Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051Next
Current Page: 46 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 5, 2017 07:22

I know there are the 3 CD bonus tracks on the Japanese version of this. My question is, is there anything extra on the actual Japanese DVD/BR's themselves? So does it matter if I buy the DVD instead of the Blu-Ray to save some $$$ just to get these extra 3 songs if I already have the US version of the BR - that's really what I am asking. Or is there extra material exclusive to the Japanese DVD as well, that would require me to spend the extra to get the BR instead and then be able to play it in my US Blu-Ray player? Thank you kindly. smiling smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 5, 2017 14:54

There is no extra stuff on the Japan dvd/blu ray release of totally stripped.
But feel free to ask as often as you like to...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 5, 2017 15:15

VoodooLounge13

My question is, is there anything extra on the actual Japanese DVD/BR's themselves?

The contents of the BR-Discs are the same for Japan and the rest of the world:

Ward Records Japan vs. [www.Amazon.com] .

The Japan edition additional CD-Tracks are:

The Spider and the Fly (Amsterdam, May 26, 1995)

Slipping Away (Paris, July 3, 1995)

Sweet Virginia (London, July 19, 1995)

[TimeIsOnOurSide.com] - [IORR.org]

Date: May 6, 2017 07:05

Thank you Irix. At least someone has patience enough to help a fellow fan not spend extra money unnecessarily. This is costing a pretty penny as it is to get my collection complete again, and if I can just get the DVD Japanese version that is a Region 2 and I'll never be able to play but get the extra CD with the 3 bonus songs for $10 or so cheaper, then I'll do that. I already accidentally ordered a US DVD/CD version of this not realizing there were bonus songs on the Japanese version. Same with Crossfire Hurricane. So I've spent some $$$ unnecessarily. I'm only trying to avoid that mistake again. I did also order the Amazon exclusive Totally Stripped Blu-ray set with all the videos of the shows, so I will have the BluRay versions too smiling smiley

Haven't even touched the Havana Moon or other versions of Sweet Summer Sun, as those 2 seem confusing as hell. I've bought a lot over the past month and backfilled a ton of holes!!!! Just need these two and the super deluxe Checker Lounge Japanese only release that I will probably pick up in another week or 2.

There are a couple things that I just have to be content to know I'll never have - that 45 box that came with the Tumbling Dice single, the big monster Brussels boxset. But there will always be something I suppose...

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:34

VoodooLounge13
Thank you Irix. At least someone has patience enough to help a fellow fan not spend extra money unnecessarily. This is costing a pretty penny as it is to get my collection complete again, and if I can just get the DVD Japanese version that is a Region 2 and I'll never be able to play but get the extra CD with the 3 bonus songs for $10 or so cheaper, then I'll do that. I already accidentally ordered a US DVD/CD version of this not realizing there were bonus songs on the Japanese version. Same with Crossfire Hurricane. So I've spent some $$$ unnecessarily. I'm only trying to avoid that mistake again. I did also order the Amazon exclusive Totally Stripped Blu-ray set with all the videos of the shows, so I will have the BluRay versions too smiling smiley

Haven't even touched the Havana Moon or other versions of Sweet Summer Sun, as those 2 seem confusing as hell. I've bought a lot over the past month and backfilled a ton of holes!!!! Just need these two and the super deluxe Checker Lounge Japanese only release that I will probably pick up in another week or 2.

There are a couple things that I just have to be content to know I'll never have - that 45 box that came with the Tumbling Dice single, the big monster Brussels boxset. But there will always be something I suppose...

To really research the above mention and more, the info is out there. You'd need to read the entire thread.

One thing that makes Sweet Summer Sun hard is that the video is sometimes different than the audio. See where the audio is from is key. Then there's the bonus tracks!

I'd send you my Sweet Summer Sun notes but your email is hidden.

Date: May 7, 2017 01:26

exilestones
VoodooLounge13

To really research the above mention and more, the info is out there. You'd need to read the entire thread.

One thing that makes Sweet Summer Sun hard is that the video is sometimes different than the audio. See where the audio is from is key. Then there's the bonus tracks!

I'd send you my Sweet Summer Sun notes but your email is hidden.

Exilestones - I sent you a message. Thanks!

Stripped shows Paradiso, Brixton and Olympia as official download
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 16, 2017 12:37

In the Windows store you can download for 13,99 euro the audio of the Stripped shows from Paradiso, Olympia and Brixton.

Totally Stripped -  Amsterdam (Live) (The Rolling Stones) (https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/store/music/album/the-rolling-stones/totally-stripped---amsterdam-live/8d6kgwxg49k3)
Totally Stripped - Paris (Live) (The Rolling Stones) (https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/store/music/album/the-rolling-stones/totally-stripped--paris-live/8d6kgwxg49l7)
Totally Stripped - Brixton (Live) (The Rolling Stones) (https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/store/music/album/the-rolling-stones/totally-stripped--brixton-live/8d6kgwxg4b26)

Re: Stripped shows Paradiso, Brixton and Olympia as official download
Date: June 16, 2017 12:55

It's also available at Qobuz:

Totally Stripped - Amsterdam: [www.Qobuz.com]

Totally Stripped - Paris: [www.Qobuz.com]

Totally Stripped - Brixton: [www.Qobuz.com]

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland).

Date: June 16, 2017 13:10

Also available on iTunes / Apple Music:

Totally Stripped - Amsterdam: [iTunes.apple.com]

Totally Stripped - Paris: [iTunes.apple.com]

Totally Stripped - Brixton: [iTunes.apple.com]

Posted by: filoca ()
Date: June 16, 2017 13:13

...and also available in streaming: deezer, spotify ecc..

Date: June 16, 2017 13:15

Original Artwork:

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 16, 2017 13:37

Not available on US ITUNES?

Date: June 16, 2017 13:40

All of the three shows are on Spotify as well now.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 16, 2017 13:43

Call me a weirdo but I have a strange feeling that all these shows will be released soon in physical format DVD/Blueray+2CD/3LP (like earlier vaults releases).

Date: June 16, 2017 13:45

Bashlets

It's also available in the US-iTunes-Store: $9.99 - $11.99 .

Use the Search bar of the iTunes-Store and type Rolling Stones Amsterdam (Paris, Brixton).

Date: June 16, 2017 13:55

ironbelly

Call me a weirdo but I have a strange feeling that all these shows will be released soon in physical format DVD/Blueray+2CD/3LP (like earlier vaults releases).

Paris Olympia is already available separately at Wardrecords Japan:

SD-BluRay+2CD , DVD+2CD

Maybe Amsterdam & Brixton will follow ....

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 16, 2017 15:41

Irix
ironbelly

Paris Olympia is already available separately at Wardrecords Japan:

SD-BluRay+2CD , DVD+2CD

Maybe Amsterdam & Brixton will follow ....
I know about that one. I am talking about budget-priced edition for general public but not for respectful but totally crazy collectors winking smiley.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 16, 2017 15:52

Irix
Also available on iTunes / Apple Music:

Totally Stripped - Amsterdam: [iTunes.apple.com]

Totally Stripped - Paris: [iTunes.apple.com]

Totally Stripped - Brixton: [iTunes.apple.com]
Wow!

Why is there no publicity about this?? These shows are a big deal.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 16, 2017 16:31

The totally stripped vibe sort of fits to the blue and lonesome vibe.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: June 16, 2017 19:45

I am going to continue to wait. Ironbelly is absolutely correct that this is not done yet. The separate Paris release from Ward was teaser-like. I'm suspecting the same for the 2nd Tokyo 90 release Ward did in March. In regards to totally crazy collectors comment, It is crazy at times and for me frustrating because the Stones know they can work it. Patience has proved successful at times. These titles I believe are finally safe to get:

Ward Records Sweet Summer Sun is the definitive version.
Ward Records Brussels Affair / Marquee combo is the most cost efficient way to get Brussels currently.
Havana Moon offers no Japan bonus and the Ward Havana / Ole Ole Ole combo is obsolete now with the separate Japan Ole Ole Ole 2DVD combo. (unless a CD of the 2nd DVD is released in some Super deluxe box...I doubt it.)

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 17, 2017 07:05

Irix
Bashlets

It's also available in the US-iTunes-Store: $9.99 - $11.99 .

Use the Search bar of the iTunes-Store and type Rolling Stones Amsterdam (Paris, Brixton).
They're 25 bucks each on the Australian iTunes Store!

Brixton, Paradiso and Olympia 1995 - All are available on iTunes.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 17, 2017 22:49

I had no idea this was coming out. You can buy the soundtracks for all 3 shows on iTunes as of now.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Brixton, Paradiso and Olympia 1995 - All are available on iTunes.
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 17, 2017 22:56

I've got them on Spotify; wonder if they'll come out on CD too.

Date: June 17, 2017 23:05

JumpingKentFlash

You can buy the soundtracks for all 3 shows on iTunes as of now.

See also here: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 18, 2017 00:41

This is awesome news, thanks JumpingKentFlash!

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 18, 2017 16:00

10 years ago, these shows were like a holy grail.
Now we have finally got it.
Incredible performances!!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 18, 2017 16:31

Blueranger
10 years ago, these shows were like a holy grail.
Now we have finally got it.
Incredible performances!!!

Agreed,thanks to all providing infos and links concerning this.
Great totally stripped package sitting on the shelf meanwhile...

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 18, 2017 17:56

An 'important' note:

The 3 concerts are NOT THE SAME as on the DVD / Blueray's from last year.
Several cues are longer, compared to the film's.
Also, 'Beast Of Burden' from Amsterdam has some kind of edit in the film, that does not appear on the audio. More on this later. My guess is that it is just the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: June 18, 2017 18:28

Rip this joint does have the false start (not on the dvd) but it doesn't have that first chord Keith strums on SFM (until now only heard on the original Stripped CD) I wonder what they used for this...

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 19, 2017 16:19

Blueranger
An 'important' note:

The 3 concerts are NOT THE SAME as on the DVD / Blueray's from last year.
Several cues are longer, compared to the film's.
Also, 'Beast Of Burden' from Amsterdam has some kind of edit in the film, that does not appear on the audio. More on this later. My guess is that it is just the tip of the iceberg.

The Paradiso show has also the introduction of Michael Cohl which is not on the dvd.
Hopefully we also get the other Paradiso gig in full audio and/or (BR) DVD

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051Next
Current Page: 46 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home