Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Brian Jones' Children
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 15, 2016 19:35

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-15 19:36 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 15, 2016 19:37

NICOS
exilestones
ash
Interview with Brian Jones's Son DAVID LARS "CANNONBALL" BRANDSTONE: [www.angelfire.com]

That's a spoof, right ?

I don't know if it's a spoof. I was always interested in knowing how many children Brian had.

I was always interested to see if the Stones children would become talented music performers. Brian may have been the most talented prodigy ever. They say he could pick-up and instrument and master it quickly.

It would be interesting to see a list of every instrument Brian played on which song.

What is this thing?

Put your head in it and I will tell you...................

It's a sousaphone.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 15, 2016 19:43

I think it's a large horn from a gramophone. It's merely a prop in the R&R Circus set anyway.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 15, 2016 21:29

Silver Dagger

It's a sousaphone.

Thank you!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 15, 2016 21:32

Brian's Teardrop guitar is currently at the hard Rock Cafe NYC:

Image taken yesterday (04/14/2016) by Justin Crawford

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 15, 2016 22:45

Funny that the picture shows Mick.

So his guitars are his children as well? 1000 times more interesting, IMO.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 15, 2016 23:31

Funny that the picture shows Mick.

Looks like it's possibly a vid of the Tami Show ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 16, 2016 00:02

exilestones
Brian's Teardrop guitar is currently at the hard Rock Cafe NYC:

Image taken yesterday (04/14/2016) by Justin Crawford

[www.iorr.org]

Cool! I'm going to be up there in a few weeks, have to see if I can get over to Hard Rock.

Posted by: annajulia ()
Date: April 16, 2016 18:39

jlowe
Bliss
I would say that 3.5 pints of beer is an excessive amount.

Well, he would have certainly fail any breathalyser test.

An often overlooked and unexplained question is the large trace of an "amphetamine type drug" found in Brian's system. Nine times the "usual" amount.
Even by rock star standards that's pretty excessive.
Hence the drink and drugs misadventure conclusion.

Well if it was someone not used to that amount of alcohol, then yes it would be very much, but taking into the account that he had been a heavy drinker for a number of years - which affects the amount a person can consume without it necessarily impairing his functions - he was, in the words of a doctor consulted, “definitely nowhere near paralytic”.
He apparently only drank brandy that night according to Anna Wohlin (and the police did find half a bottle of brandy, four fifths consumed).

And there's that unknown and unidentifiable drug, and that is pretty weird tbh. Found this;
"Brian’s body was subjected to a thin-layer chromatography, a technique designed to separate and analyze all organic bodily components. The results revealed no amphetamine, methedrine, morphine, methadone or isoprenaline in his organs.
What it did reveal was far more alarming; two dense spots, one yellow-orange in colour, the other purple, which were not identifiable. Brian’s urine analysis revealed an amphetamine-like substance, but not actual amphetamine, and the distinction is important - amounting to 1720 mgs per cent, nearly nine times the normal level. The report records: ‘These figures suggest ingestion of a fairly large quantity of a drug.’"
This means he didn't have any drugs in his system, except for that one unidentifiable drug.

Found this one book that suggested that (one of) his drink(s) was spiked with this unidentifiable drug by Frank Thorogood but I don't know if I believe that, it's all just theories you know? And to be completely frank (cool smiley) Frank doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the toolbox and capable of planning it to that extent.
It is very strange though and I do believe Frank had something to do with his death.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-16 18:42 by annajulia.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 16, 2016 20:02

This thread sucks the big one! thumbs down

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 16, 2016 20:15

annajulia
jlowe
Bliss
I would say that 3.5 pints of beer is an excessive amount.

Well, he would have certainly fail any breathalyser test.

An often overlooked and unexplained question is the large trace of an "amphetamine type drug" found in Brian's system. Nine times the "usual" amount.
Even by rock star standards that's pretty excessive.
Hence the drink and drugs misadventure conclusion.

Well if it was someone not used to that amount of alcohol, then yes it would be very much, but taking into the account that he had been a heavy drinker for a number of years - which affects the amount a person can consume without it necessarily impairing his functions - he was, in the words of a doctor consulted, “definitely nowhere near paralytic”.
He apparently only drank brandy that night according to Anna Wohlin (and the police did find half a bottle of brandy, four fifths consumed).

And there's that unknown and unidentifiable drug, and that is pretty weird tbh. Found this;
"Brian’s body was subjected to a thin-layer chromatography, a technique designed to separate and analyze all organic bodily components. The results revealed no amphetamine, methedrine, morphine, methadone or isoprenaline in his organs.
What it did reveal was far more alarming; two dense spots, one yellow-orange in colour, the other purple, which were not identifiable. Brian’s urine analysis revealed an amphetamine-like substance, but not actual amphetamine, and the distinction is important - amounting to 1720 mgs per cent, nearly nine times the normal level. The report records: ‘These figures suggest ingestion of a fairly large quantity of a drug.’"
This means he didn't have any drugs in his system, except for that one unidentifiable drug.

Found this one book that suggested that (one of) his drink(s) was spiked with this unidentifiable drug by Frank Thorogood but I don't know if I believe that, it's all just theories you know? And to be completely frank (cool smiley) Frank doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the toolbox and capable of planning it to that extent.
It is very strange though and I do believe Frank had something to do with his death.

In Death Of A Rolling Stone by Mandy Aftel, she states Brian and Anna were drinking and watching TV. When Frank came to the main house, they then drank almost an entire bottle of brandy, 2/3 bottle of vodka, 1/2 bottle of whiskey and some wine. (If that was me I'd be puking my guts out to put it mildly).
Janet also stated she thought he had taken sleeping pills. So, not sure of the exact amount consumed, but it was a lot by any (except for maybe Keith Moon) standard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-16 20:16 by 2000 LYFH.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 16, 2016 20:42

'which affects the amount a person can consume without it necessarily impairing his functions'

There is some truth to that, in that some people can consume large quantities alcohol and *appear* to be fine and to actually walk around and appear to be themselves. It's also true that if someone is impaired all the time then that begins to appear normal.
But heavy alcohol and drug use will get you in the end, as it did unfortunately to Brian.
I think it's fine to defend Brian and to play up his good qualities, but we've got to be real that alcohol and drug abuse brought him to that sorry point. Even if you think Thorogood contributed to his death somehow, what the hell was Brian doing with that sort of person on his premises? Answer, because he was too addled to make sensible decisions.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home