Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Place Pigalle studio
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: June 14, 2016 16:17

The studio doesn’t exist anymore, but any one knwo where it was located exactly? Will be visiting Paris with my son this week and we’re staying in a nearby hotel.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Re: Place Pigalle studio
Date: June 14, 2016 16:31

Sure you don't mean the Pathe Marconi Studio?

If so:

Studio Pathé Marconi EMI Records:
French recording studio Pathé-Marconi EMI was settled in Boulogne-Billancourt (near Paris), in the early 1960s by engineer Claude Wagner and was eventually dismantled at the end of the 1990s. A.k.a. Pathé-Marconi Studios, Pathé Marconi EMI Studios, Studio Pathé Marconi EMI, EMI Studios, Paris and several other versions.

It's out in the west of the city, near Parc des Princes and the Roland Garros tennis stadium (Thanks, Gazza).

Address: 62 rue de Sèvres
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt

If you were looking for a different studio, just forget this smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 16:34 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 14, 2016 16:40

Lol DP, I just came across that same post by Gazza, after realizing the correct name of the studio. Still wondering what the reason is the bootleggers named those sessions Place Pigalle. Is there a link?

Anyway, will be visiting the tennis museum at Rolland Garros so probably have a look there.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 14, 2016 16:43

Greg
Lol DP, I just came across that same post by Gazza, after realizing the correct name of the studio. Still wondering what the reason is the bootleggers named those sessions Place Pigalle. Is there a link?

Anyway, will be visiting the tennis museum at Rolland Garros so probably have a look there.

...'Place Pigalle', as far as I know, was a notorious era in the 70's in Paris for dope, hookers & (all) other misdemeanors... (although that's only 'hear-say' on my part! )

So it's probably a title mostly chosen for its 'atmospheric' character.

Enjoy your stay in Paris...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 14, 2016 16:46

Place Pigalle on wiki

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 14, 2016 16:46

RoughJusticeOnYa
Greg

...'Place Pigalle', as far as I know, was a notorious era in the 70's in Paris for dope, hookers & (all) other misdemeanors... (although that's only 'hear-say' on my part! )

So it's probably a title mostly chosen for its 'atmospheric' character.

Enjoy your stay in Paris...

You're quite right, it still is ;-)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 14, 2016 17:19

RoughJusticeOnYa

It's been longer than that... Alas nowadays it's about as dangerous as 42th St. in NYC = it's been completely cleaned/gentrified.

And Greg the "62 rue de Sèvres" addy is a must-see... if your fridge is empty as it's now a mini-market! >grinning smiley<
Yeah another legendary studio that got bulldozed but the Franprix shop is nice! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 17:20 by dcba.

Date: June 14, 2016 17:36

dcba
RoughJusticeOnYa

It's been longer than that... Alas nowadays it's about as dangerous as 42th St. in NYC = it's been completely cleaned/gentrified.

And Greg the "62 rue de Sèvres" addy is a must-see... if your fridge is empty as it's now a mini-market! >grinning smiley<
Yeah another legendary studio that got bulldozed but the Franprix shop is nice! >grinning smiley<

yep dcba, I just stepped into that shop by way of google and got myself a nice juicy orange. Pity the asian take away 'Yummy Asia" was closed.

Seriously, I don't know if I want to spend too much of our precious Paris time in those surroundings, looks a bit too much like Zeist Vollenhove.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2016 17:41

Greg
The studio doesn’t exist anymore, but any one knwo where it was located exactly? Will be visiting Paris with my son this week and we’re staying in a nearby hotel.

Place Pigalle was the name of a 4 disc set of Rolling Stones studio bootlegs.

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 14, 2016 19:06

Before that it was the title of a bootleg lp...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home