Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 26
Rolling Stones Tongues
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 21, 2016 17:50

Here is my tongue collection. Enjoy!

[www.wetransfer.com]

Post your tongues in this thread!

Here are a few samples from my collection:

Re: Rolling Stones Tongues
Date: April 21, 2016 20:10

[www.aliexpress.com]

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/38/26/35/3826356e40b796c5442259e735be6891.jpg

Beautiful Sexy Psychotria Elata Flower of Lips

As the frontman of the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger is famous throughout the world.
But its not just his talents as a singer which he is famous for. The musician is also renowned for his lips, which he often shows off during his trademark pout.
And if these pictures are anything to go by, it seems this plant is also a fan of the former bad boy of rock.

The unusual plant appears to feature large red lips, just like the Rolling Stones frontman.
With a scientific name of Psychotria Elata, this species also goes by the fitting names of the Hot Lips Plant, Flower of Lips or even Hooker's Lips.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

bUY SEEDS: [www.amazon.com]

DO NOT CLICK ON BELOW LINK IF OFFENDED BY INAPPROPRIATE TATTOOS:

Not appropreate tattoo tongue
[loltatz.files.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 21, 2016 21:05

75 another Rolling Stones Tongues: [www.iorr.org] .

Date: April 21, 2016 21:20

Rolling Stones rocker Ronnie Wood shows off his artistic side as he spray paints a wall in Sao Paulo

The Rolling Stones have been touring in South America.
And Ronnie Wood has been making the most of his time in Brazil, paying a visit to a vibrant area of Sao Paulo to meet with some local street artists.

Ronnie was here! The 68-year-old rocker put his own stamp on their colourful wall mural, spraying on the British band's famous lips logo, designed by John Pasche

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: April 21, 2016 21:21

Irix
75 another Rolling Stones Tongues: [www.iorr.org] .

Awesome Collection!

Date: April 21, 2016 21:35

more: [bygioia.com]

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 21, 2016 21:52

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 19:20 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: April 22, 2016 09:48

the Bigger Bang tongue was totally lame!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 27, 2016 21:56

Paulhanrahan
the Bigger Bang tongue was totally lame!

Yeah, you said it. Horrible!

Date: April 28, 2016 19:18

It's nice to have these Bigger Bans Tongues. Thanks!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 11, 2016 16:33

thumbs up

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 12, 2016 07:40

The original was done BEFORE Pasche got it....

The creator, Ernie Cefalu drew this one for me. Wanna debate who drew it? I'll find the letter from Shep Gordon that states that Craig Braun, the man who employed Pasche, ripped Ernie off on other occasions. Right now, the original tongue artwork is hanging in a Smithsonian museum. Think they fact check.....

Date: May 12, 2016 10:25

roller99

Right: the original was done (neither by E. Cefalu nor by J. Pasche) in the year 600 (CE) to depict the Hindu goddess 'Kali'. The topic "First designer of Stones Tongue & Lips logo" has already been extensively discussed: [www.iorr.org] .

roller99

Right now, the original tongue artwork is hanging in a Smithsonian museum. Think they fact check.....

Link please. This one also mentions 1971-1985 for Ernie Cefalu, while John Pasche drew his version already in 1970 in London, UK: [www.vam.ac.uk] .

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 12, 2016 19:02

I prefer Decca so...:::

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: May 12, 2016 19:41

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: May 13, 2016 15:28

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 13, 2016 16:21

Anybody have the acid tab one?

Date: May 13, 2016 23:01

Irix
roller99

Right: the original was done (neither by E. Cefalu nor by J. Pasche) in the year 600 (CE) to depict the Hindu goddess 'Kali'. The topic "First designer of Stones Tongue & Lips logo" has already been extensively discussed: [www.iorr.org] .

roller99

Right now, the original tongue artwork is hanging in a Smithsonian museum. Think they fact check.....

Link please. This one also mentions 1971-1985 for Ernie Cefalu, while John Pasche drew his version already in 1970 in London, UK: [www.vam.ac.uk] .

You should read more carefully. It says between 1971 and 1985 Pacific Eye and Ear, etc, etc. Ernie started PEE AFTER leaving the employ of Craig Braun. Craig is the guy he worked for when he created the tonue, that's why he has no rights to it, and as is normal in the graphic design world, the owner of the company claims all the rights. Read carefully below. The paragraph says nothing about The Stones. That was created BEFORE the period mentioned.

Between 1971 and 1985, Cefalu and the team at his Pacific Eye & Ear agency created memorable album cover illustrations, captured remarkable behind-the-scenes photographs and developed stunning posters for a who's who of the music industry. Clients included Earth Wind & Fire; Black Sabbath; Alice Cooper; Tony Orlando & Dawn; Canned Heat; Jefferson Airplane; The Bee Gees; Mary Travers; Quincy Jones; The Marshall Tucker Band; Iron Butterfly and Black Oak Arkansas, among others.

I find it remarkably funny that people think they know what happened, but they weren't there. Like everything printed on the internet is so true. Not only is Ernie a close friend of mine, but think to yourself, why would someone who has created so many famous album covers create a story inserting himself into something he had no part of? Risk your entire professional reputation on a falsehood? That is just crazy. Not to mention people like Alice Cooper, Ozzy, and many others who vouch for him. And this isn't on the internet. I've seen the letters from Alice's manager Shep Gordon stating that Ernie was the true creator of other art that Craig Braun tried to claim credit for. Alice is also a close friend of Ernie's, as are other rock stars, and Marshall Chess. Marshall knows who did what with the tongue.

Date: May 14, 2016 00:15

roller99

Read carefully below. The paragraph says nothing about The Stones. That was created BEFORE the period mentioned.

The quoted paragraph from the whole article says also nothing about that Ernie Cefalu has created his version of the Stones Tongue & Lips logo before 1971.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-14 09:05 by Irix.

Date: May 14, 2016 09:10

roller99

You should read more carefully. It says between 1971 and 1985 Pacific Eye and Ear, etc, etc. Ernie started PEE AFTER leaving the employ of Craig Braun.

We know that - nevertheless Ernie Cefalu worked on the Stones-Tongue from February 1971: [rockpopgallery.typepad.com] .

Done in 1971 - [www.iorr.org]

roller99

I find it remarkably funny that people think they know what happened, but they weren't there. Like everything printed on the internet is so true. Not only is Ernie a close friend of mine, but think to yourself, why would someone who has created so many famous album covers create a story inserting himself into something he had no part of? Risk your entire professional reputation on a falsehood?

No one doubts that Ernie Cefalu created his version of the Stones Tongue (in 1971) - but he wasn't the inventor.

If Ernie Cefalu is really the first designer of the Stones Tongue & Lips logo - why doesn't he simply sue John Pasche and the Victoria and Albert Museum (London, UK) which claim that the original logo has been created in 1970?

What's btw Ernie Cefalu's explanation why the Tongue & Lips logo as we now know it (used from the 1st north-american pressing of Sticky Fingers) looks very similar to the illustration which Alan Aldridge already did in 1969? Coincidence?

The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics - [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: May 14, 2016 09:14

Posted by: peipin ()
Date: May 14, 2016 15:27

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: May 14, 2016 20:16

Could anyone advise me on how to post a photo from a file in My Documents?
Thanks!

grinning smiley

Date: May 14, 2016 20:25

Date: May 14, 2016 20:30

swaymusik
Could anyone advise me on how to post a photo from a file in My Documents?
Thanks!

grinning smiley

You need to put the image online. I suggest a free Tumblr.com account. Once the image is online, then right-click and choose "copy image address" from the drop down menu. You just copied the image address. Then go to the bottom of the page on iorr.org and choose the photo icon (mountains and sun rise). Past the URL you copied of the image address in to the box created when you clicked the photo icon then click OK.

Date: May 14, 2016 20:42

Date: May 14, 2016 20:44

Posted by: peipin ()
Date: May 14, 2016 21:52

Only 2 artwork of this Lp is printed...

Date: May 15, 2016 11:05

Irix
roller99

You should read more carefully. It says between 1971 and 1985 Pacific Eye and Ear, etc, etc. Ernie started PEE AFTER leaving the employ of Craig Braun.

We know that - nevertheless Ernie Cefalu worked on the Stones-Tongue from February 1971: [rockpopgallery.typepad.com] .

Done in 1971 - [www.iorr.org]

roller99

I find it remarkably funny that people think they know what happened, but they weren't there. Like everything printed on the internet is so true. Not only is Ernie a close friend of mine, but think to yourself, why would someone who has created so many famous album covers create a story inserting himself into something he had no part of? Risk your entire professional reputation on a falsehood?

No one doubts that Ernie Cefalu created his version of the Stones Tongue (in 1971) - but he wasn't the inventor.

If Ernie Cefalu is really the first designer of the Stones Tongue & Lips logo - why doesn't he simply sue John Pasche and the Victoria and Albert Museum (London, UK) which claim that the original logo has been created in 1970?

What's btw Ernie Cefalu's explanation why the Tongue & Lips logo as we now know it (used from the 1st north-american pressing of Sticky Fingers) looks very similar to the illustration which Alan Aldridge already did in 1969? Coincidence?

The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics - [www.iorr.org]

Why would Ernie not sue Pasche? Because, Ernie has no rights to the tongue logo, as he worked for Craig Braun, and this is not how deals were made in the art world back then.

Marshall Chess was asked by Mick Jagger to create a logo for the band. Chess reached out to Craig Braun's company. Craig had one of his artists, Ernie, to do something. He came up with the tongue. He was paid $200, and that was the end of it. After Chess showed it to Mick, Mick felt there was something missing. Given that Mick owned the work having paid $200 for it, he gave it to Pasche, and Pasche created what everyone knows now.

Go and contact Pasche, he will tell you the same story. He and Ernie have talked about it over the years. You can talk to Craig Braun too if you want, but he'll just tell you Ernie didn't create anything. He went after me for an article I wrote that barely even touched on this subject, and I challenged him point blank to substantiate his story. He never replied to any of my questions. I'd be happy to post his rant here.

And yes, Aldridge did do something with a tongue on it, but so did Ernie. He did a label on a record called "Dolls Alive", which predated all of this. Ernie took what he did and modified it for the Stones. Oh, and who did he do this record for?....Decca Records. Confidence? How do you think Ernie's name came across Marshall Chess's desk? It was a suggestion from a Decca exec. Here's the picture of the record.

Date: May 15, 2016 11:08

When I interview Mick and Keith, I'm going to ask Mick, let's see if he remembers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-15 11:08 by roller99.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home