Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 30
Re: OT: EURO 2016 - Prediction game and chat
Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: June 18, 2016 01:17

Croatia were hard done by their countrymen, doofuses setting off flares. I doubt if that would have been a draw though the Croat clearly did commit a handball to give a penalty and I was for the Czech team, an 'iffy' tie. I hope they tighten up security.

Spain really running circles around people; looks like the best team there; we will see if France or some other team can take them on.

I'll bet we have some Cinderella team that goes far, it be Wales, Northern Ireland or someone else, they will put out a good effort. Hungary was very good in the 1950s as I'm sure many know, with Puskas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-18 01:18 by BroomWagon.

Date: June 18, 2016 02:21

Croatian Fans have a legitimate gripe though, clearly, they shouldn't do stuff like this flare throwing:

[www.dreamteamfc.com]

Other articles on the web about this.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 18, 2016 09:32

yes BW, difficult to say which "Little Poucet" or "Petit Poucet" or "kleines Poucet" will come and play the spoiler !

very interesting game this afternoon between Belgium and Ireland.
Each team has still a chance to be second behind Italy. There will be lots of tension in the air. The stakes are high.
So, good luck gentlemen.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 18, 2016 11:01

BroomWagon
with Puskas.

Yes, a legend

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 18, 2016 13:44

CO: Yes, all other teams have a chance to be second behind Spain.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 18, 2016 20:53

Congrats to Belgium, 3-0 against Ireland. Ireland still has the chance to qualify by winning against Italy in the last round. Italy is already qualified.
Sweden has to win against Belgium in order to qualify. Which looks like a tall order...

Date: June 18, 2016 21:05

Iceland had 1-0 against Hungary up and till the last minutes but was let down by poor defending. 1-1, end result. Hungary is probably through. 4 points after 2 games.

Date: June 18, 2016 21:53

Very important game coming up now, Portugal-Austria. Both teams desperately needs the win!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 18, 2016 23:30

Stoneage
Very important game coming up now, Portugal-Austria. Both teams desperately needs the win!
0-0 until now.
15-20 minutes to go.
Would laugh, if Portugal and Ronaldo miss this one.

Over - remained 0-0 and Ronaldo missed a penalty.
I am not mean, but Ronaldo's arrogance towards Iceland makes me laugh, hahaha. A bit more humble behavior from Ronaldo would be appreciated.

Sorry Portugal, you still have a good team and would deserve to proceed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-18 23:53 by mtaylor.

Date: June 19, 2016 00:10

mtaylor
I am not mean

Oh yes, you are smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 19, 2016 00:12

iceland is the only country never having lost a game in EM euro finals !!! smiling smiley
try to top that.!

( it is our 1st time we have qualified, have played 2 games and drew both 1.1. )

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 19, 2016 00:35

ronaldo deserves all he gets.

his teammates create over 20 chances for him in 2 games and he misses them all.

how anyone can consider him to be either no 1 or no 2 in the world is a joke,as his conversion rate is around 11%. at realmadrid he gets his goals cos his teammates create so many chances for him, he owes it to his teammates.

hes not a game changer, if real or portugal struggle he goes missing.

Date: June 19, 2016 00:44

he was angry after portugal iceland 1,1, and did not want to swop shirts smiling smiley

Date: June 19, 2016 00:54

real is much better than portugal, much stroner as a team, so he is struggling with portugal because he needs a special kind of support on the field.

Date: June 19, 2016 00:59

He's one of the most recognized persons in the world, the way Ali and Pele were the most recognizable faces at one point.

Now, Portugal will play Hungary, you have no idea how they might play; you can think, "oh, they'll come out and win" but that is what many thought about today.

For all we know, Portugal might somehow get through and play real well.

[us.soccerway.com] The tournament.

Portugal had about 29 shots on goal vs. 4 per Austria, I was looking at the stats; but oh well.

Date: June 19, 2016 01:09

we iceland (popultaion 300 tho) are totally on the side, celabrating two draws smiling smiley !

Date: June 19, 2016 01:20

Rolling Hansie
mtaylor
I am not mean

Oh yes, you are smiling smiley

I prefer stars that show nice gestures to others even if they are a big ones. Sorry smileys with beer But I know big egos have their bad times....drinking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 19, 2016 01:33

I'm not a real fan of Ronaldo....but I felt a bit of compassion grinning smiley

Date: June 19, 2016 07:19

now I'm on the verge to believe that Ronaldo is overrated from what I've seen during their first two games.
But Portugal has one last chance to show something else (like Belgium did) and we will see what CR7 is able to do. I think we can expect something from him.

Date: June 19, 2016 07:47

Someone was saying Ronaldo may have motioned to the player from Iceland something like "we'll exchange jerseys inside the tunnel". Anyway, people get upset nowadays if one is not politically correct; well, after that Iceland game, Ronaldo was probably upset and didn't act his best; yet, people are castigating him over this? I don't agree; yes, it was not sportsmanlike but he doesn't have a real track record of acting in such a way. At least from what I know.

Date: June 19, 2016 08:25

Football is a team effort. To expect Portugal, or Sweden, to win just because they have an international star in their team is a bit optimistic. One player can be decisive in the box but can't dictate the game on the field. And stars like Ronaldo and Zlatan tends to have a better backing up in their respective club teams. In order to win in the long run you really need a midfield star and a defensive star and one in the goal also. To back up the star striker (many stars there...). Portugal, without Ronaldo, is a mediocre team. Sweden, without Zlatan, isn't even that.

Date: June 19, 2016 09:59

Stoneage
Ronaldo and Zlatan tends to have a better backing up in their respective club teams.

Absolutely true, but how many of those do you need to take a penalty ? smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: June 19, 2016 10:08

Maybe someone to hold your hand before you take the kick? Just kidding! You're right, Hansie. A missed penalty is a missed penalty. Even for Ronaldo...

Date: June 19, 2016 11:18

a little thought for my team.
I hope we will show a better level of game tonight versus Switzerland.
We need to score 2 ou 3 goals.
It is highly recommended to win so that we finish first of group A.
It seems that Pogba will play which I regret cos he's not good and is overrated in France imo. Griezmann is just ok. Giroud is so so.
I still believe that Benzema and Ben Harfa would've brought something good to our team but unfortunately they have been pushed out by the coach which is a big mistake.
anyway, I hope we'll have a good show tonight.

Date: June 19, 2016 13:20

Stoneage
Maybe someone to hold your hand before you take the kick?

smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: June 19, 2016 22:00

France and Switzerland have had a number of draws in recent years, I'm not sure if France is that concerned with this game. Then, there is that, that France defeated Switzerland 5-2 in the last World Cup in Brazil.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 19, 2016 22:01

portugal is not a mediocre side without ronaldo. portugal created 20 chances in 2 games for ronaldo, if ronaldo wasnt playing, portugal would still have create 20 chances but for someone else.

ronaldo is the most overrated player in history, if hes the starman he wouldnt need a stronger portugal, he would be able to show the world how good he really was, but in reality, ronaldo scores plenty goals because of the chances created for him by his teammates who dont get the credit.

in my opinion david silva is better than ronaldo, he dosent need strong players around him to be able to create chances and spot incisive passes and to deliver the pass, the fact people admit ronaldo needs good players around him for him to be a great player sort of proves he isnt a great player.

he rarely crosses the ball well, struggles to pass properly at times and his scoring conversion rate is about 1/3 of what jamie vardy produced at leicester last season.

its time the media actually critisised ronaldo the way they do with everyone else.

Date: June 19, 2016 23:51

buttons67
portugal is not a mediocre side without ronaldo. portugal created 20 chances in 2 games for ronaldo, if ronaldo wasnt playing, portugal would still have create 20 chances but for someone else.

ronaldo is the most overrated player in history, if hes the starman he wouldnt need a stronger portugal, he would be able to show the world how good he really was, but in reality, ronaldo scores plenty goals because of the chances created for him by his teammates who dont get the credit.

in my opinion david silva is better than ronaldo, he dosent need strong players around him to be able to create chances and spot incisive passes and to deliver the pass, the fact people admit ronaldo needs good players around him for him to be a great player sort of proves he isnt a great player.

he rarely crosses the ball well, struggles to pass properly at times and his scoring conversion rate is about 1/3 of what jamie vardy produced at leicester last season.

its time the media actually critisised ronaldo the way they do with everyone else.

Maradona could lift the whole team and win championships himself.
A pity he ruined himself with drugs.

Date: June 20, 2016 00:06

Payet almost had a 3rd goal there but I guess he had to shoot high and over the goalkeeper, it hit the crossbar, bounced down, didn't go over the line.

Congrats to Albania for their first win in the Euro tournament, 1st goal too it sounds like in that tournament. I didn't see that one coming.

Albania will have 3 points and the announcer on tv said about a 50% chance of advancing. Group A is finished.

France 7 points
Switzerland 5 points
Albania 3 points
Romania 1 point.

An enjoyable tournament and of course, as many of us know, the 4 best 3rd place finishes advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-20 00:09 by BroomWagon.

Date: June 20, 2016 04:44

I read two books on Maradona, watched a movie on him; maybe even 2 movies. I have a big poster on my wall of him; it's not that I'm such a massive fan of his, it's that he really defines that era, he was larger than life.

But I think in the end, it is difficult to compare players. I appreciate them all.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home