Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Wild Horses (New)
Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 22, 2020 18:11

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
Hairball
Easily the Stones' greatest ballad....

Hard to argue with that so I won't, but I will say that No Expectations is right up there with it!

With Back Street Girl right behind...

Love Back Street Girl ... but can't rank it up there w/ Wild Horses/No Expectations, I would put that in similar rank w/ Lady Jane (another great one!)

** edit ** and see you also said 'right behind' so yes, i would agree w/ that

** further edit ** Might put Love In Vain above all of them, but that is not a Stones original ... still their all time best ballad, if you call it that

Agree LP about Love In Vain, You Got The Silver rates for me too (this one is on the edge maybe for ballad qualifying I suppose).

WH has always just grabbed me start to finish and probably their best ballad for me thumbs up

Re: Track Talk: Wild Horses
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 22, 2020 18:59

Anybody Seen My Baby, Out of Tears , Blinded By Rainbows,and the greatest Letit Loose, featuring Jaggers best vocal

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: December 22, 2020 20:33

I remember very well the day I listened Wild Horses for the first time. I was not into the Stones yet, I was more into heavy rock. I went into a record shop and saw and offer of Unmasked from Kiss and Sticky Fingers, I bought both, went back to my house and played Sticky Fingers. When the needle of my turntable started playing Wild Horses, it was like a feeling like i was floating in the room, a feeling i was not used to feel with the music i was into at that moment.

A song out of this world.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: December 22, 2020 21:01

It took me four of five takes to listen to this song to realize how great it is. First time, it did not move at all, I thought it was kinda boring. Probably I did not expect such kind of thing from the Stones I thought at that time I knew - so I just abandoned it. Second time I did not get it either but it was performed live at the Knebworth concert which I loved a lot so I gave it third try. I think that was rather lyrics that clicked with me. It was like confession, so painfully honest, beautifully poetic and extremely personal. People love to discuss musical part of the Stones songs but what really moves me is the lyrics - I think the way the band talks to you through their songs, their language is really amazing. Wild Horses is a great example of this.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: December 23, 2020 15:16

Love this song...the only Stones song I know on guitar...

At one of the 2018 London shows (22nd or 25th May, can't remember) a girl walked by me with a dress with horses all over it, I asked her if they were wild horses, she laughed, she was super cute and I wished I'd asked her for her phone number!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home