Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2017 20:25

slewan

don't forget all the money made by selling merchandise stuff and I guess they get also a share of all the drinks and food being sold at the shows

Yes, of course - but that's an additional Business beside the Show itself - it can help to reduce the risks of the Tour costs if the Ticket sales were lower than expected ....

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 9, 2017 20:26

bv
The tour in South America was 100% complete but never confirmed, then it got delayed and they did it during the spring of 2016 eventually. I do still have the original dates, I think they included Costa Rica. The Rolling Stones have the luxury of being able to sign late and change at any time up to the point when something is signed.

They did something like this already in 1970. But WHY do they things like this? It only causes millions of additional costs, makes promotors feel like fools, fans are fooled with partly concrete dates on which the show does NOT happen eventually etc. etc. Is this arrogance or do they have incapable consultants - or extremely good consultants?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-09 20:55 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2017 20:42

grzegorz67
corriecas
grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon
straycatuk
If they play arenas shows the lower tier and floor in Front half of auditoriums will be about €1000 if not more.

Sc uk

Nobody would turn up, not even in London.

Yep. They only got away with the OTT prices for 50 & Counting at the O2 in 2012 because it was their 1st shows anywhere in over 5 years and were then thought to be a one-off. No way will they be able to repeat those prices and they would be foolish to try. I will grudgingly go up to 200EUR but not much more...
I will pay up to 500 euro, and not more.
Jeroen

Not everyone's like you though Jeroen. I love the Stones as much as anyone here but I have my limits. I turned up at O2 Show 1 without a ticket and waited for prices to fall, eventually getting in for £100, albeit missing the start. While I could have paid full whack, I refused to do so and I was ready to walk away.

Seriously, provided the shows are sensibly priced, they can make a good profit for themselves and please the fans.

My financial sources are limited too. But..i want to see them, one more time, at least. Therefore, i will go beyond my budget.
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 9, 2017 21:51

corriecas
grzegorz67
corriecas
grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon
straycatuk
If they play arenas shows the lower tier and floor in Front half of auditoriums will be about €1000 if not more.

Sc uk

Yep. They only got away with the OTT prices for 50 & Counting at the O2 in 2012 because it was their 1st shows anywhere in over 5 years and were then thought to be a one-off. No way will they be able to repeat those prices and they would be foolish to try. I will grudgingly go up to 200EUR but not much more...
Jeroen

Not everyone's like you though Jeroen. I love the Stones as much as anyone here but I have my limits. I turned up at O2 Show 1 without a ticket and waited for prices to fall, eventually getting in for £100, albeit missing the start. While I could have paid full whack, I refused to do so and I was ready to walk away.

Seriously, provided the shows are sensibly priced, they can make a good profit for themselves and please the fans.

My financial sources are limited too. But..i want to see them, one more time, at least. Therefore, i will go beyond my budget.
Jeroen

I want to see them too but I won't pay more than I think is fair even though I can. These are guys still working in their 70s so I'd expect them to be demanding. How many of us here still plan to be working at that age? I'm almost 50 and I sure as hell will not be working at 60, well not full time anyway grinning smiley

Anyway, we're up to 50 pages now! We know for sure that the band (or at least their entourage) read this website and 50 pages surely tells them that there's demand for a tour! Fingers crossed. I'd personally prefer an outdoor Summer tour but any kind of tour is fine by me >grinning smiley<

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2017 21:55

grzegorz67
corriecas
grzegorz67
corriecas
grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon
straycatuk

Sc uk

Jeroen

Jeroen

I want to see them too but I won't pay more than I think is fair even though I can. These are guys still working in their 70s so I'd expect them to be demanding. How many of us here still plan to be working at that age? I'm almost 50 and I sure as hell will not be working at 60, well not full time anyway grinning smiley

Anyway, we're up to 50 pages now! We know for sure that the band (or at least their entourage) read this website and 50 pages surely tells them that there's demand for a tour! Fingers crossed. I'd personally prefer an outdoor Summer tour but any kind of tour is fine by me >grinning smiley<

If there will be an european Tour, i hope we will meet and i will buy you a drink. Im also keeping my fingers, firmly crossed, and hoping for a european tour this year.
jeroen

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: March 9, 2017 22:23

corriecas

If there will be an european Tour, i hope we will meet and i will buy you a drink. Im also keeping my fingers, firmly crossed, and hoping for a european tour this year.
jeroen

Next week I'll be in the Ziggo Dome... we can meet and have a beer :-)

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 9, 2017 22:36

I hope for summer outside shows, especially for the UK.

I would pay the going prices, but it's still not right in charging that amount.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 9, 2017 23:11

We would save $$ by not flying during the peak summer season. Accommodation options might be better in the fall, and tourist traffic is lower. Weather might be lousier, but many of us have been deluged at Stones concerts in June-July-August.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: March 9, 2017 23:44

DeanGoodman
We would save $$ by not flying during the peak summer season. Accommodation options might be better in the fall, and tourist traffic is lower. Weather might be lousier, but many of us have been deluged at Stones concerts in June-July-August.
I can assure you there is a world of difference between the deluge like we had in Rio and the sort of deluge we get in England during autumn cold windy and wet isn't fun like warm and wet

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 9, 2017 23:55

Al65
DeanGoodman
I can assure you there is a world of difference between the deluge like we had in Rio and the sort of deluge we get in England during autumn cold windy and wet isn't fun like warm and wet

Rio was tolerable. Porto Alegre was the problem. Anyway, summer is Brazil's rainy season.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 9, 2017 23:58

HonkeyTonkFlash
It's great if the Stones do anything at this stage but I think it would be cool if they did stadiums just to show the world they can still pack those places after all these many, many years! Rock on boys! There's something about the thrill of a huge stadium crowd all hyped up for the Stones is almost a religious experience!

thumbs up

Besides I think it gives them (especially Mick who's the one carrying the show) more of a "rush" to captivate a stadium than an Arena, can't imagine he has too many reasons to go out there again apart from that ?

SDF 13/06/2014 :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: March 10, 2017 06:43

bv
Many bands tour Europe outside the summer season. I would not be surprised if the Stones delay their plans in Europe and do a fall tour instead.

Ding... ding... ding.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: March 10, 2017 06:46

DandelionPowderman
Irix
Karlos123

If you do the maths: No. $4 million for the band would mean for $200 per ticket at Waldbühne just for the band. No venue, no promoter, nothing else would have been paid. And highest tickets were 250€. Not possible.

I had tried it here: [iorr.org] .

5 Million US-$ per Show could mean 1.7 Million revenue if production costs are 2/3 of the entire costs.

1.7 Milllion US-$ revenue per Show (before Tax) could mean 250.000 US-$ each for Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie - plus approx. 100,000 US-$ for each Touring-member (Darryl J., Chuck L., Bernard F., Sasha A., Matt C., Tim R., Karl D.).

For 5 Million US-$ must an Audience of 50,000 people pay 100 US-$ each for Tickets - further costs could be covered by Sponsors.

That looks spot on.

Ooy! Not even close mate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-10 06:50 by mpj200.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 10, 2017 09:39

summer stadium tour would be better for real fans, almost everybody could find a ticket.
15.000 seats arena would be a nightmare, secondary ticketing at maximum level; many of us wouldn't be able to find a ticket.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 10, 2017 10:12

andrea66
summer stadium tour would be better for real fans, almost everybody could find a ticket.
15.000 seats arena would be a nightmare, secondary ticketing at maximum level; many of us wouldn't be able to find a ticket.

not with Vegas price level ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-10 10:12 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 10, 2017 11:07

Stonesfan2146
An arena tour seems more likely because it matches the idea of playing some blues songs on stage. Imagine if they would add a B-Stage again with 4 blues numbers being played there.

thumbs up

Date: March 10, 2017 11:31

They don't want to play their blues tracks, what they want is to make as much money as possible. Hence I doubt the new rumours (?) about a possible arena tour.
And if they tour arenas, don't have too high expectations. One example: early on the Licks Tour they played Stray Cat Blues in arenas, later in Europe it was moved to the club gigs, because it didn't really work before 20.000. The blues numbers will have similar problems. Even in an arena show with 20.000 people, 18.000 of them want to hear only the same hits as always, sad but true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-10 11:49 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: March 10, 2017 11:41

Regarding the last tours, european set lists are often poor (in quantity and quality) compared to North America.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 10, 2017 11:48

MRAmandaJones
Regarding the last tours, european set lists are often poor (in quantity and quality) compared to North America.

Well this sums it all up doesn't it.....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 10, 2017 11:49

MRAmandaJones

really? any evidence? To me the major/only difference seemed to be that the North American tour used to feature special guests

Date: March 10, 2017 12:14

slewan
MRAmandaJones

really? any evidence? To me the major/only difference seemed to be that the North American tour used to feature special guests

No I Wanna Be Your Man, no Sway, no As Tears Go By, no Six Days On The Road, no Around And Around, no Under The Boardwalk, no Goin' Down, no Far Away Eyes etc. in Europe 14. Only few interesting tracks survived, like Worried About You, but of course none of the warhorses was thrown out.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: March 10, 2017 12:18

MRAmandaJones
¨¨

It think it would be very odd if they came back to Europe and played the exact same set as in 2014. I mean before there has always been SOMETHING new about the show, the bigger bang tour had some ABB-songs and a very different stage, the licks tour was different and the BTB tour had different setlist etc.

I can't see them change less than 5-7 songs from the last time they were in Europe.

Date: March 10, 2017 12:18

Just look at 2013 set lists (NA) and 2014 set lists (Europe)...

Even 2015 US stadiums set lists were more interesting than the 2014 set lists...

During the Lick Tour, the US Arenas set lists were far more exciting than the few european Arenas set lists.

But, I can understand that people are ready to pay 150€ to listen (again) to "You got me rocking", "Tumbling dice", "Out of control", "Miss you" (etc) in an huge stadium.
Because Stones are the Stones and, those days, we can really say that times wait for no one...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 10, 2017 12:24

slewan
MRAmandaJones

They have generally played more songs and longer shows in North America since the Steel Wheels tour. That's a fact. Simple as that. I don't know the reason why though. Maybe it's beacuse most people in the US drive to and from the venues with their own cars, whilst European crowds depend more on collective transport. Shows have to finish earlier so everyone can reach connecting trains and buses etc. Another explanation could be that stadium floor/pitches are always filled with chairs in North America. In Europe, you'll have to stand upright for hours.

Date: March 10, 2017 12:30

Monsoon Ragoon
They don't want to play their blues tracks, what they want is to make as much money as possible. Hence I doubt the new rumours (?) about a possible arena tour.
And if they tour arenas, don't have too high expectations. One example: early on the Licks Tour they played Stray Cat Blues in arenas, later in Europe it was moved to the club gigs, because it didn't really work before 20.000. The blues numbers will have similar problems. Even in an arena show with 20.000 people, 18.000 of them want to hear only the same hits as always, sad but true.

In 2003, in Paris Bercy, in the seating seats, most of people had waited until "SMU" before to move...

Most of people didn't care about "Love in vain" or "Monkey man".

As u say: sad but true

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-10 12:30 by MRAmandaJones.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 10, 2017 12:36

The Worst.
slewan
MRAmandaJones

They have generally played more songs and longer shows in North America since the Steel Wheels tour. That's a fact. Simple as that. I don't know the reason why though. Maybe it's beacuse most people in the US drive to and from the venues with their own cars, whilst European crowds depend more on collective transport. Shows have to finish earlier so everyone can reach connecting trains and buses etc. Another explanation could be that stadium floor/pitches are always filled with chairs in North America. In Europe, you'll have to stand upright for hours.

all regular shows North American shows in 2015 features 18-20 songs
all shows in Europe in 2014 features 19 songs
thus there's no real difference

the songs mentioned above that were only played in the US ("No I Wanna Be Your Man, no Sway, no As Tears Go By, no Six Days On The Road, no Around And Around, no Under The Boardwalk, no Goin' Down, no Far Away Eyes etc") were basically songs played with special guests.

Date: March 10, 2017 12:45

Monsoon Ragoon

No I Wanna Be Your Man, no Sway, no As Tears Go By, no Six Days On The Road, no Around And Around, no Under The Boardwalk, no Goin' Down, no Far Away Eyes etc. in Europe 14. Only few interesting tracks survived, like Worried About You, but of course none of the warhorses was thrown out.

2012 in London's O2-Arena they played among others: 'I Wanna Be Your Man', 'Get Off Of My Cloud', 'It's All Over Now', Lady Jane, 'Going Down' (Jeff Beck), 'The Last Time', 'Champagne and Reefer' - [iorr.org] .

During the 14-on-Fire-Tour they played among others: 'Let's Spend The Night Together', 'Get Off Of My Cloud', 'Rocks Off', 'Waiting On A Friend ', Like A Rolling Stone', 'It's All Over Now' - [iorr.org] .

'As Tears Go By' and 'Sway' have been played in Europe in 2006/2007 - [iorr.org] .

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-10 13:20 by Irix.

Date: March 10, 2017 12:47

slewan
The Worst.
slewan
MRAmandaJones

all regular shows North American shows in 2015 features 18-20 songs
all shows in Europe in 2014 features 19 songs
thus there's no real difference

the songs mentioned above that were only played in the US ("No I Wanna Be Your Man, no Sway, no As Tears Go By, no Six Days On The Road, no Around And Around, no Under The Boardwalk, no Goin' Down, no Far Away Eyes etc") were basically songs played with special guests.

Well only a fool can say that the 2014 setlists were as interesting as those from 2012, 13, 15. Instead of interesting songs, Europe got Angie or even Like A Rolling Stone. That's simply nonsense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-10 12:49 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 10, 2017 12:49

Lady Jane was not played on the 14 On Fire tour.

Date: March 10, 2017 12:55

flairville

Lady Jane was not played on the 14 On Fire tour.

It was 2012 in London's O2-Arena - above Post corrected .... smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home