Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: OT British Election
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 28, 2016 11:31

People who voted for Brexit are baaaaaaad people. Look here :
[www.les-crises.fr]

Yup here's a true proto-fascist or krypto-fascist winking smiley

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 28, 2016 15:43

It must be amazing to build an empire, fight off the Nazis and then then have some yo gimp say that you're too old to vote.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 28, 2016 15:51

rbk
It must be amazing to build an empire, fight off the Nazis and then then have some yo gimp say that you're too old to vote.

Ha-ha; spot-on!

I'm not a fan of the 'yoot vote' Their turnout in this referendum was relatively poor and their reasoning for 'remain', often sketchy. I heard one eighteen-year-old bleating on the radio; 'I'm a European; I'm a citizen of the world' Yeah lovey, of course you are. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 28, 2016 16:34

Hear, hear His Majesty!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 28, 2016 17:04

Farage, Kinnocks will probably do everything to keep as good EU pensions for themselves as possible. That's how politicians are - EU or non EU.

Pamper their own pockets is prime goal.hot smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 28, 2016 17:38

A meaningless statement, mtaylor. That's how, almost, everyone is. Doesn't matter if you're a politician, a banker or a football player. One of few things that is always a certain. Like the moon, the sun and the Rolling Stones...

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: June 28, 2016 17:55

UK & Churchill saved Europe during 2nd world war.
I will NEVER forget this.
If someday they want to come back, the door must remain opened.

A french citizen.

Date: June 28, 2016 17:57

LiveAtHidepark

A french citizen.

Perhaps with just a "little" help from the USA?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 28, 2016 18:03

filstan
LiveAtHidepark

A french citizen.

i would think that russia would have to be acknowledged as well, given they really bore the brunt of the nazi onslaught and pushed them from moscow to berlin.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 28, 2016 18:05

To be true it was Russia who defeated Germany in WWII. With a little help from the Allied.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 28, 2016 18:05

I thought this article from a American blog called 'The Hill' (a reference to Capitol Hill) might provide some positive illumination on the subject.

Written by a 'british citizen' and 'british lobbyist' currently living in the USA, he writes that though he didn't vote to leave EU he is confident in Britain's economic future/recovery.

[thehill.com]

Date: June 28, 2016 18:09

filstan
LiveAtHidepark

A french citizen.

YES.

My english is not enough good to go deeper in such a disussion, but Churchill was the Saviour from the beggining to the end.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 28, 2016 18:18

Stoneage
To be true it was Russia who defeated Germany in WWII. With a little help from the Allied.

agreed, although carving up poland with germany probably didn't instill a lot of sympathy from the historical perspective.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 28, 2016 18:19

"Live"...you are wonderful! Churchill was THE MAN.

I love France and I love England and their relationship must always be kept
STRONG.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 28, 2016 18:30

[Cough] Juno Beach...

Date: June 28, 2016 19:01

LiveAtHidepark
filstan
LiveAtHidepark

A french citizen.

YES.

My english is not enough good to go deeper in such a disussion, but Churchill was the Saviour from the beggining to the end.

Its' all here:

[youtu.be]

Date: June 28, 2016 19:04

stonesrule
"Live"...you are wonderful! Churchill was THE MAN.

I love France and I love England and their relationship must always be kept
STRONG.

Thanks.

Brexit was voted for (bad) finiancial reasons.

With Brexit, UK will loose Europe (and maybe Scotland) and Europe will loose UK.

Again, hard to explain exactly what i think in a foreign language.

I hope the best for both UK and Europe.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 28, 2016 19:17

Ahem... Are you talking politics here?

Bjornulf

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 28, 2016 19:28

Erm...

Date: June 28, 2016 19:33

bv

Yes, but as long as nobody is insulting other people ...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 28, 2016 19:35

SomeTorontoGirl
Erm...

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 28, 2016 19:55

bv

We are trying to keep it civilised, no one wants to get banned winking smiley

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: June 28, 2016 20:00

Stoneage

And to be true, we should remember, that, Stalin/USSR also cooperated with Germany in the beginning of the war. Perhaps we should remember many died fighting on the side of the USSR and not just Russians, I saw a statistical analysis of it.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 28, 2016 20:03

I support what the British voters did.
The EU only works if there is true monetary and political union, like a United States of America, for example.
If Germany has 4 pct unemployment and Spain has 20 pct, then it has not worked. If the Germans are putting the screws to the Greeks, then it has not worked. In the U.S. if one state has low unemployment, people from other states move there. And tax dollars from rich states flow to poor states.
I also think Britain, being the birthplace of so many of the classic liberal ideas has a different view of things than European nations, which tend to go more for statism than for individual liberty.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 28, 2016 20:16

wonderboy
I support what the British voters did.
The EU only works if there is true monetary and political union, like a United States of America, for example.
If Germany has 4 pct unemployment and Spain has 20 pct, then it has not worked. If the Germans are putting the screws to the Greeks, then it has not worked. In the U.S. if one state has low unemployment, people from other states move there. And tax dollars from rich states flow to poor states.
I also think Britain, being the birthplace of so many of the classic liberal ideas has a different view of things than European nations, which tend to go more for statism than for individual liberty.

Fully agree. If they don't want, so be it - it's just that they don't understand, I don't believe this was a qualified decision. More money to the NHS? Won't happen, more taxes and less money for social security. More fishing rights? Won't happen. Fishing rights are always negotiated internationally as you share waters with so many nations AND your government actually decided to give the fishing rights to big multinationals instead of fishermen. Now these fishermen won't even receive EU subsidies to buy new nets to reduce bycatch. And on the topic of fishing: You want to fish more? In what reality do you live in? Waters are heavily overfished as it is and it's a constant fight to protect waters to allow fish populations to regenerate. You think because you are out of the EU now you don't have to give a shit because English folks have a right to have as much soggy English fish and chips on their table as they like?

But to be clear, what is apparently a horror to many here is what I believe is the best possible future: A strong, unified, United States of Europe. It's apparent it won't possible with the generation who so graciously saved "our ass in WW2".

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: June 28, 2016 20:18

Lorenz
bv

We are trying to keep it civilised, no one wants to get banned winking smiley

Actually, we have been waiting for the Norwegiorrian in you, bv, to guide and advise us exiting and remaining Europeans!

Date: June 28, 2016 20:30

Lorenz

But to be clear, what is apparently a horror to many here is what I believe is the best possible future: A strong, unified, United States of Europe. It's apparent it won't possible with the generation who so graciously saved "our ass in WW2".

Before we became the United States, we spent several years under the Articles of Confederation, which proved to be very unsatisfactory.
A United States of Europe would be a good idea, but how to prevent Germany from dominating and smaller nations from being submerged. Perhaps the U.S. Constitution could be a guide, as our smaller states needed assurances that Virginia and other large states at that time would not dominate.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 28, 2016 21:02

bv

Yes, but for once, peacefully smiling smiley

Date: June 28, 2016 22:03

Does this mean the Stones can't go to the south of France and record their new album and avoid the tax man?
Actually, in all seriousness, if there was a true European Union, they couldn't have done that.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 28, 2016 22:20

bv

No, talking about Stones touring possibilities in Europe.

And if Stones one more time will relocate to NellcĂ´te, like they did before UK entered in EU....smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2277
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home