Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Date: November 21, 2016 23:25

Nate
I have never been to Scandinavia so it would be great to make a visit and see the Stones play.
I have a childhood friend who lives in Oslo I have not seen her for about 30 years she is a musician.Sadly I found out this year that my friend has been crippled with blindness.
It would be great to visit my friend and surprise her with a Stones show I'm sure she would enjoy.

Nate thumbs up

Come on over, Nate thumbs up

PS: We will play.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: November 21, 2016 23:27

I have the feeling that 2017 could be the year that I will visit Norway for the very first time...
thumbs up

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 21, 2016 23:36

bv
There will be a new record size concert venue opening in Oslo, Norway during the first week of July, 2017. Up to now the largest venue in Norway has been Valle Hovin, a speedskating concrete field near Hasle. The Rolling Stones performet at Valle Hovin on Wed Aug 8, 2007.

The new venue "Voldsløkka idrettspark" has been approved by Oslo Kommujne (the town office) for a one-day festival during the first week-end of July 2017. There will be an event with one of the world largest acts, plus support.

Venue : Voldsløkka idrettspark
Capacity 60,000 people
Date : Saturday July 1 or Sunday July 2, 2017
Area: Nydalen, Oslo

Festival tickets in Norway are typically NOK 2,000 up so this would make a potential for NOK 120 million revenue i.e. 15 million US dollars. The orgnanizer Atomic Soul work with AEG Live so this festival will for sure be up for bids for a possible Stones show.

[www.dagsavisen.no]

[nab.no]

But do you have any info that's the Stones indeed? "One of the world largest acts" could also mean Guns N' Roses, Foo Fighters, Metallica or E Streed Band all of whom I guess will be on tour in Europe next summer.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 21, 2016 23:44

DandelionPowderman
Nate
I have never been to Scandinavia so it would be great to make a visit and see the Stones play.
I have a childhood friend who lives in Oslo I have not seen her for about 30 years she is a musician.Sadly I found out this year that my friend has been crippled with blindness.
It would be great to visit my friend and surprise her with a Stones show I'm sure she would enjoy.

Nate thumbs up

I will be there

Nate thumbs up

Date: November 21, 2016 23:50

Nate
DandelionPowderman
Nate

Nate thumbs up

I will be there

Nate thumbs up

Great!

Sorry, I didn't notice at first what happened to your friend. That's very sad. Didn't mean to be disrespectful. I was just so stoked about the news...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-21 23:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 21, 2016 23:56

DandelionPowderman
Nate
DandelionPowderman
Nate

Nate thumbs up

I will be there

Nate thumbs up

Great!

Sorry, I didn't notice at first what happened to your friend. That's very sad. Didn't mean to be disrespectful. I was just so stoked about the news...

No not at all no need to apologise.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 22, 2016 00:08

DandelionPowderman
slewan
bv
They could have played ten shows in Germany or even twenty no problem. But... they want to get around to different crowds of all ages. If they charged 250 Euro for a ticket in Germany there would be a riot. That is the difference.

there were not riots at Berlin's Waldbuehne (at least not in 2014)

Did they charge 250 euros for a GA ticket?

At the Waldbuhne there is no usual GA. It's a special location with special prices, e.g. 2014 about 200 Euro for a seat somewhere in the middle, better seats more than 200, VIP a lot more (I think it was 650), front of stage: can't remember, small area, very hard to get. Düsseldorf 2014: 2nd FOS about 150 Euro.

Date: November 22, 2016 00:27

Adams
I'm wondering who's bidding from Poland... The biggest concerts are Live Nation but do The Stones work with Live Nation at all?

There's also Alterart who are running two big festivals in mentioned time frame, one in Warsaw and one in Gdynia. Gdynia has open headliner spots on June 30th and July 1st only. Maybe 28th and 29th of June are ok too as sometimes they have two headliners per day/evening.

Open'er Festival, Gdynia 28th June-1st July:
28th June headliner main stage: Radiohead
29th June headliner main stage: Foo Fighters
30th and following: too close to Oslo (1st or 2nd July)
So I think no Stones, sorry.

Orange Warsaw Fstival:
Didn't find any details. The homepage says: "Coming soon!"

Date: November 22, 2016 00:33

I would love to see the Stones somewhere in Europe. I have toyed with different dates and pretty much all the Airlines I look at are around $1200 to $1500 to various locations.

Anyone have any hints to finding a cheap flight from the United States to Europe.

Date: November 22, 2016 00:39

jumpontopofmebaby
I would love to see the Stones somewhere in Europe. I have toyed with different dates and pretty much all the Airlines I look at are around $1200 to $1500 to various locations.

Anyone have any hints to finding a cheap flight from the United States to Europe.

Did you try www.google.com/flights?
JFK-Oslo June/July 638 Euro

Date: November 22, 2016 01:17

jumpontopofmebaby

Keep looking prices go up and down no need to book anything yet anyway.

Google flights and skyscanner are good sites to compare prices from different airlines I use them to look for prices but then I always book directly with the airline website.

Nate thumbs up

Date: November 22, 2016 01:33

Norwegian airlines have pretty cheap flights from the US to Noway/Europe.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 22, 2016 01:45

I'm concerned about ticket availability. Am I right that some festivals sell out before they announce who's playing? How's that going to work. I remember getting lucky paying 300 euros to get into Pinkpop. Seems it was next to impossible to find tickets with few scalpers. Not that I like that kind of thing, but I wasn't going to stand outside after all the travelling.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 22, 2016 05:07

Hope they play MSG - NYC

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 22, 2016 09:12

franzk
bv
There will be a new record size concert venue opening in Oslo, Norway during the first week of July, 2017. Up to now the largest venue in Norway has been Valle Hovin, a speedskating concrete field near Hasle. The Rolling Stones performet at Valle Hovin on Wed Aug 8, 2007.

The new venue "Voldsløkka idrettspark" has been approved by Oslo Kommujne (the town office) for a one-day festival during the first week-end of July 2017. There will be an event with one of the world largest acts, plus support.

Capacity 60,000 people

Festival tickets in Norway are typically NOK 2,000 up so this would make a potential for NOK 120 million revenue i.e. 15 million US dollars. The orgnanizer Atomic Soul work with AEG Live so this festival will for sure be up for bids for a possible Stones show.

[www.dagsavisen.no]

[nab.no]

But do you have any info that's the Stones indeed? "One of the world largest acts" could also mean Guns N' Roses, Foo Fighters, Metallica or E Streed Band all of whom I guess will be on tour in Europe next summer.

Or U2 which will tour next year. I don’t know which kind of info BV has, but I thought Gothenburg and Helsinki are mire likely this time around because they were left out in 2014. And if it's really just 8 or 10 shows, then probably not 3 of them in Scandinavia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-22 09:21 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: November 22, 2016 09:46

Monsoon Ragoon
franzk
bv

Capacity 60,000 people

[www.dagsavisen.no]

[nab.no]

Or U2 which will tour next year. I don’t know which kind of info BV has, but I thought Gothenburg and Helsinki are mire likely this time around because they were left out in 2014. And if it's really just 8 or 10 shows, then probably not 3 of them in Scandinavia.

As far as I remember, someone here wrote that Helsinki are out of question because the only stadium there is under reconstruction and they don't have big enough arenas.

Date: November 22, 2016 10:18

Monsoon Ragoon
franzk
bv

Capacity 60,000 people

[www.dagsavisen.no]

[nab.no]

They follow the money, and Keith has family here.

Date: November 22, 2016 11:10

bv
They could have played ten shows in Germany or even twenty no problem. But... they want to get around to different crowds of all ages. If they charged 250 Euro for a ticket in Germany there would be a riot. That is the difference.

You seem to believe it's kind of normal to sell 1 day festival or field tickets for 60.000 venues for 250 Euro. Well IMO this is not normal, actually it's perverted or at least absurd. It's possible in a few very rich countries, though. It would not even be possible in a Las Vegas stadium. - On the other hand: why should they play 5 or 6 times in East Europe if they can get the same for one show in Scandinavia...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-22 11:46 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: November 22, 2016 11:13

Monsoon Ragoon
bv

You seem to believe it's kind of normal to sell 1 day festival or field tickets for 60.000 venues for 250 Euro. Well IMO this is not normal, actually it's perverted or at least absurd. It's possible in a few very rich countries, though. It would not even before possible in a Las Vegas stadium.

He lives here. No, it's not normal - not at all. But that's how it is here sad smiley

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: November 22, 2016 11:48

franzk
Monsoon Ragoon
franzk
bv

Capacity 60,000 people

[www.dagsavisen.no]

[nab.no]

As far as I remember, someone here wrote that Helsinki are out of question because the only stadium there is under reconstruction and they don't have big enough arenas.

Ratina Stadion in Tempere.

Bruce Springsteen played in this stadium.

Date: November 22, 2016 12:02

MRAmandaJones
franzk
Monsoon Ragoon
franzk
bv

Capacity 60,000 people

[www.dagsavisen.no]

[nab.no]

Ratina Stadion in Tempere.

Bruce Springsteen played in this stadium.

Doesn't Finland have quite big festivals, like Ruisrock?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 22, 2016 13:16

franzk

There's Kantola Event Park In Hämeenlinna between Tampere and Helsinki, where AC/DC and Iron Maiden (among others) have played recently.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 22, 2016 13:43

Wondering where they will play in Holland...Surely it wont be the ziggodomesmoking smileyconfused smiley
Barcelona,Paris,London and maybe Hamburg woud be options for me.
Jeroen

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: November 22, 2016 13:59

corriecas
Wondering where they will play in Holland...Surely it wont be the ziggodomesmoking smileyconfused smiley
Barcelona,Paris,London and maybe Hamburg woud be options for me.
Jeroen

If they play in France, I don't think they'll play again in Paris.

They could play in the Festival Les Vieilles Charrues (Bretagne, in the West of France), but I don't think organisers have enough money...

I think that recent build stadiums owners could be interested: Lille (if no concert in Belgium), Lyon (if no concert in Switzerland and in the north of Italy), Nice (if no concert in the north of Italy), Marseille, or Bordeaux.

Date: November 22, 2016 14:13

If there's going to be max 10 shows tour I think that the reasonable scenario would be:
1 show in Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Finland)
1 show in eastern Europe (Poland, Czech Rep., Hungary, Romania)
1 show in Italy
1 show in Spain or Portugal
max 2 shows in Germany or 1 in Germany and 1 in Austria/Switzerland
1 show in Benelux or Denmark (yep, technically it's Scandinavia but logistically and marketwise it's closer to Holland, Belgium or Germany)
max 2 shows in UK
1 show in France

and maybe one odd place like Israel in 2014 (Russia, Serbia, Iceland etc.)

Date: November 22, 2016 14:25

franzk
If there's going to be max 10 shows tour I think that the reasonable scenario would be:
1 show in Italy
1 show in Benelux or Denmark (yep, technically it's Scandinavia but logistically and marketwise it's closer to Holland, Belgium or Germany)
max 2 shows in UK
1 show in France

That's makes sense!

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: November 22, 2016 15:36

franzk
1 show in Italy
max 2 shows in UK
1 show in France

Yes, I think we will see something like that.

Date: November 22, 2016 15:42

Here's a link to the norwegian festival. By clicking the button «KJØP BILLETTER» you'll be able to purchase tickets one day prior to everyone else, it says..

[www.oslosommertid.no]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 22, 2016 15:51

Monsoon Ragoon
bv

You seem to believe it's kind of normal to sell 1 day festival or field tickets for 60.000 venues for 250 Euro. Well IMO this is not normal, actually it's perverted or at least absurd. It's possible in a few very rich countries, though. It would not even be possible in a Las Vegas stadium. - On the other hand: why should they play 5 or 6 times in East Europe if they can get the same for one show in Scandinavia...

That is exactly what I am trying to say. When the bids are up they will typically choose from a list, and the method of selection is a mix of income, number of shows, different countries, new territories, and then they want something unique for recording dvd.

Bjornulf

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 22, 2016 16:43

DandelionPowderman
Here's a link to the norwegian festival. By clicking the button «KJØP BILLETTER» you'll be able to purchase tickets one day prior to everyone else, it says..

[www.oslosommertid.no]

Marcus and Martinius warming up for the Stones? Don't make any sense to me. The venue will be packed with kids 8-14 years. Unless they play on two different dates of course. But still it's too absurd to even imagine that those kids will perform on the same stage as the greatest rock and roll band in the world.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home