Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 26
Re: Rolling Stones Tongues
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 10, 2020 00:21

MisterDDDD

Anyone able to isolate and post as an image/gif?

Already posted here (previous page) - [iorr.org] - (17 Tongues).

All you have to do is the GIF-Animation by yourself - [RollingStones.com] .

Posted by: wakyrs ()
Date: February 10, 2020 20:58

This is my poster, made by me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-10 20:59 by wakyrs.

Posted by: wakyrs ()
Date: February 10, 2020 20:58

[subefotos.com]

This is my poster, made by me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-10 21:00 by wakyrs.

Re: 2020 Tour Posters and Fan Art
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 12, 2020 16:21

Nikkei
treaclefingers
Nikkei
treaclefingers
Nikkei
Well it's right here, if you look at the subject line. I don't see why it shouldn't just go ahead, but I made a promise I'd refrain from squabbles smoking smiley

I think the url halfnanker.org may still be available...

thred finisher is at it again

and is that you or me? I can't remember!

Not gonna get me squabblin, Treacles

love the drake.

Re: 2020 Tour Posters and Fan Art
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:29

treaclefingers

love the drake.

Metoo. I wish for him to return but I don't wanna coax him

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 14, 2020 03:42

IF they release a new LP this year... or next year... or in 2022 hopefully it will ot have the NO FILTER logo nor anything as horrible as the A BIGGER BANG logo.

It would be great if they put the original John Pasche logo on it and everything to do with it since it will be the last new release... supposedly.

Date: February 14, 2020 11:17

The original logo becoming a globally recognized brand over the years had a softening impact on it's perceived nastiness.
So at the risk of losing the last friends I may still have had on this forum I will share with you my streamlined attempt to bring the nasty back.

Date: February 14, 2020 15:36

Nikkei
The original logo becoming a globally recognized brand over the years had a softening impact on it's perceived nastiness.
So at the risk of losing the last friends I may still have had on this forum I will share with you my streamlined attempt to bring the nasty back.

The New Logo has become a globally recognized brand, not the original.

Date: February 14, 2020 16:13

I sort of knew you'd say that, but it's been de-nastified all the same

Date: February 14, 2020 17:14

Nikkei
I sort of knew you'd say that, but it's been de-nastified all the same

It can never hurt to show the original and the new logo...

The solution to pollution is dilution. Or so those pieces of shit at BP would like the world to think.

The nastiness of the tongue has been diluted by time and its presence on every goddamn thing they put out. Although I would've thought it more to be received as comical in 1971.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2020 06:43

ROCKMAN

Date: February 17, 2020 23:05

That is so sweet Rockman, especially seeing how one could have just as easily tweaked the hue a bit and rendered it into a turd. But seriously are y'all just too polite to post your thoughts on this?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2020 23:23

Just tryin ta push
your artistic skills Nikkie ….

ROCKMAN

Date: June 18, 2020 22:50

Extra Licks - [www.pngwing.com] .... winking smiley

Posted by: BluesManc ()
Date: June 19, 2020 14:17

Is it the most recognizable logo in the world? Certainly in the music world, it is. Maybe Apple would beat it these days. Still, that picture paints a million words.

Posted by: BluesManc ()
Date: June 19, 2020 14:22

Some lovely tongues there. It's practically poetic that they end up with this logo.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 19, 2020 14:59

BluesManc
Some lovely tongues there. It's practically poetic that they end up with this logo.

You should read the history of its making. In 1970 Marshall Chess, in those days fresh president of Rolling Stones records, came up with the idea of a nameless logo, inspired by the Shell Oil logo. Then Mick (J) showed a Kali image to young designer John Pasche, who created a bunch of them and the one, named by GasLightStreet as "the original" was inventually chosen. The "new" one soon after surfaced in the USA, again with the help of Chess, who managed to get his long time friend Craig Braun to do the job and, with the help of two very talented co-workers, Walter Velez and Toni DiMiceli, they came up with the world's most famous/powerful music artist logo ever.
smileys with beer
(By the way, welvome to this great site!)

Posted by: geoffc ()
Date: June 19, 2020 19:49

I'm surprised that rollingstones.com isn't marketing a Covid-19 face mask decorated with the logo? I think they're missing a trick!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 19, 2020 20:36

geoffc
I'm surprised that rollingstones.com isn't marketing a Covid-19 face mask decorated with the logo? I think they're missing a trick!

Been selling authorized ones for charity with a bunch of other artists marketed by Bravado.
Been touting them here for a while, I get thumbs up and compliments every time I wear mine. Good cause, great mask.

All proceeds from masks sold by Universal Music Group’s merchandise wing will go to charitable foundations supporting musicians through the pandemic.

Bravado, Universal Music Group’s merchandise wing and one of the largest music artist merchandisers in the industry, is selling face masks as part of a new charity initiative to support struggling musicians and industry workers amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the company announced on Friday.

The new initiative, called We’ve Got You Covered, started when the music company began giving out free masks to its employees following the start of government-mandated safer at home orders, and It has expanded to selling masks to the general public. Bravado handles merchandise for an extensive roster of musicians that includes Billie Eilish, Lady Gaga, The Rolling Stones, Ariana Grande and many other high-profile Universal Music artists. The masks feature logos from several of those artists, including Grande, Eilish, the Stones, Imagine Dragons, Tupac Shakur, Nas, Justin Bieber, Black Sabbath and Willie Nelson, and will continue to expand.
[www.rollingstone.com]
[wegotyoucoverednow.com]

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 20, 2020 13:12

Date: June 22, 2020 13:57

geoffc

Now that you mention it, I find it rather cool that they don't.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 22, 2020 23:01

The thing about the tongue logo is that many people look at it and it's just a tongue.

Date: June 23, 2020 04:29

georgie48
BluesManc

You should read the history of its making. In 1970 Marshall Chess, in those days fresh president of Rolling Stones records, came up with the idea of a nameless logo, inspired by the Shell Oil logo. Then Mick (J) showed a Kali image to young designer John Pasche, who created a bunch of them and the one, named by GasLightStreet as "the original" was inventually chosen. The "new" one soon after surfaced in the USA, again with the help of Chess, who managed to get his long time friend Craig Braun to do the job and, with the help of two very talented co-workers, Walter Velez and Toni DiMiceli, they came up with the world's most famous/powerful music artist logo ever.
smileys with beer

I didn't name it as "the original" - it just is.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: June 23, 2020 05:08

GasLightStreet
georgie48
BluesManc

smileys with beer

I'm still amazed that anyone can look at the Alan Aldridge design and not acknowledge that it is the original. Marshall Chess, Jon Pasche, Craig Braun and Ernie Cefalu are all good people I'm sure (I've met Ernie-very nice guy), but it just seems like a collective hallucination to ignore what Aldridge did and believe that it's just random coincidecnce. I think Aldridge must have been paid off, somehow, someway.

Date: June 23, 2020 05:14

shawnriffhard1
GasLightStreet
georgie48
BluesManc

smileys with beer

I'm still amazed that anyone can look at the Alan Aldridge design and not acknowledge that it is the original. Marshall Chess, Jon Pasche, Craig Braun and Ernie Cefalu are all good people I'm sure (I've met Ernie-very nice guy), but it just seems like a collective hallucination to ignore what Aldridge did and believe that it's just random coincidecnce. I think Aldridge must have been paid off, somehow, someway.

Because of this: who's design did the Stones use? It's just that simple.

Of course the one used for The Beatles is obvious... however, to my knowledge, no one has ever officially recognized it as so - and it indeed is what could be said to be copied for "the new logo".

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: June 23, 2020 05:17

Yes, precisely. They used Alan Aldridge's design.

Date: June 23, 2020 05:24

shawnriffhard1

Marshall Chess/Craig Braun logo is distinctly different from Pasche's logo and just a tightened up Aldrige.

Date: June 25, 2020 13:22

MileHigh
The thing about the tongue logo is that many people look at it and it's just a tongue.

thats what we call "face value"

Date: June 30, 2020 13:35

From [iorr.org] :

[www.BeautifulCrime.Gallery]

ROLLING STONES LIPS AND TONGUE
£ 65,000
John Pasche

Silkscreen, 12,000 sequins and mixed media on canvas
Unique original, signed by the artist
100 x 100 cm

"This is one of three unique original canvases created by John Pasche in 2010, original creator and designer of the lips and tongue logo (after Mick Jagger approached him to design it at the Royal College of Art in the 70s). John Pasche sold the rights to the logo in 2012, so these are the last remaining original canvases made by the hands of the designer who created arguably global music history's most popular rock 'n' roll image."

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 30, 2020 13:53

GasLightStreet
shawnriffhard1

Marshall Chess/Craig Braun logo is distinctly different from Pasche's logo and just a tightened up Aldrige.

Braun indeed said that Aldrige’s image inspired him. Hence the second white line in the tongue. He also incorrectly claimed that Pasche was also inspired by that image, but later on admitted his wrongbeing there. Walter Velez and Tony DiMiceli werd his supporting technical staff helping him to deliver the most famous image.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1683
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home