Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 10, 2017 12:31

zgredzik
Okay, so you really think, that they will not sell in Poland, but will sell in Bosnia and Herzegovina smiling smiley
Poland it's not USSR country anymore. People here are more "western people" than ever. And want Stones more than ever.

I've been visiting Poland for over 20 years and I 100% agree. I was at Chorzow in 1998. Still, no Stones in Poland since 2007 and if there is, please let it NOT be the Stadion Narodowy sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-10 12:32 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 10, 2017 12:37

Stadion Narodowy (National Stadium) would be a disaster. But in the other hand - it would be Stones show, so it would be good to see them anywhere grinning smiley

By the way - Bjelasnica concert, in this article is said to be in May..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-10 12:37 by zgredzik.

Date: February 10, 2017 12:46

zgredzik
Stadion Narodowy (National Stadium) would be a disaster. But in the other hand - it would be Stones show, so it would be good to see them anywhere grinning smiley

Oh you would see them all right! Unless you were FoS/Golden Circle, I'm just not sure what you would hear.... sad smiley

What's happening with the Slaski Stadium in Chorzow btw ? Great venue for the great show in '98. I heard they started rebuilding it and then it all just stopped, 50% complete.

Date: February 10, 2017 12:48

grzegorz67, I was at AC/DC on National Stadium and my ears were bleeding. About Chrzów - it would be open with huge concert in September. Mayor of Chorzów have to announce in next months who will perform at opening. They are in talks with Bruce Springsteen and Justin Timberlake.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 10, 2017 12:51

grzegorz67
zgredzik

Oh you would see them all right! Unless you were FoS/Golden Circle, I'm just not sure what you would hear.... sad smiley

What's happening with the Slaski Stadium in Chorzow btw ? Great venue for the great show in '98. I heard they started rebuilding it and then it all just stopped, 50% complete.

According to official info Slaski is reopening in September. If they don't move the opening date a little forward then it will reopen probably after the Stones tour

Date: February 10, 2017 12:57

zgredzik
grzegorz67, I was at AC/DC on National Stadium and my ears were bleeding. About Chrzów - it would be open with huge concert in September. Mayor of Chorzów have to announce in next months who will perform at opening. They are in talks with Bruce Springsteen and Justin Timberlake.

My friend in Warsaw was at the Paul McCartney show at the Norodowy in 2013 and said the sound was so bad it was hard to know what song was being played. Good news that the Slaski Stadium will soon be back. I have great memories of the Stones' BtB show there with wildly enthusiastic fans and my whole weekend in Poland. It has a lot of history but this stadium seemed to be forgotten and neglected when they built all those new stadia for Euro 2012.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 10, 2017 14:25

Monsoon Ragoon

Sarajevo could be the Havana of 2017 I guess. Although no free concert surely.

Why? The Stones played in 2007 in Serbia as well as in Montenegro, 1976 + 1998 in Croatia -- therefore nothing new ....

And they played already 50 years ago in Poland (13-Apr-1967, later again in 1998 + 2007).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-11 10:25 by Irix.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 10, 2017 14:30

Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
wickerman
July 5th is the rumoured date for National Stadium in Warsaw, Poland.

from where you know that? you are the one and only source about this concert, I don't see anything happening in this case right now in Poland. it is right source?

I don't think they will play Poland on a 8 or 10 date tour. The reason in simple: you can't sell 200 Euro tickets there.

Well, actually you can sell 200 euro tickets everywhere in Europe ESPECIALLY on 8-10 date tour because people will travel from countries where shows have been already sold out.

Date: February 10, 2017 14:31

zgredzik
Okay, so you really think, that they will not sell in Poland, but will sell in Bosnia and Herzegovina smiling smiley
Poland it's not USSR country anymore. People here are more "western people" than ever. And want Stones more than ever.

According to my historical knowledge Poland has never been USSR country, but hey, you learn something new every day winking smiley

Date: February 10, 2017 15:19

franzk

According to my historical knowledge Poland has never been USSR country, but hey, you learn something new every day winking smiley

It's kind of mental shortcut.. winking smiley Since 1945 to 1989 it was controlled by USSR, although it wasn't included in this country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-10 15:22 by zgredzik.

Date: February 10, 2017 15:30

franzk
zgredzik

I recommend books on the cold war.. winking smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 10, 2017 15:36

DandelionPowderman
franzk
zgredzik

Don't need a book about past cold war, a new one is on his way! sad smiley

Date: February 10, 2017 15:39

ouroux58
DandelionPowderman
franzk
zgredzik

Don't need a book about past cold war, a new one is on his way! sad smiley

Affecting Poland?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 10, 2017 18:09

franzk
Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
wickerman

from where you know that? you are the one and only source about this concert, I don't see anything happening in this case right now in Poland. it is right source?

I don't think they will play Poland on a 8 or 10 date tour. The reason in simple: you can't sell 200 Euro tickets there.

Well, actually you can sell 200 euro tickets everywhere in Europe ESPECIALLY on 8-10 date tour because people will travel from countries where shows have been already sold out.

Nobody except maybe 10 madmen drives from Hanover to Warsaw because Munich or Hamburg is sold out.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 10, 2017 18:56

Monsoon Ragoon
franzk
Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
wickerman

Nobody except maybe 10 madmen drives from Hanover to Warsaw because Munich or Hamburg is sold out.

There are so many cheap flights between Warsaw and other European cities though.

Date: February 10, 2017 22:05

Monsoon Ragoon
franzk
Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
wickerman

Why not? I travel a lot around Europe and seen many shows in many different countries and always met a lot of people from other countires, way more than 10 winking smiley Some travel agencies even offer organised trips for big shows and festivals around Europe.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 11, 2017 02:27

Chorzow '98 was one of Mick's personal favorites, so I'm surprised/disappointed that the Stones haven't made Poland and other central European countries more of a habit. How many more times can they keep playing San Siro, Werchter etc.?

(A: It's the $$)

Date: February 11, 2017 10:06

DeanGoodman
Chorzow '98 was one of Mick's personal favorites, so I'm surprised/disappointed that the Stones haven't made Poland and other central European countries more of a habit. How many more times can they keep playing San Siro, Werchter etc.?

(A: It's the $$)

They haven't also played Italy for 13 years not so long ago. But you're right it's strange that they played seven shows in Belgium (which is also close to other stops) since 1995, one of which was visited by just 30.000 and two in the much bigger Poland.

Date: February 11, 2017 10:10

franzk
Monsoon Ragoon
franzk
Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
wickerman

Why not? I travel a lot around Europe and seen many shows in many different countries and always met a lot of people from other countires, way more than 10 winking smiley Some travel agencies even offer organised trips for big shows and festivals around Europe.

Yes. But you're one of the "madmen" (no offence intended). Otherwise you didn't even know this site. But the normal people, the 50.000 folks that are no big fans, but that fill the stadiums and field usually live in a 60 km radius around the venue. That's why the Stones played both LA and its suburb Anaheim in 2013 for instance. I actually was in Chorzow 98 (the audience tracks on the VGP are my tape) and felt like I was the only German person.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-11 10:48 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: February 11, 2017 10:33

No news of London gigs yet? Apart from the Australian radio competition offering as a prize tickets to see the Stones in London....

What do we think is a likely venue in London - Twickenham or Wembley?? Or would they go back indoors at the O2??

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 11, 2017 16:37

Hey there!

Stade de France seems to be a good bet. i just booked my hotel. Good luck.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 11, 2017 17:41

john lomax
No news of London gigs yet? Apart from the Australian radio competition offering as a prize tickets to see the Stones in London....

What do we think is a likely venue in London - Twickenham or Wembley?? Or would they go back indoors at the O2??

Hoping for the O2 personally but it's likely to be the new Wembley I reckon

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 11, 2017 17:55

If they stretch the tour till August they can end the tour in Knebworth, it's available on the 1st weekend of August.

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: February 11, 2017 19:25

They didn't play a single concert in Belgium between 1976 and 1995.
The reason why they played that much in Werchter between 1995 and 2014 is that Stageco is located in Werchter and from 1994 on, it was Stageco that builded all the different stages for the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-11 19:33 by bartfrombrussels.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 11, 2017 21:31

Rollin92
john lomax

Why would you want to be at a show indoors in summertime did you go to Hyde Park?

Stones on stage in the sunshine can't beat it.

Nate thumbs up

Date: February 11, 2017 22:40

Nate
Rollin92
john lomax

Why would you want to be at a show indoors in summertime did you go to Hyde Park?

Nate thumbs up

Absolutely loved Hyde Park but am a sucker for the O2 arena >grinning smiley<

Date: February 11, 2017 22:40

[/quote]

Nate thumbs up[/quote]

Absolutely loved Hyde Park but am a sucker for the O2 arena >grinning smiley<

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: February 13, 2017 00:10

I cant wait to hear some new Stones songs live... I hope!
I would bet, at least to start with, Mick will try to sell a few more copies of B&L

One thing is for sure, Get it while the getting is good!! if you can
The biggest regrets most people have are the opportunities not taken.

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: February 13, 2017 03:02

If they're to be on the road this summer, an announcement ought to be coming sooner rather than later.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 13, 2017 10:19

ThumpinJackFlash
If they're to be on the road this summer, an announcement ought to be coming sooner rather than later.

Last time they toured Europe the tour started in May and was announced in March.

Nate thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-13 10:21 by Nate.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home