Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Monsters and Critics: Ronnie Wood quits smoking after FIFTY years
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 11, 2016 06:59

Bottom line is you will always feel better. And feeling better than you would have is kind of the point.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: June 11, 2016 07:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 20:34 by jambay.

Date: June 11, 2016 19:52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 20:32 by jambay.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 11, 2016 20:01

Bottom line is that when you are diagnosed with COPD you must stop smoking. Otherwise you will, most probably, die before your time (so to speak). And it will be a painful death.
Someone described the last phase of COPD as trying to breath through a straw.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 11, 2016 20:18

Jambay, too harsh! Yuk please don't wanna see. Thank you for not posting internal body parts on IORR.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: June 11, 2016 20:26

Question.... Does Jagger still smokes...?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 11, 2016 20:29

Campaigning and offending posts will be deleted.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: June 11, 2016 20:30

I stopped smoking after 2 1/2 years of smoking at age 20. I went to a hypnotist who was an MD that had quit after he was had the same treatment,

He said the body heals and recovers after one year, My lungs would be back to pre-smoking condition within a year he informed me. I took up running and never looked back.

Running is soothing and relaxing and you and your home do not smell like a garbage can or dank bar room. Good luck to Ronnie.

Date: June 11, 2016 20:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 20:31 by jambay.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2016 23:22

Mel Belli
HMS
That´s stupid. The poison is in his body and will never leave completely and (maybe) will do its cruel work. The body of a smoker fights the poison as good as it can, after the smoker stops smoking the body stops fighting the poison. So the poison that´s still there is free to spread all over the body and finally takes over. There are so many people dying of cancer many years after they stopped smoking. Either it harms your body or it doesnt. If it does, stopping after many years of heavy smoking is useless. Call it fate.

That is 100% false and not at all supported by medical literature:
[www.nia.nih.gov]

Where in god's name did you come up with that theory? Curse the Internet and everything about this age of do-it-yourself science. ...

He thinks DIRTY WORK is genius. Of course he doesn't know shitall about what he talks about.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 11, 2016 23:44

GasLightStreet
Mel Belli
HMS
That´s stupid. The poison is in his body and will never leave completely and (maybe) will do its cruel work. The body of a smoker fights the poison as good as it can, after the smoker stops smoking the body stops fighting the poison. So the poison that´s still there is free to spread all over the body and finally takes over. There are so many people dying of cancer many years after they stopped smoking. Either it harms your body or it doesnt. If it does, stopping after many years of heavy smoking is useless. Call it fate.

[www.nia.nih.gov]

Where in god's name did you come up with that theory? Curse the Internet and everything about this age of do-it-yourself science. ...

He thinks DIRTY WORK is genius. Of course he doesn't know shitall about what he talks about.
Would you two just @#$%& already and be done with it?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 11, 2016 23:45

DiamondDog7
Question.... Does Jagger still smokes...?
Seriously??

He quit smoking decades ago. In case you haven't noticed, he's a bit of a health freak.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 12, 2016 01:37

According to the link below (which also contains a graph showing the impact of giving up smoking at different ages), "smoking increases the speed at which you lose lung function. If you stop smoking, the rate at which your lungs get worse can improve. Your lung function will be better if you give up, even after the age of 65."

So yeah - go for it, Ronnie, and best of British to you!

[www.blf.org.uk]

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 12, 2016 11:16

I saw a video of Ron Wood talking (a recent video) and I noticed when he was talking that he was out of breath.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 12, 2016 12:20

Ron's a quitter!

French writer Michel Houellebecq smokes up to four packs a day and his latest checkup is good. So good the man decided to exhibit the pix (x-rays scanner caps) from the exam in a Swiss art fair.

I wonder what pix of Keef's body would look like. Art collector : "Darling look at this picture of two coal dumps!"
Keef : "nah baby that's a MRI of my lungs..."

Date: June 13, 2016 02:43

Hansman
ComeOn
The Marlboro Man died years ago of lungcancer ! sad smiley

A few of the Marlboro men of the 60s and 70s died of lungcancer.

Surely not in any correlation to Marloboro...!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 13, 2016 16:39

Congrats Ronnie.
surely Sally and the twins will be thankful for that decision.

I've been a heavy smoker for ages and started vaping in 2012.
haven't had a single cigarette ever since. it's good for me.

Now, If you have an hour to spare, watch this well researched, intelligent piece of medical journalism by BBC's Dr.Mosley
Horizon: E-Cigarettes - Miracle or Menace? BBC2 22/05/16

[www.youtube.com]

or read this:
[www.mirror.co.uk]

I'm lookin' at you, HMS tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 13, 2016 20:59

Good for him for quitting for his babies and his wife, as well as himself. Good luck to him.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2016 02:02

Are switching to E-cigarettes the healthy choice?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 02:04 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 14, 2016 02:15

treaclefingers

If they have nicotine in them, no. Been on my son's case about staying away from vaping, it's big thing with teens now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 02:17 by latebloomer.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2016 02:29

latebloomer
treaclefingers

If they have nicotine in them, no. Been on my son's case about staying away from vaping, it's big thing with teens now.

I know it doesn't seem like me, but I was actually being sarcastic. I suppose if it doesn't have the tar it may be marginally better, but then you also stand the chance of having them blow up in your mouth like I've read recently.

I think the saner choice is to just drink alcohol instead.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 14, 2016 12:12

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers

I know it doesn't seem like me, but I was actually being sarcastic. I suppose if it doesn't have the tar it may be marginally better, but then you also stand the chance of having them blow up in your mouth like I've read recently.

I think the saner choice is to just drink alcohol instead.

I've been off tobacco for over two years with the vape

I know we are the Guinea pigs for these things but if they are what they say they are I truly believe they are a fantastic invention that will save millions of lives.
And I seriously doubt Ronnie has bought a cheap one off the market for £2.99 that's gonna blow up in his face

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 14, 2016 13:32

I read recently that doctors are urging the UK national health insurance to fund e-cigarettes
(not for Ronnie! but regarding the health issues.)

If they have nicotine in them they're still maintaining the addiction, but since they don't have tar
they are (unless something unexpected results in the long term) way healthier than smoking tobacco
and are also seen as the best stop-smoking aid available.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 14, 2016 14:02

Lung cancer and heart diseases, the main killers caused by cigarettes, have nothing to do with nicotine. These diseases are caused by the thousands of chemicals in cigarette smoke (nobody knows exactly which chemicals are responsible for what proportion of diseases).

So yes, e-cigarettes are definitely a healthy choice for long-term smokers. A very healthy choice actually. Well done, Ronnie (even if it shows a "complete lack of commitment" [a statement attributed to Keith]).

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 14, 2016 14:03

E-cigs have the nicotine, which is addictive but harmless in terms of causing cancer, etc. It's the tar and other carcinogens that make real cigs so much worse for you. Good for Ronnie for making a healthier choice.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2016 17:02

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
Mel Belli
HMS

[www.nia.nih.gov]

Would you two just @#$%& already and be done with it?

What's wrong with pointing out the obvious?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home