Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: TOUR MEMORIES: Tour of Europe 1976
Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 29, 2016 20:55

Thanks for the download but I Thing the last three tracks fom Stuttgart (Brown sugar, Jumpin' jack Flash, and Street fighting man) are actually missing which is sad for me because I attended that concert.

It would be a good idea to supply these three tracks or release them on Youtube. After all, it was the first Rolling Stones Stadium concert ever.

I was surprised by the quality of the movies and the synchronisation. Those who filmed the concerts must have been in the press section, everything is so very close.

At Stuttgart, I saw a professional cameraman filming from the audience but I did not notice if he only filemd bits and pieces or entire songs. Obviously that material has never surfaced (only a short excerpt from 'Honky tonk women' on TV).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 11:14 by saltoftheearth.

Posted by: sister ()
Date: July 30, 2016 06:08

peipin
[www.wetransfer.com]

only august 04
Thank you! Was 14 and not allowed to visit the Stuttgart concert those days!

Date: August 3, 2016 09:55

Thanks for the download but I think the last three tracks fom Stuttgart (Brown sugar, Jumpin' jack Flash, and Street fighting man) are actually missing which is sad for me because I attended that concert.

It would be a good idea to supply these three tracks or release them on Youtube.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 3, 2016 16:21

saltoftheearth
Thanks for the download but I Thing the last three tracks fom Stuttgart (Brown sugar, Jumpin' jack Flash, and Street fighting man) are actually missing which is sad for me because I attended that concert.

It would be a good idea to supply these three tracks or release them on Youtube. After all, it was the first Rolling Stones Stadium concert ever.

What comes to my mind first is July 4, 1972 - Washington DC, RFK Stadium but I'm sure that even this wasn't the first show in a stadium. They even played at the Zuiderparkstadion in The Hague around 3 weeks before Stutgart - so it wasn't by any means the first RS Stadium concert ever.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 3, 2016 16:52

silkcut1978_
saltoftheearth

What comes to my mind first is July 4, 1972 - Washington DC, RFK Stadium but I'm sure that even this wasn't the first show in a stadium.

Oakland'69? Waldbuhne'65?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-03 16:54 by dcba.

Date: December 14, 2016 18:47

I have to bring the topic up again because recently I listened to my digitalized, scratchy, noisy recording of the concert at Stuttgart, Neckarstadion, June 19, 1976. From what I heard through the audience noise it was the best version of Happy ever! Keith's vocals are top-notch, the guitars are crisp, the band was on fire!

An audience recording of the entire concert (not mine) is available on Youtube, so judge for yourself!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 14, 2016 19:06

The funniest memory I have of the '76 tour was my mate coming out of the show at Leicester thinking they played a new somg called " Hit The Geetar"..

..[Hey Negrita grinning smiley ]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 14, 2016 19:53

Great shows at Earl's court (first night and Knebworth............I remember dreaming Earl's court again that night......

I remember most of knebworth but not all..........................one thing I do remember from the following day, there were thousands of people who had camped out tryuing to get to London by train, from Stevenage station about midday, we were all squashed in really tight in the enclosed passenger footbridge over the tracks trying to get to the other platform - it was boiling hot and the clear windows above us were acting like a greenhouse...........well, everyone was smelling real baaaaaddd......especially the guy in front of me who's long hippy hair was just under my nose............I started wretching and............grinning smiley ..........this gap opened up around me like a nuclear bomb evaporating the clouds............

If you were the other bloke involved, I sincerley apologise.............tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-14 19:55 by EddieByword.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 15, 2016 10:30

saltoftheearth
40 years ago the Rolling Stones were touring Europe. What are your memories of this tour?

Pictures and stories welcome.

VERY annoying, that's what they are. Why ? Because the year was 1976, and I was in my second year at university. Black And Blue had come out in 1975, I was in love with the Rolling Stones, and in those days (waaaaaaaay before the internet age) .... you saw ads for bands' tours or one-off concert dates in papers like the Melody Maker or New Musical Express, and you sent off a postal order and an SAE (stamped addressed envelope). Well that's what I did in the spring of 1976, and lo and behold, was lucky enough to score a ticket for one of the Stones' six shows at Earls Court in May. And then ... DISASTER !! The university announced the schedule of second year finals exams, and mine fell on the exact date of the show I had a ticket for !!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh s**t !! I gave my ticket to my best friend and he went in my place.

However, I did catch up with the band on 21st August at Knebworth !! That was the first time I saw them live, over 40 years ago now ! Yikes !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 6, 2018 12:15

Just found this one:

Kiel 1976:

[www.rathausstrasse-11.de]

With 2 original radio reports (in German).
The comments are underwhelmed, to say the least...

Date: April 6, 2018 15:02

TooTough
Just found this one:

Kiel 1976:

Very interesting TooTough. To see some info from, what is surely one of the least covered stops of the Euro tour 76. The two reviews differ greatly - first one telling of a lackluster set with bad acoustics, the second one talking about a great show. Also 8000 people is a rather small audience.
What always gets me about the 75/76 tour is how different the two legs seem.

Posted by: HeartbreakerPL ()
Date: August 25, 2020 02:08

Anybody knows on which show this photo was taken?
GettyImages says that is form Earl's Court 01.05. But there was no concert in 01.05. smiling smiley

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: August 25, 2020 12:20

HeartbreakerPL
Anybody knows on which show this photo was taken?
GettyImages says that is form Earl's Court 01.05. But there was no concert in 01.05. smiling smiley

Just a guess, but I bet it's from May 21. That was the first show and the photo was likely taken by UPI, which Getty has the rights to these days. The press would normally cover the first show of the stand.

Strangely/bizarrely/coincidentally, the AP photo archive also has a picture listed as May 1 at Earl's Court.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 25, 2020 13:04

Palace Revolution 2000
TooTough
Just found this one:

Kiel 1976:

Very interesting TooTough. To see some info from, what is surely one of the least covered stops of the Euro tour 76. The two reviews differ greatly - first one telling of a lackluster set with bad acoustics, the second one talking about a great show. Also 8000 people is a rather small audience.

Interesting that it states that the boys came on just BEFORE 11pm in Kiel. A friend of mine who travelled quite a distance for the show states that they didn't come on until around 2am as Keith had difficulties either by scoring or he wasnae ready until then. Anybody else know the exact time they came on?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 25, 2020 16:51

MadMax
Palace Revolution 2000
TooTough
Just found this one:

Kiel 1976:

Interesting that it states that the boys came on just BEFORE 11pm in Kiel. A friend of mine who travelled quite a distance for the show states that they didn't come on until around 2am as Keith had difficulties either by scoring hor he wasnae ready until then. Anybody else know the exact time they came on?

Forgot about the exact time.

But I told about it before. Keith had problems and was in a bad mood.Somebody had to drive to Hamburg.

76 may not have been their best tour. But there was a funky feel about it and some of the shows were really good. Better than the boots for shure.

To me 76 was a very special tour for various reasons!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-25 16:56 by CousinC.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 25, 2020 18:42

MadMax
they didn't come on until around 2am as Keith had difficulties either by scoring or he wasn't ready until then.

Maybe he had tooth problem? There's a "famous" 76 picture of Keef onstage covering his mouth/jaw with a scarf and I think it was taken during a German gig.
You can look at it on the artwork of VGP-098.
[dbboots.com]

Heroin addicts had severe tooth infection.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 25, 2020 21:51

Kiel, new link:

[www.schulzeitreisen.de]

mp3 link #1 (in German)
[www.schulzeitreisen.de]

mp3 link #2 (in German)
[www.schulzeitreisen.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-25 21:59 by TooTough.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 25, 2020 22:41

I reckon this was from the Glasgow Apollo on 10th May, the first of three nights there. My first Stones show and this was definitely what Jagger was wearing that night. Had pro photographers in the box opposite me for the first few numbers and I suspect this was taken from there (the Apollo stage was too high for photographs from the floor). Seen other photos from that show.

Posted by: HeartbreakerPL ()
Date: August 26, 2020 00:12

It's not 21.05 or 22.05 for sure:

Glasgow? Interesting
It seems that this bootleg cover uses real glasgow photo.

On Getty page I found photos where Mick&Ronnie have same outfits, signed Earls Court 25 May,

Date: August 26, 2020 16:43

dcba
MadMax
they didn't come on until around 2am as Keith had difficulties either by scoring or he wasn't ready until then.

Maybe he had tooth problem? There's a "famous" 76 picture of Keef onstage covering his mouth/jaw with a scarf and I think it was taken during a German gig.
You can look at it on the artwork of VGP-098.

Yeah, but that was not the reason.

I saw most of the many German gigs and Den Haag.
I thought Dortmund was great. And I liked one of the Cologne shows and Den Hague.

Date: August 26, 2020 21:38

Btw.
A nice little memory from that tour.

Normally the Stones don't want their songs to be played before they come on stage.

Only time that did happen was in Den Hague.
Shortly before show time Crazy Mama from the "new album" was blaring through the amplifier.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home