Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O.T. Has anyone heard of Peter Bruntnell ?
Posted by: Torres ()
Date: December 17, 2020 19:15

crawdaddy
Peter Bruntnell and James Walbourne did a couple of gigs at The Half Moon pub in Putney less than a week ago with a social distancing audience.
James usual job is with The Pretenders and sometimes with Ray Davies.
A really superb musician.
Know a few people who went to see them and said it was a really good gig.
I think they had a few more gigs in the pipeline but now that lockdown is really going to hit England even more come December 19th, live gigs will just be a memory for a while.

Wow, great stuff. Reminds me a bit of Pink Floyd, or is it just me?

Great artist indeed, thanks for sharing.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 18, 2020 00:04

You are right about the Pink Floyd likeness,but I think it's just one of those song's that Pete writes ,and other songs he writes may be very much different.
He is a local lad from Kingston/Surbiton area and now lives down in beautiful Devon.

A genuinely nice guy who is down here in Kingston area for most of his gigs with different bands or solo gigs..............when things have been like living normally.

The best English songwriter/musician , and great geezer since Ray Davies .......in my opinion. smileys with beer

Date: January 10, 2021 23:51

I only just remembered about the song Pete wrote about Mr Trump as he was trying to buy up big parts of the UK at the time, and Scotland in particular.

This song is very prophetic,even though this video was made about 4 or 5 years ago.

There was talk about him escaping to his golf course in Scotland on January 21st, but Nicola Sturgeon refuses to let him in.

Good on yer Nicola. smileys with beer

Date: April 2, 2021 21:34

If anyone here is interested in Americana music, Peter is on the short list of all time best Americana album and deservedly so with Normal For Bridgewater.

I've cast my three votes and hope NFB will be the winner.

Here is the link for anyone who would like to vote. smileys with beer

[americana-uk.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 2, 2021 23:36

Just voted Tony. Good luck to Peter.

Date: April 3, 2021 00:31

Forgot to say that voting closes this Sunday April 4th .

Here's a track from NFB with James Walbourne , another great talent and I've seen him play many times with Pete at pub gigs over the years.

The video of Shot from a Spring is also on NFB, and I gotta say I love every track on that album.

Hope all is well with you Mike, and missed seeing you at The Who gigs in Kingston (my home town) back in February 2020.
Met Sarah at the front of the line and she said you were here on one or more of the gigs.

Will be great for Pete if he gets in the top three,but so many of us, especially in the Peter Bruntnell Appreciation group on Facebook are confident he can win this award.smileys with beer

Date: April 10, 2021 17:18

Pete done very well coming 6th in the shortlist of 20 in very good company with my two other votes for The Band and Son Volt as well as all the others on the shortlist.

Here's the full results.

[americana-uk.com]

Cant find a live video but here's Normal For Bridgewater title track.

New album Journey To The Sun out on June 11th,so he's keeping himself busy these days.
Got an album launch at The Half Moon Putney as well in June if we don't go back to lockdown.thumbs up

Date: May 21, 2021 03:44

Pete is on the video from the very start..... as well as bandmates,friends and fans who all took part in it .

New album 'Journey To The Sun' out June 11th,and Half Moon Putney Album launch gig on June 5th.
[tickets.halfmoon.co.uk]

Hopefully he will be playing with one of his bands in the Kingston /Surbiton area soon, with the lockdown restrictions not in force, as long as everyone behaves in the proper manner.
We got the warmer weather coming hopefully and will be great to see live music in a local pub garden venue or Pub with plenty of room.

His other upcoming live gigs are two in one week at The Cavern Pub,Raynes Park,SW London, with The Waders June 9th and with James Walbourne (Pretenders and Ray Davies) on June 11th. smileys with beer

[www.thecavernfreehouse.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-21 20:29 by crawdaddy.

Date: July 19, 2021 00:51

Been to a couple of gigs in past few weeks when one of Petes' bandmates was James Walbourne (The Petenders, Ray Davies) at The Cavern Pub, Raynes Park, S. W. London.
Terrific gigs, and looking forward to see two more gigs in New Malden and The Cavern in the next week with various different band members.

Here's a couple of videos I put on YouTube recently, which I know aren't the best, but taken with my mobile phone. smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 19, 2021 01:23

Rockman
Peter Bruntnell... NO!! ... but I've heard about the Midnight Rambler

there you go talkin' bout the midnight rambler again.

Date: December 21, 2021 20:40

I don't apologise for putting my first post here in about 5 months on this thread, but just seen he got 5th place in the 2021 UK Americana awards which is Americana music worldwide.

Well done to Peter Bruntnell, the musicians on the album, and the fans, who were most of the cast in the video, as its a great album. smileys with beer

[americana-uk.com]

Date: May 6, 2022 00:26

Peter Bruntnell has just done a few gigs in North of España, at Bilbao, San Sebastian and Zaragoza in the last week, with a couple of regular bandmates, and a great time had by all who were there. thumbs up

Date: May 7, 2022 23:44

Here's one that's just come through from the San Sebastian gig in España about a week ago.
Petes playing with one of his bands 14 Cousins at The Oak,Kingston tonight and always a good gig.
Heard that he may have his pal James Walbourne, lead guitar with The Pretenders, in a few gigs coming up soon. thumbs up

Date: July 6, 2022 19:56

This Peter Bruntnell fella is a pretty versatile musician, singer, songwriter for sure. smiling smiley

Date: July 30, 2022 01:32

Saw Pete a couple of weeks ago at The High Tide Festival 2022 at The Cabbage Patch Pub in Twickenham, and what a great gig with a few of his many bandmates he can call on to perform with him.

Anyway, this is a video taken during his recent tour of Bilbao, Zaragoza and San Sebastian in España.

Great Stuff and hoping to see him again playing in SW London within the next couple of weeks.
Anyone interested in seeing a Pete Bruntnell gig can find out on The Peter Bruntnell Appreciation Society Group on Facebook, as he don't really publicise himself much on his website or FB page.
He needs a kick up the backside at times in that way.

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-30 01:54 by crawdaddy.

Date: September 18, 2022 01:23

Only recently came across this video of Peter Bruntnell and an old friend of mine Gary Brewer amongst others, in our local music venue in Kingston, many years ago.

A great performance of the Neil Young song 'Ohio', with those lyrics that really fit that sad day back in 1970.

We have a worldwide group on Facebook where we only need a few more members to get to 500 for The Peter Bruntnell Appreciation Society Group, so join if you like this type of music.

Pete is still a constant live performer with his various bands,which have been in UK as well as Europe since the Covid stuff has definitely eased off, as well as putting out new albums of his songs at least every couple of years or so.
Hoping to see him play live a few times in next few weeks, and hopefully James Walbourne (The Pretenders), maybe at one of them. smileys with beer

Date: September 22, 2022 14:34

Going to see Pete with one of his bands at The Cavern Pub, Raynes Park, SW London tonight, and at The Black Lion Pub in Surbiton, Saturday night with a differant lineup.

Looking forward to both of them

You can't beat a bit of live music in a decent pub.

All upcoming gigs up to end of the year are on the Group Facebook page posted above.

Gets updated when new gigs come in. smileys with beer

Date: September 27, 2022 23:32

Always makes me laugh when I see this video, and great music from Pete, and James Walbourne from The Pretenders.
So glad that Pete met Willie Nelson as well. thumbs up

Date: October 12, 2022 00:11

A couple of recent videos of Pete and differant bandmates at differant gigs at Half Moon, Putney and The Maverick Festival, here in the UK.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home