Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 30
Re: OT: EURO 2016 - Prediction game and chat
Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 1, 2016 17:44

Netherlands Portugal had a very heated game at the 2006 World Cup; that was when some people still recorded on VHS; I watched that match repeatedly. Here is some of it on youtube: [www.youtube.com] It's called the Battle of Nuremberg, there are a few World Cup games where things have broken down.

You don't really see that happen too much in the Euro Cup.

[www.youtube.com]

------

They called one of those Denmark teams, maybe the '92 team, Danish Dynamite or TNT or something. I was looking for it, I know they were very good.

[www.youtube.com]

I finally gave away my collection of soccer videos because they took up so much room, I wish I could have posted them on youtube.

I had a black and white friendly of Spain playing Italy from the early '70s.

I had the 1980 Euro Final, Belgium vs. West Germany; that was good, the giant, W. Germany of course, won but Belgium put up quite an effort if not fully being able to catch up.

I had the Olympic match of the US vs. Italy in the Los Angeles Olympics in the '80s, that was pretty good and it did not have an announcer, it was just the game.

And the England Netherlands match from the '90s when England had John Barnes, I think Alan Shearer was actually injured and not in that match. Still entertaining. That was a draw I believe and England missed the 1994 World Cup.

A number of videos.

Date: July 1, 2016 18:07

If England in the Euro disgrace themselves, maybe Wales can show everyone how it is done. It's no reason to cheer against Wales.

Belgium has also always been one of my favorite international teams since when they had the Pfaffs, Cuelemanns, fine players.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 1, 2016 19:05

I'm going for Wales tonight, and it's their biggest game since Brazil beat them 1-0 at the quarter final of 1958 World Cup.

Come on Wales ! smileys with beer

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 1, 2016 19:08

I will support Belgium
come on you red devils (or white) !

Date: July 1, 2016 20:50

Today I really like both teams, best of to both.

Belgium has talent; so it won't be surprising if they come out on top. Belgium should be able to challenge anyone in the world actually.

They also have quite a tournament pedigree.

Wales is the underdog.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-01 20:56 by BroomWagon.

Date: July 1, 2016 23:53

Incredible, Wales! smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 1, 2016 23:57

What a great defence they had, and a fantastic all round performance by Wales. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 2, 2016 00:19

Congratulations to Wales ...... zero points again for me sad smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 2, 2016 00:19

DandelionPowderman
Incredible, Wales! smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Date: July 2, 2016 00:20

Well, now that is emotional and inspired football; I don't think they can be held back from the final.

Is there anyway that both teams in the next match can lose??

Iceland France, well, we saw another unexpected result today, you never know. They work hard to get that far.

Congrats to both teams for a good match.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 2, 2016 01:05

That would be something Iceland - Wales in the final.......

Date: July 2, 2016 02:33

Great game by Wales. Loved it. Same here - zero points for me; but I don't mind. Loved seeing Wales win. Can you imagine of they beat Portugal?
And if Iceland wins too?

Date: July 2, 2016 03:23

So I am hearing that some Wales players will not be able to play in the next match.

Aaron Ramsey, I caught that.

Then, someone said the player Davies can not play either.

So, read up if one wants to know more about the starting selections.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 2, 2016 07:19

well, what to say ?
that Wales deserved to win ? yes !
that Belgium was disappointing ? yes too !

and now Gentlemen, for the next game, will you welcome please Germany and Italy for what looks like one of the expected finals.

who's gonna attack, who's gonna defend ?
hope it won't be boring anyway !

Date: July 2, 2016 13:45

Those goals by Wales were well done. That 3rd one by Sam Vokes, looked to me like a 15 yard header.

I am hearing that Robbie Savage who played for Wales during his career and was a TV commentator for one of the networks, did concede that there should have been a Belgium free kick and the Wales player carded (which would have been his 2nd card and he would have been sent off) at that one point in the match when the score was still 2-1 Wales. I think that was around the 70th, 65th minute. One can watch the game replay.

So, that doesn't take away from the Wales win; it's just the way football is.

Lukaku certainly had a good chance. I've been watching the replay of the match, it is certainly one to remember.

Some of the Wales players I heard are actually Englishmen; which is interesting in light of the 3 Lions, England team's performance.

Today's match does seem even to me; though the oddsmakers and those making predictions seem to be picking one team more.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-02 13:51 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 2, 2016 14:02

Best game of the tournament and so happy Wales won. Now for another massive game tonight. Come on Germany.

Date: July 2, 2016 14:10

[www.thenational.ae]

Article saying the tactics for Belgium may have been wrong; worth reading.

That in no way, takes away from the Dragons (what the Spanish press has called the Wales team) performance.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 2, 2016 14:44

Well, the mohawk did his part and Fellaini tried his best. But players like de Bruyne certainly didn't earn their horns. And the defense was a mess.
Well done, Wales! Their second goal was a beauty. He had three Belgium defenders up on the stands buying hot dogs!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 2, 2016 15:34

BroomWagon
Those goals by Wales were well done. That 3rd one by Sam Vokes, looked to me like a 15 yard header.

I am hearing that Robbie Savage who played for Wales during his career and was a TV commentator for one of the networks, did concede that there should have been a Belgium free kick and the Wales player carded (which would have been his 2nd card and he would have been sent off) at that one point in the match when the score was still 2-1 Wales. I think that was around the 70th, 65th minute. One can watch the game replay.

Lukaku certainly had a good chance. I've been watching the replay of the match, it is certainly one to remember.

Some of the Wales players I heard are actually Englishmen; which is interesting in light of the 3 Lions, England team's performance.

Today's match does seem even to me; though the oddsmakers and those making predictions seem to be picking one team more.

That's not entirely right, Ashley Williams is half Welsh (mother's side) and English on his father's so he had a choice of which team to play for (if he was picked) ....Wales convinced him first.........

Date: July 2, 2016 15:38

Silver Dagger
Best game of the tournament and so happy Wales won. Now for another massive game tonight. Come on Germany.

About 300 yards across the valley from my place there's a dual cariage way which on a Friday night is usually chocka block...........I looked out of the window last night during the match, there were two cars on a 600 yard stretch of it...........

Date: July 2, 2016 15:42

I said it before the tournament. Belgium would never go all the way with that defence.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 2, 2016 18:37

EddieByword
Silver Dagger

About 300 yards across the valley from my place there's a dual cariage way which on a Friday night is usually chocka block...........I looked out of the window last night during the match, there were two cars on a 600 yard stretch of it...........

I think Wales can beat Portugal. Go boyos go.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 2, 2016 18:53

Silver Dagger
EddieByword
Silver Dagger

Silver Dagger, I think you are right, but hope you're wrong smiling smiley

But indeed it will very difficult for Portugal, without a single convincing game so far, to beat Wales.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 2, 2016 19:05

Portugal will play super negative defense and score once or twice through a counter attack.

Date: July 2, 2016 19:38

Silver Dagger
EddieByword
Silver Dagger

I think so too, although we are a couple of men down with Ramsey & Davies out.....let's hope Ronaldo's wild shooting continues........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-02 19:39 by EddieByword.

Date: July 2, 2016 19:40

Koen
Portugal will play super negative defense and score once or twice through a counter attack.

Only if they can get through Wales' super negative defence..

Date: July 2, 2016 19:41

EddieByword
BroomWagon

That's not entirely right, Ashley Williams is half Welsh (mother's side) and English on his father's so he had a choice of which team to play for (if he was picked) ....Wales convinced him first.........

Ashley Williams is one player.

All 3 of Wales' goal scorers were born in England so I guess it depends on how one defines Englishman. Those rules are spoken about per Rugby as well if one denies this.

[us.soccerway.com]
[us.soccerway.com]
[us.soccerway.com]

Robson Kanu is not even playing for a club currently they say; that's amazing, goal of the tournament for me. I guess his contract with Reading has run out.

[i.dailymail.co.uk]

The press is calling it a lot like Crujiff.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 2, 2016 19:45

Date: July 2, 2016 19:54

BroomWagon
EddieByword
BroomWagon

All 3 of Wales' goal scorers were born in England so I guess it depends on how one defines Englishman. Those rules are spoken about per Rugby as well if one denies this.

[us.soccerway.com]
[us.soccerway.com]
[us.soccerway.com]

Robson Kanu is not even playing for a club currently they say; that's amazing, goal of the tournament for me. I guess his contract with Reading has run out.

[i.dailymail.co.uk]

This is true, I didn't know who the others were so couldn't comment...I know how Ashley Williams feels all the same with all this comment on his nationalty, I've had it all my life....Father , Welsh with Spanish ancestors back at the time of the Spanish armada - (Spanish sailor, shipwrecked off Carmarthen - swam ashore, couldn't get back to Spain so shacked up with a welsh girl, - mother half and half and half ... winking smiley ...- Welsh / English / Irish.......then because my father was in the army, travelled the world with me being born in Benghazi, I spent a lot of my school days fending off the accusation that I was an Arab.........eye rolling smiley

ie. people (I'm not saying you)...have been saying "becasue he was born in England, he's English........that's just tosh........

If that's the case then half the Army brats in Britain are Chinese, Malayan, Indian, Arab, German, Jamaican, Cypriot.........etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-02 19:56 by EddieByword.

Date: July 2, 2016 20:29

EddieByword
BroomWagon
EddieByword
BroomWagon

[us.soccerway.com]
[us.soccerway.com]
[us.soccerway.com]

[i.dailymail.co.uk]

This is true, I didn't know who the others were so couldn't comment...I know how Ashley Williams feels all the same with all this comment on his nationalty, I've had it all my life....Father , Welsh with Spanish ancestors back at the time of the Spanish armada - (Spanish sailor, shipwrecked off Carmarthen - swam ashore, couldn't get back to Spain so shacked up with a welsh girl, - mother half and half and half ... winking smiley ...- Welsh / English / Irish.......then because my father was in the army, travelled the world with me being born in Benghazi, I spent a lot of my school days fending off the accusation that I was an Arab.........eye rolling smiley

ie. people (I'm not saying you)...have been saying "becasue he was born in England, he's English........that's just tosh........

If that's the case then half the Army brats in Britain are Chinese, Malayan, Indian, Arab, German, Jamaican, Cypriot.........etc

Fine, if one wants to make the case Ashley Williams is a Spaniard, one can make that case.

As it is, one can say, it be Paul McGrath or whomever, is that they were born in England.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-02 20:30 by BroomWagon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home