Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How's SFTD done live this time?
Posted by: RnT ()
Date: August 25, 2005 15:54

Is the intro done by one of the guitarplayers? Or still piano? And do they still use that horrible clicktrack and fake percussion? Or is it more like 75/76?.
RnT

Re: How's SFTD done live this time?
Posted by: intv7 ()
Date: August 25, 2005 16:04

Charlie's playing the straight beat along with the percussion track, right from the start. When Mick sings the first line, you get a chord on the guitar and piano. It's a better start than it's been on recent tours.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 25, 2005 18:11

it's not a fake drum, judging by what I hear on the bit torrent download. Charlie opens with the drum, and I believe he is supported by a live player - possibly Bernard or Blondie. But, I don't hear that insipid electronic drum loop anymore.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 25, 2005 18:12

Thats what I hear too

Very unusual vocal. Mick sort of 'speaks' the opening verse almost like a monologue instead of singing it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-25 18:30 by Gazza.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 25, 2005 18:14

No, & the atmospheric percussion at the start is pretty well overwhemed once the band kicks in - again the guitarists on fire, Mick ditto, far less bombastic than '89 - '03 versions, & better overall than LYL. The band sounds natural & powerful.

Date: August 25, 2005 19:32

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's not a fake drum, judging by what I hear on
> the bit torrent download. Charlie opens with the
> drum, and I believe he is supported by a live
> player - possibly Bernard or Blondie. But, I don't
> hear that insipid electronic drum loop anymore.

It's there, but it's buried. I was at Tuesday's show and you could definitely hear it but Charlie was much louder.

The recording from Sunday doesn't really pick up the percussion track too well but I could pick it out because I knew what it sounded like on Tuesday.

Date: August 25, 2005 19:37

any chance what you're hearing (and heard live) wasn't a loop but a support player playing percussion? That's definitely what I believe I'm hearing....

Date: August 25, 2005 19:41

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> any chance what you're hearing (and heard live)
> wasn't a loop but a support player playing
> percussion? That's definitely what I believe I'm
> hearing....

Could be....I wasn't that close, but it sure sounded like the usual backing to me, just buried in the mix. I didn't see any extra percussion on stage. Those sounds would have to be made with full size congas which I probably would have noticed, but like I said I didn't have the bset view. Either way, it sounded good.

Date: August 25, 2005 19:43

right-o - whether real or memorex, this arrangement has a lot more "balls" to it than anytime in recent history...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1335
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home