Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick and Keith ... THE FACES
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 28, 2016 18:33

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-06 23:46 by schillid.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 28, 2016 18:36

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-06 23:44 by schillid.

Mick and Keith: facial transformations 1962-2016 (video time lapse)
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 6, 2017 02:13

For both Mick and Keith, the tell-tale signs of age have piled on especially in the last 5 years since embarking on their annual never-ending tour. Seems those years off in between tours in the past did them some good.

Mick, 1962-2016: [www.youtube.com]

Keith, 1962-2016: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Mick and Keith: facial transformations 1962-2016 (video time lapse)
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 6, 2017 09:49

Those were totally freakish!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 6, 2017 10:00

Well, it's not like they are Michael Jackson or Jocelyn Wildenstein or some other celebrity who had themselves surgically altered, which is what these videos are usually about.

It's not unusual that uncaring people are hitting on senior citizens. So it's no surprise that the videos are produced for the most freakish content possible.

The real freak is the video producer.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 6, 2017 10:05

The aging in Mick's face has definitely accelerated over the past 10 years. Very thin people without a lot of subcutaneous fat tend to get very pronounced wrinkles and a sunken-cheek visage with age as the skin loses elasticity.

It's kind of a cruel joke that men with more weight on them often age better in the face than skinny men do...they don't get as craggy because their face is filled out.

Ronnie's cheekbones are even more severely pronounced.

Date: August 6, 2017 10:09

billwebster
Well, it's not like they are Michael Jackson or Jocelyn Wildenstein or some other celebrity who had themselves surgically altered, which is what these videos are usually about.

It's not unusual that uncaring people are hitting on senior citizens. So it's no surprise that the videos are produced for the most freakish content possible.

I'm quite certain that Mick, Ronnie, and even Keith have all had some subtle eye work done at various points. Ronnie was the most noticeable recently. From tour photos last year, I immediately noticed how bright and perky his eyes were.

You can just tell sometimes when a celebrity's eyes get wider and more chipper-looking, especially at the corners where a slight sag used to be. Nothing wrong with it...they have the money for it and whichever doctor they had did a great job.

Date: August 6, 2017 11:21

billwebster

They're just showing it like it is. This is what they look like from year to year, from photos.

It just makes me a bit concerned -- maybe the boys have been working too hard, is all.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 6, 2017 11:26

Reminds me of the comment (a long time ago)about Mick's facial lines:
'Surely no one has laughed SO much?'

Date: August 6, 2017 11:50

It's the morphing, the in between sections that make it freakish. I swear: during that 'Honky Tonk' section he (MIck) looks like Chris Jagger for a second, but even more - during "Angie" he looks dead like Keith. Even in the speeded up version. To the point where I slowed it down because I thought they snuck a Keith pic in there.

The Keith one is funny: it's kind of clever, because for the height of his junkiedom they have quite a scary shot of him, with the eyes and all, and then when he has cleaned up he looks demure, downcast eyes, smiling wise; and then, for 'Emotional rescue' he looks horrified and pissed off, LOL. For SMU they gave him a visionary look, like a general staring off into the sunset...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-06 11:58 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: August 6, 2017 12:06

keefriff99
The aging in Mick's face has definitely accelerated over the past 10 years. Very thin people without a lot of subcutaneous fat tend to get very pronounced wrinkles and a sunken-cheek visage with age as the skin loses elasticity.
The aging in Mick's face has accelerated especially in the last 5 years.

Despite Mick's fitness regimen, he has aged drastically since 2012, and so has Keith.

In the past, Keith was always the one who would age more drastically. I remember a "classic rock" DJ commenting in 1994 on the changes in Keith's face since 1989, saying that it looked "like a baked apple". Yet, at that time, Mick looked quite ageless.

That trend, of Mick's rather timeless look and Keith's continued decline, remained the same until 2013 or so, when suddenly Mick started aging just as fast as Keith, where every year suddenly there were new and noticeable differences.

Their lifestyles have changed, that's what's done it. Just my guess, mind you, but I think they're worried that if they go away for 3 years between tours that they won't be able to regroup and be the Stones again, be those icons they've always been. In the years between tours they could always relax, enjoy wealth and property and family and so on, and there was no stress, because they could always return and take the world by storm with a round the world tour. But now it's like the Bob Dylan syndrome -- the never-ending tour, always out there every year, afraid they'll lose something, some sacred status in the rock pantheon, so they feel now that they have to be doing something every few months, every year or else.

The stress is telling, it's in their faces. Just my opinion mind you.

Oh, and that thing about fat people aging better? Wrinkles happen because of collagen breakdown... or stress, which breaks down collagen faster. Their whole lives are the Rolling Stones and what it represents, it's brought them that rich and luxurious lifestyle. They're worried that they don't have time in their active lives to enjoy those 3-year vacations between active touring.

And since they've agreed to maintain an every-year brand of activity, which changes the pace of their luxurious and easy living, suddenly, after all these years, Mick and Keith are aging at the same rate. And, yes, Ronnie, who is a half decade younger, has been aging at the same rate, and he isn't even 70.

So, maybe they've been working too hard.

For their sake, maybe it's time they took a break. A year or two. Better that than working themselves into the ground too soon.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 6, 2017 19:52

Its cool and creepy at the same time.
But Im so glad that neither one of them has decided to try plastic surgery like other aging celebs.
Keeping it real!

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 6, 2017 19:58

keefriff99

It's kind of a cruel joke that men with more weight on them often age better in the face than skinny men do...they don't get as craggy because their face is filled out.

Ronnie's cheekbones are even more severely pronounced.

Women have an expression: As you get older, you have to choose between your ass and your face.
Too skinny and your face ages, as you said.

Date: August 6, 2017 23:05

stonehearted
keefriff99
The aging in Mick's face has accelerated especially in the last 5 years.

Despite Mick's fitness regimen, he has aged drastically since 2012, and so has Keith.

In the past, Keith was always the one who would age more drastically. I remember a "classic rock" DJ commenting in 1994 on the changes in Keith's face since 1989, saying that it looked "like a baked apple". Yet, at that time, Mick looked quite ageless.

That trend, of Mick's rather timeless look and Keith's continued decline, remained the same until 2013 or so, when suddenly Mick started aging just as fast as Keith, where every year suddenly there were new and noticeable differences.

Their lifestyles have changed, that's what's done it. Just my guess, mind you, but I think they're worried that if they go away for 3 years between tours that they won't be able to regroup and be the Stones again, be those icons they've always been. In the years between tours they could always relax, enjoy wealth and property and family and so on, and there was no stress, because they could always return and take the world by storm with a round the world tour. But now it's like the Bob Dylan syndrome -- the never-ending tour, always out there every year, afraid they'll lose something, some sacred status in the rock pantheon, so they feel now that they have to be doing something every few months, every year or else.

The stress is telling, it's in their faces. Just my opinion mind you.

Oh, and that thing about fat people aging better? Wrinkles happen because of collagen breakdown... or stress, which breaks down collagen faster. Their whole lives are the Rolling Stones and what it represents, it's brought them that rich and luxurious lifestyle. They're worried that they don't have time in their active lives to enjoy those 3-year vacations between active touring.

And since they've agreed to maintain an every-year brand of activity, which changes the pace of their luxurious and easy living, suddenly, after all these years, Mick and Keith are aging at the same rate. And, yes, Ronnie, who is a half decade younger, has been aging at the same rate, and he isn't even 70.

So, maybe they've been working too hard.

For their sake, maybe it's time they took a break. A year or two. Better that than working themselves into the ground too soon.
I think you're over-analyzing the situation. You can only hold off Father Time for so long...Mick has done it longer than almost anyone in rock'n'roll, but in terms of facial wrinkles, the bottom has fallen out. Not much he can do about it at this point except accept it.

Over-doing it on cardio workouts IS a thing though, and Mick may be guilty of that. No doubt he works extremely hard to stay trim, but the extreme lack of subcutaneous fat leads to a gaunt look at 74 years old.

Also perhaps a factor: L'Wren? I hate to bring it up, but that must have had quite an effect. Mick has been rather immune to tragedy over the years...that was the first time something really hit close to home for him.

Keith and Ronnie? A lifetime of sun, smoking, drinking and drug use. No surprises there. Ronnie pretty obviously works out nowadays (just look at his arms) and stays trim, but a lot of the abuse still shows.

I really don't think it's due to touring stress. If anything, they look younger and happier onstage than in "real" life...if you see them in public in sunlight or under bright lights, it's shocking how different they look. Of course, they also wear stage makeup to offset the spotlights.

I just think it's age, not stress. I think they're enjoying these short stints touring more than the long world tours.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 6, 2017 23:35

When you think about it, in most of the photos, make-up WILL have been worn.
Which means, in the real world', they actually look older.

The other year, I saw Paul Jones ('the man who could have been in the Rolling Stones') at a club in Derby. Now, he certainly does not look his age.
In some photos, Charlie looks the young one.
Ringo has looked the same for about the last 20 years.

Date: August 6, 2017 23:45

jlowe
When you think about it, in most of the photos, make-up WILL have been worn.
Which means, in the real world', they actually look older.

The other year, I saw Paul Jones ('the man who could have been in the Rolling Stones') at a club in Derby. Now, he certainly does not look his age.
In some photos, Charlie looks the young one.
Ringo has looked the same for about the last 20 years.
Ringo's appearance is baffling...I don't know what he's doing but it works. He's an ageless wonder.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home