Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667
Current Page: 67 of 67
Re: Mick Jagger solo works
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2021 23:49

slewan
well, the tragic aspect (from Jagger's point of view) is that all his attempts to put on a solo career failed (does anyone remember Superheavy?) and he had to realize that he depends on Keith Richards to find a (mass) audience.
Keith Richards on the other hand doesn't seem to give a damm how many people enjoy his solo stuff. It always seemed to be that he's fine with or without large crowds, with or without Jagger, with or without chart topping songs, with or without his music being played in discos/clubs etc. Therefore he's so much more relaxed than poor Mick Jagger…

Great post. thumbs up

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: January 28, 2021 20:52

LeonidP
Mariuana
bobo
Hairball
"But from a purely musical and creative point of view, I found it strange. Why are we playing all these Stones songs? This is your solo career".

Yep, gotta agree with Simon Phillips - he has the integrity that Mick was lacking at the time.

Really? Keith sounded like a spoiled kid who had absolutely no understanding at all for someone else to do something like that. And all this nonsense about Mick playing this or that...come on. But when Keith did Stones songs on his tour it was ok because he sang it on the albums. Thanks for the laugh.

Keith is the biggest hypocrite when it comes to what Mick does as a solo-musician. People tend to excuse him for that when actually he does pretty much the same. I heard people thought it was funny when Keith threw insults at musucians who were playing with Mick. Well, it was not funny, it was mean and rude.

Keith never wanted to do music outside of the Stones. When Mick did it, it was a slap in the face to Keith, so he lashed out (albeit immaturely). So it wasn't being a hypocrite, Keith saw it as his only response, to do his own albums, as it looked like Mick was trying for a solo career.

I was not talking about him going solo as such. I was talking about him throwing dirt at Mick in the media and dissing him for some of his ideas when later he picked them up and did the same.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 28, 2021 21:17

Rick Rubin really pushed MJ on vocals on wandering spirit they are so good. I always thought the next great stones record would of been songs from Talk is Cheap and wandering. Mick wrote so many songs on wandering that would of been perfect for Keith's backing vocals and vice a versa for MJ on Talk is Cheap. On use me did
Lenny K wrote that bass line ? .

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 28, 2021 21:31

OpenG
Rick Rubin really pushed MJ on vocals on wandering spirit they are so good. I always thought the next great stones record would of been songs from Talk is Cheap and wandering. Mick wrote so many songs on wandering that would of been perfect for Keith's backing vocals and vice a versa for MJ on Talk is Cheap. On use me did
Lenny K wrote that bass line ? .

"Use Me" is a Bill Withers cover, so I'm assuming either Bill or someone in his orbit wrote the bass line.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 28, 2021 23:15

Mariuana
LeonidP
Mariuana
bobo
Hairball
"But from a purely musical and creative point of view, I found it strange. Why are we playing all these Stones songs? This is your solo career".

Yep, gotta agree with Simon Phillips - he has the integrity that Mick was lacking at the time.

Really? Keith sounded like a spoiled kid who had absolutely no understanding at all for someone else to do something like that. And all this nonsense about Mick playing this or that...come on. But when Keith did Stones songs on his tour it was ok because he sang it on the albums. Thanks for the laugh.

Keith is the biggest hypocrite when it comes to what Mick does as a solo-musician. People tend to excuse him for that when actually he does pretty much the same. I heard people thought it was funny when Keith threw insults at musucians who were playing with Mick. Well, it was not funny, it was mean and rude.

Keith never wanted to do music outside of the Stones. When Mick did it, it was a slap in the face to Keith, so he lashed out (albeit immaturely). So it wasn't being a hypocrite, Keith saw it as his only response, to do his own albums, as it looked like Mick was trying for a solo career.

I was not talking about him going solo as such. I was talking about him throwing dirt at Mick in the media and dissing him for some of his ideas when later he picked them up and did the same.

Not sure I see the difference. Either way, it's obvious Keith was not happy about Mick going solo. Keith said it for years, he would never do a solo album without his brothers ... then it became out of his control, it was happening and likely looked to him that the Stones were ending. He lashed out.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean "his ideas" other than making a solo record.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 29, 2021 18:48

HouseBoyKnows
... Then I went to the 1993 Webster Hall gig video. I was there and forgot that I am in the video near the front. Good times.

HBK

I am there with you! I was in the 2nd row back, and can only see myself for 1 split second in the video. My friend taped it w/ his cassette player, and for several years we had the only live known version, until it started to hit the streets!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 2, 2021 17:00

Live Aid, 13-Jul-1985 - 3-Track-EP - [www.Qobuz.com] :

1 - Just Another Night (Live at John F. Kennedy Stadium, 13-Jul-1985) - 5:12

2 - Miss You (Live at John F. Kennedy Stadium, 13-Jul-1985) - 4:56

3 - State of Shock / It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (Live at John F. Kennedy Stadium, 13-Jul-1985) - 5:38

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667
Current Page: 67 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home