Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick on new Brad Paisley record
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 13, 2016 23:51

I dont't know if it has been posted already, but here you go:

Brad Paisley’s New Album Will Also Include Mick Jagger
By Billy Dukes May 13, 2016 12:00 PM

Brad Paisley‘s next album will also feature collaborations with two classic rockers and a famous pop music producer. The country singer says Mick Jagger, John Fogerty and Timbaland also show up in various ways on his 11th studio album.

On Friday morning, he released his duet with Demi Lovato. “Without a Fight” features the two tied in harmony during a song that is about the good and bad of the fights couples have. During an interview with Taste of Country Nights‘ Sam Alex, Paisley — a Country Jam 2016 headliner — revealed the full album is collaboration heavy.

“Mick Jagger has a song on there with me that is gonna flip you out,” he says. “John Fogerty and I have been writing, and wait till you hear that. Timbaland, then Demi.”
Fans may recall Paisley opened for the Rolling Stones last June in Nashville, and Jagger has been spotted numerous times in Music City over the last year. Just last month Paisley tweeted with great enthusiasm about Fogerty’s debut at the Grand Ole Opry. As for Timbaland (producer and songwriter for Jay Z, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and more), he’s just looking to push his artistry.
“I wanted the collaborations on this record to be collaborations that took me outside of what you’d typically think and brought that other world into this, but it’s also very country,” Paisley says.

He is no stranger to collaborations. Some of his best include Carrie Underwood(“Remind Me”), Alison Krauss (“Whiskey Lullaby”) Dolly Parton (“When I Get Where I’m Going”) and Keith Urban (“Start a Band”). He says he’s been working on the album all spring. Next week he’ll begin his Life Amplified Tour, which will take him to Country Jam in Grand Junction, Colo. on June 17.

Read More: Brad Paisley's New Album Will Also Include Mick Jagger Song | [tasteofcountry.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-14 00:08 by BowieStone.

Re: Mick on new Brad Paisley record
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 14, 2016 00:25

Okay, let's wait and see.
Hope it's better than Mick's contribution to "what's his name"??? The guy from The Eagles.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: May 14, 2016 00:41

I actually dug his contribution on Cass County, harmonica part also was good, now as far as Paisley, saw him open for the Stones last yr, but I don't care for the plastic pop country hooky crap that comes out of Nashville...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 14, 2016 00:46

I think the riddle is solved Jagger was not in Nashville to work with Jack White last fAll but to record with Brad Paisley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 14, 2016 01:29

If the song is released as single it could be a good chance for Mick to get a hit song on the US Hot 100 and the Country chart, this guy is good on selling albums and singles.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 14, 2016 03:12

Brad Who? Jesus wept Mick..... Get a grip!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 14, 2016 09:40

BamaStone
I actually dug his contribution on Cass County, harmonica part also was good, now as far as Paisley, saw him open for the Stones last yr, but I don't care for the plastic pop country hooky crap that comes out of Nashville...

I like Paisley. And he's a great guitar player. I grew up with country music, my dad loved the classic stuff, but hated the 'plastic pop country hooky crap' too, you know, like George Strait. This 'real country' vs 'new' or 'pop' country elitism isn't a new thing, it's been around since Johnny Cash got his own variety show. Music is music, you like what you like.. drawing a line between what you think is 'authentic' and what isn't is just narrow-minded. Besides, some of these modern-day 'I'm-an-outlaw' wannabes like Eric Church leave me cold. I love Jamey Johnson, and can appreciate someone like Chris Stapleton for what he is, but then again Blake Shelton's Mine Would Be You is one of my favorite songs of the last few years, and that's probably what some may refer to as 'plastic-pop-country-hooky-crap', but it's a great song, period.
There's room for everything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-14 09:41 by stupidguy2.

Date: May 14, 2016 10:10

stupidguy2
'plastic pop country hooky crap' too, you know, like George Strait.

George is the greatest country star. You know, like ever. Nothing plastic or crap about him. He's got a massive catalog and not one stinker in there.
Eric Church is the real deal too. His last album might blow you away if you listen without prejudice.

There is so much great country around... Most people just want to keep on thinking it's all fake and they never actually listen. Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe, Kacey Musgraves, Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, Little Big Town, Jamey Johnson, Andrew Combs and a lot more... brilliant stuff.

Brad is one hell of a guitar player. His music tends a bit to 'bro country' lately, a genre I detest... but he'll get over that phase.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-14 10:12 by BowieStone.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2016 17:43

This is thrilling news...sad smiley

Date: May 14, 2016 18:42

BowieStone
stupidguy2
'plastic pop country hooky crap' too, you know, like George Strait.

George is the greatest country star. You know, like ever. Nothing plastic or crap about him. He's got a massive catalog and not one stinker in there.
Eric Church is the real deal too. His last album might blow you away if you listen without prejudice.

There is so much great country around... Most people just want to keep on thinking it's all fake and they never actually listen. Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe, Kacey Musgraves, Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, Little Big Town, Jamey Johnson, Andrew Combs and a lot more... brilliant stuff.

Brad is one hell of a guitar player. His music tends a bit to 'bro country' lately, a genre I detest... but he'll get over that phase.

I know George is great.. That's the point I was making. To my old-school dad, Strait was just a good-looking guy singing 'new' country, and this was the early 80s..
And I can't get into Church, I've tried, but too often it feels like a schtick to me - tries to be hard to be a badass while criticizing other artists for being 'fake country' (he's a prep school kid who was president of the golf club and had a wealthy dad - not that it should negate the music, but he could turn the attitude down a few notches and let other artists do thier thing)
And I know all the other artists you mentioned, they've become the country artists for people who don't necessarily listen to country, but they heard a review on NPR, hipster-approved. Still good artists though. Jamey Johnson is the real deal, which is why he willnever reach that level of commercial success.
And 'bro country'? Hank, Waylon etc.. sang songs about getting drunk, trucks and waving thier redneck flag back in the day too, so I don't get this trendy, smug aversion to it now.. I used to love the all-you-can-eat variety of country music..now people want draw lines. I just bristle at being told what Im supposed to like and not like. And I cannot stand elitism in music, not saying this is you, but from some factions in country music. I have strong thoughts on country music because it is part of my music history..

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-14 19:01 by stupidguy2.

Date: May 14, 2016 22:01

I listen to all sorts of country, I don't care about hipster approved artists. I can give some less fashionable names I really like: Maddie & Tae, Cam, Garth Brooks, Dixie Chicks, Alan Jackson, Taylor Swift even Kelsea Ballerini and Carrie Underwood.
I just listen and I like it or I don't.

No commercial succes for Jamey? His last 2 albums reached top 5 in the album chart.

Bro country is crap because it's poor songs wrapped in hip hop beats. Something that doesn't work for me. I saw Sam Hunt recently: appalling, 80% was on tape.
It's boy-band country. Musically dull. It works for 14 year old girls... good for them.
Thomas Rhett does an ok job, though.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 15, 2016 00:11

Of the new country singers, I love Margo Price. Nothing fake about her at all, and some killer tunes.

Date: May 15, 2016 04:46

BowieStone
I listen to all sorts of country, I don't care about hipster approved artists. I can give some less fashionable names I really like: Maddie & Tae, Cam, Garth Brooks, Dixie Chicks, Alan Jackson, Taylor Swift even Kelsea Ballerini and Carrie Underwood.
I just listen and I like it or I don't.

No commercial succes for Jamey? His last 2 albums reached top 5 in the album chart.

Bro country is crap because it's poor songs wrapped in hip hop beats. Something that doesn't work for me. I saw Sam Hunt recently: appalling, 80% was on tape.
It's boy-band country. Musically dull. It works for 14 year old girls... good for them.
Thomas Rhett does an ok job, though.

Jamey Johnson is successful, critically acclaimed, but I meant that he will never have the same kind of mainstream success of a Stapleton. Stapleton has more of a southern-rock-country thing and that's going to be more appealing to the west-coast-east-coast-cosmopolitan-country-sampler. JJ is almost too traditional, dark, and unpredictable to reach that kind of visibility, but I like him because of that. He really is an outsider, and doesn't brag about it.
I'm not going to defend the more crass bro-country, but I'm not violently opposed to its practitioners either. There's also something that bothers me about the criticism: the whole truck-beer trope is a real thing where I grew up, and its rooted in a blue-collar environment, and so when the criticism comes from outside,' there is an elitism that goes against the do-your-own-thing attitude of what real country' is supposed to be about, that independent, f*** spirit. If something is offensive because it denigrates women, gays or ethnicities, that's a whole other thing, and that's a problem in all genres of music, not just country.
Not going to defend a bad song, and I don't like the loops and synths..but as long as it has real guitars and drums, I'll give a chance. As for 'pop-country'...that's what they said about Dolly Parton when she crossed over, or Glen Campbell or Crystal Gayle, I'm sure there were those who said Buck Owens sold out by doing Hee-Haw...
But back to Mick and Paisley, I like it,sounds promising. BP is one of the good ones, and he's good with duets..here's one of my favorites, with that 'pop-country' darling Blake Shelton.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-15 04:58 by stupidguy2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home