Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Bill Wyman 80th Birthday Gala @ O2 London
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 29, 2016 07:11

Thanks for these great pics!! I'm never going to forget Bill's warm smile here.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 29, 2016 07:24

bye bye johnny

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 29, 2016 08:01

hopkins
bye bye johnny

Very good to see Terry Taylor (right) in the photo. He's been Bill's main side-man for a very long time.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 29, 2016 09:11

CaptainCorella
hopkins
bye bye johnny

Very good to see Terry Taylor (right) in the photo. He's been Bill's main side-man for a very long time.

Bill is to the right?

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 09:26

If Bill wanted the Stones to turn up he should have coughed up £5 Million that seems to be the going rate these days.

John Nicholls

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 29, 2016 09:42

DandelionPowderman
CaptainCorella

Bill is to the right?

Left to Right.

Mick Hucknell, Robert Plant, Bob Geldof,Bill, Joe Brown, Terry Taylor.

Edit: My bad. Plant not Page.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-29 10:16 by CaptainCorella.

Date: October 29, 2016 09:45

CaptainCorella
DandelionPowderman
CaptainCorella

Bill is to the right?

Left to Right.

Mick Hucknell, Jimmy Page, Bob Geldof,Bill, Joe Brown, Terry Taylor.

Obviously a different pic than you quoted smiling smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 29, 2016 09:52

Thanks for the pictures and posts. Glad Bill had a good night with good
friends.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 29, 2016 09:56

Thanks for the pics, looks like a fun night, Andy Fairweather-Low was there too apparently.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 29, 2016 10:38

Someone yesterday posted on here that Ronnie was going to be there,did he not attend ?

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 29, 2016 10:48

Gonna guess not or someone would have said by now.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 10:49

Mick Hucknall mentioned on his Twitter that Ronnie will be there. He was obviously mistaken.

From my perspective certainly, others may feel different, it was a great concert and the Stones were not missed.

I'd say a 1/4 or so of the bass work was done by Dave Bronze whilst Bill sat out. From where I was sitting you could see him in the wings enjoying the music with his family.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 29, 2016 11:27

Wonderful concert, great songs and great sound. Thanks Bill for pulling together this mix of musicians.

Robert Plant, Van Morrison, Imelda May, Steve Van Zandt, Bob Geldof, Mick Hucknall etc. etc. - what more can you ask for!!

And of course a great song selection, not the usual warhorses that you have heard 1.000 times. That is, what makes a concert a joy.

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 11:29

It's a funny day when the lead singers of INXS, Led Zeppelin, and Boomtown Rats all look the same age as Bill Wyman, or is Bill Wyman looking even younger?

Perhaps Bill Wyman found the stairway to heaven because he doesn't like Mondays, and for that reason he don't change.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 29, 2016 11:37

stone66
It's a funny day when the lead singers of INXS, Led Zeppelin, and Boomtown Rats all look the same age as Bill Wyman, or is Bill Wyman looking even younger?

Perhaps Bill Wyman found the stairway to heaven because he doesn't like Mondays, and for that reason he don't change.

But the lead singer of INXS is dead.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 29, 2016 12:50

Lovely gig. Everybody on stage enjoyed it. Mark Knopfler was fabulous.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 29, 2016 13:02

Fabulous gig, wonderfully diverse range of artists and songs, and if there's one thing that will stick with me for EVER, it was Bill Wyman's bass playing on Harlem Shuffle !! WHAT a sound !!

And how nice was it to hear him do 'Si Si Je Suis un Rockstar' !! Whoever could have imagined we'd ever hear that live ?

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 29, 2016 14:38

little red rooster

[www.periscope.tv]?

Posted by: TE ()
Date: October 29, 2016 15:50

Thanks Lien!!!

TE
Oslo

Date: October 29, 2016 15:57

paulywaul
Fabulous gig, wonderfully diverse range of artists and songs, and if there's one thing that will stick with me for EVER, it was Bill Wyman's bass playing on Harlem Shuffle !! WHAT a sound !!

And how nice was it to hear him do 'Si Si Je Suis un Rockstar' !! Whoever could have imagined we'd ever hear that live ?

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Not forgetting the bass on Beast of Burden last night either, hell of a tone!

One amusing bit during the interval was a montage of photos including the infamous photoshopped rarities cover. Where Bill was meant to be was circled red and said "Bill Wyman?".

For me certainly the Stones weren't missed. Bill was very grateful to all those who performed and made the point several times how thankful he was to those who turned out to perform.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 29, 2016 16:11

Anyone know the full setlist?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 29, 2016 16:13

That was a great gig with a fab setlist and such a wonderful variety of performers who did Bill proud. The photo montages were also a treat. Bill was obviously loving it all and seemed quite overwhelmed by the turnout in his honour. It's hard to believe looking back over the years that he's 80 years old! Charlie next...

Posted by: Ronnierocks ()
Date: October 29, 2016 16:49

www.raysgigs.com....my version of Bill Wyman 80th birthday gala night.

Friday 28 Oct 2016.
BILL WYMAN 80th Birthday Gala celebration live at Indigo @ The 02 Arena complex,London.
Bill's Rhythm Kings with guest vocalists confirmed in advance as Robert Plant ,Bob Geldof ,Mark Knopfler,
Mick Hucknall and Imelda May...along with surprise guests.
This gig sold out a month ago even though it was steep ticket prices from £65 to £250.
Lots of great gigs on in London tonight including a big clash between two major gigs.
This gig and Brian Wilson at The Royal Albert Hall.
Brian Wilson back in London only a few months after i saw him play a great show at The Palladium.
I have seen Brian Wilson over 20 times over the past decade since he returned to playing live shows again.
As Bill Wyman's show was a special one off event it got my attendance tonight.
I have a great stalls seat a dozen rows from the stage.
Steven Van Zandt takes his seat near us to watch the first half from there.
At 8pm we have some clips of Bill on the big screen and old blues rock n roll tunes over the pa.
At 8.15pm Bill Wyman takes to the stage and says a few clearly emotional words.
FIRST SET was 65 mins from 8.18pm to 9.23pm
Bill Wyman did not play bass until near the end of the first set.
A few Stones tracks played but lots of old and blues n soul n rock n roll covers.
A nice touch was the original 7 inch single sleeve from each track came up on the big screen.
Joe Brown sung the first three songs 'Ruby Tuesday' ,'Tulsa Time' and 'Summertime Blues'
which was dedicated to 'bald teddy boys'.
Mark Knopfler performed three songs including some nifty guitar playing.
Van Morrison was on top form for three songs including Ray Charles 'I Believe To My Soul'.
Bill Wyman on stage for 'Harlem Shuffle' and 'I Shall Not Be Moved'.
Bill on vocals for Chuck Berry 'You Never Can Tell'.
At the end of the first half Bill shakes hands and signs stuff for a few mins from the stage.
INTERVAL featured great tv clips of Bill over the years including with Rik Mayall and Kenny Everett.
SECOND SET was 90 mins from 9.55pm to 11.25pm
Opening segment was Rhythm Kings guitarist Martin Taylor playing some great melodic jazz guitar instrumtals.
Bill was on stage for most of the second set and watched the rest from side of stage.
Youngster Hollie Stephenson sung 'Beast of Burden' and 'Time is on My Side'.
Bob Geldof and Steven Van Zandt gave glowing tributes to Bill and gave him an award from BluesFest.
Bob sung 'Little Red Rooster' and 'Route 66' backed by Bill and Steven.
Bill Wyman sung his hit solo single 'Jeff Suis un Rock Star' (said it was FIRST ever time he has sung it live).
Mick Hucknall sung three tracks with Bill on bass - 'I'm A King Bee' , 'Reconsider Baby' and ' 634-5789 '.
Beverley Skeete from The Rhythm Kings sung ' It's a Man's World '.
Mike Sanchez sang 'Moving On Down The Line'.
Imelda May sang ' Let The Good Times Roll' and 'I'm Crying' (the Animals' song).
Led Zep legend Robert Plant sang three tracks 'I Feel So Bad','Let The Boogie Woogie Roll'
and ' I Need Your Loving ' with Imelda May.
At the end of the crowd most of musicians except Van Morrison and Mark Knopfler came on stage
to sing 'Happy Birthday ' to Bill and Bob Geldof suggested three cheers for Bill and everyone joined in.
A fantastic evening.
No members if The Rolling Stones here but they sent a video message.
They were playing in America just a couple of days ago so tight to get back in time I suppose.
It was all filmed so hopefully will eventually come out somewhere.
-------------------------
11.30pm to 1am was the after-party in the venues balcony bar for around 150 folks.
A bit of a surprise in that it was a pay bar.
Most of the musicians turn up but I did not see Van Morrison,Mark Knopfler or Steven Van Zandt.
Bill was here was here with his family - still feeling a bit emotional about how well it all went.
I got a nice photo with him and he chuckled when I said 'same again for your 90th'.
I had a nice chat with Mick Hucknall about his stint singing with The Faces a few years ago.
Others here included Robert Plant,Bob Geldof,Imelda May,Joe Brown,Hollie Stephenson and
members of The Rhythm Kings.
Also promoter Harvey Goldsmith, Mike Batt and Bob Geldof said there were a couple of Boomtown Rats here.
--------------------------
A late finish so my first experience of the weekend NIGHT TUBE from North Greenwich back to West London.
It went pretty well and loads of people on all the trains...many worse for wear and asleep.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:02

TooTough
stone66

But the lead singer of INXS is dead.

Yeah, but he sounded great yesterday.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:03

Ronnierocks
www.raysgigs.com....my version of Bill Wyman 80th birthday gala night.

Friday 28 Oct 2016.
BILL WYMAN 80th Birthday Gala celebration live at Indigo @ The 02 Arena complex,London.
Bill's Rhythm Kings with guest vocalists confirmed in advance as Robert Plant ,Bob Geldof ,Mark Knopfler,
Mick Hucknall and Imelda May...along with surprise guests.
This gig sold out a month ago even though it was steep ticket prices from £65 to £250.
Lots of great gigs on in London tonight including a big clash between two major gigs.
This gig and Brian Wilson at The Royal Albert Hall.
Brian Wilson back in London only a few months after i saw him play a great show at The Palladium.
I have seen Brian Wilson over 20 times over the past decade since he returned to playing live shows again.
As Bill Wyman's show was a special one off event it got my attendance tonight.
I have a great stalls seat a dozen rows from the stage.
Steven Van Zandt takes his seat near us to watch the first half from there.
At 8pm we have some clips of Bill on the big screen and old blues rock n roll tunes over the pa.
At 8.15pm Bill Wyman takes to the stage and says a few clearly emotional words.
FIRST SET was 65 mins from 8.18pm to 9.23pm
Bill Wyman did not play bass until near the end of the first set.
A few Stones tracks played but lots of old and blues n soul n rock n roll covers.
A nice touch was the original 7 inch single sleeve from each track came up on the big screen.
Joe Brown sung the first three songs 'Ruby Tuesday' ,'Tulsa Time' and 'Summertime Blues'
which was dedicated to 'bald teddy boys'.
Mark Knopfler performed three songs including some nifty guitar playing.
Van Morrison was on top form for three songs including Ray Charles 'I Believe To My Soul'.
Bill Wyman on stage for 'Harlem Shuffle' and 'I Shall Not Be Moved'.
Bill on vocals for Chuck Berry 'You Never Can Tell'.
At the end of the first half Bill shakes hands and signs stuff for a few mins from the stage.
INTERVAL featured great tv clips of Bill over the years including with Rik Mayall and Kenny Everett.
SECOND SET was 90 mins from 9.55pm to 11.25pm
Opening segment was Rhythm Kings guitarist Martin Taylor playing some great melodic jazz guitar instrumtals.
Bill was on stage for most of the second set and watched the rest from side of stage.
Youngster Hollie Stephenson sung 'Beast of Burden' and 'Time is on My Side'.
Bob Geldof and Steven Van Zandt gave glowing tributes to Bill and gave him an award from BluesFest.
Bob sung 'Little Red Rooster' and 'Route 66' backed by Bill and Steven.
Bill Wyman sung his hit solo single 'Jeff Suis un Rock Star' (said it was FIRST ever time he has sung it live).
Mick Hucknall sung three tracks with Bill on bass - 'I'm A King Bee' , 'Reconsider Baby' and ' 634-5789 '.
Beverley Skeete from The Rhythm Kings sung ' It's a Man's World '.
Mike Sanchez sang 'Moving On Down The Line'.
Imelda May sang ' Let The Good Times Roll' and 'I'm Crying' (the Animals' song).
Led Zep legend Robert Plant sang three tracks 'I Feel So Bad','Let The Boogie Woogie Roll'
and ' I Need Your Loving ' with Imelda May.
At the end of the crowd most of musicians except Van Morrison and Mark Knopfler came on stage
to sing 'Happy Birthday ' to Bill and Bob Geldof suggested three cheers for Bill and everyone joined in.
A fantastic evening.
No members if The Rolling Stones here but they sent a video message.
They were playing in America just a couple of days ago so tight to get back in time I suppose.
It was all filmed so hopefully will eventually come out somewhere.
-------------------------
11.30pm to 1am was the after-party in the venues balcony bar for around 150 folks.
A bit of a surprise in that it was a pay bar.
Most of the musicians turn up but I did not see Van Morrison,Mark Knopfler or Steven Van Zandt.
Bill was here was here with his family - still feeling a bit emotional about how well it all went.
I got a nice photo with him and he chuckled when I said 'same again for your 90th'.
I had a nice chat with Mick Hucknall about his stint singing with The Faces a few years ago.
Others here included Robert Plant,Bob Geldof,Imelda May,Joe Brown,Hollie Stephenson and
members of The Rhythm Kings.
Also promoter Harvey Goldsmith, Mike Batt and Bob Geldof said there were a couple of Boomtown Rats here.
--------------------------
A late finish so my first experience of the weekend NIGHT TUBE from North Greenwich back to West London.
It went pretty well and loads of people on all the trains...many worse for wear and asleep.

Great summary of the gig. I got there just in time for the start. It flowed right from the opening chord. You could tell that they had rehearsed well and Bill was a happy guy to have so many great musician friends around him.
Bill seemed especially happy with Ronnie's artwork!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:07

Wow, what a gig!Still not landed from this one.So much talent and love in the Indigo last night.It was a brilliant celebration for Bill.Just glad I made it.For me it's the best gig I have attended this year....and that includes several Stones shows.
Just hope and pray we get a cd and dvd of this event.Amazing!

Date: October 29, 2016 17:07

Rollin92
One amusing bit during the interval was a montage of photos including the
infamous photoshopped rarities cover. Where Bill was meant to be was
circled red and said "Bill Wyman?".

This one?

I got it from the internet a few days ago, because I was looking for the original
to replace my Rarities CD cover with Bill.

Meanwhile I repaired it:

Bill, where he belongs!

Great you all had a fantastic party yesterday!

Date: October 29, 2016 17:12

TooTough
Rollin92
One amusing bit during the interval was a montage of photos including the
infamous photoshopped rarities cover. Where Bill was meant to be was
circled red and said "Bill Wyman?".

This one?

I got it from the internet a few days ago, because I was looking for the original
to replace my Rarities CD cover with Bill.

Meanwhile I repaired it:

Bill, where he belongs!

Great you all had a fantastic party yesterday!

Yes that's the one smileys with beer

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:16

I don't think the Stones were missed either.Infact I thought it was a lukewarm reaction from the crowd after their video message.And Bill's bass playing was amazing...really miss that distinctive sound.The Stones have never sounded quite right with Mr Jones.

Date: October 29, 2016 17:21

stargroover
Infact I thought it was a lukewarm reaction from the crowd
after their video message.

What was it like? All 4? What did they say??

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home