Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 67
Re: Mick Jagger solo works
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: June 21, 2017 12:20

Doxa
matxil
HMS
44 pages about the most superfluous solo-career-attempt in rock-history, not bad smoking smiley

thumbs up

yeah, it must be odd that there exists such a thing as a Mick Jagger dedicated thread in a site dedicated to the Rolling Stones. Thankfully and naturally (sarcasm included), most of the posts in this way too long thread are presenting anti-Jagger-feelings as it should be in a way to show one's true dedicition to authentic, loyal Keith Richards fanhood or stubborn idiocy (to repeat the same @#$%& thing again and again that asks some sort of pervertism),

When reading all these anti-Jagger sentiments it makes one feel (a) if Jagger has @#$%& all the old ladies all these sweethearts have (not likely), (b) if Jagger has confused the sexuality all these 'straight' sweathearts (more likely), (c) people just don't have nothing else to do since and because (d) they never have really understood what the Rolling Stones is all about (most likely). Stick to your guitar, babe, think you are some bloody Robert Johnson, think you are some authentic Muddy Waters or Chuck Berry, dress some gypsy clothes, but, honey, it's always been much more that that!

I don't really know, just guessing. But the amount of some people here are expressing their ANTI-feelings towards the one musican that is very much reason the whole band exits in the whole place goes beyond any reasonable thinking (in a site dedicated to the Rolling Stones). Yeah, one can be critical, but what what happens here - by the gentlemants like matxil, Hairball, stones4ever, etc - is just basically showing their negative stance anything Jagger-related and seemingly defending their supposed true hero Richards - which makes me think if this is some sort of Just Bieber site people needing to show their "colors" every @#$%& instance if possible. Who has the bloody biggest penis? (Which is to say; this whole Jagger vs. Richards controversy exits because of 'Keith people' - for them it is always so damn important to make the controversy to defend their hero)) Yeah, we know, you don't like Jagger, but does that always to be repeated again and again. Saying the SAME SAME SAME @#$%& same thing again and again. It's not just expressing an opinion (don't give me that childish democratic rhetorics), it is just more like provoking some @#$%& agenda.

Sometimes I really wonder if the people here are actually adult or why one needs to act so childish?. Is the bad spirit purposeful? My probable mistake is that I actually take people as adult-like in their own opinions and their ability to cope with differing opinions. Yeah, like Dandie and many others might say I was once critical (= not agreeing wih the consensus) of Keith's solo album a year or two ago, but I don't think my opinion is such important that every bloody instance needed to be downplay Jagger because "Doxa bashed CROSSSEYED HEART" (or, if one likes, LIFE, or some other of Keith's doings in the last couple of years)

Can't you gentlemen - for some reason, it is only question of gents here, not ladies - really see you how @#$%& tiresome you are with your the same and old Jagger bashings? Yes, we have heard that, it's more predictable than any Stones set list, thank you. Have you anything else to say? Something novel? Something to rethink, maybe?

- Doxa

Doxa
And to continue my rant - what else there is really to say any longer? That I love or hate some damn DIRTY WORK or not? - it is exactly because of all these Keith Richards people - call them whatever you want, I have named a few - and the atmosphere these people lay every @#$%& thread in this site that I have reduced all my sayings to this only very thread and the one discussing a new Stones album. Since this is a Jagger thread I thought some of the Richards people might a bit hold their horses. But yeah, I know I know it is stupid to even think so. 'Hey look at "Let's Work" - isn't that bloody horrible!'', "YES YES YES". "KEEF KEEF KEEF!"

I used to like very much this site I and I have written quite a lot here along the years. So many great contributors, so much insights to share. Now it feels like it is just me and some people adoring Keith's farth these days 'discussing' here. "Keith is genuine", "I loathe Mick".. Oh jeez...

Actually I do understand why all the people did 'go'. What I don't, is that why I haven't. Damn, to name one (of many), I miss Proud Mary, my lovely Russian 'neighbour'. Actually much what I write I write her in my mind, as a potential audience. I know she doesn't like all the things I say about Jagger, but I am sure she sees my true intentions, to be, I hope, fair and true. And I really respect the man.

- Doxa

I agree. It's a shame that Proud Mary isn't contributing here anymore and a shame that the keith-camp is so dominating here. Be it that they god knows why loved CROSSDRESSED FART, but why do they want to destroy this thread with no new arguments, no new analysing, just the same old jaggerbashing? This site gets so onedimensional and boring when people like Proudmary and you, Doxa, do not contribute.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-21 12:53 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 21, 2017 12:22

DandelionPowderman

Predictable? What's predictable about IGMOATD, Now Look, Slide On This or I Feel Like Playing? They're all over the place musically and stylistically. A well of sounds, a fountain of rock, blues, soul, funk and rhythm and blues.

The consistent factor is within the high quality of the songs, imo. His other albums are a bit too uneven for me, but those four... God, they're great albums!

Ronnie had help, though, making those albums. But that is no crime, it's smart.

But I agree, let's elaborate on this is another thread.

Yes, he plays a lot of styles: soul, reggae, rock etc... but each sticks exactly to that style. The song you included is a good example: it's a good soul example, but it doesn't add nothing remarkable to the way those songs were made in the 50s. Of course, Ronnie's voice does not add anything particularly fanastic either. It's alright when you hear it in a bar, but there's no magic. Middle of the road rock, like Tom Petty, or Chris Rea, or Mellencamp, and all these "rockers". It's alright on a night out but I wouldn't listen to it at home. It doesn't move me. But I repeat: I actually like his Seven Days version very much.

Date: June 21, 2017 12:29

GetYerAngie
Doxa
And to continue my rant - what else there is really to say any longer? That I love or hate some damn DIRTY WORK or not? - it is exactly because of all these Keith Richards people - call them whatever you want, I have named a few - and the atmosphere these people lay every @#$%& thread in this site that I have reduced all my sayings to this only very thread and the one discussing a new Stones album. Since this is a Jagger thread I thought some of the Richards people might a bit hold their horses. But yeah, I know I know it is stupid to even think so. 'Hey look at "Let's Work" - isn't that bloody horrible!'', "YES YES YES". "KEEF KEEF KEEF!"

I used to like very much this site I and I have written quite a lot here along the years. So many great contributors, so much insights to share. Now it feels like it is just me and some people adoring Keith's farth these days 'discussing' here. "Keith is genuine", "I loathe Mick".. Oh jeez...

Actually I do understand why all the people did 'go'. What I don't, is that why I haven't. Damn, to name one (of many), I miss Proud Mary, my lovely Russian 'neighbour'. Actually much what I write I write her in my mind, as a potential audience. I know she doesn't like all the things I say about Jagger, but I am sure she sees my true intentions, to be, I hope, fair and true. And I really respect the man.

- Doxa

I agree. It's a shame that Proud Mary isn't contributing here anymore and a shame that the keith-camp is so dominating here. Be it that they god knows why loved Crossdressed Fart, but why do they want to destroy this thread with no new arguments, no new analysing, just the same old jaggerbashing? This site gets so onedimensional and boring when people like Proudmary and you, Doxa, do not contribute.

OK, I'll take the bait, because enough is enough. I even wrote a review of Alfie in this thread, for fvcks sake!

Saying that this is a Mick-bashing thread is like seeing ghosts at broad daylight.

In EVERY thread there will be disagreement. Why is that so hard to grasp?

The brutal rudeness and totally unnecessary hostile comments – without exceptions – from proudmary is what you're longing for here? Really? Is that the unbiased and fair vibes you are looking for?? What kind of board do you want here?

When I spend an hour listening to Alfie, and one more to give my honest (and quite positive) review of it, this is what I get?

I understand that this isn't about me in particular, but I'm trying to show how it feels for a poster who wants to contribute, and what one gets in return.

This is a great thread. Anyone who goes to great lengths to say that it is clouded by bad vibes, or try to ruin it, should be ashamed of themselves.

Rant finished!

Date: June 21, 2017 12:49

DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
Doxa

- Doxa

I agree. It's a shame that Proud Mary isn't contributing here anymore and a shame that the keith-camp is so dominating here. Be it that they god knows why loved CROSSDRESSED FART, but why do they want to destroy this thread with no new arguments, no new analysing, just the same old jaggerbashing? This site gets so onedimensional and boring when people like Proudmary and you, Doxa, do not contribute.

OK, I'll take the bait, because enough is enough. I even wrote a review of Alfie in this thread, for fvcks sake!

Saying that this is a Mick-bashing thread is like seeing ghosts at broad daylight.

The brutal rudeness and totally unnecessary hostile comments – without exceptions – from proudmary is what you're longing for here? Really? Is that the unbiased and fair vibes you are looking for?? What kind of board do you want here?

When I spend an hour listening to Alfie, and one more to give my honest (and quite positive) review of it, this is what I get?

I understand that this isn't about me in particular, but I'm trying to show how it feels for a poster who wants to contribute, and what one gets in return.

This is a great thread. Anyone who goes to great lengths to say that it is clouded by bad vibes, or try to ruin it, should be ashamed of themselves.

Rant finished!

I just want a board where the Keith camp is less dominating and less thin-skinned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-21 12:52 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 21, 2017 12:55

GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
Doxa

- Doxa

I agree. It's a shame that Proud Mary isn't contributing here anymore and a shame that the keith-camp is so dominating here. Be it that they god knows why loved Crossdressed Fart, but why do they want to destroy this thread with no new arguments, no new analysing, just the same old jaggerbashing? This site gets so onedimensional and boring when people like Proudmary and you, Doxa, do not contribute.

Rant finished!

I just want a board where the Keith camp is less dominating and less thin-skinned.

Now it's getting ridiculous...what about using the complaint and whining thread ?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 21, 2017 13:10

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzz .... Relax ... cool it all down ......

ROCKMAN

Date: June 21, 2017 13:16

GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
Doxa

- Doxa

Rant finished!

You should take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself: "What were my contributions to this thread?"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 21, 2017 13:19

........................................... Just out of Panmure LGX

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 21, 2017 13:19

DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
Doxa

- Doxa

Rant finished!

You should take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself: "What were my contributions to this thread?"

thumbs up

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 21, 2017 13:22

DandelionPowderman

Rant finished!

smileys with beer

Cheers, Dandie. I really appreciate your well worded reactions in general and also whenever this silly issue comes up again. Personally, I prefer not commenting too much about it, but I am glad for your voice of reason.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 21, 2017 13:37

I think in Rolling Stones' case about 99 percent of the public wanted them to stay together. Solo careers were uncalled for. We all wanted a new Rolling Stones album or tours instead of a new Mick Jagger album.
When Jagger promoted his albums he always, much to his detriment, recieved questions about the Rolling Stones. Few cared about his solo material. There are band that benefits from splitting up and there are
bands that don't. I think The Rolling Stones is in the latter category.

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 21, 2017 14:06

Hairball
Why has this thread gone on for 45+ pages?
Because it's Mick F*king Jagger for crying out loud!!!

Odd though that the thread title is about his "solo works"...thought that might have only lasted about five pages or less. winking smiley

Lots of twists and turns and it's turned out to be a thread for the ages! thumbs up

Yep...even Tolstoyevsky was discussed in this thread...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 21, 2017 14:07

I think your rants Doxa are caused by your intolerance of anyone who disagrees with your opinions. We don't love Crosseyed Heart to spite you and we don't dislike some aspects of Mick's solo work to upset you. It's just different points of view. We are all passionate about the Stones. Try not to take it so personally mate smileys with beer we all enjoy your posts after all, it's been said by many in the Keith Camp as well as the Mick camp. You are respected from all sides, its all good smileys with beer

Also i actually don't belong in a camp, I call Keith out on many occasions if you care to notice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-21 18:22 by stone4ever.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 21, 2017 14:55

DandelionPowderman
35love
Hey Doxa, I AM on your Mick side. In fact, it's embarrassing and I need to tone it down.
You look, you'll see, I am Mick Jagger loyal. Alone on the Taylor Swift duet thread, etc. etc.
Summer cerveza or lemonade all round now smileys with beer

I was on the barricades right with you for the Taylor Swits-duet! I thought it was very good, and didn't mind how it looked smiling smiley

'Old habits die hard, others seem to fade away'
I typed this to say: the way Mick sings this line/brings up the word 'hard' to a higher note (I am not a singer, forgive explanation)
perfect every time in that...
So I look up 'Alfie' Jagger's cover Oscar winner (I own the iTunes single)
BUT DID NOT KNOW THERE IS A WHOLE ALBUM??
"Old Habits Die Hard" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart Backing vocals by Kaya Jones and Katy Perry
"Blind Leading the Blind (Live Acoustic Version)" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"New York Hustle" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Let's Make It Up" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Wicked Time" – Joss Stone and Nadirah "Nadz" Seid, featuring Mick Jagger
"Lonely Without You (This Christmas)" – Mick Jagger and Joss Stone
"Darkness of Your Love" – Gary "Mudbone" Cooper and David A. Stewart
"Jack the Lad" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Oh Nikki" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Blind Leading the Blind" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Standing in the Rain" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Counting the Days" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Old Habits Reprise" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Alfie" – Joss Stone
"Old Habits Die Hard" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart, featuring Sheryl Crow

Did you review this whole thing?? Whaddya think about this?
Should I buy it and give it a spin (download) ?

Date: June 21, 2017 15:04

Rolling Stone Magazine ((copied))

Mick Jagger Shines on 'Alfie' Soundtrack
Legend writes songs with Eurhythmics' Dave Stewart, prepares live Stones disc

October 28, 2004
"When we started this project, I knew we'd have to write at least three really good songs," says Mick Jagger of his work on the soundtrack to the remake of the classic 1966 film Alfie. Jagger, with Eurhythmics mastermind Dave Stewart, recorded thirteen original tracks, including "Old Habits Die Hard," a bitter-sweet rocker about the film's philandering title character. "That phrase works really well for Alfie," says Jagger. "It characterizes his life. The songs have to be right. It's a lot of intellectualizing and crafting, and I'm quite pleased with what we've accomplished."

The project began in August 2003, when Stewart was approached by Alfie director Charles Shyer. "I downloaded some of Sonny Rollins' amazing saxophone work from the original score," says Stewart, referring to the original film, starring Michael Caine. "The director had said to me that he'd somehow like the feeling of the Sixties in the new music. Mick Jagger's voice popped into my head. I thought it'd be great to use Mick's voice as Rollins' saxophone." After writing together in Mustique, in the West Indies, and in Los Angeles, Jagger and Stewart reunited in May at the old Beatles stomping ground, Abbey Road's Studio Two, in London. There they recorded tunes such as "Blind Leading the Blind," "New York Hustle" and "Old Habits." For "Alfie," the oft-covered Burt Bacharach classic, they enlisted British soul prodigy Joss Stone. It went so well that Stone also duetted with Jagger on "Lonely Without You (This Christmas)." "It was amazing," says Stewart. "This seventeen-year-old girl, standing at a microphone opposite Mick. She'd just learned the song five minutes earlier, around the piano with us, and she nailed the vocal in one take. It sounds like it belongs on a Stax Christmas album."

P.S. as a side note, Joss Stone was 17 years old? ^^

On May 9 2016 ((copied below))
Joss Stone: 'Mick Jagger didn't ask me out'
Mick Jagger isn’t the “hazardous rocker” he’s made out to be, explains Joss Stone.

Joss worked with the Rolling Stones legend on short-lived group SuperHeavy in 2011, which also included A. R. Rahman, Damian Marley and Eurythmics’ star David A. Stewart.

A rumour went around that 72-year-old Mick had asked Joss out, but the 29-year-old admits the truth is much less exciting.

“No. He said, ‘Hey, what are you doing later?’ but he said it to everyone in the studio, not just me," she told Britain’s Hello! magazine. "Everyone makes him to be this hazardous rocker, but he’s not like that. He loves a cup of tea and a good old chat.”

Date: June 21, 2017 15:04

35love
DandelionPowderman
35love
Hey Doxa, I AM on your Mick side. In fact, it's embarrassing and I need to tone it down.
You look, you'll see, I am Mick Jagger loyal. Alone on the Taylor Swift duet thread, etc. etc.
Summer cerveza or lemonade all round now smileys with beer

I was on the barricades right with you for the Taylor Swits-duet! I thought it was very good, and didn't mind how it looked smiling smiley

'Old habits die hard, others seem to fade away'
I typed this to say: the way Mick sings this line/brings up the word 'hard' to a higher note (I am not a singer, forgive explanation)
perfect every time in that...
So I look up 'Alfie' Jagger's cover Oscar winner (I own the iTunes single)
BUT DID NOT KNOW THERE IS A WHOLE ALBUM??
"Old Habits Die Hard" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart Backing vocals by Kaya Jones and Katy Perry
"Blind Leading the Blind (Live Acoustic Version)" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"New York Hustle" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Let's Make It Up" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Wicked Time" – Joss Stone and Nadirah "Nadz" Seid, featuring Mick Jagger
"Lonely Without You (This Christmas)" – Mick Jagger and Joss Stone
"Darkness of Your Love" – Gary "Mudbone" Cooper and David A. Stewart
"Jack the Lad" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Oh Nikki" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Blind Leading the Blind" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Standing in the Rain" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Counting the Days" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Old Habits Reprise" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart
"Alfie" – Joss Stone
"Old Habits Die Hard" – Mick Jagger and David A. Stewart, featuring Sheryl Crow

Did you review this whole thing?? Whaddya think about this?
Should I buy it and give it a spin (download) ?

Here it is again. Not very detailed, but you'll get the picture smiling smiley

I'm listening to Alfie now. It's better than I remembered.

An interesting note: The melody line on «Let's Make It Up» is very similar to that of «Don't Call Me Up» on Goddess In The Doorway on the verses.

Alfie is mellow album, but has a nice flow, despite being a soundtrack record. I think both the writing and the performance is good. Mick takes his mannerism a bit too far for my liking time and again, but well, that works - he's Mick after all smiling smiley

When similar, mellow songs are about to make me feel the album drags out a bit, the Joss Stone and Dave Stewart/Gary Cooper-stuff makes it swing a bit again. That works, too. Some of the bluesy and soul-ish stuff is great.

Best songs:

Lonely Without You (This Christmas)
Let's Make It Up
Standing In The Rain

If I'm not mistaken, Alfie is the first album from which Mick solo has won musical awards (Golden Globe for best motion picture song with Old Habits Die Hard, Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards: Best song (Old Habits), Gold Derby Awards: Best song (Old Habits), Las Vegas Film Critics Society Awards: Best song (Old Habits), Online Film & Television Association: Best song (Old Habits), World Soundtrack Awards: Best original song written for film (Old Habits)

Chart positions:

Album:

2001 UK Top Soundtracks 36[1]
2001 The Billboard 200 171[2]
2002 Billboard Top Soundtracks 11[3]

Single:

Year Single Chart Position
2004 Old Habits Die Hard UK Top 45 24[1]

Date: June 21, 2017 15:28

Cool DP! I did download/purchase the album, and will listen later!
(P.S. I did say 'Oscar/Alfie' earlier, but then remembered it was the
Golden Globes awards he was at (picking at the dinner plate w/L'wren, I think he was complaining about the food, lol)
xxoo

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 21, 2017 16:04

grand marketing opportunity when the SOLO TOGETHER LP comes out. (god i hate giving billionaires ideas) .
There will be a track from one and then the other on both 'sides' of this project. Who starts the album will also launch a greatly tense debate thread about the dynamics of that decision, and what it really, (really) means.
It will be time to plant a flag and go for broke. Which one is THE Stone with the bone? the Stone who never leaves you alone. the Stones you wish that you could phone...
...the Stone who really does it; the Stone who brought the fuzzit even...
...and of course, perhaps especially. who's todger looms lardger.

So first a Mick song, (cuz the lips) then a Keithie; then another Mickie it will go real quickie. Take the 'best' let's talk about it! -- which one really prompted the grand success or remote failures in their mighty legacy.

I think the LP should start off with Turner then whip into Eileen and so on...i, for one, can not wait.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 11:15 by hopkins.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 21, 2017 16:31

Rockman
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzz .... Relax ... cool it all down ......

Yes, Y'all need to cool out.

... Oh, and i should add, Let's Work sucks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-21 16:32 by LeonidP.

Date: June 21, 2017 16:47

Doxa

Aaah. BLUE & LONESOME is one of those albums one just forgets one's brains and just let it go... the more one loves the originals, the more one loves Stones' covers; they go in one token. A great current showcase how lively, vibrant genre Chicago blues once was. No one else could have reproduced the true feeling of that devil music again better than the Stones (no one else have I guess that kind of access, no matter how indirect it is, to the the original source, that of really understanding why that music makes the difference, and not just being 'just another kind kind of textbook genre' or an act of 'true purism' etc.)) And the Stones sounding more like the Stones for ages. And them doing that that speaks volumes. A marvellous album.

- Doxa

All I can say is enjoy your trip Doxa, and btw, Lourdes is not that far away from Nellcote, if you get my (musical) point.thumbs up

Date: June 21, 2017 22:14

DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
Doxa

- Doxa

Rant finished!

You are pathetic, Dandie. Just try to reread your own "balanced" contribution a bit closer.

Yes Proudmary was a bit harsh sometimes, but mostly as a defence when attacked. She had interesting posts. I didn't always agree with her, but to say that she was hostile with no exceptions, well that just shows how biased you are.

I prefered Keith's first solo album when it was published, and didn't care much for Micks first two. But Wandering Spirit turned that around, and I got somewhat bored with the Keith myth hailed by lazy critics and his conservative Tom Waits-adapting approach. Nearly 25 years ago. Now I think a fault like Let's Work is way more interesting than Keith's safetybelt albums, which at best has a couple of promising tracks with a good groove - but suffers from his singing, which is way worse than Nobel Laurate Bob Dylan.
And more than the first half of Goddess is actually very good - not Stones territory (or Keith territory) but nice discoveries in the pop area. Joy fx was not thinkable on a Stones album.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 21, 2017 22:45

Now I think a fault like Let's Work is way more interesting than Keith's safetybelt albums

Yikes, you can't be serious. It's not possible.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 21, 2017 22:48

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 21, 2017 23:09

Brothers and sisters, come on now. .. Who's fighting and what for?

Date: June 22, 2017 00:08

GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
Doxa

- Doxa

Rant finished!

You are pathetic, Dandie. Just try to reread your own "balanced" contribution a bit closer.

Yes Proudmary was a bit harsh sometimes, but mostly as a defence when attacked. She had interesting posts. I didn't always agree with her, but to say that she was hostile with no exceptions, well that just shows how biased you are.

I prefered Keith's first solo album when it was published, and didn't care much for Micks first two. But Wandering Spirit turned that around, and I got somewhat bored with the Keith myth hailed by lazy critics and his conservative Tom Waits-adapting approach. Nearly 25 years ago. Now I think a fault like Let's Work is way more interesting than Keith's safetybelt albums, which at best has a couple of promising tracks with a good groove - but suffers from his singing, which is way worse than Nobel Laurate Bob Dylan.
And more than the first half of Goddess is actually very good - not Stones territory (or Keith territory) but nice discoveries in the pop area. Joy fx was not thinkable on a Stones album.

This is not about what we like or don't like. I enjoy both Goddess and Alfie, as I've stated numerous times in this thread, if you bothered to read it.

What I don't like is people like you trying to stir the pot and create fights that simply aren't there. Chiming in to give an extra push if there is a potential discussion that might lead to a fight.

You think I'm pathetic? My only vice is that I'm having a different opinion than you, that's it..

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 22, 2017 00:21

I love everyone's rants - it's worth checking in to the board to read them !

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 22, 2017 01:39

Swayed1967
matxil
Doxa

- Doxa

Although I didn't read you latest novel, I appreciate your stamina. Keep them coming Doxa!

His ‘novels’ are nothing but the unintelligible ramblings of a violently opinionated man speaking in a foreign language. It’s not pretty to read. (He’s also incredibly self-deluded if he thinks his negative review of Keith’s CH prompted others to criticize Jagger’s works.)

Doxa: Please try to be more concise, refrain from calling others 'honey,' and reduce the number of references to your magnificent self. Many thanks.

You tell'em!

Doxa: dont stop, thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 10:14 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 22, 2017 06:07

So, by way of a quick summation:

Mick's solo records have a few good songs on them and many more crap songs on them.

Mick should never have recorded any solo albums because if he hadn't everything would have been fine and The Rolling Stones would not have released crap albums for the past 35 years.

The fact that Mick could not exclusively express himself creatively within the confines of The Rolling Stones proves what a small penis he has.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 22, 2017 07:43

Swayed1967
matxil
Doxa

- Doxa

Although I didn't read you latest novel, I appreciate your stamina. Keep them coming Doxa!

His ‘novels’ are nothing but the unintelligible ramblings of a violently opinionated man speaking in a foreign language. It’s not pretty to read. (He’s also incredibly self-deluded if he thinks his negative review of Keith’s CH prompted others to criticize Jagger’s works.)

Doxa: Please try to be more concise, refrain from calling others 'honey,' and reduce the number of references to your magnificent self. Many thanks.

I have more than 15 pages to read myself up on in this thread after more or less an absence.

I notice a reference to this post, though.

I am pretty certain that I am not the only one to strongly disagree with what you say and propose here.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: June 22, 2017 09:44

LongBeachArena72
So, by way of a quick summation:

Mick's solo records have a few good songs on them and many more crap songs on them.

Mick should never have recorded any solo albums because if he hadn't everything would have been fine and The Rolling Stones would not have released crap albums for the past 35 years.

The fact that Mick could not exclusively express himself creatively within the confines of The Rolling Stones proves what a small penis he has.

Mick’s solo records don’t have ANY good songs on them if you’re a Stones fan...which I am. Neither do Keith’s for that matter. Here of course I’m using the word ‘good’ in its archaic sense, as in ‘as good’ as the Stones’ golden period and worthy of multiple listens. ‘Angel in my Heart’ is arguably a good song (I suppose) but I listen to it about as often as I listen to all the ‘good songs’ released by Elton John in the last 30 years. I repeat – I’m a Stones fan. And Mick’s solo stuff is basically telling me to go f**k myself, that’s how anti-Stones it sounds. You can call that his prerogative, you can call it daring and laudable, you can forgive him his poor taste in music and argue that his solo records are quality-wise not inferior to anything the latter day Stones have released, you can even own some of those records but a real Stones fan has a moral obligation to say ‘Mick Jagger the solo artist sucks rocks.’

There are always gonna be a few exceptions of course. His collaborations with Ronnie on ‘I Can Feel The Fire’ and John on ‘Oh Virginia’ were stellar.

Your other comments are just plain silly – regardless of Mick’s solo career the Stones were destined to produce crap album after crap album from the 80s onward and will probably continue to do so for the rest of this century. And everybody knows it’s Darryl who has the small todger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 09:46 by Swayed1967.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home