Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051Next
Current Page: 49 of 51
Help Needed - Totally Stripped
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 9, 2018 03:09

There seem to be 100 million variations on this set and it is driving me nuts.

Simply put, I want the following, if it exists:

All of the CDs that are available for all of the (3 or 4?) shows; and

All of the videos available for all of the shows, preferably in Bluray.

I don't care about the booklet (tho it would b nice), nor the t shirt, nor the Japanese edition of any of this, unless it is superior quality audio or video.

I see the prices vary quite a bit on Amazon and Ebay, depending on what you want. Hopefully, the NTSC/Pal distinction does not matter as my new bluray player claims it plays both, tho I haven't tried it with Pal. Hopefully region doesn't matter either.

Anyone help with this?

plexi

Re: Help Needed - Totally Stripped
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 9, 2018 12:50

you can't go wrong with the CD+DVD (or bluray) edition, featuring complete video footage of the shows at Paradiso, Olympia and Brixton.
These editions are sold for a very reasonable prize right now (for example for 19,99 Euros/23,99 Euros at jpc [www.jpc.de] - the also delivery to foreign countries)

If you need all those show as audio recording – just rip them off the DVD/Blurays

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 9, 2018 13:34

The Paris concert is the only one available on CD but only as part of an expensive Japanese Ward Records release.

All three concerts are available as downloads from Qobuz.

[www.qobuz.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 9, 2018 14:02

timbernardis

Anyone help with this?

Totally Stripped - BluRay 5-Disc-version - now only EUR 20.39 - [www.Amazon.de] .

CD-Quality Audio-Downloads:

Totally Stripped - Amsterdam: [www.Qobuz.com]

Totally Stripped - Paris: [www.Qobuz.com]

Totally Stripped - Brixton: [www.Qobuz.com]

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland)

Date: June 9, 2018 21:12

slewan
you can't go wrong with the CD+DVD (or bluray) edition, featuring complete video footage of the shows at Paradiso, Olympia and Brixton.
These editions are sold for a very reasonable prize right now (for example for 19,99 Euros/23,99 Euros at jpc [www.jpc.de] - the also delivery to foreign countries)

If you need all those show as audio recording – just rip them off the DVD/Blurays

I don't find the 5 blu ray edition that Irix mentioned at that link. What more does the 5 disc version give u that the 4 does not? Just the documentary?

And I assume the liner notes and such would be in German. Finally, will these be PAL as opposed to NTSC, and what about the regions?

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 21:18 by timbernardis.

Date: June 9, 2018 21:13

Deltics
The Paris concert is the only one available on CD but only as part of an expensive Japanese Ward Records release.

[www.qobuz.com]

the image above says it is for the blu ray, not the CD.

plexi

Date: June 9, 2018 21:34

Irix
timbernardis

Anyone help with this?

Totally Stripped - BluRay 5-Disc-version - now only EUR 20.39 - [www.Amazon.de] .

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland)

I see a price for that at 20.39, but it does not seem to go with any particular product, it's just kind of off to the right side by itself. And does it include the CD, or two CDs? I saw some mention of two CDs somewhere.

And I assume the liner notes and such would be in German. Finally, will these be PAL as opposed to NTSC, and what about the regions?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 21:35 by timbernardis.

Date: June 9, 2018 21:36

timbernardis
Deltics

[www.qobuz.com]

the image above says it is for the blu ray, not the CD.

plexi

Look closer!
Back cover, the row of symbols starting with the Stones' logo ends with the Compact Disc logo.

There are three discs, the Blu-Ray and two CDs.

Date: June 9, 2018 21:47

OK yes, thanks. If there were two CDs, might there be a 5 blu ray with 2 CD package somewhere?

plexi

Date: June 9, 2018 21:50

timbernardis
OK yes, thanks. If there were two CDs, might there be a 5 blu ray with 2 CD package somewhere?

plexi

Not that I've heard of.

Date: June 9, 2018 22:10

timbernardis

I see a price for that at 20.39, but it does not seem to go with any particular product, it's just kind of off to the right side by itself. And does it include the CD, or two CDs? I saw some mention of two CDs somewhere.

The price is €20.39 for the 5-Disc BR-version. It includes 1 Audio-CD, 1 BluRay with the Docu and 3 BluRays with the Concerts. Liner notes are in English also from Amazon Germany and there's no PAL/NTSC anymore on BluRays - in this case they've Region ABC (playable worldwide).

[www.Amazon.co.uk]

Date: June 9, 2018 22:49

I'd forgotten about this.
The version with two CDs is also a Japanese exclusive.
The bonus CD contained three tracks, The Spider And The Fly, Amsterdam 26.05.95, Slipping Away, Paris 03.07.1995 and Sweet Virginia, London 19.07.1995.

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 23:07 by Deltics.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 10, 2018 13:45

Irix
timbernardis

Anyone help with this?

Are these Qubuz downloads in FLAC or MP3? It only says "16 Bit CD Quality" which can mean anything, WAV, FLAC, 320kb MP3 or whatever...??

I have bought the files on Amazon, but they only had mp3s. So I wonder if they are also available lossless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-10 13:46 by midnrambler.

Date: June 10, 2018 16:20

midnrambler

Are these Qubuz downloads in FLAC or MP3? It only says "16 Bit CD Quality" which can mean anything, WAV, FLAC, 320kb MP3 or whatever...??

Qobuz' CD-Quality is lossless 44.1kHz/16bit, downloadable as FLAC, ALAC, WMA Lossless, WAV, AIFF.

For Mobile Devices you can download your purchases also as lossy 320/128 kbps MP3, WMA, AAC.

Just place the pointer over '16-Bit CD Quality' and it shows that it is Lossless 16 bit/44.1 kHz .

Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 10, 2019 18:36

I'm so behind the curve on this. Just got it and love it.

Date: May 10, 2019 18:50

Qobuz is since early 2019 also available in the United States - Totally Stripped too: [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2019 01:12

Irix
timbernardis

The price is €20.39 for the 5-Disc BR-version. It includes 1 Audio-CD, 1 BluRay with the Docu and 3 BluRays with the Concerts. Liner notes are in English also from Amazon Germany and there's no PAL/NTSC anymore on BluRays - in this case they've Region ABC (playable worldwide).

[www.Amazon.co.uk]

THanks for this IRIX...looked at it and then the Amazon UK site, and bought it from there because shipping to North America is way cheaper for some reason, bringing my overall cost even lower.

As a side note, the amazon.ca site has the double vinyl plus DVD on for a great price, CAD $31...here is that link:

[www.amazon.ca]

Date: July 5, 2019 04:31

treaclefingers
Irix
timbernardis

[www.Amazon.co.uk]

THanks for this IRIX...looked at it and then the Amazon UK site, and bought it from there because shipping to North America is way cheaper for some reason, bringing my overall cost even lower.

As a side note, the amazon.ca site has the double vinyl plus DVD on for a great price, CAD $31...here is that link:

[www.amazon.ca]

Treacle -- how much was the shipping from Germany?

plexi

Date: July 5, 2019 04:54

Deltics
The bonus CD contained three tracks, The Spider And The Fly, Amsterdam 26.05.95, Slipping Away, Paris 03.07.1995 and Sweet Virginia, London 19.07.1995.

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Deltics - do these 3 songs from those specific shows appear on the videos from those 3 shows? Are the videos from those 3 shows of the complete shows?

Thinking that for getting the complete audio of the 3 shows, i could rip it from the Blu Ray, OR do the QoBuz download. Have to factor in the download cost of the three shows (total of $43) as well as if i would have the neccessary software/hardware/knowhow to do just as high CD-quality rips at home.

And/or could just buy the Japanese package with the bonus CD if that is the only way to get those 3 songs.

plexi

Date: July 5, 2019 12:02

timbernardis
Deltics

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Deltics - do these 3 songs from those specific shows appear on the videos from those 3 shows? Are the videos from those 3 shows of the complete shows?

Thinking that for getting the complete audio of the 3 shows, i could rip it from the Blu Ray, OR do the QoBuz download. Have to factor in the download cost of the three shows (total of $43) as well as if i would have the neccessary software/hardware/knowhow to do just as high CD-quality rips at home.

And/or could just buy the Japanese package with the bonus CD if that is the only way to get those 3 songs.

plexi

Those three songs are featured on the videos and I believe all three videos are complete shows. If you rip the audio from them you should have them all complete.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: July 5, 2019 12:04

The japanese bonus songs are also available on the regular DVDs (which document the 3 complete shows). It’s interesting only if you want them on official CD too... but you can absolutely rip the DVDs, that’s what I did. I purchased the Ward Olympia DVD+2CD but frankly i don’t hear any difference.

Date: July 6, 2019 03:10

Is the quality of the rips from the Blu Rays/DVDs just as good as those from Qobuz'(Qubuz, whatever)CD-Quality lossless 44.1kHz/16bit, downloadable as FLAC, ALAC, WMA Lossless, WAV, AIFF.?

plexi

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2019 03:36

timbernardis
treaclefingers
Irix
timbernardis

[www.Amazon.co.uk]

[www.amazon.ca]

plexi

Sorry Plexi, just noticed this question...too late I'm sure but if memory serves, 10-12 euros.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 6, 2019 03:41

Where does one get "Jump On Top Of Me" live on CD quality?

Date: July 6, 2019 10:15

Elmo Lewis

Where does one get "Jump On Top Of Me" live on CD quality?

Live-version: [dbboots.com] - VGP 084: [iorr.org] , IMP CD 040-41: [iorr.org] , WLR VERO 12: [iorr.org] , STE 046: [iorr.org] .

Studio-version: 'The Singles 1971–2006' (Disc 35) - [www.Discogs.com] , CD-Maxi 'You Got Me Rocking' - [www.Discogs.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 10:25 by Irix.

Date: July 6, 2019 10:50

treaclefingers
timbernardis
treaclefingers
Irix
timbernardis

[www.Amazon.co.uk]

[www.amazon.ca]

plexi

Sorry Plexi, just noticed this question...too late I'm sure but if memory serves, 10-12 euros.

No, it's not too late. Thanks Treacle.

plexi

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 16:51

Question- how does one acquire the outtakes (I heard the No Expectations with Keith on 12-string) is sublime. Were the outtakes ever officially released or did they simply let it leak to fans for bootleg purposes?

Date: July 6, 2019 17:25

bigmac7895

Question- how does one acquire the outtakes (I heard the No Expectations with Keith on 12-string) is sublime. Were the outtakes ever officially released or did they simply let it leak to fans for bootleg purposes?

Do you mean the Toshiba/EMI Studio-Sessions, March 3-5, 1995 in Tokyo? There're at least Bootlegs - [dbboots.com] .

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 4, 2020 11:39

Some songs leaked but the source was lossy I'm afraid. What a blast it would be to hear lossless strings on No Expectations... I don't understand why the Stones don't release the rehearsals as a standalone. It's just sitting there.

By the way, the only official "outtake" was Honest I Do, which was released (thanks to Don Was) on the "Hope Floats" soundtrack.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 4, 2020 12:33

I believe Stripped Companion bootleg CD was widely available in Europe some 22-23 years go. At least I had no problem to find that one multiple times in different 'hole in the wall' stores.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051Next
Current Page: 49 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home