Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 26
Re: Stones, Dylan and McCartney to play Coachella
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 25, 2016 00:43

Ket
For some reason I'm not really excited by this. It really is like too much, anybody else feel the same?

Yes. This doesn't look like much fun especially with that heat. Too many Rock-am-Rings in the Hinterland.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: April 25, 2016 02:53

Wow,cant believe so many people are down on this.

This is a dream lineup,count me in !!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2016 03:05

jaggerman

The whining has begun even before an official announcement - a new standard has been set!!!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 25, 2016 03:16

LOL! I think it will be huge fun!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 25, 2016 05:25

Hairball
jaggerman

The whining has begun even before an official announcement - a new standard has been set!!!

....and I'll probably end up going.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 25, 2016 05:31

I remember reading about the Benny Goodman quartet reunion tour in 1973 coming to Ravinia park, outside Chicago, and thinking that some day it could be Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Little did I know that it would be a major industry 40 years later -- and that I would be going to some of those reunion shows.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 25, 2016 06:35

If you're going to Indio, California, you're gonna see some rich-ass people there
In the streets of Indio, California, knighted people with black dye in their hair

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 25, 2016 07:10

Just watch the movie about the Monterey Pop Festival and catch a glimpse of Brian Jones. That was the real thing. But that big old clock keeps a turning.

Join the counterrevolution!

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: April 25, 2016 07:21

Send It To me
If you're going to Indio, California, you're gonna see some rich-ass people there
In the streets of Indio, California, knighted people with black dye in their hair

It took a couple of seconds for me to clue in to your reference but yeah, your probably right but there will be just as much black dye on stage.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 26, 2016 00:17

Hairball
jaggerman

Whining? I forgot. That's when someone has an opinion different than yours. Child.

Date: April 26, 2016 00:53

Rokyfan
Hairball
jaggerman

Whining? I forgot. That's when someone has an opinion different than yours. Child.

It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek...should have put a smiley face at the end. smiling smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 26, 2016 07:42

Ket
For some reason I'm not really excited by this. It really is like too much, anybody else feel the same?

Well everyone and their mother know that the Stones will throw out the same mash of warhorses for the usual silly reasons. Why bother paying for that? McCartney and Neil Young will definitely put on good shows. Too bad they could not have split the shows on both coasts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-26 07:43 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 26, 2016 12:27

I'd sell my left leg for a pair of tickets to this.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 26, 2016 16:27

Hairball
Rokyfan
Hairball
jaggerman

It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek...should have put a smiley face at the end. smiling smiley
Ok then, sorry I did miss the sarcasm. So many here do define whining as disagreeing, but I guess they usually misspell it whinging

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: April 26, 2016 23:27

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-26 23:27 by marianna.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 27, 2016 00:06

The Sicilian
Ket

Well everyone and their mother know that the Stones will throw out the same mash of warhorses for the usual silly reasons. Why bother paying for that? McCartney and Neil Young will definitely put on good shows. Too bad they could not have split the shows on both coasts.

McCartney, of course, has no warhorses, I can't imagine he'll play Hey Jude, for example . . . winking smiley

Date: April 27, 2016 00:39

Sure there's good reason to be tired of (fill in the blank)'s setlist, but there will be other performance's that will make it all worthwhile imo.
I think the charm and uniqueness of this event is to look at the entire package rather than dissect individual band's setlist.

Rolling Stones - Bob Dylan - Paul McCartney - Neil Young - The Who - Roger Waters.

Still hard to imagine all of these bands/artists on the same bill for a three day festival in this day and age.
Waiting on confirmation/official announcement, and then for tickets to go on sale. I'll do my absolute best to be there. thumbs up

Posted by: Paddy2008 ()
Date: April 27, 2016 02:06

Hopefully there will be day tickets for this. Stones, Dylan, macca, and Neil Young would do me! Seeing the who next month and meh to roger waters.

Date: April 27, 2016 03:17

Paddy2008
Hopefully there will be day tickets for this. Stones, Dylan, macca, and Neil Young would do me! Seeing the who next month and meh to roger waters.

I thought I wrote a post about that here, but found it in the North American tour rumours thread.

In response to an article that had the line-up dates possibly wrong which stated:

"just two acts per night: Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney on the first, the Rolling Stones and Neil Young on the second, and the Who and Roger Waters on the third"

I wrote:

Even though they're probably wrong, I kind of hope they're right regarding the schedule.
I've seen Paul enough times, and am not sure how well Dylan will go over in a massive festival setting.
I've seen him numerous times (and will again at the smallish Santa Barbara Bowl next month) so would happily pass on seeing him here.
I want to see the Stones again obviously, and I want to see Neil again no doubt, so Saturday would be THE night to be at.
I kind of want to see Roger Waters again, and even less The Who (seen them more than enough by now) - but will tolerate them one more time if I have to. smiling smiley

The question is - do they sell tickets for individual nights?

I haven't been to a multi-day festival since US 83 (survived all three days)and don't recall how that was sold - individual days, all three as a discounted package, or both options.

Date: April 27, 2016 05:24

Yes, they sell rickets for individual days. (It's possible that this event might be different, I guess, but I doubt it.)

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 27, 2016 07:52

Aquamarine
Yes, they sell rickets for individual days. (It's possible that this event might be different, I guess, but I doubt it.)

For the actual Coachella they haven't sold single day tickets since 2009.

Date: April 27, 2016 08:06

Dan
Aquamarine

For the actual Coachella they haven't sold single day tickets since 2009.

I haven't been since before that, so I stand corrected, sorry! (Odd, though, nearly every other festival does.)

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 27, 2016 13:54

72hotrocks
I feel like I would much rather see the Stones at their own,stand alone show.
Living in Southern California I hope I won't have to go too far to do so should they tour this year.Cochilla presumably would negate an LA area show?

Similarly,I would love to see McCartney again,just not in that horrible sea of ****s in the desert.
Thankfully,I saw a wonderful Neil Young show in a small venue last year.Fantastic.
Dylan again at same small place soon.
For what I am imagining this will cost,I would prefer to see each of these acts in smaller settings(i know half play stadiums) as single-focus acts.I feel that festivals,while great fun,take away from the music because it is a different 'gestalt'

Sincerely,
Grumpy Old Man
(get off my lawn)

I agree.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 27, 2016 14:15

Ket

I do. I'm a very fit 63 but yes, it's just too much. I'd way rather see the Stones and Paul SEPARATELY.

Date: April 27, 2016 17:13

steffialicia
72hotrocks
I feel like I would much rather see the Stones at their own,stand alone show.
Living in Southern California I hope I won't have to go too far to do so should they tour this year.Cochilla presumably would negate an LA area show?

Similarly,I would love to see McCartney again,just not in that horrible sea of ****s in the desert.
Thankfully,I saw a wonderful Neil Young show in a small venue last year.Fantastic.
Dylan again at same small place soon.
For what I am imagining this will cost,I would prefer to see each of these acts in smaller settings(i know half play stadiums) as single-focus acts.I feel that festivals,while great fun,take away from the music because it is a different 'gestalt'

Sincerely,
Grumpy Old Man
(get off my lawn)

I agree.

I also agree with seeing the Stones (or Paul, or Neil, or Bob, etc.)as a stand alone show as probably many others here do as well.
But as you say, festivals can be fun, though I haven't been to one since '83 so perhaps my judgment is blurred! While I have my hesitations regarding this desert fest, with a lineup like this any doubts are pushed aside. Staying in a decent hotel rather than camping in a tent or sharing an RV with six others (which I experienced) helps the matter. And at this point you sort of take what you can get with the Stones....or you leave it. It should be one for the ages, and one that will likely never happen again - definitely not with the same lineup that will (hopefully) happen here.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 27, 2016 20:43

I understand how people could get excited about this if you've never seen any of them or any of them in awhile. But as someone thats seen all except Dylan, this lineup does nothing for me beyond it being "cool". I would never want to attend this.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 27, 2016 23:00

Some of the greatest Stones events since 2012 have been festivals like Glastonbury, Roskilde, Rock in Rio Lisbon. Add a few brand new songs from the expected 2016 Stones album and I will be perfectly happy at the fall time Coachella in Southern California. Just keep the fall open, that's all I am saying.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 28, 2016 00:17

Completely agree BV.

I play the Glastonbury gig all the time when not much on TV.

I never get tired of watching it. smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 28, 2016 01:30

Great! So this year the kids can take their grandparents to the festival?

Date: April 28, 2016 11:58

Stoneage
Great! So this year the kids can take their grandparents to the festival?

Since these acts still play their share of festivals, I reckon the kids are used to doing that smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home