Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 26
Re: Stones, Dylan and McCartney to play Coachella
Posted by: laurel ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:05

After 3 hours, my w2 walking man has finally crossed the halfway point. He's got blisters and I got nothing. Most of what I could afford is sold out. I'm about to give up here!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:06

We were able to get an inexpensive hotel room in Banning, also rooms available in Beaumont, both nearby for the 14th.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:35

laurel
After 3 hours, my w2 walking man has finally crossed the halfway point. He's got blisters and I got nothing. Most of what I could afford is sold out. I'm about to give up here!

Don't give up. Remember, each person has 10 minutes to access the 'buy' page, then another 10 to purchase. So 20 minutes per person x many thousands = wait.

Besides orders get cancelled due to bad credit cards, wrong addresses, etc

Also, the promoters could be staggering the distribution, so you never know.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:38

I am estimating about 40 boxes for the walking man to....ummm....walk to the end

Posted by: haukej ()

mosthigh
laurel

Don't give up. Remember, each person has 10 minutes to access the 'buy' page, then another 10 to purchase. So 20 minutes per person x many thousands = wait.

right on. never ever give up

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()

OK PEOPLE - DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN. I CAN GET THE BEST HOTEL NEARBY FOR SECOND WEEKEND 13 - 17 OCTOBER FOR $592.00 USD. IT WILL GO AWAY AGAIN QUICKLY!!!! SEND EMAIL WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND BE READY TO DEPOSIT!!!!

ONE ROOM LEFT!!!

Date: May 9, 2016 23:44

Thanks!! I'll hang in there a little bit longer. Good luck to you too!
haukej
mosthigh
laurel

right on. never ever give up

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:53

ok, just "got in" after almost 4 hours....the map says section s8 is not sold out, but when you click on it, it says sold out...........it doesn't even list front pit as sold out (under "general admission")....no mention of front pit whatsoever

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: May 9, 2016 23:54

waited 3 hrs and 50 min just got in and all tickets for weekend 1 are sold out. The only thing they have for sale is camping, wine and dinner package.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: May 10, 2016 00:00

I'll be walking, after midnight...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 10, 2016 00:07

This sounds like my kinda Desert Trip

[www.latimes.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 10, 2016 00:14

fleabitmonkey
waited 3 hrs and 50 min just got in and all tickets for weekend 1 are sold out. The only thing they have for sale is camping, wine and dinner package.

When I got in, that's all it showed for about a minute, then the 'passes' buttons showed and worked kinda slowly, then when I got to the seat map, nothing was clicking, then it started working.

Gotta be patient.eye rolling smiley

Date: May 10, 2016 00:31

I think W1 is sold-out.

I have been on the page for 8 minutes, just hitting re-fresh and nothing other than S8 (but no tickets in it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-10 00:31 by OneHourPhoto.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 10, 2016 00:36

Dan
Aquamarine
Dan
Aquamarine
The Who supporting Waters? confused smiley

No

No what? Waters is closing on Sunday, right?

Yes

So the Who are supporting him. Don't say no.

I still don't understand why this thread isn't merged with the posts in the tour thread, btw. There are now at least three threads discussing this.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: May 10, 2016 00:52

Got back into W2 for a 2nd time, can't find any tix at all.
Guess I'll need to "settle" for the Stones tour, maybe some lucky dip again.
Didn't check cellphone, snoozed on W1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-10 00:59 by 1badgator.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 10, 2016 01:02

Gah....scored a super cheap hotel room for night 2 just down the road, but of course all remotely (to me) affordable tickets are gone.

Really really hoping they are holding back some seats. GA's are selling at double-face on Stubhub. Ugh.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: May 10, 2016 01:07

Date: May 10, 2016 01:23

Five hours. I guess it wasn't meant to be this time. Really hoping for more shows on the West Coast!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 10, 2016 01:25

I have to say, what a lousy website. This morning, ten minutes to 10, I got "in line" for weekend two and a few minutes later for weekend one. I was fortunate to get to the front of the line for W2 after about 25 minutes. But I had a terrible time navigating the site on my small phone. I couldn't figure out how to select the pit, which was what I wanted. After several minutes of panicked fumbling about, I just got a 3-day GA with shuttle. I waited another 3 hours in line for W2. It said there were still floor and grandstand tix available, but damned if I could find any. You had to pick by section and they were all shaded "sold out" but I eventually found a section with a few single seats showing, but when I selected those seats, they were suddenly sold. Lousy website. An ex-US friend of mine was in line for 4 hours--never got through. He is so disappointed.

Date: May 10, 2016 01:31

Message last updated: 3:29 PM PT

Desert Trip passes no longer available. Thank you!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 10, 2016 01:35

Made it into weekend two...was aiming for the less expensive Grandstand section and got lucky just in the nick of time.
S6 was appearing in orange as 'tickets available' - clicked and all were blacked out unavailable....clicked again same thing. Clicked around other open sections - none available. Went back to S6 - a couple randoms appeared. Put one in cart to check out - too late it was gone. Frustrating! Went through the same routine and finally another better one became available in row S near the more expensive Grandstand section/aisle. Acted fast, and five hours later - mission accomplished... thumbs up

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: May 10, 2016 01:37

what a waste. see y'all at the "real" stones tour !

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 10, 2016 01:58

Hairball
Made it into weekend two...was aiming for the less expensive Grandstand section and got lucky just in the nick of time.
S6 was appearing in orange as 'tickets available' - clicked and all were blacked out unavailable....clicked again same thing. Clicked around other open sections - none available. Went back to S6 - a couple randoms appeared. Put one in cart to check out - too late it was gone. Frustrating! Went through the same routine and finally another better one became available in row S near the more expensive Grandstand section/aisle. Acted fast, and five hours later - mission accomplished... thumbs up

*Congrats! Glad you got in w/ good tix- does it actually say in writing the RS are playing again this 2nd weekend? I read somewhere the bands stay in Vegas, then fly into the desert there for the gig- maybe RS play Vegas in between?

Date: May 10, 2016 02:02

35love

*Congrats! Glad you got in w/ good tix- does it actually say in writing the RS are playing again this 2nd weekend? I read somewhere the bands stay in Vegas, then fly into the desert there for the gig- maybe RS play Vegas in between?

From Billboard:

"Due to demand, a second weekend has been added to the inaugural Desert Trip festival with the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Roger Waters and The Who slated to play an encore weekend. All acts will now play on Oct. 14-16 as well as the previously announced weekend."

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 10, 2016 02:51

haukej
what a waste. see y'all at the "real" stones tour !

Arena tour. Deja vu all over again.

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: May 10, 2016 03:40

I hope it's encouraging to note that this promoter allows both Coachella and The Stagecoach Festivals to stream all performances live.

Date: May 10, 2016 03:51

The little man is back walking, not paused.
On both W1 and W2
Maybe some CC/debits declined?
I left them running on my Cell and Laptop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-10 03:52 by 1badgator.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 10, 2016 04:09

1badgator
The little man is back walking, not paused.
On both W1 and W2
Maybe some CC/debits declined?
I left them running on my Cell and Laptop.

I wish. Still shows the 'Desert Trip passes no longer available. Thank you!' message right below that. Other than the GA passes they'll have for locals, I have to hope they didn't release everything.

Date: May 10, 2016 04:19

Status time has been updating every few seconds?
Little man is moving - less than 1 bar left on Cell, 5 on PC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-10 04:20 by 1badgator.

Date: May 10, 2016 04:34

I'm in

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home