Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 64 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: April 14, 2017 22:02

thx Bjornulf

Me, I'm just waiting so patiently...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 14, 2017 22:53

bv
The Rolling Stones do plan tours at all times. That is the promoters that present plans for them to perform. Including this summer. In Europe. Then they realize they want to do something else this summer, which is perfectly legit at their age and their moment in time. So they postpone their summer plans until after summer.

Just enjoy the summer. The summer will be hot and great as usual in Europe. We will have great strawberries, cold beer, great looking girls and gals in the streets, it will be a great summer. After summer, that is in August/September, we will see how they sort of their fall plans. They don't need to rush anything. We just have to be patient.

I have been a fan for five decades. Patience is the word, when it comes to waiting for anything great happening as far as the Stones goes. I do still remember like it was yesterday. I became a fan in 1971. Then I was patient. Very patieont. Waiting every day for so long. Then in 1972 I got a new edition of NEW MUSICAL EXPRESS. The UK music magazine. I used to buy it every week. On the front page they had glued a flexi disc. Exile On Main Street. The Only Street To Be. I asked for three copies of that magazine. One copy of the flexi I played to the pieces until I got the real Exile Album. The other two are still in my basement with all the other stuff I got over the years.

Why do I say all of this? Well it is all about patience. About waiting for something great to happen!

Sounds like there will be an Euro Tour (probably), but not necessarily this year.
I don't think it has something to do with health issues. Keith looks great and Ronnie is on stage somewhere every few days. I think it has to do with three little babies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-15 11:28 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 15, 2017 01:35

All I know is by the announcement we will be on page 125. drinking smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: April 15, 2017 02:09

Thanks BV,in french we have a sentence"patience est mère de toutes les vertus".Wich means being patient is the best quality in life!

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: April 15, 2017 09:50

Met you and saw the Stones in Havana.

Prior to Havana I Had never left North America to see "my boyfriends". But I will from now on.

Looking forward with patience & anticipation ... in that order.

Thanks BV!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 15, 2017 14:30

From the generally well informed : [www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

La tournée automnale se précise. Une quinzaine de dates seront données à partir du mois de septembre, notamment en Allemagne et en France. Le passage parisien est semble-t-il programmé pour le mois d’octobre, avec trois dates à la U-Arena, le futur complexe sportif/salle de spectacles que les Stones inaugureront.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 15, 2017 15:26

gotdablouse

La tournée automnale se précise. Une quinzaine de dates seront données à partir du mois de septembre, notamment en Allemagne et en France. Le passage parisien est semble-t-il programmé pour le mois d’octobre, avec trois dates à la U-Arena, le futur complexe sportif/salle de spectacles que les Stones inaugureront.

J'ai compris tout grinning smiley. The Stones were the first musical act to play the Stade de France back in 1998 (after Johnny Halliday cancelled his show). I was there! This new U-Arena sounds excellent and hope to see someone there, preferably the Stones. I hope Bercy doesn't get neglected as it's a good venue too.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 15, 2017 20:40

Get the Stones to tour Europe, before one of them kicks the bucket.
(No disrespect intended, just reality).
Jeroen

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 17, 2017 05:51

Thank's BV! Can't wait to get Rolling again Europe sounds nice.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: April 17, 2017 21:08

Thank you for your kind words, Bjornulf

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 17, 2017 21:59

gotdablouse

I'll save you the trip to Google translate: "The autumn tour is becoming clearer. About fifteen dates will be given from September, notably in Germany and France. The Paris pass is scheduled for October, with three dates at the U-Arena, the future sports complex / theater that the Stones will inaugurate."

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 17, 2017 23:18

Send It To me
gotdablouse

I'll save you the trip to Google translate: "The autumn tour is becoming clearer. About fifteen dates will be given from September, notably in Germany and France. The Paris pass is scheduled for October, with three dates at the U-Arena, the future sports complex / theater that the Stones will inaugurate."

Also says the Sticky Fingers Fonda Theatre show from 2015 is scheduled for a DVD & BluRay release this year.

Cool. Hope this is accurate.cool smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 17, 2017 23:48

mosthigh
Send It To me
gotdablouse

Also says the Sticky Fingers Fonda Theatre show from 2015 is scheduled for a DVD & BluRay release this year.

Cool. Hope this is accurate.cool smiley

Really want to see the Fonda gig on DVD the album is great and the DVD will be fantastic.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 17, 2017 23:59

Yay! that was an excellent modern day show was it not? I've enjoyed SEVERAL of the tracks I'e heard; was really exciting; I think hats off to Ron here for pulling so much of this off; and not being anywhere around when it was put down....some fan friends put me down for liking b.s. from sf fonda; but i kinda liked the whole feel; the ultimate right? a small enclosed place; a limited stage; pretty much standard set up and every one can see everyone else in the room; that is perfect rock and roll time; i did not know they filmed it, duhhh, of course they would have...i'm actually interested in this one. not so much last years movies, tho i know some of those Latin American gigs were so great. The audience singing louder than the band, they were great, every track. yay sf fonda Live to see...as well as to hear; very interested!! thumbs up

i guess they only need a month or six weeks lead time if they decide to do a show somewhere if and when they decide to do a few...too amorphous. 18 pages of we do not know; we think they are writing and still recording or touching some stuff up for the 2nd LP (not covers) in what is now TWENTY years, so anything goes....i think our most reliable sources pointed to them doing some recording work here and there and of course a lot of offers but nothing really on the table we're supposed to know about whatever their plans A or B might be for a release and some promotion; I hope my Euro brothers and sisters get to see them this year....we're hearing maybe a summer release...who knows? i'm thinking more like FAll unless we hear something verrrryyy soon; or maybe next year; i don't think anybody really close is allowed to say too much at this point....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-18 00:09 by hopkins.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 18, 2017 10:58

bv
The Rolling Stones do plan tours at all times. That is the promoters that present plans for them to perform. Including this summer. In Europe. Then they realize they want to do something else this summer, which is perfectly legit at their age and their moment in time. So they postpone their summer plans until after summer.

Just enjoy the summer. The summer will be hot and great as usual in Europe. We will have great strawberries, cold beer, great looking girls and gals in the streets, it will be a great summer. After summer, that is in August/September, we will see how they sort of their fall plans. They don't need to rush anything. We just have to be patient.

I have been a fan for five decades. Patience is the word, when it comes to waiting for anything great happening as far as the Stones goes. I do still remember like it was yesterday. I became a fan in 1971. Then I was patient. Very patieont. Waiting every day for so long. Then in 1972 I got a new edition of NEW MUSICAL EXPRESS. The UK music magazine. I used to buy it every week. On the front page they had glued a flexi disc. Exile On Main Street. The Only Street To Be. I asked for three copies of that magazine. One copy of the flexi I played to the pieces until I got the real Exile Album. The other two are still in my basement with all the other stuff I got over the years.

Why do I say all of this? Well it is all about patience. About waiting for something great to happen!

I became a fan in 1965. Following The Stones, and my other great fave, Springsteen, in Perth western Australia, IS a game of patience!

But, with regards the Stones in particular, clearly patience is not a real consideration. They are, after all, regretfully, getting on, and it would not take much in the way of illness, tiredness, ability, or other malady to completely derail their ship totally and finally. I Hope not...

I DO NOT BEGRUDGE THEM NOT DOING ONE SINGLE MORE THING IN FACT, but if they're going to tour or release an album, or any new music, patience?

Time Waits for No-One. Surely they HAVE to get on with it...

Rod

Date: April 18, 2017 12:08

[imgur.com]

Patience??? No time... Check out pic of Eric Clapton

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-18 12:42 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 18, 2017 13:52

bitusa2012
[imgur.com]

To be fair, Eric postponed his LA show due to a severe bout of bronchitis. The photo caption indicates that his peripheral neuropathy was the reason, as though he's facing iminent demise. If that were the case, he would not have rescheduled. I'd look like a bucket of crud after a bout with bronchitis too. Hope he's well on the mend.

Date: April 18, 2017 14:51

SomeTorontoGirl
bitusa2012
[imgur.com]

To be fair, Eric postponed his LA show due to a severe bout of bronchitis. The photo caption indicates that his peripheral neuropathy was the reason, as though he's facing iminent demise. If that were the case, he would not have rescheduled. I'd look like a bucket of crud after a bout with bronchitis too. Hope he's well on the mend.

Oh yeah I understand that. I am merely pointing at that anything can derail plans for people, especially those, like ME too, that are getting on in age. So for people to say patience, well, no I disagree. IF they are going to do Something/ANYTHING, get onto it. You never know...

Rod

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 18, 2017 15:52

bitusa2012
SomeTorontoGirl
bitusa2012
[imgur.com]

Oh yeah I understand that. I am merely pointing at that anything can derail plans for people, especially those, like ME too, that are getting on in age. So for people to say patience, well, no I disagree. IF they are going to do Something/ANYTHING, get onto it. You never know...

Eric news - get weel soon Eric

[www.contactmusic.net]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 18, 2017 17:19

Just a little patience oh yeah

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 18, 2017 18:55

TheGreek
Just a little patience oh yeah

I've been walkin' this board at night
Just tryin' to get the rumors right
Hard to see a tour with so many around
You know Mick don't like giving hints to the crowd
And the set lists don't change but maybe the tour names
Keith ain't got new Jagger pop tunes to blame

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: April 20, 2017 18:37

French fan club talking about 3 dates october 2017 in the new Paris U arena (capacity 40 000):

[www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

Seem possible ...

Date: April 21, 2017 00:44

fanch
French fan club talking about 3 dates october 2017 in the new Paris U arena (capacity 40 000):

[www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

Seem possible ...

Yeah, well. I have talked about Ziggodome,Amsterdam for some years. But it has not happened..Yet !!
Jeroen

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 21, 2017 02:09

Have they announced the tour yet? That is me being patient! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 22, 2017 20:51

Closing in on May first, still no tour announced. It doesn't look like a summer tour this time around then. Maybe in the autumn? Or not at all...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 23, 2017 19:04

Strange, 64 pages of information about the tour - then, in late April, not a word about the tour. What happened?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 23, 2017 19:06

there is no tour yet .....

Date: April 23, 2017 19:42

My boss asked me, if i am available in the fall.well, all depends on the Stones touring Europe.if they do,i am on tour too.
Jeroen

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 23, 2017 20:34

nothing is happening here and you know what it is, do you Mr. Jones???

(don't wake me up before there are some real news)

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: April 24, 2017 11:15

Hope the boys are all okay...always worrisome..although all seems well..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 64 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home