Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Your First Stones Show...
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 19, 2016 01:34

Rotterdam '73

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 19, 2016 01:45

1995 In Lissabon.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: June 19, 2016 02:23

Madrid 2014.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 19, 2016 02:44

Voodoo Lounge Brisbane Australia

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 19, 2016 03:10

mandu
Voodoo Lounge Brisbane Australia[/quote

The Brisbane show was my 3rd ever Stones show (after the two in Sydney). I was 24 years old and Inwas so incredibly excited that the Stones were back in Australia for the first time in 22 years. I had a seat quite a long way back in the stands. My fondest memory of that night was the guy next to me who was probably about 50 (then) with his son who was about 10 years old. Before the show the guy was quite serious, trying to explain to his son about the Stones and what to expect. The said was quite reserved and serious.....but went the Stones came on and started playing "Not Fade Away" the guy lost it - all of a sudden he was 15 years old again. It was really cool to see.

Now I am 45 years old and I have an 8 year old son and I think that quite soon (if we are lucky)we may get to see the Stones in the UK again and I will take my son with me and I will be just like that dad that I sAw in Brisbane 21 years ago...

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 19, 2016 04:23

john lomax
mandu
Voodoo Lounge Brisbane Australia[/quote

The Brisbane show was my 3rd ever Stones show (after the two in Sydney). I was 24 years old and Inwas so incredibly excited that the Stones were back in Australia for the first time in 22 years. I had a seat quite a long way back in the stands. My fondest memory of that night was the guy next to me who was probably about 50 (then) with his son who was about 10 years old. Before the show the guy was quite serious, trying to explain to his son about the Stones and what to expect. The said was quite reserved and serious.....but went the Stones came on and started playing "Not Fade Away" the guy lost it - all of a sudden he was 15 years old again. It was really cool to see.

Now I am 45 years old and I have an 8 year old son and I think that quite soon (if we are lucky)we may get to see the Stones in the UK again and I will take my son with me and I will be just like that dad that I sAw in Brisbane 21 years ago...

It's a thrill to introduce yer kids to the Stones. I took my two boys to see the Stones in 2005 and they loved it. They were 11 & 9 at the time!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 19, 2016 04:34

Barcelona '98. I was at one side of the b-stage - Keith side. I'll never forget when the band came to the b-stage. Having them so close was a tremendous experience. Also the Spanish crowd was fabulous.

Some reports here : [www.iorr.org]

An article about the same concert - in French but with some Spanish newspapers bits: [rockindaddy.blogs.nouvelobs.com]

[www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: rstoned ()
Date: June 19, 2016 05:39

Madison Square Garden, January 16th 2003... it was awesome... flew from Peru just to watch the show... couldn't manage to go to Argentina for Bridge or Voodoo Lounge since I had no savings at that time (still at college)... but Stones were already my top choice by then... 8 concerts so far...looking for a new one back to NYC...

Posted by: MrHappy ()
Date: June 19, 2016 05:41

Geez, I'm bowled over by how many Stones Philly shows have been mentioned here.
My first was the now defunct Philly Spectrum in July of 1972.
Me and a friend from high school decided to make a day of it and left at 10 am and spent the day partying in the park.
By the time the show started, I was dead and completely missed Stevie Wonder, but woke up in time to waltz down past the guards and moved to about 20 feet of the stage for the Stones show.
I had a hat I wore everywhere, but sacrificed it and tossed it on the stage.
A Stones stage guy rushed over to make sure it wasn't a bomb or something, but none of the Stones even came near it.
It was so incredibly hot and I turned around just in time to watch my friend pass out and tumble over several chairs.
I reluctantly gave up my prime locale to drag him back out of the heat and watched the rest of the show from about 20 rows back.
Incredible show and I was thrilled when I read it was recorded for future release.
Of course it never was officially released, although the boot is pretty good.
I'm now in my 60s, but I remember that day like it was yesterday.
I just went to see the Zip Code show in Pittsburgh and nothing has changed. The buzz was still the same.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 19, 2016 05:54

Hollywood Bowl, July, 1966. Anyone else there?

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 19, 2016 06:16

August 31, 1989 Vet Stadium. Tailgate began at noon. One of the best days of my life.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 19, 2016 18:49

Berlin Sept 1965 Waldbühne

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: June 19, 2016 19:30

MSG - Day show - 1969 - Day after Thanksgiving

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: June 19, 2016 19:33

6.6.1976 at Pavillon de Paris. 40 years ago...

Posted by: kishorcsog ()
Date: June 19, 2016 19:40

1995.08.05 Prague

Then they would play in Budapest on 08.08, and there were borders in Europe, so the Czech customs officer asked us why we would see them in Prague when they were playing in Budapest, the good old days when even the customs officer knew where they were playing smiling smiley

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: June 19, 2016 21:44

12. September 1965 Grugahalle Essen, Germany.

I was 13 years old.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: June 21, 2016 02:45

Sunday 16th July 1995 - Wembley Stadium - London

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 21, 2016 02:59

The Buffalo Aud. June 15th, 1975.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: June 21, 2016 04:49

October 19th,1994 , Rosebowl, Pasadena, Ca. I live in Perth, Australia and actually won the tickets and airfares to LA. Just happened to be in San Francisco when they played the Halloween gigs in Oakland so got to see them again there too.$60! I still have my Halloween T shirt with the fang tongue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-21 12:13 by Paulhanrahan.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 21, 2016 04:54

31 July, 1975, Greensboro, NC.15 years old at the time. I ended up down front and can be seen in photo taken for kocal rag. What a night! Mick swung straight over my head on the rooe and I got a face full of water when he tossed the buckets. My ears rang for a week and my life ling adventure began that night.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 21, 2016 04:56

Sorry for typos...stupid phone

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 21, 2016 08:27

Do any of you folks still have the t-shirts?

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: June 21, 2016 09:33

Montreal Forum, April 29, 1965. A testosterone fueled event - a hockey arena full of screaming teenagers and no adults in sight. Setlists weren't an issue back in those days as you couldn't really hear what was being played anyway.
A good time was had by all except for perhaps the adventurous ones who rushed the stage and got their heads bashed in by the security personnel...those were the days!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 21, 2016 10:13

Philly. July 1972. Won the ticket on WIBG. Ticket price, with tax, was $6.50.

Question for all you Philly fans-- anybody know why the June 17, 1976 JFK concert was so short? They only played for about 30 minutes, then abruptly left the stage. The crowd was quite pissed and people threw all kinds of trash onto the stage. It was a disappointing concert. No internet back then. I always wondered why they did such a truncated show that night.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 21, 2016 10:25

Kings Hall, Belle Vue, Manchester in '73.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-21 10:26 by Spud.

Date: June 21, 2016 12:36

JadedFaded

Question for all you Philly fans-- anybody know why the June 17, 1976 JFK concert was so short? They only played for about 30 minutes, then abruptly left the stage. The crowd was quite pissed and people threw all kinds of trash onto the stage. It was a disappointing concert. No internet back then. I always wondered why they did such a truncated show that night.

I'm assuming you mean June 17, 1978. I was there. They played the same length set as other shows on the tour. They played about 18 songs, including Satisfaction, which didn't get played every time in 1978. I was pretty far from the stage so if there was any throwing of garbage, I didn't see it. It wasn't their best performance but from where I was, the crowd was digging it and all the vibes were positive.
[www.setlist.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-21 12:55 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: June 21, 2016 18:56

Las Vegas- March 4th, 2006. 29 years old.. No idea what took me so long!

Since then I've caught shows in NJ, Boston, San Diego and Argentina

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 21, 2016 19:32

HonkeyTonkFlash
JadedFaded

I'm assuming you mean June 17, 1978. I was there. They played the same length set as other shows on the tour. They played about 18 songs, including Satisfaction, which didn't get played every time in 1978. I was pretty far from the stage so if there was any throwing of garbage, I didn't see it. It wasn't their best performance but from where I was, the crowd was digging it and all the vibes were positive.
[www.setlist.fm]

They almost canceled this show cause Mick was ill. I was there too.

Date: June 21, 2016 19:39

Stones50
HonkeyTonkFlash
JadedFaded

[www.setlist.fm]

They almost canceled this show cause Mick was ill. I was there too.

Right, but I don't know where this rumor that they only played 30 minutes started. The day after the show somebody asked me about it and said, "Yeah, I heard they sucked and they only played 30 minutes..." Well, I would go on to see better shows, but I don't think they sucked and they played at least 90 minutes, not quite two hours anyway....

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 21, 2016 21:35

This is 1982 and my first Stones-show...

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1672
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home