Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 62 of 65
Re: Will there be a Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 5, 2017 07:34

mpj200
Here's a wee bit of advice for you lot. Follow this thread then the one about the new Stones record. Then add 2+2.

I had a wee bit of trouble finding the thread about any new 2017 album. At the time of me writing this it's on the bottom of page 3 of threads....

Been on the Stones ride since Route 66 first came thru my crystal set at home in about 1965 and I would LOVE to get an album of Stones originals. Just not now holding my breath.

Rod

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 5, 2017 09:00

I'm guessing 2+2 equals no in this case?

Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 5, 2017 11:27

lem motlow
..paulywaul is right.message boards mean nothing when you're dealing with a huge moneymaking tour.there's only a few hundred of us and they're about making big money.they couldn't care less about their actual fanbase.
if the band cared about really playing music they could just post a link on iorr,stonesdoug and rocks off and sell tickets to a 3500-5000 seater.it would sell out in 10 minutes and they could play any song they want.

but they want one thing-money.and that means brown sugar and jumpin jack flash and confetti and fireworks. a sad end to some great musicians ,going out chasing a dollar they don't even need.

I don't thnk it is the money.

It's true that they can't embark on their typical large scale tour without the guarantee of the huge amounts of money involved...but I think it's more the kudos, the adulation and the continuity of some purpose that they're hooked on.

They'll simply find it a bigger wrench to stop than to carry on.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 5, 2017 11:46

Spud
I don't thnk it is the money.

It's true that they can't embark on their typical large scale tour without the guarantee of the huge amounts of money involved...but I think it's more the kudos, the adulation and the continuity of some purpose that they're hooked on.

And that is why their (rumoured) salary is about 1 million dollars per Stone per show. You made my day smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 5, 2017 11:49

Ok.

It's not just the money grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 5, 2017 11:55

Spud

Because they're the 'Greatest Rock'n'Roll-Band on Earth' and they still want to prove it .... smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 5, 2017 12:20

Please do NOT change the title of this thread. If it happens again then I have to close this thread and make a new one where I "own" the initial post.

In general, the head subject of a thread should NOT be changed, as long as most of the thread is related to that subject. There are hundreds of external links into this thread, that is why the subject should be pretty generic and unchanged if possible.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: April 5, 2017 13:25

44 min ·

Bonne nouvelle pour tous les fans des The Rolling Stones, Ils devraient normalement inaugurer la nouvelle Arena couverte ( La U Arena ) à Nanterre qui peut contenir entre 20 et 40 000 places.
Et ce pour 2-3 concerts, vraisemblablement début Octobre.... à confirmer.

Ça fait une bonne semaine que la nouvelle circule mais il semble que cela se précise de jours en jours....
[www.uarena.com]

Info à prendre tout de même avec toutes les précautions d'usage, on se rappelle de la saga de la Tournée Européenne qui était prète et qui n'a pas eu lieu.
L’image contient peut-être : 4 personnes, personnes sur scène et personnes qui jouent des instruments de musique
Aucun texte alternatif disponible.
7 commentaires
3 partages

Date: April 5, 2017 13:28

It's from "Rockerparis" which usually is sure. It saysconfused smileytones in october for 2 or 3 dates in new Arena in Nanterre,France.I'm just the messenger!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 5, 2017 13:56

Rockerparis is a trustworthy person,so October would be nice. But..i doubt, there will be more than one show.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-05 14:04 by corriecas.

Date: April 5, 2017 14:52

What do you think dear BV?

Date: April 5, 2017 15:00

mickjerome

I'm just the messenger!

Paris U-Arena was already posted here: [iorr.org] and here: [iorr.org] .

Date: April 5, 2017 16:14

Sorry,i didn't saw it.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: April 5, 2017 19:01

Thanks Bjor....sub topics do get a bit crazy...:-)

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: April 5, 2017 19:02

Sure there will a European tour at some point...The Stones are not finished..unless one is ill or other very personal reasons!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 5, 2017 19:27

bv
Please do NOT change the title of this thread. If it happens again then I have to close this thread and make a new one where I "own" the initial post.

In general, the head subject of a thread should NOT be changed, as long as most of the thread is related to that subject. There are hundreds of external links into this thread, that is why the subject should be pretty generic and unchanged if possible.

But what is if there is NO "The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017"? The changed title makes more sense.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 6, 2017 06:34

frankotero
I'm guessing 2+2 equals no in this case?

Not what I meant mate, just means they are related. Here's to the boys finishing some solid new tracks soon! Cheers.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 6, 2017 07:09

mpj200 -thank you for the encouraging comment. I'm hoping for the same, of course. Plus a winter tour is better for me. There's a lot of concerts over here this summer. Almost too many. Can't believe I just said that.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: April 6, 2017 10:39

Monsoon Ragoon
bv

But what is if there is NO "The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017"? The changed title makes more sense.

No reason to change the title.

However, if anything goes wrong, I am looking forward to starting the 2018 tour thread! grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 6, 2017 12:25

If they decide they will NOT do this tour in Europe at all this year then of course this will be a closed thread. Eventually. Until then this is the place to post anything you know about rumours related to the much talked about tour in Europe this year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 6, 2017 12:50

bv
If they decide they will NOT do this tour in Europe at all this year then of course this will be a closed thread. Eventually. Until then this is the place to post anything you know about rumours related to the much talked about tour in Europe this year.

Thanks BV.

Hmm, the mere fact that you pen these very words suggests to me that perhaps it's looking less and less likely they'll do some shows in Europe this year. Others will no doubt draw their own conclusions, but that's how I choose to read it. C'est la vie. It would be nice to see 'em again of course, but if it ain't to be ... it ain't to be !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: April 6, 2017 14:26

Just posted on Twitter an interesting / ambiguous video about 14onfire rehearsals in Oslo. "Will return" ... "rehearsals in progress" - [twitter.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 6, 2017 14:31

OnlyKeef
Just posted on Twitter an interesting / ambiguous video about 14onfire rehearsals in Oslo. "Will return" ... "rehearsals in progress" - [twitter.com]

I HOPE they will tour Europe this year, maybe their latest twitter means something???
BV's latest post made me feel a bit depressed.

Jeroen

Date: April 6, 2017 14:33

Let's hope they will return to Oslo indeed! grinning smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2017 15:03

It's Thursday, and the video is hashtagged #tbt as in Throwback Thursday.

However they have teased with old videos before.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 7, 2017 01:56

U Arena in Paris in October?
O2 Arena and Lanxess Arena in November?

2 or 3 shows on each one?

The offers are there...

Date: April 7, 2017 02:00

georgelicks

This would be Cologne then in Germany .... smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 7, 2017 05:11

Then we make a new thread called

The Rolling Stones World Tour in 2018

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 7, 2017 05:46

Irix
georgelicks

This would be Cologne then in Germany .... smiling smiley

There's a lot of free dates for Lanxess Arena on that month, especially between November 5-11 and 12-18, for example.

[www.lanxess-arena.de]

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 7, 2017 06:30

paulywaul
bv

Thanks BV.

Hmm, the mere fact that you pen these very words suggests to me that perhaps it's looking less and less likely they'll do some shows in Europe this year. Others will no doubt draw their own conclusions, but that's how I choose to read it. C'est la vie. It would be nice to see 'em again of course, but if it ain't to be ... it ain't to be !

You might be reading a bit too much into BV's last comment. He was likely responding to the post before his.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 62 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1318
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home