Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 63 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 7, 2017 10:33

Cristiano Radtke
Irix
georgelicks

O2 Arena and Lanxess Arena in November?

This would be Cologne then in Germany .... smiling smiley

There's a lot of free dates for Lanxess Arena on that month, especially between November 5-11 and 12-18, for example.

[www.lanxess-arena.de]

Why should they play just a few dozens km from the venues in Düsseldorf and Landgraaf they just visited 3 years ago?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-07 12:00 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 7, 2017 12:40

They like to play new venneus they did not play last time. I hope they come to the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, another new venneu for the Stones

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 7, 2017 16:01

spunky
They like to play new venneus they did not play last time. I hope they come to the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, another new venneu for the Stones

Yeah Spunkysmileys with beer
I also hope they will play the Ziggodome (maybe 2 nights????confused smiley)
jeroen

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 7, 2017 18:26

corriecas
jeroen

I had never understood why you made so much fuss about Ziggo dome... until I was there 2 years ago... the best arena-sized venue I have ever been to. By far. If the Stones play there, I would definitely be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-07 18:27 by Happy24.

Date: April 7, 2017 18:51

Happy24
corriecas
jeroen

I had never understood why you made so much fuss about Ziggo dome... until I was there 2 years ago... the best arena-sized venue I have ever been to. By far. If the Stones play there, I would definitely be there.

If they play Amsterdam then the horrible ArenA again of course. Why play for 17.000 if you have a stadium for 53.000 nearby - with closeable roof. Why play twice for 34.000? They had to stay a week in town, that costs 100.000s dollars. It will probably be a stadium tour, nothing like 2003 or No Security.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-07 20:28 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 7, 2017 19:06

Artist who play the Lanxess Arena in Cologne also play the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam like Deep Purple and Bruno Mars. It's about the same size as the Lanxess Arena and the 02 arena in London. U2 did also play the Ziggo Dome last year.

Date: April 7, 2017 19:43

spunky
Artist who play the Lanxess Arena in Cologne also play the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam like Deep Purple and Bruno Mars. It's about the same size as the Lanxess Arena and the 02 arena in London. U2 did also play the Ziggo Dome last year.

Yes, U2 also played Lanxess Arena twice. But that was an arena tour! There is no single rumour that the Stones plan an arena tour. That's just wishfull thinking.
If they play Europe this year then from late August or September until mid October to November, STADIUMS ONLY except maybe in London where you can sell arena tickets for 600 Euro. At least that is what it looks like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-07 20:08 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 7, 2017 21:10

Monsoon Ragoon
If they play Amsterdam then the horrible ArenA again of course. Why play for 17.000 if you have a stadium for 53.000 nearby - with closeable roof. Why play twice for 34.000? They had to stay a week in town, that costs 100.000s dollars. It will probably be a stadium tour, nothing like 2003 or No Security.

I have heard they improved the accoustics in the ArenA in the recent years, I looked at YouTube and they indeed have some accoustic elements under the roof for concerts. I will see U2 there this year, so I hope I will also hear them :-) Anyway, Amsterdam is a great city and I have never seen The Stones there, so I would really love to. Even in the ArenA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-08 07:52 by Happy24.

Date: April 8, 2017 01:21

Happy24
Monsoon Ragoon

I have heard they improved the accoustics in the ArenA in the recent years, I looked at YouTube and they indeed have some accoustic elemts under the roof for concerts. I will see U2 there this year, so I hope I will also hear them :-) Anyway, Amsterdam is a great city and I have never seen The Stones there, so I would really love to. Even in the ArenA.

if you are in front of the stage area at Amsterdam Arena, the sound is good. Otherwise, its very bad. I dont like the atmosphere of the Arena. Ziggodome is far better, soundwise and atmosphere. God, i pray the Stones will hit Europe this year.
jeroen

Date: April 13, 2017 14:23

Bjornulf, is it right to expect, there may be an announcement about the european 2017 Fall tour at the end of July???

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 17:49 by corriecas.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 13, 2017 17:48

corriecas
Bjornulf, is it right to assume, there may be an announcement about the european 2017 Fall tour at the end of July???

Jeroen

I'm sure there's an equivalent in every language in the world, but here in U.K. the expression goes like this: 'assumption is the mother of all f**k ups' !

If I were you, I wouldn't make any assumptions whatsoever. At this particular juncture in their lives/career, that would be more than a little dangerous I'd think ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 13, 2017 17:50

paulywaul
corriecas
Bjornulf, is it right to assume, there may be an announcement about the european 2017 Fall tour at the end of July???

Jeroen

I'm sure there's an equivalent in every language in the world, but here in U.K. the expression goes like this: 'assumption is the mother of all f**k ups' !

If I were you, I wouldn't make any assumptions whatsoever. At this particular juncture in their lives/career, that would be more than a little dangerous I'd think ...

Thanks paulywaul,

Bjornulf, is it right to expect, there may be an announcement about the european 2017 Fall tour at the end of July???

Jeroen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 17:51 by corriecas.

Date: April 13, 2017 18:15

We can hope ... that's about as far as I'd go personally !!

Date: April 13, 2017 18:20

There's not a single rumour about the "fall" tour as far as I see. It will never happen probably.

Date: April 13, 2017 18:29

Monsoon Ragoon
There's not a single rumour about the "fall" tour as far as I see. It will never happen probably.

I'd have to agree ... regrettably

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 13, 2017 18:50

Sadly, the Tour Page has been wiped clean and sterilized...
No maps, no rumored dates, no hope.

Date: April 13, 2017 19:00

Kurt
No maps, no rumoured dates, no hope.

Jeez, didn't even notice that ...... sad smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 13, 2017 19:09

Kurt

Damn. confused smiley

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: April 13, 2017 19:54

I was really hoping to go to Europe this summer. I had a room in a hotel not far from the Oslo rumored show.Maybe something will happen this fall. Nothing better than seeing the Stones, especially in a new country (for my wife and I)

2016 - 5 shows, 3 outside the US, 2 in US
2015 - 5 shows, US

It is way too quiet and I hope it is not over. It would be great to see them again!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 13, 2017 20:41

Kurt

Didn't BV remove that a month ago?? Got to admire the people "in the know" on this board for not spreading every rumour they hear. That would be madness.....confused smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 13, 2017 20:47

Maindefender
Kurt

Didn't BV remove that a month ago?? Got to admire the people "in the know" on this board for not spreading every rumour they hear. That would be madness.....confused smileyconfused smiley

Yes the rumoured dates and venues for the summer tour were removed after the news of the possible delay to the tour.

Bjornulf has said recently that shows in the fall may happen so I don't see why some people seem to think that there has been no solid rumours about possible shows.

The shows may happen and they may not we don't know for certain yet so we just have to wait for more information.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 13, 2017 20:52

I continue to be optimistic grinning smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 13, 2017 20:59

Stone601

Me too and so should everyone else there is no reason not to be.

The Rolling Stones are not done yet

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 14, 2017 01:27

Nate
Stone601

I like this attitude smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: April 14, 2017 01:31

smileys with beer
Nate
Stone601

The Rolling Stones are not done yet

Nate thumbs up
smileys with beer

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 14, 2017 03:46

Too bad Europe looks doubtful.Was gonna do a trip Maybe USA?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 14, 2017 13:44

For those who don't bother reading the last few pages:

- The tour is not cancelled, but postponed due to the band wanting to tour behind their upcoming new album
- It will likely include arena concerts, maybe outdoor shows as well
- The Stones are working on plans for the tour right now

Date: April 14, 2017 15:35

Stonesfan2146
For those who don't bother reading the last few pages:

- The tour is not cancelled, but postponed due to the band wanting to tour behind their upcoming new album
- It will likely include arena concerts, maybe outdoor shows as well
- The Stones are working on plans for the tour right now

The album will eighter not be finished before 2018 or include sub-standard content. Or both. That is just my imagination.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 14, 2017 15:58

Some users here with very good connections to the record company and the band are stating the album should be finished by summer and out later this year. This is the plan as of now of couse and could change.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2017 21:32

The Rolling Stones do plan tours at all times. That is the promoters that present plans for them to perform. Including this summer. In Europe. Then they realize they want to do something else this summer, which is perfectly legit at their age and their moment in time. So they postpone their summer plans until after summer.

Just enjoy the summer. The summer will be hot and great as usual in Europe. We will have great strawberries, cold beer, great looking girls and gals in the streets, it will be a great summer. After summer, that is in August/September, we will see how they sort of their fall plans. They don't need to rush anything. We just have to be patient.

I have been a fan for five decades. Patience is the word, when it comes to waiting for anything great happening as far as the Stones goes. I do still remember like it was yesterday. I became a fan in 1971. Then I was patient. Very patieont. Waiting every day for so long. Then in 1972 I got a new edition of NEW MUSICAL EXPRESS. The UK music magazine. I used to buy it every week. On the front page they had glued a flexi disc. Exile On Main Street. The Only Street To Be. I asked for three copies of that magazine. One copy of the flexi I played to the pieces until I got the real Exile Album. The other two are still in my basement with all the other stuff I got over the years.

Why do I say all of this? Well it is all about patience. About waiting for something great to happen!

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 63 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home