Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Radiohead new album
Posted by: alfstone ()
Date: May 8, 2016 20:26

One of the new songs in the last Radiohead album coming in just a few minutes....is called;

'Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief'

From Dandelion? Inspiration

can´t wait to hear it

Re: Radiohead new album
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 8, 2016 21:31

It's already here: [www.amoonshapedpool.com]

Haven't listen to it yet, but I'm very curious. I loved In Rainbows, but King Of Limbs was a bummer.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 8, 2016 22:08

alfstone
One of the new songs in the last Radiohead album coming in just a few minutes....is called;

'Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief'

From Dandelion? Inspiration

can´t wait to hear it

No.
[en.wikipedia.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 9, 2016 09:20

It is a dreadful dirge, the whole album. Why do they sound so bloody miserable all the time? There's nothing musical about it. To sound different, Yorke seems to think he had to sound in pain over a non melodic, non musical drone. God it is awful. No music when compared to OK...

Rod

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 9, 2016 11:39

Date: May 9, 2016 11:55

I listen to Radiohead because of the Greenwood brothers and Ed OBrien. I can not get into Thom Yorke. I hate his singing; he ruins R'ead for me. But the rest is so good.
I was surprised how much old stuff is on this new album.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 9, 2016 13:29

Palace Revolution 2000

What do you mean?

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 9, 2016 14:28

franzk
Palace Revolution 2000

What do you mean?

Some songs on there, like 'Burn The Witch' have popped up before (in concert for example) in different versions...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 9, 2016 17:26

Well, I for one think this is a great new one from Radiohead! I like how they are using strings and not just relying on the electronica. These guys are brilliant and continually push their music forward. Exciting!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 9, 2016 21:12

boring,boring boring music. well, not even music.
jeroen

Date: May 10, 2016 03:34

franzk
Palace Revolution 2000

What do you mean?

Well, a few of the songs have already been done in their liver shows. Others been done by Thom Yorke solo. And another they have already released.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 10, 2016 12:43

Heard it last night. Really liked it but boy, they are a bit miserable.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 10, 2016 13:13

Boring.
I like Ok Computer, In Rainbows and The Bends but in general this is boring and depressed music.

Date: May 10, 2016 17:00

A beautiful layered work. Somber and intense, yet mellow and beautiful. Very much space music. I love it.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: May 10, 2016 17:16

corriecas
boring,boring boring music. well, not even music.
jeroen
How exactly is it "not even music"?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 10, 2016 18:24

I can tell by the comments in this thread that I will probably like this new Radiohead album. I like dark stuff. I like experiments. I liked BOTH the last two albums. Artists have every right to express themselves as they wish, especially when they have gotten as huge as Radiohead has. They have nothing to prove; let them just be artists. That's what I love about Bjork, and a handful of others, and some jazz musicians.. It doesn't have to be catchy, turn-it-up, head-bobbing-down-the-highway bliss to be a good listen. Think David Bowie's Berlin albums... Nobody was expecting an album like 'Low,' but to me it stands out as one of his best.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 10, 2016 23:55

Just snobs

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 11, 2016 00:42

Tate
I can tell by the comments in this thread that I will probably like this new Radiohead album. Artists have every right to express themselves as they wish,
Think David Bowie's Berlin albums... Nobody was expecting an album like 'Low,' but to me it stands out as one of his best.

Couldn't agree more.

It's astonishing how angry people are over an album.
One day they'll understand how music can be approached.

Date: May 11, 2016 02:01

Bastion

Couldn't agree more.

It's astonishing how angry people are over an album.
One day they'll understand how music can be approached.

Well excuse me for not "approaching" music in the "correct" way.

I thought enjoyment, getting a feeling from it, gaining pleasure from it, thinking of and through it and liking the lyrical and musical content was "right".

I didn't know that I had to "approach" it by TRYING to find something I like in a record. And believe me, I have now "approached" this record many times. It is hard to find anything about it I enjoy. When I compare it to others that the band have produced, all of THOSE RECORDS not being mainstream either, I find I can't. It is a monotonous depressive pile of claptrap. I am glad others enjoy it. But for me, the ONLY enjoyable part of it is when it finishes.

I will admit the single track Glass Eyes remind me a lot of a poor, very poor, man's cousin to King Crimson's Formentara Lady, the opening track from their Islands album from 1971.

I will TRY and " approach" it again one day when I have, I don't know, gone to uni and taken a musical appreciation class or something,so I can " approach" music your obviously correct way. Sorry if I have a wrong opinion.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-11 02:20 by bitusa2012.

Date: May 11, 2016 02:30

There's no need to be so angry. I'm not a fan of the album either; doesn't mean "it's not music".

Date: May 11, 2016 03:27

To say this is not music is amusing. This is a complex, beautiful, and melodic album. A slow album in a fast paced world, that only some will slow their own souls to listen to. I for one am glad to slow down and soak in this cosmic rock. Love it.

Date: May 11, 2016 07:24

Bastion
There's no need to be so angry. I'm not a fan of the album either; doesn't mean "it's not music".

I'm not angry. I am astonished by your comment that one day they (I) apparently will understand how to approach music. I find this to be an incredibly pompous and generalistic response to any of us who have a differing viewpoint to you.

Rod

Date: May 11, 2016 10:42

My comment was directed at corriecas' "it's not music" expression.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home