Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Bill Wyman 80th Birthday Gala @ O2 London
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: October 30, 2016 13:02

Rollin92

I think a lot of people, you could hear folks chatting afterwards, felt that there wasn't a good reason why they didn't show up.

If they had gone those same people would criticize them for trying to steal the spotlight. It's no secret the guys are not particularly close to Bill socially.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 13:11

StonedInTokyo
Rollin92

I think a lot of people, you could hear folks chatting afterwards, felt that there wasn't a good reason why they didn't show up.

If they had gone those same people would criticize them for trying to steal the spotlight. It's no secret the guys are not particularly close to Bill socially.

They're closer socially than we think, I know that for a fact but I do think it was the right call not to attend. It would have stolen the spotlight and for once it was fantastic that the spotlight was on Bill.

Date: October 30, 2016 13:18

Rollin92
StonedInTokyo
Rollin92

They're closer socially than we think, I know that for a fact but I do think it was the right call not to attend. It would have stolen the spotlight and for once it was fantastic that the spotlight was on Bill.

I absolutely agree, and they did send the video message.

Re: Why is it not a news item??????????????Bill gig!
Date: October 30, 2016 13:25

mtaylor
ouroux58
stargroover
Just wondering why the Bill gig is not featured as an official news item?The last item was the Boston gig.

Because BV is only interested by current members of the Rolling Stones. If tomorrow, Charlie will quit the band, he'll forget him too and at that time you could tell what you want on him, he won't care if you're not a band memberb but not now, too early.
If the Stones stops after tomorrow (not all events on the same day), you couldn't tell anymore because he'll close the website. I enjoyed for all these years here but I think my last sentence was a suicide confused smiley

BV should remember that BW together with CW was the backbone/ spine of Rolling Stones from 1962/1992. After that, not music has been produced as a such, just concerts based on the same old 20 warhorses.

You should remember you are a guest here. If you don't enjoy the way it's run feel free to start your own site.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 14:02

StonedInTokyo
mtaylor
ouroux58
stargroover
Just wondering why the Bill gig is not featured as an official news item?The last item was the Boston gig.

Because BV is only interested by current members of the Rolling Stones. If tomorrow, Charlie will quit the band, he'll forget him too and at that time you could tell what you want on him, he won't care if you're not a band memberb but not now, too early.
If the Stones stops after tomorrow (not all events on the same day), you couldn't tell anymore because he'll close the website. I enjoyed for all these years here but I think my last sentence was a suicide confused smiley

BV should remember that BW together with CW was the backbone/ spine of Rolling Stones from 1962/1992. After that, not music has been produced as a such, just concerts based on the same old 20 warhorses.

You should remember you are a guest here. If you don't enjoy the way it's run feel free to start your own site.

You should remember we are guests on earth. Guest but in my country I can express my opinion. If I understand you well, we have to agree with the moderator all the time.
I know it is the BV's website but this section is a forum and a forum is the place where people can't talk with different opinions. If not, it is a dictature. BV gives us his opinion and sometimes I am OK with him and sometimes not. That said, BV done a good work with his website.

Date: October 30, 2016 14:12

ouroux58
StonedInTokyo
mtaylor
ouroux58
stargroover

You should remember we are guests on earth. Guest but in my country I can express my opinion. If I understand you well, we have to agree with the moderator all the time.
I know it is the BV's website but this section is a forum and a forum is the place where people can't talk with different opinions. If not, it is a dictature. BV gives us his opinion and sometimes I am OK with him and sometimes not. That said, BV done a good work with his website.

I just think it's a rude dick move on your part and others to not only criticize bv here but to patronize him with this nonsense that he's not up to speed on Stones history.

YOU should remember we are guests on earth, particularly when posting to an 80th birthday celebration thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-30 14:14 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 30, 2016 14:59

StonedInTokyo
Rollin92

Actually Bill and Charlie are both close and not just because they both live in Chelsea (London). Their friendship has survived all the dramas and soap opera lifestyles.

Date: October 30, 2016 15:59

jlowe

Actually Bill and Charlie are both close and not just because they both live in Chelsea (London). Their friendship has survived all the dramas and soap opera lifestyles.

...so they'll probably do something privately. I just think it's unrealistic to expect everyone in the band to drop everything to be there for Bill's birthday concert.

Re: Bill Wyman 80th Birthday Gala in London
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 30, 2016 16:28

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2016 16:53

Talk Is Cheap

Bjornulf

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 30, 2016 16:59

Bill gets a lifetime achievement award from Little Steven , and together with Bob Geldof they play Little Red Rooster ;

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-30 16:59 by Lien.

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 18:41

Thanks for all your work on this website BV it's much appreciated smiling smiley Just ignore any negative comments these people have nothing better to do in their lives!

John Nicholls

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: October 30, 2016 20:33

All fantastic, thank you bill!
Video message from the Stones:
[www.youtube.com]
And tribute from venue:
[www.youtube.com]

Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-31 11:18 by Sici.

Date: October 30, 2016 22:04

Stonesfan62
Thanks for all your work on this website BV it's much appreciated smiling smiley Just ignore any negative comments these people have nothing better to do in their lives!

John Nicholls

All wrong, this the reason why I have many good things to do that I stopped to see them live since 2007. It was loosing my time and money seeing the circus.
The fact to tell "just ignore any negative comments" means that all must be positive comments.
But perhaps you are like that in your live, always ok with the boss. smoking smiley

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 30, 2016 22:09

Reading some of these cringe comments reminds me of getting of work late and dropping by that local bar for a quick drink before closing time and hearing the drunk conversations as people spout their stupid drunken drivel... "You should remember we are guests on earth" ... "1992. After that, not music has been produced" ... talk is never as cheap as that ... and it is why I stopped dropping by that bar too late.

I am very grateful that Bjornulf has spent his time over the years to provide this service (a very clean, easy to use, fast running, ad-free place) to learn about The Rolling Stones.

I am glad he simply brushes off the seemingly drunk BS talk as the cheap talk it is... versus easily hitting the close/delete/doneNdusted/web site gone/END OF LINE button and never be insulted in his own house again.

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 22:53

ouroux58
stargroover

To say BV is only interested in current members is ridiculous! Why are you having a dig at BV? You're obviously trying to get a reaction which you have achieved. Well done

Date: October 30, 2016 23:59

Stonesfan62
ouroux58
stargroover

To say BV is only interested in current members is ridiculous! Why are you having a dig at BV? You're obviously trying to get a reaction which you have achieved. Well done

Je n'essaye rien du tout, c'est juste que si on a quelque de chose de negatif à emettre sur les stones, alors on ne doit pas le dire. Si ta sœur a acheté un tableau que tu trouves moche, tu vas dire qu'il est magnifique parce que tu te trouves chez elle. Ben mon vieux, t'es pas sorti.
Y a des types sur ce site qui vont te dire que le plus mauvais album Stones est meilleur que les perles enregistrées par n'importe qui d'autre. Démerdes toi avec un traducteur.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 31, 2016 00:05

ouroux58
Stonesfan62
ouroux58
stargroover

Je n'essaye rien du tout, c'est juste que si on a quelque de chose de negatif à emettre sur les stones, alors on ne doit pas le dire. Si ta sœur a acheté un tableau que tu trouves moche, tu vas dire qu'il est magnifique parce que tu te trouves chez elle. Ben mon vieux, t'es pas sorti.
Y a des types sur ce site qui vont te dire que le plus mauvais album Stones est meilleur que les perles enregistrées par n'importe qui d'autre. Démerdes toi avec un traducteur.

I don't need a traducteur, but I would say that about my sister's tableau, yes, because it's just being thoughtful. That's the only point here--being thoughtful and not insulting your host. Apart from that it seems to me you can say what you like. However moche it might be. smiling smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 31, 2016 00:10

Happy Birthday Bill...80 and holdingsmileys with beer

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 31, 2016 00:13

Some great bass tones from Bill!

Little Red Rooster (From 4:10 in)
[www.youtube.com]

Si Si Je Suis Un Rockstar (Bill's wife Suzanne comes on stage to dance, obviously enjoying herself)
[www.youtube.com]

6346789 (Mick Hucknall)
[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 31, 2016 00:25

Aquamarine
ouroux58
Stonesfan62
ouroux58
stargroover

I don't need a traducteur, but I would say that about my sister's tableau, yes, because it's just being thoughtful. That's the only point here--being thoughtful and not insulting your host. Apart from that it seems to me you can say what you like. However moche it might be. smiling smiley

Thanks for these very instructive échanges. Good night, sleep tight comme disait l'autre! smoking smiley

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: October 31, 2016 05:29

Rollin92
Set list;

Ruby Tuesday (Joe Brown)
Tulsa Time (Jcool smiley
Summertime Blues (Jcool smiley
Donnegan's Gone (JB & Mark Knopfler)
Song for Sonny Liston (Mark Knopfler)
Playtime Deluxe (MK)
Mule skinner Blues (MK & Van Morrison)
I Believe to My Soul (VM)
Mean Old World (VM)
Harlem Shuffle (Andy Fair Weather Low)
I shall Not Be Moved (AFWL)
You Never Can Tell (Bill)

*Interval*

Martin Taylor x2 Jazz Guitar Pieces
Beast of Burden (Hollie Stephenson)
Time Is On My Side (HS)
Little Red Rooster (Bob G & Steven Van Zandt)
Route 66 (BG & SVZ)
Je Suis Un Rockstar (Bill)
King Bee (Mick Hucknall)
Reconsider Baby (MH)
6345789 (MH)
Mans World (Bev Skeete)
Tell You A Secret (Mike Sanchez)
Let The Good Times Roll (MS & Imelda May)
I'm Crying (IM)
I Feel So Bad (Robert Plant)
Let That Boogie Woogie Roll (RP)
I Need Your Lovin' Every Day (RP &IM)
Encore; I Need Your Lovin' Eveyday (Everyone)

Lovely! Thanks a lot!

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: October 31, 2016 05:34

Stonesfan62

John Nicholls

Can we talk more about Bill in this thread?! Please! You can start a new thread if it's not about Bill, Stonesfan62. Please!

Also, let's not discuss the role of Mick Taylor here.

It really sounds like Bill's birthday party was a really-really special event. Let's not spoil the mood by posting about something that doesn't belong here. Please!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 31, 2016 05:41

Rollin92
Some great bass tones from Bill!

Si Si Je Suis Un Rockstar (Bill's wife Suzanne comes on stage to dance, obviously enjoying herself)
[www.youtube.com]

You're not human if you don't enjoy that a lot! (And that's allowing for the slightly off key singing!)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 31, 2016 05:46

No wonder he's happy at home. She had so much joy in her movements and was really going for it. Awww she loves him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-31 05:49 by hopkins.

Date: October 31, 2016 10:43

ouroux58

He just went full HOUSE FLY with that post. Where's the swatter?

Date: October 31, 2016 10:50

ouroux58
Stonesfan62

John Nicholls

All wrong, this the reason why I have many good things to do that I stopped to see them live since 2007. It was loosing my time and money seeing the circus.
The fact to tell "just ignore any negative comments" means that all must be positive comments.
But perhaps you are like that in your live, always ok with the boss. smoking smiley

You should be able to handle people being critical of your comments as well, no?

Like you said yourself, it's a forum where people speak their mind..

The fact that people disagree with you has nothing to do with dictatorship - they just disagree...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-31 10:50 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 31, 2016 11:08

I KNOW there's no shortage of CCR fans on this board, check this out !!

[www.youtube.com]

WOW !! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 31, 2016 11:18

DandelionPowderman
ouroux58
Stonesfan62

John Nicholls

You should be able to handle people being critical of your comments as well, no?

The fact that people disagree with you has nothing to do with dictatorship - they just disagree...

Well, at start, I just said that we can't give negative opinions about Rolling Stones, that's all, I don't disagree people, I give only my opinion and after that, some people cry about those who are complaining.,If you are not OK with me, it was not the target, no problemo. When I read that some guys are always saying that on the last shows, they were better than ever, ouaf Happily they didn't seen them in 1973, they should had a heart attack. But I am certainly wrong, before 1990, the Stones weren't here. smoking smiley

Date: October 31, 2016 11:22

ouroux58
DandelionPowderman
ouroux58
Stonesfan62

John Nicholls

Well, at start, I just said that we can't give negative opinions about Rolling Stones, that's all, I don't disagree people, I give only my opinion and after that, some people cry about those who are complaining.,If you are not OK with me, it was not the target, no problemo. When I read that some guys are always saying that on the last shows, they were better than ever, ouaf Happily they didn't seen them in 1973, they should had a heart attack. But I am certainly wrong, before 1990, the Stones weren't here. smoking smiley

Respect their opinions, and I'm sure they'll respect yours. There are people who like the latter-day Stones the most, just like many think they sucked after 1972.

Heck, many think they haven't really been good since Brian was there smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home