Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NO LOOP ON SYMPTHY KICK ASS
Date: August 26, 2005 07:04

did i hear correctly, NO LOOP ON SYMPTHY KICK ASS, sounds like charly and blondie played it live, any thoughts??

Re: NO LOOP ON SYMPTHY KICK ASS
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 26, 2005 08:30

there seems to be some debate over this question - i maintain there is no loop - i hear charlie and what sounds like someone playing a cowbell....

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 26, 2005 09:13

there's a loop in the back but as Charlie is drumming you won't recognize it so prominent as on sooner tours. Was just time to fix that!

And, what's more important Mick changed the singing completely. It's now more a speech-singing (something like rap alike if at all).

I must admit I'm glad they were able to do some rearrangements after all these years!! And the overall sound of the whole show seems much better. Guitars are upfront when they have to and bass is great and fat this time. I'm a bit more confident to see them in NYC!

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: August 26, 2005 09:15

Have they ditched 4 on the floor this time around?

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: intv7 ()
Date: August 26, 2005 15:56

The loop is there, but it's buried in the mix. Someone's playing cowbell, Charlie's playing along with the loop and his drums are much louder than the backing. I heard the recording and it didn't pick up the loop, but in the venue you could hear it.

Date: August 26, 2005 17:12

If it's there at all,it is definitely different than the '89-'03 style loop.I'll pay more attention if/when they play it tonight.

Posted by: SpanishTony ()
Date: August 26, 2005 20:40

From my recollection on Tuesday night, there was no canned loop in the beginning as the opening samba beat was played by someone live (Charlie?). I believe a loop may have come on in the background once Mick got through the opening verse. That was my recollection but I have not heard the live boot.

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: August 26, 2005 21:57

Rearrangement is a key if they cant change the numbers then rearragement would excite fans, like 19th nervous in TO?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: August 26, 2005 22:09

Definitely sounded like a canned loop to me. It was, as mentioned above, more hidden in the mix. I did not see anyone playing congas. The version was better, slightly more raw, than past versions. Charlie's beat was SLIGHTLY more Ya-Ya's-esque than the straight-ahead beat he's played since steel wheels.

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: August 26, 2005 22:35

Heard that the circus Stockhom 02 extra number was diffent (heare it sounded more 75) as well is this what it sound like?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 26, 2005 23:19

Tate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Definitely sounded like a canned loop to me. It
> was, as mentioned above, more hidden in the mix.
> I did not see anyone playing congas. The version
> was better, slightly more raw, than past versions.
> Charlie's beat was SLIGHTLY more Ya-Ya's-esque
> than the straight-ahead beat he's played since
> steel wheels.
>
>

per my other post - Charlie's beat is right out of Suck on the Jugular. Listen to it again if you don't believe me...

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: August 27, 2005 02:01

And Chuck didnĀ“t play any piano but instead worked the old organ.
And that together with Micks new singingstyle to this song and Charlies drumming makes it sound almost more lite the rock/folk version from One plus One.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: August 27, 2005 03:23

The differents is that Charlie is now more active in his drumming. You can clearly hear his drumming and he is filling up the "quiet" spots as appose to the '94-'03 versions.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home