Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15
Re: R.I.P. Prince
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 22, 2016 01:18

Sad news. Heard it on the Dutch radio, driving home from work. Saw him live about 3 times in Holland. in the 80/90 s.
So young. Wondering what the cause of his death is. He was an unique artist.
He wrote some beautiful songs, like ..sometimes it snows in april.

Prince, Hope you have a good journey and thank you for the music and memories.
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-22 01:28 by corriecas.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 01:39

RipThisBone

You mean like death don't exist. Well each his own.

No, not at all. Death does exist. It's something we all get to face up front and personal. But that doesn't mean it has to be addressed through social media.

Some people still talk face-to-face or deal with death through very personal expressions that aren't to be found in tweets, selfies or instagrams.

If you don't get that, that's fine. No worries. Personally, I've seen enough death first hand for a few life times and I've never found that it was something that I wanted to tweet. In fact, I don't think I could process any meaningful expression on those who've died. I get why Mick might want to post on Facebook about Prince's passing, I also get why others may never do that. We don't know what Keith does for at least 22 hours a day on most days. Let's not assume that we do, when it comes to the death of Prince. That's all I'm suggesting.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: April 22, 2016 01:44

I really like his DVD Rave un2 year 2000. With Larry Graham on bass. Awesome

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 22, 2016 01:46

Well I just watched his Superbowl half-time show for the first time and it was fantastic. He was real, he was honest, and he really played. No lip-syncing nonsense.

For me Prince will always be the summer of 1982 and the Little Red Corvette video and lamenting for a girl in the fast lane that slipped away.

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: April 22, 2016 02:09

Stunned by the news.
His impact on music was massive and he will be missed tremendously.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 22, 2016 02:35

It is sad, of course. But this post from a Facebook friend made me laugh:

In his Prince tribute, Wolf Blitzer said on CNN, “All of us, of course, remember ‘Purple Haze’

Figured ya'll could use a little smile too. smiling smiley

RIP Prince...I was a fan back in the day, though I haven't listened to his music in years, until sadly today. However, I always secretly loved the movie Purple Rain.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: April 22, 2016 02:58

R.I.P gone to soon, Prince was brilliant musician,and his concerts were great too, I went to 4 concerts when he played in london at 02,21 nights, purple rain your music will live forever, rest in peace.Love & peace.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: April 22, 2016 03:01

next week’s cover, “Purple Rain,” by Bob Staake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-22 03:02 by Medzvel.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 03:01

You could win some bets asking people to guess which Stone discovered Prince for the others. Below from RONNIE:

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 22, 2016 03:03

latebloomer

In his Prince tribute, Wolf Blitzer said on CNN, “All of us, of course, remember ‘Purple Haze’

RIP Prince...I was a fan back in the day, though I haven't listened to his music in years, until sadly today. However, I always secretly loved the movie Purple Rain.

You gotta be kidding?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 22, 2016 03:27

shattered
latebloomer

You gotta be kidding?

[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 22, 2016 03:41

What a clown… smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2016 04:07

latebloomer

Wolf is such maroon,but yeah that made me smile.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 22, 2016 04:10

Thank you.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 22, 2016 04:16

New info suggests it could have been drugs related: [tmz.com]

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: April 22, 2016 05:37

Grew up listening to him in Minnesota in the 1980's and saw him live a few years ago in Tampa after I was blown away by his Hall of Fame solo on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps.''

Incredible, incredible talent ...

Which is why he is probably the most underachieving artist of all-time.

He could play all of those instruments so well, was such a perfectionist, some people called him a genius, and yet he produced such songs as "Let's Go Crazy'' "1999'' "Rasberry Beret'' and "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World?''

Even Morris Day was mocking "Let's Go Crazy'' in the Purple Rain movie and it was current then.

Speaking of Prince movies, anybody remember "Graffiti Bridge?''

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 05:57

Koen

Doesn't really matter what it is.
It's always going to be something.

Posted by: alexisjagger ()
Date: April 22, 2016 06:12

I can't @#$%& believe it. Today was a sad day!

Date: April 22, 2016 06:32

to say I am shocked and sad beyond belief is an understatement. one of the greatest musicians and artists of the last 40 years. I own almost everything he released. a pure genius

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: April 22, 2016 06:58

I can't express how much this blows me down. Prince!!!!!
He was my first serious musical crush. The reason I learned english so hard as i wanted to understand his words.

love you purple darling!

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: April 22, 2016 06:59

camper88
Koen

Doesn't really matter what it is.
It's always going to be something.

+ 1

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 22, 2016 07:36

I had a couple of friends at Berkeley Music school who turned me on to Prince - he was a musician's musician - great way of mixing fusion, rock, and funk into some radical recipes.

Peace to you Prince. Gone too soon.
smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 22, 2016 07:55

Chester
Incredible, incredible talent ...

Which is why he is probably the most underachieving artist of all-time.

He could play all of those instruments so well, was such a perfectionist, some people called him a genius, and yet he produced such songs as "Let's Go Crazy'' "1999'' "Rasberry Beret'' and "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World?''

Those are all great songs, so where is the underachievement? Few artists are capable of such range. That's what puts the Stones in a whole different realm, from doing a song like Dandelion, and then years later doing Miss You. Underachiever, wow, that's a word I can't even fathom putting with Prince. I'll bet he's got hundreds of complete songs in the vault that have never been released.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 22, 2016 08:15

I'm extremely saddened to hear of the passing of Prince. He was a brilliant performer and one of my favorites. The music world has lost an icon, and his "Purple Rain" movie was one of the best rock movies ever. I'll always cherish his great show in Buffalo in 1984 with Sheila E.

1. Let's Go Crazy

2. Delirious

3. 1999

4. Little Red Corvette

5. Free

6. Take Me With U

7. How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore

8. Dirty Mind

9. Do Me, Baby

10. Let's Pretend We're Married

11. International Lover

12. Father's Song

13. God

14. Computer Blue

15. Darling Nikki

16. The Beautiful Ones

17. When Doves Cry

Encore:

18. I Would Die 4 U

19. Baby I'm a Star

Encore 2:

20. Purple Rain

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 22, 2016 08:24

TMZ reported that they had a picture of him on Wednesday night at Walgreens in the parking lot. They said someone was in the store buying something and Prince was in the parking lot pacing back and forth sweating profusely. This comes days after he was rushed to the hospital by ambulance in Racine, Illinois after his private plane made an emergency landing after his final concert in Atlanta, Georgia on April 14. He was released after about three hours and he continued his flight back to Minnesota.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 22, 2016 08:32

The Sicilian
TMZ reported that they had a picture of him on Wednesday night at Walgreens in the parking lot. They said someone was in the store buying something and Prince was in the parking lot pacing back and forth sweating profusely. This comes days after he was rushed to the hospital by ambulance in Racine, Illinois after his private plane made an emergency landing after his final concert in Atlanta, Georgia on April 14. He was released after about three hours and he continued his flight back to Minnesota.

Prince

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 22, 2016 09:35

It's taken me until now to post anything, I've been so shocked. A true original, insanely talented, especially as a songwriter and crazy-good guitarist--he will be so missed. Such awful news. sad smiley

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 09:49

Really sad news and truly shocking. Prince had so much talent.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 22, 2016 12:31

I'm absolutely gobsmacked & speechless. 2 of my main idols (Bowie & Prince) gone this year. Both genius' in their own right. It's taken until now for me to write. I got the news late because I was in chemo when my friend texted me. Been up all night really sick. At least hopefully I'm good until August. This one hits pretty hard as Prince was only 2 years older than me. I got into him fairly early, started paying attention around "Dirty Mind". The interest grew & by the time "1999" came out I was totally hooked. Luckily, I got to see him several times, the first on the "Purple Rain" tour. Several memorable shows. The best one is one of my top concerts ever. I was in Vegas & surprise club shows were announced. This was before he did the residency @ the Rio. Tickets were spendy, $300 & I hadn't budgeted for it. So I said, I'll leave it up to the gambling gods. Immediately after that, I hit on a slot machine for $1000. I got on the phone & called the club. The show was sold out but somehow I was able to talk my way in. Turned out to be a 3 hour Prince/funk party. Incredible. RIP Prince, you won't be forgotten soon. A small consolation is there is a huge amount of finished material that has never been released. Hopefully we will get to hear the best of that now. I think just the live stuff, based on what has leaked in the past, will blow minds. Peace sad smiley

Posted by: Axel1 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 12:48

So shocked and sad, a true musical genius, in a world where that phrase is overused. Terrible news!!
Alex

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1931
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home