Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is it still possible to watch Live at the MAX in an IMAX theatre?
Posted by: Haecio ()
Date: June 9, 2016 05:54

Steel Wheels tour, live at the MAX, 1990. I've always wanted to watch it in IMAX since I found out about it when I was a kid. I wonder if it's still possible to watch this on the big screen and where/when/how. Thanks. smiling smiley

Re: Is it still possible to watch Live at the MAX in an IMAX theatre?
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: June 9, 2016 06:09

do they still have Imax screens. We had one in Perth and I was fortunate to see At The Max but that theater is long gone...

Date: June 9, 2016 06:17

Paulhanrahan
do they still have Imax screens. We had one in Perth and I was fortunate to see At The Max but that theater is long gone...

Would you mind telling me when was it?

Date: June 9, 2016 06:53

it would have been early 1990's

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 9, 2016 07:07

www.imax.com

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 9, 2016 10:28

Paulhanrahan

Isn't there still one of st Carousel Shopping centre?

Rod

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 9, 2016 10:54

I don't know. I saw it at The National Geographic Museum in Stockholm when it premiered. On a spherical screen and a massive sound-system. They have a new IMAX theatre in Stockholm now, in Solna, with a 22x11 meter screen and an Immersive sound-system 12.1. I must say that the IMAX-system didn't add much to the concert though. It's much better on nature documentaries and space films. Which are shown regularly at Cosmonova at the Natural Geographic Museum in Stockholm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-09 11:04 by Stoneage.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: June 9, 2016 10:55

Theoretically if enough people were interested we could hire one a arrange the screening.....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 9, 2016 11:20

Haecio

I wonder if it's still possible to watch this on the big screen and where/when/how.

Another possibility to watch it on a big screen would be the Live at the Max Blu-ray Disc in conjunction with a Full-HD Projector.

If Live at the Max was standardly filmed on 70 mm material then a publisher should make a new 8K scan (7680×4320 pixel) and should release it 1st on a 4K-UHD-Disc and later on again on the 8K successor.

Compared to the VHS release, the picture quality of the Blu-ray Disc is quite impressive.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-09 12:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: June 9, 2016 11:54

Sometimes at the "Geode" in Paris at the Villette, north east of the city, near "Zenith".

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 9, 2016 14:45

I saw "Shine a Light" on IMAX when it came out. Was excellent!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 9, 2016 15:08

I saw that film in IMAX at the Beacon in NYC when it came out. It was quite an experience. Wasn't quite the same seeing it on VHS at home. That was when I noticed all the spots where Mick's mouth didn't match what I was hearing, same with Keith's hands, etc...

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 9, 2016 23:37

Yes, HTF. "At the Max" was rehearsed, lip-synched and overdubbed heavily. That's no secret. They even made a documentary about the recording. The film didn't impress me. I got that artificial feeling about it.

Date: June 9, 2016 23:39

Some scenes were filmed in an empty stadium, no?

Date: June 9, 2016 23:46

DandelionPowderman
Some scenes were filmed in an empty stadium, no?

Yeah, I remember the documentary had scenes of them re-shooting parts in an empty stadium...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-09 23:48 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Date: June 10, 2016 03:22

Mabe Rod I don't get out that way

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 10, 2016 06:55

Tokyo Dome is better on Blu Ray.

Date: June 11, 2016 06:13

Thank you all for the replies.

Irix
Haecio

I wonder if it's still possible to watch this on the big screen and where/when/how.

Another possibility to watch it on a big screen would be the Live at the Max Blu-ray Disc in conjunction with a Full-HD Projector.

If Live at the Max was standardly filmed on 70 mm material then a publisher should make a new 8K scan (7680×4320 pixel) and should release it 1st on a 4K-UHD-Disc and later on again on the 8K successor.

Compared to the VHS release, the picture quality of the Blu-ray Disc is quite impressive.

It would be very interesting to see this recording in 8k, taking into account it was recorded in the early 1990.

Stoneage

Yes, HTF. "At the Max" was rehearsed, lip-synched and overdubbed heavily. That's no secret. They even made a documentary about the recording. The film didn't impress me. I got that artificial feeling about it.

I've noticed that by myself too, but not the empty stadium as some stated, because it always seems that the crowd is there every scene I try to analyse.

HonkeyTonkFlash

Yeah, I remember the documentary had scenes of them re-shooting parts in an empty stadium...

I've watched some documentaries about the tour, I guess it was the one held in Tokyo (which was indeed very interesting, showing thing I've wanted to see for a long time). Is it available on YouTube?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 06:30 by Haecio.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 11, 2016 10:45

Haecio

Is it available on YouTube?

Yep ....

Making of Live at the Max - Part 1:

[www.youtube.com]

Making of Live at the Max - Part 2:

[www.youtube.com]

Making of Live at the Max - Part 3:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 11, 2016 12:37

Haecio
Thank you all for the replies.

Irix
Haecio

It would be very interesting to see this recording in 8k, taking into account it was recorded in the early 1990.

Stoneage

I've noticed that by myself too, but not the empty stadium as some stated, because it always seems that the crowd is there every scene I try to analyse.

HonkeyTonkFlash

I've watched some documentaries about the tour, I guess it was the one held in Tokyo (which was indeed very interesting, showing thing I've wanted to see for a long time). Is it available on YouTube?

I don't think there are any scenes where you could tell they were in an empty stadium; you'd have to see the documentary to know that. A lot of overdubs and reshoots are obvious though in that singers's lips and player's hands don't match what you hear...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2016 23:32

The up close shots of Mick when he's 10 feet from the mic during Ruby Tuesday and Keith's intro to HTW where he doesn't play what's coming out of the speakers and various other closeups were done in an empty stadium.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 12, 2016 00:56

Watched it once and will never again.
Corresponds very well to Flashpoint.
Totally boring.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1129
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home