Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15
Re: R.I.P. Prince
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:01

Just listen.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:01

pepganzo
Not a big fan, but he was an Artist.
RIP

Stupid comment

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:09

whew I grew up in Mpls MN late 70's early 80's before during his rise-
MN loved him loyally.
In front of CNN following (I loathe this fake Caucasian woman running the info/tribute)
Absolute true genius.
Don't know what else to say. IMO, he knew he was sick/ why the piano only solo shows going back to essence, started his memiors last month,
I've shed a few tears.
This one hits home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-21 22:09 by 35love.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:22

Life is so precious. This is so shocking and terribly sad. RIP.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:24

desertblues68
I can"t believe he has gone. He was such a big part of my teenage years. Purple Rain and especially Darling nikki represented naughtiness and rebellion as my parents could not understand the lyrics. Saw him in Wembley in the early 90s, he was such a talented and original musician. RIP Princesad smiley

Damn. Quite a loss indeed. Nice post db68, I can only say I was much grateful for all the teen aged girls who related to Darling Nikki!

No matter if you were a fan of Prince or not you can't deny his immense talent and original and sex infused contributions to pop music. The guy could do it all, rock, funk, R & B, dance, write songs and perform with an infusion of all that which was mesmerizing and compelling. The guy was no slouch on a guitar. He was like a amalgamation of Jimi Hendrix, Sly Stone, Mick Jagger and David Bowie.

If you were lucky enough to watch the guy perform you immediately realized he genuinely believed in his art, he was no disingenuous pop player.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:33

I tried to post a video on my FB page but damn, YouTube doesn't have much of a selection. Prince must have controlled that.

Saw him on the Purple Rain Tour and yeah, it's up there with No Security, Springsteen in '78, and The Allman Brothers in 1970, as favorite concerts. So glad I got 5th row seats for my god daughter in 2005. Her first concert.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:39

Wow, so sad, what a fantastic talent.

My oldest son and his wife here in Atlanta had tickets fall in their laps last week for what turned out to be his final show. He said it was just Prince and a piano, no band, and was incredible.

I remember an interview with his drummer, telling about a time in the studio when he was struggling to get a particular beat right on a song. Prince pretty much said, "hey, hand me those sticks, I'll show you," and then sat down and played better than about 80% of any drummers out there! What a great musician.

RIP.

Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:41

Strange days indeed. It is quite sad whenever someone who had plenty more left to give dies before being able to. Prince was one of a kind, something that can never be replicated.

Shame that he died before he could start work on the autobiography he'd signed a deal for.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:50

@USC_Athletics
#RIP Prince, a Hall of Fame musician whose legendary guitar once echoed within the @lacoliseum.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:51

Cool......

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:52

A message from Mick:

I am deeply shocked to hear of Prince’s passing.
Prince was a revolutionary artist, a great musician, composer, a wonderful lyricist, a startling guitar player, but most importantly, authentic in every way.
Prince's talent was limitless. He was one of the most unique and talented artists of the last 30 years.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 21, 2016 22:58

24FPS
I tried to post a video on my FB page but damn, YouTube doesn't have much of a selection.

His first TV appearance: [www.flyheight.com]

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:10

San sad sad

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:16

Naturalust
desertblues68
I can"t believe he has gone. He was such a big part of my teenage years. Purple Rain and especially Darling nikki represented naughtiness and rebellion as my parents could not understand the lyrics. Saw him in Wembley in the early 90s, he was such a talented and original musician. RIP Princesad smiley

Damn. Quite a loss indeed. Nice post db68, I can only say I was much grateful for all the teen aged girls who related to Darling Nikki!

No matter if you were a fan of Prince or not you can't deny his immense talent and original and sex infused contributions to pop music. The guy could do it all, rock, funk, R & B, dance, write songs and perform with an infusion of all that which was mesmerizing and compelling. The guy was no slouch on a guitar. He was like a amalgamation of Jimi Hendrix, Sly Stone, Mick Jagger and David Bowie.

If you were lucky enough to watch the guy perform you immediately realized he genuinely believed in his art, he was no disingenuous pop player.

Thank you Naturalust for such beautiful words and thoughts. Listening and singing to Purple, his wonderful talent is such a gift to us all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-21 23:23 by desertblues68.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:16

I was a big fan in the 80s, but lost interest by the end of the decade. Too much music to keep track of, or something like that.

But my wife was a big fan. So I got us tickets for his show in Baltimore, after the riots there last year. He was beyond amazing. The singing, the dancing, the guitar playing, etc. As I told my wife during the show, he's the total package. It's hard to fathom the concentration of that much talent in one person.

He'd say, "I have so many hits. Which would you like to hear?" If you've got 'em, it ain't bragging.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-21 23:30 by ab.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:20

Cristiano Radtke
A message from Mick:

I am deeply shocked to hear of Prince’s passing.
Prince was a revolutionary artist, a great musician, composer, a wonderful lyricist, a startling guitar player, but most importantly, authentic in every way.
Prince's talent was limitless. He was one of the most unique and talented artists of the last 30 years.

[www.facebook.com]

Nice heartfelt statement from Mick.
Ronnie also paid tribute to Prince on facebook. He guested on Miss You by Prince or am I wrong?
Don't think Keith will pay tribute to Prince...

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:27

he did a live appearance on MTV during an awards show and did 'sign o' the times' that was BLISTERING. hope that appears again, it would be a wonderful tribute to his vision. great performer/show/showman. unlimited talent, somehow a combination of james brown, little richard, chuck berry, jimi hendrix, stevie wonder and the stones. glad i got a chance.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:31

RipThisBone

Perhaps not through social media, but one never know what happens privately.

Rightly or wrongly, some may feel that death isn't something to tweet about.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:42

Sorry if posted before but always loved this one.
Such a talented guy in so many different things.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:43

The only SuperBowl halftime show that was ever worth a repeat viewing.
Super Bowl XLI halftime show (2007)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:59

RIP another great one left us.......loved a lot of his records from radio........I must say I don't know much about him personally.....funny thing never saw a interview of him!!!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 21, 2016 23:59

A few years back some on IORR posted a video of Prince / 3RDEYEGIRL from London. Is that video still available ? Amazing !

Posted by: chop ()
Date: April 22, 2016 00:05

Strange bird. He was an incredibly talented guy though I always found his music to be lame and uninspiring.

Flu eh? Has to be something more to this.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 22, 2016 00:07

Cooltoplady
pepganzo
RIP

Stupid comment

Why in the world would you consider that a stupid comment?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 22, 2016 00:09

An inspired cover version of "Jack U Off."

[youtu.be]

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 22, 2016 00:09

camper88
RipThisBone

Perhaps not through social media, but one never know what happens privately.

Rightly or wrongly, some may feel that death isn't something to tweet about.

You mean like death don't exist. Well each his own.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 22, 2016 00:22

Shockingly sad news.

First saw him open for the Stones at the infamous L.A. Coliseum show '81.
Became somewhat familiar with all his '80's stuff via mtv, radio, etc., and didn't care much for any of it.

It wasn't until 10 years ago I saw him again live with my wife at a small club in Vegas the same night after a Stones show.
She's a massive fan so I reluctantly bought us tickets, and I was pretty much blown away by what a great show it was.
I joked to her that this time Prince blew the Stones away in reference to the '81 disaster of him opening for the Stones.
To see him and his band perform live was way better than what you hear on records imo.
We saw him again about about five years ago at Club Nokia, and for the last time at the L.A. Forum several years ago.

He made a fan out of me with his amazing blazing guitar solos and his all around energetic stage presence in a live setting.

Very sad news and he will be missed.
RIP Prince. sad smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 22, 2016 00:55

HomerSimpson
The only SuperBowl halftime show that was ever worth a repeat viewing.
Super Bowl XLI halftime show (2007)[/quote

*I am proud I come from the same place. I never made it to his club 'First Street' in Mpls. tho drinking age was 19 and easy to pass thru if made up with sexy effort into the bars and dance clubs early 80's- it was heated dancing in the clubs, mixed strong drinks. I got out and left, he stayed true and right.
He had deep soul.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 00:58

Wow. RIP.

Another legend departs. Awful news.

Rod

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 22, 2016 01:08

stanlove
Cooltoplady
pepganzo
RIP

Stupid comment

Why in the world would you consider that a stupid comment?

Actually I was thinking the same................"Not a big fan" means he loved some songs........... "but he was an Artist" means what he said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-22 01:30 by NICOS.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1404
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home