Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
so fun video !!
Posted by: 199763 ()
Date: April 25, 2016 20:01

I really love this one...

Mick & Keith talk about their time living in Edith Grove

[www.youtube.com]

Re: so fun video !!
Posted by: Niek ()
Date: April 25, 2016 20:15

Great! See them so relaxed together bless my heart!smiling smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 25, 2016 20:17

A very rare thing to see them together like this.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 25, 2016 20:24

They are back.
Looks like things have turned around in
there relationship!

Now I'm even more excited for a new
Stones album.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 25, 2016 20:31

hot stuff
They are back.
Looks like things have turned around in
there relationship!

Now I'm even more excited for a new
Stones album

thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 25, 2016 20:42

That is so Spinal Tap smoking smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 25, 2016 20:47

that was very nice

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 25, 2016 21:37

Love it! smiling smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 25, 2016 22:45

I've seen these guys before in the local deli, nibbling slowly at their sandwiches, talking loud and gesturing wildly, bringing memories up from back in the day, one or two of the crowd missing a beat in the conversation because of age, hearing problems, being lost in their own thought about another time, place or whatever. And, considering my place in time, I am sure there are younger folk who think the same about me and my paisans when we hit the deli. For M and K, me and the paisans....

[www.youtube.com]

Stop by the pub tonight. I'll buy y'all a round.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 25, 2016 22:49

It is very sweet ... but they had no phone in that flat, so the LP they got their name from
must have been on the floor of the phone box that Brian made the call from :E

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 25, 2016 22:50

The bog! You learn something new every day!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 25, 2016 23:01

with sssoul
It is very sweet ... but they had no phone in that flat, so the LP they got their name from

Not only is it highly unlikely that there was a phone there, but the band was christened before they moved into Edith Grove anyway.
They played the first gig at the Marquee on July 12 1962 but didn't move into Edith Grove until September. Brian Jones was still living in Powis Square in July.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-25 23:31 by Deltics.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 25, 2016 23:55

This was a cool thing to do! Hilarious how Mick prompts Keith for everything hahaha What a great promotion idea... even though I've already been to the exhibit i still thoroughly enjoyed this smiling smiley

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: April 26, 2016 00:05

They've gotta be writing together again!

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: April 26, 2016 00:56

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Keith is priceless with the hand gestures etc. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 26, 2016 01:59

Lovely little video, that. Thank you for posting, 199763.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2016 02:49

Sweet 'earts tagether ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 26, 2016 03:12

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story" as Bill Wyman (and undoubtedly others) once said ;-)

Priceless video anyway and when's the last time Mick and Keith were "interviewed" together (just the two of them) ? 1977 ? Bodes well for the future !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: April 26, 2016 04:40

That was so great, Mick setting Keith up, and Keith hittin them outta the park.

"Manna from Heaven".... cracks me up.

That was such an awesome video, and fun to watch. :-)

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: April 26, 2016 07:35

Mick still thinks of Keith as being as shy as he was when they were children, in need of encouragement when speaking to strangers. When I met Keith's mother Doris she told me exactly that: "Keith was so shy as a kid that Mick had to take him by the hand!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-26 07:37 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 26, 2016 08:34

Deltics
with sssoul

Not only is it highly unlikely that there was a phone there, but the band was christened before they moved into Edith Grove anyway.
They played the first gig at the Marquee on July 12 1962 but didn't move into Edith Grove until September. Brian Jones was still living in Powis Square in July.

I like how Brian calls himself guitar,leader! No mention of harmonica. I would like to hear VideoJames comment on the video and offer his recollections.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 26, 2016 09:36

Wow that was flipping great. Put a big smile on my face. So nice to see them like that.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 26, 2016 18:15

Great!!!
I love how Mick's memory is really good when he actually cares. smileys with beer

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 26, 2016 20:39

Very nice!

They didn't mention Phelge, right?
Man, I could watch them talk like that for days and days... grinning smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 26, 2016 20:58

They don't seem to like loose ends. Tie up everything in a neat little Edith Grove box. They could barely eat, how they hell would they have paid for a phone, in the flat? At least they admit Brian named the band. Bill wasn't around yet to verify the details.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 26, 2016 21:33

See above, they didn't have a phone in Edith Grove.

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: April 27, 2016 01:36

DGA35
Deltics
with sssoul

I like how Brian calls himself guitar,leader! No mention of harmonica. I would like to hear VideoJames comment on the video and offer his recollections.

I have spent many years looking into the bands 1962 history.. I have spoken to various people associated with the band back then including Alexis Korner, Dick Hatrell, Dick Taylor, Andy Hoogenboom, Ian Stuart, Pat Andrews, Tony Chapman and Mick Avory among others.
The fact that they were on the phone when asked what is the name of your band at Edith Grove is impossible. First they moved into Edith Grove in August/Sept.62 after the first gig in July 62. Plus there was no phone at Edith Grove.. I have found the two phones #'s they were using in June and July 62. Both had nothing to do with 102 Edith Grove.. From what I have found from various sources was the name was taking from a line out of Muddy Waters track "Manish Boy". You have to admit the verse from that song it goes with the attitude they wanted to portray. Stu told me he hated the name and not everyone else in the band was happy with it.(more on that another time)
At least a week earlier then the gig on the 12th .Brian Jones told Alexis to tell Harold Pendleton what the band's name was so Pendleton could place the ad for the Marquee Club gig in the Jazz News and other papers.
Pendleton was not happy about booking the Rolling Stones that night. Thursday nights were popular because Alexis had built up a following so who would come see an unknown band.
Harold knew Mick Jagger already had a small following (name recognition) at the Marquee from when Mick join Alexis's band for a couple songs prior to the Stones July 12th gig.. So Pendleton added Mick Jagger's name in the ad before the Rolling Stones in hope of bringing in more customers. That's why the ad ran "Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones". Brian Jones was not happy about that (more on that another time).... The thing that surprised me even more about that July 12th gig was "Long John Baldry's Kansas City Blue Boys" were well known but took second billing!!! .That's all for now..

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 27, 2016 04:25

I think a few of us are missing the point. It's not about getting all the details right and most likely it's not done on purpose. This is how they remember it and of course you are going to get a few things wrong when you are talking about over 50 years ago. It's a miracle they remembered so much stuff anyway.
I was reminiscing things that happened 25 years ago with my family and we all remembered details slightly different or turned two events into one. That's just how the brain works. I thought two things happened on the same summer holiday but it turned out they were in two different years. Quite understandable to be off by a month or two when it comes to 50 years ago. Also these details are big occasions for us but for them it was just something that happened.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 27, 2016 05:09

I'm just happy they cut a vid tagether .... Now guys get back to the friggin' ALBUM ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 27, 2016 20:57

Lovely. I like that it shows that Keith, while supposedly the scattered, burnt out druggie, is actually the natural story teller here. Who can instinctively turn each random point into a little story; tie them together - and deliver an anecdote.
To me it came across almost like Jagger was interviewing ; no, not interviewing - more like igniting Keith along. Can not get a better word. Jagger would throw something out, Keith would roll with it for a minute. Remembering a phone in the 'Rolling Stones' story is good; it's part of what allows you to be the one who is going to write a 'Wild Horses', 'How Can I Stop'. Freedom from facts.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home