Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 22, 2016 11:41

Nate
john lomax
Australian radio today (Radio 2GO, a regional station North of Sydney) advertising a competition to see the Stones live in London...

No date mentioned then?

Nate thumbs up

Reading Terms & conditions
The price is ;

A travel package for two (2) adults (both 21 years or older) to
see a Rolling Stones concert in London, UK comprising of:
o Return economy class flights for two (2) from the
winner’s nearest Australian capital city to London, UK;
o Return transfers between airport and accommodation in
London;
o Three (3) nights’ accommodation in London in a
minimum five (5) star hotel;
o Two (2) tickets to the Rolling Stones’ tour in 2017 (date
and venue TBC); and
o A vinyl Rolling Stones boxset.
One (1) Up to $7,850

[Prize Claim Date & Time: 3 February 2017 at 4pmb] ( so...then we'll know where/when the concert take place ? winking smiley )

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 22, 2016 13:39

Heaton Park in Manchester and Knebworth to finish off the european summer tour - 200,000 people get to see the Stones in England for what could be the very last time. Would be fitting. Scotland, Wales and Ireland dates would also be welcome.

I can dream.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: December 22, 2016 15:41

Nate
spunky
I'm planning to go to Barcelona as I've never been there and 2nd week of june sounds good to me.

You will enjoy it is a great place.

Nate thumbs up

2nd week of june in Barcelona would mean I would be attending the next shows in 30 days: Stones, Fogerty, Aerosmith, Van Morrison, Cheap Trick and Guns and Roses.
A dream come true... who said rnr is dead??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-22 15:43 by spain73.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: December 22, 2016 15:58

John Lomax: There are plenty of possible venues in London.
You've mentioned Twickenham and Wembley, but Emirates and the Olympic Stadium are frequently used for summer concerts. And you've got Hyde Park of course.

Personally I think they want to go for Wembley Stadium. They've got some unfinished business there after the 2006 shows was forced to be relocated.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 22, 2016 16:14

Love Twickenham. Wembley is too nice, for some reason. I have no intention of going to a festival unless it's in a nice cool place - how's Oslo in July?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 22, 2016 16:36

The Worst.
John Lomax: There are plenty of possible venues in London.
You've mentioned Twickenham and Wembley, but Emirates and the Olympic Stadium are frequently used for summer concerts. And you've got Hyde Park of course.

Personally I think they want to go for Wembley Stadium. They've got some unfinished business there after the 2006 shows was forced to be relocated.

Don't forget the Alley Cat although tickets might be hard to get.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: December 22, 2016 17:03

News on the possible austrian concert:

Cause there's only one possible date for a Stones gig available at the Rock In Vienna festival the austrian promoters offer an alternative location for a big Stones show: The area at the formula 1 pit in Spielberg, where The Stones already performed in 1995 during their Voodoo Lounge-Tour playing in front of 92.000 fans...

Whether it's Vienna or Spielberg - things look pretty good, that Austria will get its final Stones show spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.oe24.at]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 22, 2016 20:26

Tony Bennett is still out performing - at 90! Willie Nelson is 83 and still tours all year long. Stones are young whipper snappers! I have little doubt we'll see the 60 and Counting tour next DEcaDE.

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: December 22, 2016 22:42

BV always puts a fake rumour into his first list just to check if he himself is the source of a article in a newspaper or on a website.

So, which one of these is a fake rumour?

Rock in Vienna at Donauinsel Vienna Austria
Camp Nou Barcelona Spain
Stade de France Paris France
Voldsløkka Idrettspark Oslo Norway
Goffertpark Nijmegen The Netherlands

Posted by: martin0113 ()
Date: December 23, 2016 00:07

Heaton Park looks like it's on the cards

Date: December 23, 2016 00:16

martin0113
Heaton Park looks like it's on the cards

Why

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: December 23, 2016 00:45

DEmerson
Tony Bennett is still out performing - at 90! Willie Nelson is 83 and still tours all year long. Stones are young whipper snappers! I have little doubt we'll see the 60 and Counting tour next DEcaDE.

I shudder to think what Keith's SFTD solos will sound like by that time....

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: December 23, 2016 09:25

75,OOO outdoor capacity for Heaton Park. Pair that with Kebworth and 200,000 people in England are sorted. Knebworth shows are always usually in August so I wouldnt be surprised if any UK shows are left off Euro June/July tour and a few UK dates (with Ireland) are played in August.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 23, 2016 09:28

bartfrombrussels
BV always puts a fake rumour into his first list just to check if he himself is the source of a article in a newspaper or on a website.

So, which one of these is a fake rumour?

Rock in Vienna at Donauinsel Vienna Austria
Camp Nou Barcelona Spain
Stade de France Paris France
Voldsløkka Idrettspark Oslo Norway
Goffertpark Nijmegen The Netherlands

Vienna? (Why should they play Austria with just 8,5 million inhabirants again after just three years? They did the same in 2006 and couldn't fill the stadium, although the prices were quite reasonably then.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-23 12:30 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 23, 2016 09:58

drbryant
Love Twickenham. Wembley is too nice, for some reason. I have no intention of going to a festival unless it's in a nice cool place - how's Oslo in July?

The weather can be great, or terrible. 30C and sunny (like in 2014) or raining cats n'dogs with 15C.
The location is great. You can actually walk downtown if bus chaos.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 23, 2016 11:01

Festival shows can have a wonderful vibe of their own... but they can make for a very gruelling day.

Especially if the transport links & arrangements aren't as good as they ought to be.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 23, 2016 14:44

Anyone who know this festival in the north west of Germany?

Deichbrand Festival 2017
20.-23.07. 2017 Seeflughafen Nordholz

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 23, 2016 14:55

bv

Deichbrand Festival 2017

Maybe this helps: [en.wikipedia.org] (in English) - or the original german Wikipedia-article via [translate.google.com]

Line-up & other infos: [www.deichbrand.de] (in English)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-23 15:10 by Irix.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 23, 2016 15:02

bv
Anyone who know this festival in the north west of Germany?

Deichbrand Festival 2017
20.-23.07. 2017 Seeflughafen Nordholz

somewhere in the middle of nowhere: [www.google.de]

I guess you have reasons to ask about it (but I hope that won't be/come true…)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 23, 2016 15:16

I know where it is and all of that. I need comments from locals who live there, if it is a low-budget one in a hundred festival or if it is high profile large capacity and with high ticket prices.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 23, 2016 15:30

bv

I need comments from locals who live there, if it is a low-budget one in a hundred festival or if it is high profile large capacity and with high ticket prices.

That would rather be: Rock am Ring - [translate.google.com] - or Rock im Park: [translate.google.com] .

Other large Festivals are: Wacken Open Air [en.wikipedia.org] - or Hurricane Festival: [en.wikipedia.org] - or Southside Festival: [en.wikipedia.org] .

List of Music Festivals 2017 in Germany & neighbour countries: [www.festivalplaner.de] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-23 16:30 by Irix.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: December 23, 2016 15:31

A combiticket costs 138 Euro.
A comfort village iglu for 6 persons costs 999 Euro.
Placebo and Billy Talent are announced to play there in 2017.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: December 23, 2016 15:52

bv
I know where it is and all of that. I need comments from locals who live there, if it is a low-budget one in a hundred festival or if it is high profile large capacity and with high ticket prices.

This festival not very old and it's for young people. It just got bigger and bigger over the past years and you can read about it in the newspapers like Hamburger Abendblatt around the time it's happening.
They seem to hire more and more famous bands but nothing from the league of the Stones yet. I was once passing by a few weeks before the start of the festival and there is a huge field with the possibility to extend the festival ground with more tickets sold. I would estimate a 75,000 - 100,000 people crowd being possible there.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: December 23, 2016 16:15

Deichbrand is not a famous one with a history but certainly a good one to chill out. Partly Roskilde flair, and a bit of Indio as well. And directly at the sea what we love here in the North.

By the way, I am missing the christmas entourage on the Homepage...

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: December 23, 2016 20:37

petewasbristol
75,OOO outdoor capacity for Heaton Park. Pair that with Kebworth and 200,000 people in England are sorted. Knebworth shows are always usually in August so I wouldnt be surprised if any UK shows are left off Euro June/July tour and a few UK dates (with Ireland) are played in August.

Why would anyone want to go to Manchester to see them play?
There are many wonderful and interesting cities around Europe to stage a show Manchester is NOT one of them.

London is the home of the Rolling Stones and if there will be one show in the U.K. then it will rightfully be in London a city in a league of its own when compared with other cities in the U.K.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: December 23, 2016 22:04

August 5/6th is the only free (August) date in the knebworth calendar. The first three weekends in July are free as is most of June.(8-10 large venues just about takes it up to August 5th if they start in Austria as rumoured at the start of June). I agree they will probably finish the tour in the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-23 22:12 by carouslambra.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: December 24, 2016 10:41

eismann
Deichbrand is not a famous one with a history but certainly a good one to chill out. Partly Roskilde flair, and a bit of Indio as well. And directly at the sea what we love here in the North.

By the way, I am missing the christmas entourage on the Homepage...

This festival is organized by Scorpio who also do Hurricane, Southside, Highfield and more in Germany and Greenfield/Switzerland. Hurricane and Southside are the big ones. A high profile "management". I agree with eismann's description on Deichbrand.

Date: December 24, 2016 14:46

Nate
petewasbristol

Why would anyone want to go to Manchester to see them play?
There are many wonderful and interesting cities around Europe to stage a show Manchester is NOT one of them.

London is the home of the Rolling Stones and if there will be one show in the U.K. then it will rightfully be in London a city in a league of its own when compared with other cities in the U.K.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Its not hard to work out why people in England would go to a Manchester show IF they played there. Manchester is in the North of England. London is in the South...

Most major acts will now play both of these cities before any other in England.

As I said before, I can dream. Of course they will most probably only just play London, but there is no harm in wishing for other UK shows even if they do not come to fruition. The Stones after all have only played around 8 UK (non festival) shows outside of London since 1994!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-24 14:48 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 24, 2016 16:02

Could it be all shows will be on weekends? The "Avoid Laryngitis Tour 2017" aka "All Sold Out Tour"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-24 16:03 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 24, 2016 20:16

Monsoon Ragoon
Could it be all shows will be on weekends? The "Avoid Laryngitis Tour 2017" aka "All Sold Out Tour"?

Mick just can't sing anywhere where it's too hot, too cold, too dusty, too damp, too high up, too smokey, or smells bad.

I don't have to wonder whether The Stones say to the promoter: "Sorry, we didn't put on a very good show tonight, Mick wasn't in good voice. Here's some of your money back"winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1144
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home