Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Date: June 7, 2016 15:38

5 out of 14 songs are warhorses (if we count MR as one)...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 7, 2016 15:46

DandelionPowderman
Six out of 14. And two of those are long winking smiley
1 Honky Tonk Women
2 Miss You
3 Brown Sugar
4 Midnight Rambler
5 Jumpin' Jack Flash
6 Gimmie Shelter

Date: June 7, 2016 16:01

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
1 Honky Tonk Women
2 Miss You
3 Brown Sugar
4 Midnight Rambler
5 Jumpin' Jack Flash
6 Gimmie Shelter

I think we have to applaude that we get more than 50 percent non-warhorses on an official Stones live album. It's progress winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 7, 2016 16:20

DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
1 Honky Tonk Women
2 Miss You
3 Brown Sugar
4 Midnight Rambler
5 Jumpin' Jack Flash
6 Gimmie Shelter

I think we have to applaude that we get more than 50 percent non-warhorses on an official Stones live album. It's progress winking smiley

this is true, but IMO the sound of the DVDS is better/superior than on the audio cd.
Jeroen

Date: June 7, 2016 16:22

corriecas
DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
1 Honky Tonk Women
2 Miss You
3 Brown Sugar
4 Midnight Rambler
5 Jumpin' Jack Flash
6 Gimmie Shelter

this is true, but IMO the sound of the DVDS is better/superior than on the audio cd.
Jeroen

My box sets haven't arrived yet, but I have listened to a audio rip of the Paradiso DVD, and I agree totally thumbs up

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 7, 2016 16:27

I purchased the blu-ray version but don't have the ability to rip blu-ray audio. I would love to have the audio from the Paradiso show. Any "suggestions"?

rossv427@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 7, 2016 16:39

Ross
I purchased the blu-ray version but don't have the ability to rip blu-ray audio. I would love to have the audio from the Paradiso show. Any "suggestions"?

rossv427@hotmail.com

Thanks!
[www.dvdfab.cn]

Date: June 7, 2016 16:41

dcba
Don't quote me verbatim on the "four" B-sides, it's probably three : "I’m Gonna Drive" "The Storm" and "Jump On Top Of Me". But three songs written in an afternoon, ain't that a tour de force?

It might be, but i like them !!
Jeroen

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 7, 2016 16:47

ironbelly
Ross

rossv427@hotmail.com

Thanks!
[www.dvdfab.cn]

Thanks! My problem is my computer doesn't have a blu-ray drive. I'm way overdue for that upgrade, I guess now's the time! I will check out that program.

Ross

Paradiso thoughts
Date: June 3, 2016 23:13

I cant get over how Awesome this show is... Keith is on fire, mick is as soulful as ever and ronnie really stands out, esp when he plays that thunderbird. incredible show

.....keep on rolling.....

Re: Paradiso thoughts
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 3, 2016 23:18

Yes.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 4, 2016 00:10

THE best release by ANY band in a long time...holy grail type stuff!!!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 4, 2016 00:12

That's why it's a shame the other Paradiso show isn't included, which was way beter than Olympia and Brixton, which are not realy different to Arena shows which a lot of warhorses and only a couple of rare songs.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 4, 2016 00:13

possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen........the brixton edits of Mick's comments before and after black limousine are ridiculous though

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 4, 2016 00:38

No thoughts anymore.

This is The Holy Grail type of Hot Stuff.

PARADISO no. 1 (not 2).

Edit:
Still A Fool (a not so good performance) and Jump On Top Of Me
to the lame (mostly invited "vip" crowd and the rest drunk) the second night were/are not as good as the spontaneous first Paradiso Gig of Heaven.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-04 00:57 by RipThisBone.

Date: June 4, 2016 00:50

I saw the first show yesterday at the Paradiso. it was a great show and the concert itself is awesome.
Jeroen

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: June 4, 2016 00:58

You Got to Roll Me
I cant get over how Awesome this show is... Keith is on fire, mick is as soulful as ever and ronnie really stands out, esp when he plays that thunderbird. incredible show

Ha, I thought you were referring to the seed bankspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 6, 2016 01:07

The rare stuff from night two still could have been bonus tracks - shelled out $100 bucks for this, would have liked the whole deal including more of the Tokyo stuff.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 6, 2016 04:41

Lynd8
The rare stuff from night two still could have been bonus tracks - shelled out $100 bucks for this, would have liked the whole deal including more of the Tokyo stuff.

thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 6, 2016 09:53

Lynd8

Maybe they have a "Stripped Punto Final" grinning smiley in the cans that would include a dvd of the Paradiso II show completed with video extracts of the Tolyo "Toshiba" sessions?

Date: June 6, 2016 11:04

Listening through this show right now. Might be one of their best ever.

What a performance! thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 6, 2016 11:10

Best show ever.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: June 6, 2016 11:23

You Got to Roll Me

I don´t know if Ronnie can play a Thunderbird as well, but the guitar he is playing is a Gibson Firebird ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-06 11:23 by RockingLonestar.

Date: June 6, 2016 11:53

powerage78
Best show ever.

It might be true this time smiling smiley

Care to tell us why you think it's not?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 6, 2016 12:03

dcba
Lynd8

Maybe they have a "Stripped Punto Final" grinning smiley in the cans that would include a dvd of the Paradiso II show completed with video extracts of the Tolyo "Toshiba" sessions?

Just in time for xmas........smoking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 6, 2016 12:14

Absolutely brilliant performance. Easily one of the best releases, but I need more time before I can say it's better than anything else, especially considering Ya-Ya's and Brussels. Also, Texas '78 is a good contender for strongest performance. Maybe there's even more in the vaults that are great on this level? That would be something.

Date: June 6, 2016 12:23

frankotero
Absolutely brilliant performance. Easily one of the best releases, but I need more time before I can say it's better than anything else, especially considering Ya-Ya's and Brussels. Also, Texas '78 is a good contender for strongest performance. Maybe there's even more in the vaults that are great on this level? That would be something.

It's apples and oranges, as this show is so different - with the heavy emphasis on acoustic numbers. One would have to love that approach smiling smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 6, 2016 12:36

Really one of the best releases ever. I only have two complains:

1. Where is the second show? Only Dead Flowers and some incomplete stuff on the documentary.

2. Why did they edit out so many things? The false start of rip this joint is missing, the first slow chord of street fighting man is missing and they edited the last verse of like a rolling stone where Mick Congress in late. That's only the obvious ones as they are all heard on the CD version. I bet there are more edits especially between the songs and before the encore.

Date: June 6, 2016 13:34

hockenheim95

1. Where is the second show? Only Dead Flowers and some incomplete stuff on the documentary.

2. Why did they edit out so many things? The false start of rip this joint is missing, the first slow chord of street fighting man is missing and they edited the last verse of like a rolling stone where Mick Congress in late. That's only the obvious ones as they are all heard on the CD version. I bet there are more edits especially between the songs and before the encore.

Is it? I haven't gotten my box set yet, but on the download I got the wrong key intro is indeed included smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-06 13:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 6, 2016 16:02

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95

Is it? I haven't gotten my box set yet, but on the download I got the wrong key intro is indeed included smiling smiley

Oddly it is included on CD but not on the show itself.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home