Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 61 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 1, 2017 06:44

Lol, that was pretty bad on my part, considering, I was at Desert Trip. Anyway, still feels like a long lay off.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 1, 2017 15:17

bv
There is no change here except the fact that the tour will be in the fall and not in the summer. Still in Europe.

Thank you for the update Bjornulf. Say little but say it well. Which is much better than most of the rest of us on here can manage...

So hoping for some good news later in the year. For my live music fix, I'll just have to content myself with whatever 2nd choices are available until then.

I would have much preferred a Summer outdoor show with GA but I'll happily take whatever's on offer from the Stones now.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2017 15:24

bv
There is no change here except the fact that the tour will be in the fall and not in the summer. Still in Europe.

Thanks Bjornulf for the Update.
I hope this will stop the bullshite around MSG.
Jeroen

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 1, 2017 19:04

MrMibbs
what about Nassau Coliseum in the future

That would be cool along with MSG!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 1, 2017 21:34

Please, enough with the very off-topic, and unnecessary, talk about NY area venues.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 3, 2017 02:05

WHy? Its the Stones and touring! Isnt that good?

Date: April 3, 2017 02:20

potus43
WHy? Its the Stones and touring! Isnt that good?

Of course The Stones and Touring is very good. But you appear not to have noticed that the Thread Title is 'The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017'.

Would it not be more appropriate to start a new Thread for shows outside of Europe?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 3, 2017 18:58

After reading all the wishful thinking (whining) here, I wish I could go back and un-start this thread. Wow! This thread should be called "Styx Tour 2017" because some people have "too much time on their hands".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-04 00:05 by roller99.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 3, 2017 19:21

Lol - you can change the title of the thread roller! smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 3, 2017 19:28

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 3, 2017 19:36

How about: 'Hopes, Dreams, and Rumours' thread?

...or maybe just: 'Somebody Throw Me a F#*%ing Crumb 2017 Tour'

Date: April 3, 2017 20:06

mosthigh
How about: 'Hopes, Dreams, and Rumours' thread?

...or maybe just: 'Somebody Throw Me a F#*%ing Crumb 2017 Tour'

Your second suggestion grinning smiley

Re: Will there be a Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 4, 2017 10:19

Subtle thread title change....

Rod

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 4, 2017 11:01

bitusa2012

Yup, indeed !

Personally, I'll believe it when I see it !

But meanwhile, we have 61 pages of pure nonsense to amuse ourselves with ... yawn !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 4, 2017 12:43

paulywaul
bitusa2012

Yup, indeed !

But meanwhile, we have 61 pages of pure nonsense to amuse ourselves with ... yawn !

The band's entourage read this board, the World's busiest Stones board. The very fact that we've had these 61 pages of nonsense should tell them that there's demand for a tour and persuade them to put pen to paper grinning smiley

Not sure if the other Stones boards have their own rumour threads too. If so even better!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 4, 2017 12:55

grzegorz67
paulywaul
bitusa2012

Yup, indeed !

The band's entourage read this board, the World's busiest Stones board. The very fact that we've had these 61 pages of nonsense should tell them that there's demand for a tour and persuade them to put pen to paper grinning smiley

Not sure if the other Stones boards have their own rumour threads too. If so even better!

I disagree. 61 pages of bollocks on the world's busiest Stones board doesn't tell them a bloody thing about 'demand' for the sort of highly remunerative excursions they seem to want to limit themselves to these days. How does what you or I or anyone else on this board have to say shed any light whatsoever on the probable level of demand for (by means of example) a show at a ridiculous 200,000 capacity open air venue with ticket prices in all likelihood somewhere in the realms of the absurd ? In short - it doesn't tell them a thing. This is IORR, this is not representative of the masses, to whom they're pitching themselves these days !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 4, 2017 13:10

paulywaul
grzegorz67
paulywaul
bitusa2012

Yup, indeed !

I disagree. 61 pages of bollocks on the world's busiest Stones board doesn't tell them a bloody thing about 'demand' for the sort of highly remunerative excursions they seem to want to limit themselves to these days. How does what you or I or anyone else on this board have to say shed any light whatsoever on the probable level of demand for (by means of example) a show at a ridiculous 200,000 capacity open air venue with ticket prices in all likelihood somewhere in the realms of the absurd ? In short - it doesn't tell them a thing. This is IORR, this is not representative of the masses, to whom they're pitching themselves these days !

OK you made me laugh with that little lot Paul and you do have a point to a degree but there's a wee contradiction in there. Limiting themselves to highly remunerative excursions only is hardly pitching themselves to the masses. The 'masses' tend not to want to pay silly money. The highly remunerative shows are the private ones for the corporate crowd and medium size shows with £200 tickets for we mugs sad smiley

Besides, it's been 61 pages of good fun bollocks grinning smiley

Nearly as much fun as a an actual gig and it's lasted a lot longer too eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-04 13:27 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 4, 2017 14:06

grzegorz67
61 pages of nonsense should tell them that there's demand for a tour

Yeah - like about 20-odd people with nothing better to do than to continuously comment on each other's comments about nothing solid at all; and about a 100-or so folks lurking...

Let's face it - these 61-and-counting pages tell us NOTHING, apart from the fact that we're all borderline fanatics, craving for a new tour - or at least ONE more gig...
And anybody thinking that the Stones Inc. will base their policies on what's to be read here, is a bit delusional I'm afraid.

(Oh no, I'm NOT questioning the fact that they DO read this board - and oh yes: I KNOW we all like to think that we've had some influence here, in the past... but I say: think again.)

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 4, 2017 14:18

They do if they're wise take some interest in what the fans think ...and boards such as this are a good source of opinions.

they'll also be well aware that the folks who post on these pages don't really represent the average paying punter winking smiley

Date: April 4, 2017 15:10

Spud
They do if they're wise take some interest in what the fans think ...and boards such as this are a good source of opinions.

they'll also be well aware that the folks who post on these pages don't really represent the average paying punter winking smiley

Fair comment. I wasn't being entirely serious - I did end my comment about there being demand for a tour with a big cheesy grin grinning smiley

What will be will be...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 4, 2017 17:04

Guess we have to wait till the end of June, for some announcements from THE STONES...smileys with beerhot smiley
jeroen

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 4, 2017 20:23

bitusa2012
Not so subtle. At the time, I had inside information that there would be a tour. After the band canceled Vegas, and then Clapton canceled both LA shows for what I think was dubious reason (it's BS), I don't believe the Stones will tour Europe in 2017.

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: April 4, 2017 21:15

roller99
then Clapton canceled both LA shows for what I think was dubious reason (it's BS)

What's your take on EC?

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 4, 2017 21:37

I do have other plans now. Life goes on. No time to waste.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 4, 2017 21:54

I think I have learned to say goodbye.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 4, 2017 22:08

Kurt

jason bonham-ouch. 3rd on the bill to foreigner? he should have called it the "i'm not as good as my dad tour" or "this is why robert plant avoids me tour"
i can't believe anyone thinks this kid could just step in and keep led zeppelin going because his last name is bonham.
i've seen the father and the son both live-nothing against jason but he should've picked another career and played drums on the weekends.
imagine robert plant,people beg the guy to steal their money and he wont do it.
i know,".." . the 02 shows it was just like..." stop it.if you think that i could give you a couple of drinks and take you to a led zepagain show and you'd think it was just like 75.

but i digress..paulywaul is right.message boards mean nothing when you're dealing with a huge moneymaking tour.there's only a few hundred of us and they're about making big money.they couldn't care less about their actual fanbase.
if the band cared about really playing music they could just post a link on iorr,stonesdoug and rocks off and sell tickets to a 3500-5000 seater.it would sell out in 10 minutes and they could play any song they want.

but they want one thing-money.and that means brown sugar and jumpin jack flash and confetti and fireworks. a sad end to some great musicians ,going out chasing a dollar they don't even need.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 4, 2017 22:39

mrsoandso
roller99
then Clapton canceled both LA shows for what I think was dubious reason (it's BS)

What's your take on EC?

Evidence, please?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 4, 2017 22:52

Subtle thread title change....[/quote]
I had inside information that there would be a tour. After the band canceled Vegas, and then Clapton canceled both LA shows for what I think was dubious reason (it's BS), I don't believe the Stones will tour Europe in 2017.[/quote]

What does them cancelling one show in Vegas (which I had a ticket to) or Clapton cancelling some dates have to do with whether or not there's a European Stones tour?

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: April 4, 2017 23:35

I'm looking for an excuse to travel to Europe.
It'll be fun to see the band in a different venue for myself. (Canadian)

Look, everyone, it's show BUSINESS.

A Rolling Stones tour is big money, with all the big logistics issues that go along with it.

I had a friend, lose his funding for his movie 5 DAYS before shooting was to begin.
He had to call all his actors and tell them there wasn't going to be a movie.

I only bring this up to draw a comparison.

The Tour promoter may not have found stable financing. An insurance company may not want to underwrite the tour with outdoor shows.
A particular venue may be playing hard to get with a date which throws the whole tour plan in jeopardy.

Also, the band probably can't cater to us- the "fringe fanatic."
If we make up 700 tickets in a 70,000 seat venue, they can't cater to us.

The promoter will want to sell as many tickets as possible for as much $$$ as possible.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 5, 2017 06:29

Here's a wee bit of advice for you lot. Follow this thread then the one about the new Stones record. Then add 2+2.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465Next
Current Page: 61 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home