Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Tom Fogerty
Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: July 1, 2016 01:35

Just to know the opinion about him from the people in this site.

I like his music a lot, and he released some very good albums.

Do you think he was as good as his brother ?

Bye to everybody
Fernando

Re: OT: Tom Fogerty
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 1, 2016 01:52

I saw CCR after their 2nd album was released.

The show was a bit if a disappointment for 2 reasons;

Their set was only 35 minutes long

...and regarding Tom - you couldn't hear the rhythm guitar, which was a big part of their sound, at least on record.

Posted by: matatu ()
Date: July 1, 2016 16:24

Fernandobsas

Bye to everybody
Fernando

No.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 1, 2016 16:56

You're kidding, right ?

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 1, 2016 17:59

Huh?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 1, 2016 19:15

matatu
Fernandobsas

Bye to everybody
Fernando

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-01 19:23 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 2, 2016 17:43

Not a chance

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 2, 2016 19:48

There are at least two solar system between the brothers. To John's advantage of course!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 2, 2016 23:33

He's slightly above Aaron Presley.

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: July 15, 2016 05:11

HEY 24FPS:

If you are trying to make a lame-ass joke about Elvis Presley's stillborn brother, his name was Jesse Garon Presley, you douchebag. It's a shame he died and you lived....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 15, 2016 05:58

Garon?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 15, 2016 06:08

IN MEMORY OF
JESSIE GARON PRESLEY
JANUARY 8, 1935

on his gravestone.

It's all caps on the actual stone, thus transposed in caps for the sake of authenticity and proper spelling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-17 08:33 by hopkins.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 15, 2016 17:38

Toms's still making a buck playing living off his brother's catalogue more power to him

..that being said he's nowhere near the talent of his brother John

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 15, 2016 17:41

reg thorpe
Toms's still making a buck playing living off his brother's catalogue more power to him

I thought he was dead.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: July 15, 2016 17:51

..yeah, since almost 26 years ago...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 15, 2016 19:40

Elmo Lewis
reg thorpe

I thought he was dead.

I thought so too. ( are we completely sure he isn't ? )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-15 23:49 by Bungo.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 21:45

He passed away from AIDS in 1990. I googled John Fogerty because I just bought tickets for an upcoming show this October in Abbotsford near Vancouver. There was an article about his biography and how he refused to play with Doug Clifford and Stu Cook at CCR's Hall of Fame induction and all the legal fighting that has gone on over the years between John and the other 3 members.

On Tesla's 5 Man Acoustical Jam album, they dedicate Lodi to Tom Fogerty.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 16, 2016 19:11

Tom could not carry his brother's jockstrap.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 16, 2016 20:06

DGA35
He passed away from AIDS in 1990. I googled John Fogerty because I just bought tickets for an upcoming show this October in Abbotsford near Vancouver. There was an article about his biography and how he refused to play with Doug Clifford and Stu Cook at CCR's Hall of Fame induction and all the legal fighting that has gone on over the years between John and the other 3 members.

hey...me too!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 16, 2016 21:01

treaclefingers
DGA35

hey...me too!

Got Amex presale notification on Wednesday so I went online and bought $49 tickets on the endzone, row 9. 2 Rows down the tickets were $79. Had the tickets sent via UPS because I didn't want to have them potentially in the mail if Canada Post goes on strike. Got the tickets delivered to my office in Chilliwack and they showed up yesterday! Just saw Heart in concert there a couple months ago, too.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 16, 2016 22:23

DGA35
There was an article about his biography and how he refused to play with Doug Clifford and Stu Cook at CCR's Hall of Fame induction and all the legal fighting that has gone on over the years between John and the other 3 members.

Although he refused to play with them, he did accept the award with them before the performance portion of the show (where Fogerty played with others).

Interesting to watch...

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 16, 2016 23:44

Spodlumt
HEY 24FPS:

If you are trying to make a lame-ass joke about Elvis Presley's stillborn brother, his name was Jesse Garon Presley, you douchebag. It's a shame he died and you lived....

Thank you, Spodlumt. You are correct, my joke misfired. I thought his middle name was Aaron. Bless your heart, Spodlumt.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: July 17, 2016 00:15

Weren't the last words of Tom on his death bed to John that the owner of Fantasy records (whom John engaged with in long, vindictive lawsuits) was his "best friend." It's nearly comical, I can see it -- "come closer...closer....SAUL ZAENTZ IS MY BEST FRIEND!" Then closes his eyes and dies.

Date: July 17, 2016 00:17

Zaents can't dance...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 17, 2016 06:52

Wry Cooter
Weren't the last words of Tom on his death bed to John that the owner of Fantasy records (whom John engaged with in long, vindictive lawsuits) was his "best friend." It's nearly comical, I can see it -- "come closer...closer....SAUL ZAENTZ IS MY BEST FRIEND!" Then closes his eyes and dies.

From John's autobiography (asterisk comment and all)...

Even the very last time I saw Tom, he told me, "Saul's my best friend. I can count on him."* He came out with that out of the blue.

* Saul Zaentz did not attend Tom's funeral. So much for being Tom's "best friend."

More here...
[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: July 17, 2016 06:58

HEY 24FPS:

If you are trying to make a lame-ass joke about Elvis Presley's stillborn brother, his name was Jesse Garon Presley, you douchebag. It's a shame he died and you lived....[/quote]

Thank you, Spodlumt. You are correct, my joke misfired. I thought his middle name was Aaron. Bless your heart, Spodlumt[/i]

Hey 24FPS:

You are forgiven.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: July 17, 2016 17:31

Thanks for all the info. Now I know that Tom was not like John in terms of creativity, but at least he leave us this great song:

[www.youtube.com]

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 17, 2016 18:48

DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35

hey...me too!

Got Amex presale notification on Wednesday so I went online and bought $49 tickets on the endzone, row 9. 2 Rows down the tickets were $79. Had the tickets sent via UPS because I didn't want to have them potentially in the mail if Canada Post goes on strike. Got the tickets delivered to my office in Chilliwack and they showed up yesterday! Just saw Heart in concert there a couple months ago, too.

i'm row 12 on the floor...just saw meatloaf a couple of weeks ago in abbotsford (possibly the worst concert i've ever witnessed) but the venue was great. I was in the endzone for that, still good seats.

I just went for the print out tix, just a bit easier. enjoy the show!

ps...i also went the amex route.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-17 18:49 by treaclefingers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home