Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
LIVE ALBUM TALK: Sweet Summer Sun / Hyde Park Live
Date: April 15, 2016 14:03

SWEET SUMMER SUN / HYDE PARK LIVE

Label (Sweet Summer Sun): Eagle Vision
Release date: November 11, 2013

Label (Hyde Park Live, download): Universal Music/iTunes
Release date: July 22, 2013

Track list:

Start Me Up
It's Only Rock'n'Roll
Tumbling Dice
Emotional Rescue
Street Fighting Man
Ruby Tuesday
Doom and Gloom
Paint It Black
Honky Tonk Women
You Got the Silver
Before They Make Me Run
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Gimmie Shelter
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Sympathy for the Devil
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction

Japan CD additional track:
Happy

Single (from Hyde Park Live, download):

Label: Universal Music
Release date: January 1, 2014

Track list:

Beast of Burden
Tumbling Dice
Doom and Gloom

What are your thoughts about this live album?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 14:07 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: Sweet Summer Sun / Hyde Park Live
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 15, 2016 14:08

thumbs up I like it. Surprisingly fresh...set-list could have inhibit a Little more rare stuff but what the fuzz....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 15, 2016 14:22

Oh no, not you again, the same procedure as every year, nothing new under the sun ... at least MT on MR, that's it.

At least The Japan add-ons are great: The best version of Bitch I know with Ronnie's excellent rhythm guitar in the left channel. Beast of Burden is very good as All Down the Line is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-22 17:46 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 15, 2016 14:28

It adds almost nothing new but it is a pretty good live album. I prefer SAL. Anyway, Hyde Park shows that the Stones are still hot, the version of SFM is marvelous. The inclusion of crap like ER is a little bit disappointing for me and I dont like the hectic DVD, it is unwatchable because of the 200 cuts per minute, you dont even get to see them... You think you just watch Keith but he´s gone faster than the eye could flick... cut, cut, cut, cut... I hate it.
Also too much crowd footage in between songs (Ruby Tuesday is totally ruined that way).

Viva Shine A Light! (CD AND DVD) - It cant get any better than this, Marty is a genius!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 15, 2016 14:35

I knew I should have waited to start my HPL thread. Sorry, DP. You have a great thing going with Live Album Talk!

Date: April 15, 2016 14:46

No probs, Flash. I was a little late with the last two live album talks anyway, due to my father's recent passing.

So I thought I'd do them quickly to get back into the «Friday-routine» from now on.

Date: April 15, 2016 15:11

DandelionPowderman
No probs, Flash. I was a little late with the last two live album talks anyway, due to my father's recent passing.

So I thought I'd do them quickly to get back into the «Friday-routine» from now on.

So sorry for your loss DP.

Date: April 15, 2016 15:15

This is one that I much prefer to listen to rather than watch. I think they play very well, but I find it somewhat sad to see what the 70-something Keith looks like compared to how he looked in Some Girls Live in Texas, which I had just finished viewing. I know everyone gets old but, man - Mick still looks so good for his age but Keith - it's hard to believe he's the same guy. However, I'm glad he can still play, although nowhere near his glory days.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 15, 2016 15:28

DandelionPowderman

Sorry for your loss Dandelion. I wish your father a good trip to the Heavens. Strength to you.
Jeroen

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 15, 2016 15:41

Their best live album along with GYYYO in my opinion.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 15, 2016 15:48

Talking sound SAL is best Before SSS/HP

2 1 2 0

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 15, 2016 18:23

DandelionPowderman

*I'm sorry to hear this too. Take it easy.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: April 18, 2016 13:05

Excellent versions of It's Only Rock 'n Roll and Street Fighting Man, nice gritty guitar tones and the band really locking in together. The version of Midnight Rambler on the original iTunes download 'Hyde Park Live' (taken from the first show) trumps the version which ended up on the DVD (the second show), while both are lots of fun, the first night really shows off Mick Taylor with a much better solo.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 18, 2016 15:16

The dvd version of Midnight Rambler is better than the CDs one.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 18, 2016 17:36

I know it isn´t everyone´s favourite, but on this one I think Darryl and Bobby are absolutely amazing on Miss You.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 18, 2016 17:44

Sorry for your loss, Bård. Take care.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 18, 2016 18:13

corriecas
DandelionPowderman

Sorry for your loss Dandelion. I wish your father a good trip to the Heavens. Strength to you.
Jeroen

Gosh I've just read this... I'm so sorry for your loss, Bard. Stay strong.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 19, 2016 23:03

DP: It's never easy when something like this happens. Hard liquor does me well at times like these.

Hyde Park/Summer Sun is a real disappointment. It's the first Stones product I refused to buy, and watched it for free on Showtime, and also borrowed it from the library. No desire to ever see it again.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 19, 2016 23:26

Wild Slivovitz
corriecas
DandelionPowderman

Jeroen

Gosh I've just read this... I'm so sorry for your loss, Bard. Stay strong.

Off Topic:
Normally I wouldn't even open a thread on an album I don't own and don't have much interest in but something made me peek in here today. Must have been part of the compulsion I felt after seeing Bard's post about the J Geils Nightmares album in another thread. If for no other reason than to see DP's post about his recent loss, I'm glad I came in here.

Stay strong, my friend... So sorry to hear of your loss.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 19, 2016 23:55

I like IORR, fantastic guitars, finally Ronnie is high in the mix, SFM is excellent. Excellent live album!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 20, 2016 02:19

It's solid - way better than Live Licks or SAL, if you ask me. Good mix, nice loud guitars. Yes we've already had most of these songs on live albums a dozen times, but it's worth it alone for Emotional Rescue and a lovely version of Ruby Tuesday.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 20, 2016 11:38

SFM is worth it alone. Stupendous version. BEST version of this song. I love it. Almost evil.

Rod

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 20, 2016 15:54

I thought this was a great release, and I really enjoyed the Blu-Ray. I got misty-eyed at several points seeing all those younger people enjoying the Stones after 50 years.

Date: April 20, 2016 16:01

Yes, as many have said - great versions of many tunes here; solid performances and good sound. I have trouble watching it after seeing something like SG Live in Texas just because of how much Keith has aged, more so visibly than the others. But...we all get old. Time waits for no one....

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: April 20, 2016 16:29

You can´t always get what you want - that´s the best version ever although I like the Rocknroll-Circus version as well!
Same with beast of Burden except the versions of the ´78-tour
Street fighting man is best except of brussels, but ending is a bit too long for me.
I even like Satisfaction on this. Emotional rescue ist a nice bonus.
Great thing. And best for me - I was there, because luckily I didn´t know, they would tour Germany in 2014

Re: Love & light
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 21, 2016 11:49

Love and light to your father, Dande dear, and to you and your whole family

Date: April 21, 2016 12:06

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

We gave him a beautiful send-off. A friend of mine played church organ and sang Many Rivers To Cross in the chapel, and my daughters sang and played as well.

Thanks, my friends thumbs up

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 21, 2016 12:57

Noticed your message kind of late.

I'm sorry for your loss,DP.
My thoughts and best wishes for you and
your family.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: April 30, 2016 15:24

Sorry for your loss DP.

Does anyone have the bonus cuts of either Beast of Burden, Bitch, All Down the Line, or even Happy they could share as a download. I think these cuts were posted when Sweet Summer Sun was originally released. Thanks much for any all help any of you can provide.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 30, 2016 16:21

DandelionPowderman
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

We gave him a beautiful send-off. A friend of mine played church organ and sang Many Rivers To Cross in the chapel, and my daughters sang and played as well.

Thanks, my friends thumbs up

Belated message. I also noticed this late. Sorry for your loss DP.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home