Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 8, 2016 19:26

frankotero
Not Fade Away-Paradiso
It's All Over Now-Paradiso
Tumbling Dice-Olympia
Live With Me-Paradiso
Monkey Man-Brixton
Gimme Shelter-Paradiso
Beast Of Burden-Paradiso
Meet Me In The Bottom-Olympia
Spider And The Fly-Paradiso
Connection-Paradiso
Slipping Away-Paradiso
Like A Rolling Stone-Brixton
I Go Wild-Olympia
Rip This Joint-Paradiso
Jumpin' Jack Flash-Olympia

After waisting almost 20 CD-R's, I finally came up with the perfect disc with beautiful transitions between songs. And got to save a lot of talk from Mick and Keith too. I used Wave Editor in the Nero Program to make the edits. Have fun making your own version. Kind of like doing this myself.

Looks great! I'd love to hear it.

What are your favorite lines between Mick and Keith? Very cool project.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 8, 2016 20:33

Exilestones- The one that comes to mind quickly is when Mick forgets to introduce Charlie, then Keith (maybe) tries to beat Mick to do it? Anyhow, cool. Seems the Paradiso had the guys in great spirits.

Posted by: pledge1970 ()
Date: September 12, 2016 14:43

The link to the home made artwork is no longer available.

I bought the Japanese Bluray with shirt edition, as i don't have a bluray rip facility... I now have bought a deluxe DVD copy too !!!

Is there any way of making the art download link re -appear ?

many thanks

Sean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-12 14:49 by pledge1970.

Date: September 12, 2016 14:49

pledge1970
This no longer available.

Is there any way of making it re -appear ?

many thanks

Sean

What is no longer available?

Date: September 12, 2016 14:50

DandelionPowderman
pledge1970
This no longer available.

Is there any way of making it re -appear ?

many thanks

Sean

What is no longer available?

Sorry, I edited my message. I meant the download link for the artwork

Sean

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 12, 2016 15:10

pledge1970
The link to the home made artwork is no longer available.

I bought the Japanese Bluray with shirt edition, as i don't have a bluray rip facility... I now have bought a deluxe DVD copy too !!!

Is there any way of making the art download link re -appear ?

many thanks

Sean

Here you go, expires September 19.
[www.wetransfer.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: September 16, 2016 17:56

Many thanks

Sorry for my delay in thanking you, I was away on business

Sean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-16 17:57 by pledge1970.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 17, 2016 17:38

UDISCOVER PRESENTS RARE ROLLING STONES 'STRIPPED' ARCHIVE INTERVIEW SERIES

To complement the release of Totally Stripped, an updated and augmented CD+DVD / Vinyl & Super Deluxe Editions version of the Rolling Stones' much-admired Stripped album of 1995, uDiscover is giving Stones devotees the chance to listen to super-rare interviews from the time of the original disc. 21 years ago, music journalist Paul Sexton met with both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to discuss the album, and these promotional interviews have become archive rarities, unheard over the past two decades. We now present edited highlights in a daily, four-part series.

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: September 22, 2016 07:34

Received this set yesterday, have seen Paris and Brixton so far. Paris was very good (perhaps apart from Shattered), including an excellent I Go Wild. Brixton was on another level entirely, though. So much energy, great guitars, great Mick... I sort of laughed to myself when the accompanying book suggested Brixton might be the greatest Stones show... but it doesn't seem so far fetched now.

Psyched for Paradiso tomorrow night. So far this set is a great reminder of what a force the Stones still were in '95. Vegas years my ass...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 22, 2016 10:31

tommycharles
Received this set yesterday, have seen Paris and Brixton so far. Paris was very good (perhaps apart from Shattered), including an excellent I Go Wild. Brixton was on another level entirely, though. So much energy, great guitars, great Mick... I sort of laughed to myself when the accompanying book suggested Brixton might be the greatest Stones show... but it doesn't seem so far fetched now.

Psyched for Paradiso tomorrow night. So far this set is a great reminder of what a force the Stones still were in '95. Vegas years my ass...

Completely agree - and about Paradiso: you're in for a treat.

Concerning Brixton: not disagreeing with you here, but to me, that one looks & sounds more like an Arena/ stadium show. Not very 'clubby' (obviously the size & feel of that particular stage & venue has something to do with that as well...). So it kinda beats its own purpose here, at the acclaimed & intended 'club Stones' of Stripped. To me, Brixton offers no real (added) value here. Not claiming at all it's a bad concert, though... (but I must admit I'm not really thrilled by the setlist, renditions & overall performance either.)
And Olympia is sort of 'in-between'.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 24, 2016 05:00

Lisa was so nice looking back then and Keith could still play that's what I got from it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-24 05:03 by black n blue.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 24, 2016 05:02

Spider and Fly was outstanding, Respectable not so much

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 24, 2016 17:15

frankotero
Not Fade Away-Paradiso
It's All Over Now-Paradiso
Tumbling Dice-Olympia
Live With Me-Paradiso
Monkey Man-Brixton
Gimme Shelter-Paradiso
Beast Of Burden-Paradiso
Meet Me In The Bottom-Olympia
Spider And The Fly-Paradiso
Connection-Paradiso
Slipping Away-Paradiso
Like A Rolling Stone-Brixton
I Go Wild-Olympia
Rip This Joint-Paradiso
Jumpin' Jack Flash-Olympia

After waisting almost 20 CD-R's, I finally came up with the perfect disc with beautiful transitions between songs. And got to save a lot of talk from Mick and Keith too. I used Wave Editor in the Nero Program to make the edits. Have fun making your own version. Kind of like doing this myself.

Why didn't our couldn't you make a playlist before burning that tells you how long it is and arranging the order?

Brixton DVD... sped up
Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 26, 2016 22:08

Hello everyone. I was watching the Brixton Academy DVD from Totally Stripped. Love it. Great era, the band is playing great, love the energy. I did notice on a few songs they sped up the video. On a couple songs, its like watching it with someone hitting fast forward. I understand sometimes the video speed will be made to go a little faster for a live show on DVD. I get that, but it shouldn't be to the point where you notice it. On some songs here, its awkward. It shouldn't sound like the Chimpmuncks! I do love this show and love having the whole show on DVD, but I don't understand the extreme some of these songs were taken to, in terms of speeding up the video feed. Opinions???

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Re: Brixton DVD... sped up
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 26, 2016 22:18

On my Brixton DVD everything has the right speed and right pitch. Maybe a setting on your video player is wrong?

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 26, 2016 22:20

I didn't notice, what songs did you notice?

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 26, 2016 22:33

I can play guitar to every song in the right key. I don't think it is sped up.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 26, 2016 23:57

If you want to talk sped up DVD's, look at LSTNT. Ridiculous. I've never seen a Bluray version of it, perhaps it's speed corrected.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 27, 2016 00:21

Maybe you have a regio 2 dvd, that's the so-called PAL system, those are going faster.
It's not the case with blu ray.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 27, 2016 00:45

No prob here ...maybe ya girlfriend is sittin' on the fast-forward button of da remote

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 27, 2016 00:56

Rockman
No prob here ...maybe ya girlfriend is sittin' on the fast-forward button of da remote

You dirty old man, you!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 27, 2016 01:03

....butt ...butt it's a common problem ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 27, 2016 03:02

Rockman

grinning smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 27, 2016 17:59

I didn't recognize any problems with the speed either. Anyway, I have a question - did anyone compare the picture quallity of the DVDs and the Blurays? I mean, the shows were not recorded in HD obviously, so is it really woth it to buy the bluray version? (I already have the DVDs anyway :-)

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 27, 2016 18:58

DGA35
If you want to talk sped up DVD's, look at LSTNT. Ridiculous. I've never seen a Bluray version of it, perhaps it's speed corrected.

Nope

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 27, 2016 20:21

Happy24
I didn't recognize any problems with the speed either. Anyway, I have a question - did anyone compare the picture quallity of the DVDs and the Blurays? I mean, the shows were not recorded in HD obviously, so is it really woth it to buy the bluray version? (I already have the DVDs anyway :-)
Only reason to get the bluray is for the sound i believe

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 27, 2016 21:07

To calarify, I have the blue ray. Watch Black Limousine. Pay attention to the little things... how quickly the guitar players hands move, how little manurisms are "quick jerks" instead of fluid motions, how quickly Mick's hair blows in the breeze. There is what should be a slow fade into a close up but it instead zooms right in too quickly, etc. Take that song and watch it. You can't tell me it's not sped up.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 27, 2016 22:44

To be able to tell it's been sped-up you have to have a musical instrument to play along with the music. If a chord you play doesn't match the one the band plays then the music has been sped-up.

Soundgarden's classic single "Black Hole Sun" has been sped-up so it's impossible to play along with the music.

I noticed no problems with the Brixton show... Imho the sound of the Paradiso gig is only so-so (the drums sound awful) but London sounds wonderful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-27 22:45 by dcba.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 27, 2016 23:04

mickjagger1009
To calarify, I have the blue ray. Watch Black Limousine. Pay attention to the little things... how quickly the guitar players hands move, how little manurisms are "quick jerks" instead of fluid motions, how quickly Mick's hair blows in the breeze. There is what should be a slow fade into a close up but it instead zooms right in too quickly, etc. Take that song and watch it. You can't tell me it's not sped up.

It's my understanding that only certain versions of the film are sped up, probably those that were converted to PAL at some point.

[www.michaeldvd.com]

I've never seen the sped up version to compare, though.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: December 26, 2016 08:54

Santa was kind enough to get me the Totally Stripped DVD-CD package. Haven't watched the DVDs yet, but the CD is quite enjoyable. I have to say I liked the live version of I Go Wild better than the studio version. And on Brown Sugar, Bobby Keys just blew me away, he was so on fire. Looking forward to watching the DVDs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home