Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT ( I hope) : What's the worst concert you've ever been to?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2016 02:26

Santana in the late 70's when he was under the influence of Sri Chinmoy .,...

They came on all dressed in white and it was all chimes and bell ringing ...
The whole place was dozing after about 15 mins .,..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz YAWN

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Anitapal82 ()
Date: June 26, 2016 11:53

Firstly. I love bob Dylan but. I have seen him 8 times in the last 15 years in Australia and abroad and each show its the same , he starts a song , the audience is bewildered , then a minute or so in they applaud when they finally figure out what song he is playing. Another was Bruce Springsteen in Melbourne about 2004 , 4 guitarists on stage all chopping wood, no solos at all, then during a crowd singalong Bruce berated the crowd for their lacklustre singing and the audience booed him ! We all know that no matter how bad the audience singing is , ( and it's usually bad) the singer has to say , " you were great Melbourne " . This reminds me of the great Chet Flippo quote from rolling stone magazine in 1978 " I would rather see the stones on a bad night than Bruce on a good night" But my worst ever was early 2000s in Melbourne Mötley Crüe supported by Motörhead in the barn that is Vodafone arena. I love these bands but Motörhead blew the crappy PA in the first song and the sound from then on was so bad , you couldn't recognise any song . My worst stones show and I have seen them 26 times was Sydney Olympic park 2005 or 2006 . My fault to have shocking seats , but terrible sound at a low volume , not seeing anything and listening to drunks sing tunelessly around me much louder than the band. and then being hassled by security as we moved around to look for a better sounding position . I have learnt my lesson though. If going to any concert you have to pay the money and be up the front to maximise your experience , so even if the show is bad you can at least see them clearly

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 27, 2016 00:54

BluzDude
Bliss
1. Eric Clapton

2. The warm-up band for the Stones, the Exponents.

What year?

(Clapton) 2009

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 28, 2016 13:19

The worst because the more disappointing: Rolling Stones Paris 2007...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-28 13:21 by powerage78.

Date: June 28, 2016 20:04

Anitapal82
Firstly. I love bob Dylan but. I have seen him 8 times in the last 15 years in Australia and abroad and each show its the same , he starts a song , the audience is bewildered , then a minute or so in they applaud when they finally figure out what song he is playing. Another was Bruce Springsteen in Melbourne about 2004 , 4 guitarists on stage all chopping wood, no solos at all, then during a crowd singalong Bruce berated the crowd for their lacklustre singing and the audience booed him ! We all know that no matter how bad the audience singing is , ( and it's usually bad) the singer has to say , " you were great Melbourne " . This reminds me of the great Chet Flippo quote from rolling stone magazine in 1978 " I would rather see the stones on a bad night than Bruce on a good night" But my worst ever was early 2000s in Melbourne Mötley Crüe supported by Motörhead in the barn that is Vodafone arena. I love these bands but Motörhead blew the crappy PA in the first song and the sound from then on was so bad , you couldn't recognise any song . My worst stones show and I have seen them 26 times was Sydney Olympic park 2005 or 2006 . My fault to have shocking seats , but terrible sound at a low volume , not seeing anything and listening to drunks sing tunelessly around me much louder than the band. and then being hassled by security as we moved around to look for a better sounding position . I have learnt my lesson though. If going to any concert you have to pay the money and be up the front to maximise your experience , so even if the show is bad you can at least see them clearly

Yeah thats my same experience with Springsteen: all those guitars, and not one defined clear sound. I did see him in 78, when IMO he was lightyears better.
But re. Rockamn's post: that makes me laugh because I saw santana in those same years, and although I have never been into that kind of thing, it has always rated as one of my greatest experiences. I do think it was the drugs though.

Date: June 28, 2016 23:43

Rockman
Santana in the late 70's when he was under the influence of Sri Chinmoy .,...

They came on all dressed in white and it was all chimes and bell ringing ...
The whole place was dozing after about 15 mins .,..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz YAWN

I have a dvd from that tour. A snoozefest indeed...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2016 01:06

Rockamn's post: that makes me laugh because I saw Santana in those
same years, and although I have never been into that kind of thing, it has always rated as one of my greatest experiences

But... But... Palace I love to be driven HARD ....REAL HARD
When I wanna relax I volunteer as the target at the local Bikies knife throwing night ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kishorcsog ()
Date: June 29, 2016 01:33

John Mayer opening for the Stones at Pinkpop in 2014, total bore.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 29, 2016 01:36

Valeswood
Rush - Moving Pictures Tour 1981. They were too good musicianship wise and may as well have mimed to backing tapes. Haven't seen them since.
They're musicians musicians...many of us couldn't believe you can actually do that with a guitar, or the drums. Once you got there you saw not only can it be done, but here's how...

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home