Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Andy Goddard Will Direct Film About The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 13, 2016 21:28

EXCLUSIVE: Who will play Mick Jagger and Keith Richards? Andy Goddard, one of the lead directors on the popular and critically acclaimed series Downton Abbey, has been set to direct the feature film Exile on Main Street: A Season in Hell with the Rolling Stones, based on the book by Robert Greenfield about the legendary rock group’s summer when they recorded the album on which the book is partially named. Greenfield also wrote the biography of Timothy Leary.

Brandon & Philip Murphy wrote the screenplay for Exile on Main Street. Virgin Produced, City Entertainment, KippSter Entertainment and The Gotham Group are producing the project.

The filmmakers are eying a winter start date and are looking to cast Jagger and Richards now.

[deadline.com]

Re: Andy Goddard Will Direct Film About The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 13, 2016 21:33

James and Marlon

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 13, 2016 21:41

I'm sure they'll get some laughable nobodies to play Charlie, Mick T, and Bill.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 13, 2016 21:42

James should be a natural for the part of his father

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 13, 2016 21:54

Maindefender
James and Marlon

thumbs up

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 13, 2016 22:54

This film will essentially be the Jagger/Richards show. Charlie will be shown but MT and Bill will hardly appear. Sad that we can predict these things with a certain degree of accuracy. I hope that I'm proved wrong.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 13, 2016 23:47

Rollin92
This film will essentially be the Jagger/Richards show. Charlie will be shown but MT and Bill will hardly appear. Sad that we can predict these things with a certain degree of accuracy. I hope that I'm proved wrong.

Bill hardly appeared on Nelcote so no problem with his role on the film.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 13, 2016 23:49

I wonder if it will see the light if day.
Have Stones Inc given permission?
Have the music publishers? (ABKCO and Promopub)

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 14, 2016 00:01

jlowe
I wonder if it will see the light if day.
Have Stones Inc given permission?
Have the music publishers? (ABKCO and Promopub)

Oh, I'm sure there is plenty of copyright-free "incidental music that fits the atmosphere" of the movie out there, like the stuff that is used in many cheap video prouctions (and in Stoned, if I remember correctly).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 14, 2016 00:30

Yeah when ya see James in Vinyl with that slight bitta
eye make-up ya only gotta add some long hair and ya got Mick in Performance ...Spookeeeeeee babeee Spookeeeee ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 14, 2016 02:00

I always thought that Harry Styles guy from One Direction would play a good Mick, but he apparently cut his hair recently... *props up umbrella to protect self from tomatoes thrown*

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 14, 2016 07:02

It'll be weird but I'm looking forward to this film...

will there be someone playing Gram Parsons? Bobby? a lot to portray in a film of this sort..

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 14, 2016 12:43

Georgia May can play Mick. smiling smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 14, 2016 16:30

Willem Dafoe would have been a great Jagger in former years. But he's too old by now.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 14, 2016 16:54

Lien
"EXCLUSIVE: Who will play Mick Jagger and Keith Richards?"

...Never mind that; I want to know who'll play 'fat Jacques'; the cook that (a.o.) blew up the kitchen at Nellcôte... smoking smiley

P.S.: why is it based on the book by Greenfield, and apparently not so much (since there's no mention of it) on "Stones in Exile", the band's own documentary about that era? (I mean: it seems to me you got the main narrative right there, all ready to go...!) Does that mean or indicate the fact that this film will be 'unauthorised'?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 14, 2016 18:09

I cannot imagine it will be 'authorised'.
Since Mick was in Paris most if the time will his be a supporting role?
Suggestion:
Johnny Depp and his estranged wife to play the Keith and Anita roles.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 14, 2016 20:37

How would they handle the music?
Assuming the Stones would want to block this movie, could they deny the use of their music? Can't have a movie about Exile with music from Exile, right?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 14, 2016 21:24

Really the most important question is will the film have Rolling Stones music in it!? I hate when these films are made and they cannot secure the rights for the music and then it is just crap incidental music. And please Johnny Depp stay far away from this! All he would do is play the Keith character from Pirates of the Caribbean!

Speaking of which, what ever happened to his Keith film? ? ? Did he loose it in Australia with his dog?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 21:31 by whitem8.

Date: June 14, 2016 21:37

Johnny Depp sucks nowadays and he is way to old to play Keith circa 1972.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 15, 2016 01:54

B..B..BUT hey pal .....I got more scarfs and rings than Keef ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 15, 2016 02:04

The tatted up arms craze is getting lame and stale. Just like people with 'profound' text passages tattooed on their arms and chests. It's time to turn the page and go back to temporary press-on tattoos found in packs of bubblegum.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 15, 2016 03:32

georgelicks
Rollin92

Bill hardly appeared on Nelcote so no problem with his role on the film.

Maybe a micturating Bill flashback expands his role.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 15, 2016 05:45

whitem8
Really the most important question is will the film have Rolling Stones music in it!? I hate when these films are made and they cannot secure the rights for the music and then it is just crap incidental music. And please Johnny Depp stay far away from this! All he would do is play the Keith character from Pirates of the Caribbean!

Speaking of which, what ever happened to his Keith film? ? ? Did he loose it in Australia with his dog?

maybe Depp could star in a film about Keith falling out of the coconut tree?

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: June 15, 2016 05:57

Don't have high hopes for an unauthorized, sensationalized story like this. That being said, Mick and Bianca's wedding and reception scenes at least better be as funny as they were in real life.

Oh, and who's gonna play STU?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 15, 2016 17:01

Not read Greenfield's book. Is it a first-hand account? I don't recall hearing his name mentioned as being present at Nellcote.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 15, 2016 17:48

I find it incredulous that anyone would put in the time, effort and money to make a film about this. How big of an audience would they get? I actually doubt it will really get made. If it does it will be a very cheap production that will have a very limited theatrical release. And you're right, If it doesn't include the real music it won't interest me very much.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: June 15, 2016 19:39

Father Ted
Not read Greenfield's book. Is it a first-hand account? I don't recall hearing his name mentioned as being present at Nellcote.

Yes Greenfield was there. He arrived at Nellcote on May 21st 1971 to make appointment for the Rolling Stone interview, and left same day for Cannes.
Then he returned and did the RS interview-session between May 27th and June 11th.

He was also present for the Goodbye to Britain tour and partly the 72 tour. However, Season in Hell covers the whole April-December 71 periode, a lot more than the few weeks he´s present at Nellcote, so ....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 15, 2016 21:20

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
I always thought that Harry Styles guy from One Direction would play a good Mick, but he apparently cut his hair recently... *props up umbrella to protect self from tomatoes thrown*

"One Direction star Harry Styles is reportedly set to play legendary English singer Mick Jagger in a film about the rock band The Rolling Stones’ 1972 album Exile on Main St.

The movie will chronicle the band’s 1972 double album which they recorded in France in a haze of drugs and alcohol, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Styles’s resemblance to Jagger got noticed while filming Christopher Nolan’s movie Dunkirk.

“He’s about 10 years too young but make-up and special effects can sort that out,” a source said.

[www.hindustantimes.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 15, 2016 21:26

MileHigh
The tatted up arms craze is getting lame and stale. Just like people with 'profound' text passages tattooed on their arms and chests. It's time to turn the page and go back to temporary press-on tattoos found in packs of bubblegum.

I loved those!

I'm with whitem8, the film will suck no matter who is in it if Goddard can't secure the rights to their music. As for who would play Keith and Mick, better to find some unknowns that have the right look and some acting chops then big names who are either too young or too old.

e: Andy Goddard Will Direct Film About The Rolling Stones
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 15, 2016 21:33

For those of us who have actually lived through the saga of the real Rolling Stones, there are probably no actors who will be able to satisfy our hyper-critical eyes. Speaking for myself anyways.....

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home