Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 30
Re: OT: EURO 2016 - Prediction game and chat
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 22, 2016 00:01

as an italian fan I should not be happy with the result but hey, it is really unbearable to listen to the tv comment during a game with spain, praising everything spain players do as something extraordinary, marvellous, unbelievable, even if it is the most ordinary pass, and even if, at least from the 55 minutes, it is already clear that it is croatia that has taken measures against spain tactics and control of the game, while spain has become each minute slower and predictable.

not to mention the penalty (the one not given)

soccer, luckily, is way more unpredictable than so-called experts think and croatia can win over spain and DO DESERVE that win

congratulations

italy now has the toughest 1/8 possible

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-22 00:08 by maumau.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 22, 2016 00:21

maumau
as an italian fan I should not be happy with the result but hey, it is really unbearable to listen to the tv comment during a game with spain, praising everything spain players do as something extraordinary, marvellous, unbelievable, even if it is the most ordinary pass, and even if, at least from the 55 minutes, it is already clear that it is croatia that has taken measures against spain tactics and control of the game, while spain has become each minute slower and predictable.

soccer, luckily, is way more unpredictable than so-called experts think and croatia can win over spain and DO DESERVE that win

congratulations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-22 00:26 by mtaylor.

Date: June 22, 2016 00:26

mtaylor
maumau

congratulations

Italy can beat Croatia if they know how to deal with the dirty Croatian tricks.
They do lots of dirty tricks and then show up with their slippery smiles.

Italy go for it, beat Croatia big times. I know you guys can be mean when necessary.

mtaylor in th 1/8 it will be italy v spain as we ended 1st and spain 2nd

problem is that i dont think it is very likely that spain will lose 2 games in a row

also they will be mad bcause they lost the game tonight
and more mad bcause they know they deserved to lose agaist croatia

so it is going to be tough for italy winking smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 22, 2016 00:44

watched the spain game tonight. david silva didnt get the credit he deserved for his part in spains goal despite being the best pass in the game, yet every time iniesta got the ball the comentator got excited about it, even when he gave the ball away which was more often than reported.

i really believe a lot of comentators report what they want to happen with players based on reputation rather than report what is happening.

spain got what they deserved which is a tough tie v italy. italy should feel hard done by, they won the group and should deserve an easier tie.

and germany should have scored about 8 today, was frustrating watch them miss so many chances, they would be better aiming wide of goal or aiming straight at the goalkeeper, and by the law of averages they might have hit the net more.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 22, 2016 00:46

That's what I call a great game to watch......Spain Croatia........

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 22, 2016 06:50

If I am not wrong, Italy or Spain will meet Germany in Semifinals and probably France in the final. It is a tough road, for both teams. The other part of the quarter finals looks easier to me

Date: June 22, 2016 08:26

buttons67
watched the spain game tonight. david silva didnt get the credit he deserved for his part in spains goal despite being the best pass in the game, yet every time iniesta got the ball the comentator got excited about it, even when he gave the ball away which was more often than reported.

i really believe a lot of comentators report what they want to happen with players based on reputation rather than report what is happening.

spain got what they deserved which is a tough tie v italy. italy should feel hard done by, they won the group and should deserve an easier tie.

and germany should have scored about 8 today, was frustrating watch them miss so many chances, they would be better aiming wide of goal or aiming straight at the goalkeeper, and by the law of averages they might have hit the net more.

i believe there must be some sort of body punishment for the commentator that dare say on tv that Iniesta is not playing like a God

last night on italian tv they were ridicolous, they were still praising Spain because every player keeps moving restlessly... when actually they had kept from doing so at least 30 minutes earlier :-D
and that was exactly why croatia was taking over, no matter what the clock of ball possession was saying

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-22 08:28 by maumau.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 22, 2016 09:07

andrea66
If I am not wrong, Italy or Spain will meet Germany in Semifinals and probably France in the final. It is a tough road, for both teams. The other part of the quarter finals looks easier to me
France in final ?
well it sounds sweet to my ears but I don't really believe it.
If we had to play against Germany, we would probably break our teeth on their shoulders, especially small players like Griezmann or Payet.

Italy seems stronger as a collective group.

The same for Spain even if they lost yesterday against Croatia.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: June 22, 2016 09:33

Croatia, there countrymen try to mess up the National Team, I don't want to go into that; and in the meantime, the Croats say, Oh, let's defeat 2 time Euro Cup winner Spain. Really wild. That match was one of those very amazing ones.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2016 09:41

Due to the fact that Spain and Germany didn't win their groups we'll have a pretty onesided finals scheme with all the big teams (Spain, Italy, Germany, England, France and so on)
on one side and the lesser (football-)nations on the other. The last mentioned side is, of course, easier to qualify from than the first.

Sweden will have a, as I see it, almost impossible task tonight in defeating Belgium. That's our only chance to qualify. A draw won't do it. But, as they say, hope is the last thing that leaves you...

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 22, 2016 09:41

Great game by Croatia, congrats! One of the best matches so far.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 22, 2016 09:56

Croatia played a clever game. Spain played more like they did in 2010 than the tournaments
that came after that. I mean, they find the other players with their passings, but have
trouble finding the goal.
I think Italy will have a chance against Spain. The defense will be even stronger than
Croatia's was. I think a penalty shoot out will decide if Italy or Spain will reach
the quarter finals (and Ramos will miss again...).

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: June 22, 2016 10:01

The goalie went far to early on Ramos penalty (which wasn't a penalty to begin with). And there were four Croatian players in the box before the penalty was taken.
Ramos should have had a second chance on that penalty. The referees didn't do their jobs.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 22, 2016 10:47

Swe - Bel 1 - 0 (Guidetti) smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: June 22, 2016 11:07

Come On
Swe - Bel 1 - 0 (Guidetti) smiling smiley

Put a thousand kronor on that winking smiley

Date: June 22, 2016 19:09

Nice kit, uniforms for the Portugal side.

They look determined today.

Hungary's are fine too, more of the classic style.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 22, 2016 19:34

That journalist's phone that Ronaldo threw in the water actually hit a pole and bounced back into the grass. smoking smiley

Date: June 22, 2016 20:15

wow it's boiling hot between Hungary and Portugal !
I like it when there's tension and you can't say who's gonna win
5 goals in less than one hour !
for the moment, Portugal is out.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 22, 2016 21:52

Where is the IORR mini-league? Or is it just me - was I kicked out or something? smoking smiley

Date: June 22, 2016 23:58

Congrats Ireland, I don't know if Italy was playing hard, they were putting up a challenge.

Tough matches; I heard Belgium scored, did not see that.

Date: June 23, 2016 01:01

I really feel sorry for Erik Hamrén. There will be a formidable shitstorm waiting for him tomorrow. The players can go on holiday. Hamrén will be the scapegoat.
Congatulations to Iceland and Lasse Lagerbäck by the way. Now Lasse can be the President of Iceland if he wishes...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 23, 2016 01:32

BroomWagon
Congrats Ireland, I don't know if Italy was playing hard, they were putting up a challenge.

Tough matches; I heard Belgium scored, did not see that.

Yep, cheers to Ireland! The Irish fans can really sing!

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 23, 2016 01:35

WE icelanders are of course over the moon qualifying from our group to 16 finals the only nordic side to do so this time. ! smiling smiley And we have lost NO games in EM finals, the ONLY country having done so.. smiling smiley ok I am quite big talking, but the atmosphere now in this country of 300 tho population
is amazing everyone going wild..

Date: June 23, 2016 03:44

Czech Republic came out largely without any punch again. They've been that way since Nedved left. So, it is easy to become discouraged seeing a team that doesn't seem to be able to get something going.

So, one finds positives in the good things they did.

Date: June 23, 2016 08:31

WE icelanders are of course over the moon qualifying from our group to 16 finals the only nordic side to do so this time. ! smiling smiley And we have lost NO games in EM finals, the ONLY country having done so.. smiling smiley ok I am quite big talking, but the atmosphere now in this country of 300 tho population
sincere congratulations to your guys !
nobody expected Iceland there and they dit it !

why not a big surprise in this Euro 2016 thanks to Iceland and.....Wales too ?!

Date: June 23, 2016 10:13

Wales, Croatia and Hungary won their group.
Never boring, this football.
And 6853, congratulations. Coming from The Netherlands, I know and respect the qualities
of the Iceland team. Good luck against England. Somehow, I got the feeling Iceland will
reach the quarter finals (but my predictions proved to be absolutely wrong most of the time).

Date: June 23, 2016 11:22

Congrats, Dyri – well deserved! thumbs up

Date: June 23, 2016 11:23

Stoneage
Due to the fact that Spain and Germany didn't win their groups we'll have a pretty onesided finals scheme with all the big teams (Spain, Italy, Germany, England, France and so on)
on one side and the lesser (football-)nations on the other. The last mentioned side is, of course, easier to qualify from than the first.

Sweden will have a, as I see it, almost impossible task tonight in defeating Belgium. That's our only chance to qualify. A draw won't do it. But, as they say, hope is the last thing that leaves you...

Didn't Germany win their group?

Date: June 23, 2016 11:25

RoughJusticeOnYa
Where is the IORR mini-league? Or is it just me - was I kicked out or something? smoking smiley

You're well-placed in fifth position, RJ smileys with beer

Date: June 23, 2016 11:28

I guess he meant Spain.
All 5 former world champions are fighting each other for one place in the final.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home