Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 7, 2016 21:19

The 1995 Stripped Box

ROLLING STONES Stripped (Scarce 1995 UK limited edition 12" x 12" box set including 80-page paperback book "An In Depth Trip Through The Voodoo Lounge 1994-1995" including photos & tour information,"Stripped" wristband, replica stage pass and enhanced CD album, all housed in a superb picture box).

Stripped was also issued on LPs in 1995.

Date: April 7, 2016 21:21

Last one...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 7, 2016 21:45

rogerriffin
ironbelly
Father Ted
Blu Ray now has a basic listing on Amzn UK but credited to Tony Bennett.
C'mon, amazon uk, make a big time screw up with pricing once again! winking smiley

DVD for 3.95gbp...
[www.amazon.co.uk]

You'll get a fabulous Tony Bennett CD for your money.

Date: April 7, 2016 22:39

[www.youtube.com]

"Angie" Stripped bonus track 1995. Release in Japan only.

Performance unknown.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 8, 2016 00:57

exilestones
Remember the CD Rom? Was there extra songs on there. I don't think I ever got it to work. We needed a patch.

STRIPPED CD ROM Virgin 410402

ROLLING STONES Stripped 1995 US Virgin label 14-track enhanced CD album - live album from the band, that mixed intimate venue recordings with live studio sessions and other rareties from their back catalogue, includes their infamous cover of BobDylan's Like A Rolling Stone. Also features bonus video and interactive material.

[eil.com]

Nope, no extra songs. Just an interview or two, a discography and the video for Like A Rolling Stone (from what I remember). I got it but only played the enhanced part once or twice at the time it came out.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 8, 2016 01:14

exilestones
For Japanese version of Stripped [VJCP-25202] Black Limousine was used as a bonus track

For Japanese version of Bridges to Babylon [VJCP-25333] - Angie from March 6, 1995

There was another Angie from Japan - on video CD Voodoo Lounge in Tokyo, concert from March 12, 1995.

According to [aeppli.ch]
0.611 MARCH 6, 1995 TOKYO DOME, TOKYO
8 Angie
Cut 8: Released on
BRIDGES TO BABYLON (CD), Virgin VJCP-25333, late September, 1997;
STRIPPED AWAY (BT CD).
I believe, people who create the back cover of STRIPPED AWAY just made up that info. Angie was not used as bonus for Stripped.

Why don't you help yourself with three bookmarks?
[aeppli.ch]
[www.nzentgraf.de]
[www.stonessessions.com]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 01:15

shadooby
exilestones
Remember the CD Rom? Was there extra songs on there. I don't think I ever got it to work. We needed a patch.

STRIPPED CD ROM Virgin 410402

ROLLING STONES Stripped 1995 US Virgin label 14-track enhanced CD album - live album from the band, that mixed intimate venue recordings with live studio sessions and other rareties from their back catalogue, includes their infamous cover of BobDylan's Like A Rolling Stone. Also features bonus video and interactive material.

[eil.com]

Nope, no extra songs. Just an interview or two, a discography and the video for Like A Rolling Stone (from what I remember). I got it but only played the enhanced part once or twice at the time it came out.

Wasn't there some backstage stuff like Shattered on the disc? And I remember parts of Like A Rolling Stone from another concert than the one used on Stripped. You could only watch the content via MS DOS

Posted by: HamburgerToGo ()
Date: April 8, 2016 03:42

"Bitches keep bitchin'
Snitches keep snitchin'..."

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 8, 2016 10:16

hockenheim95
shadooby

Wasn't there some backstage stuff like Shattered on the disc? And I remember parts of Like A Rolling Stone from another concert than the one used on Stripped. You could only watch the content via MS DOS

If I remember correctly there were Keith and Ronnie backstage starting with the Shattered
bridge and then taking it away with some boogie jam.
And there was a part of Mick entering the dressing room where Chuck and the back up
singers were doing Tumbling Dice.
And somehow there was a feature that gave entrance to the "voodoo lounge", with pictures
and stuff, but I never got that working properly.

These were the early days of playing video's on a desktop computer. Clips were about
2 minutes long and grainy.

When Microsoft introduced windows95, it was no longer possible to start this part of
the CD, because the "clever" software recognised the disk as being a music CD, not
a data disk.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 8, 2016 11:19

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 8, 2016 12:29

exilestones
[www.youtube.com]

Performance unknown.

This is the bonus track from the Japanese "Bridges To Babylon".
Recorded at the Tokyo Dome, March 6, 1995.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: April 9, 2016 02:17

Will there be a U.S. Release and if not will these discs play on our equipment?mat the moment I use only an XBox One to play dvd and bluray, if that matters.

Date: April 9, 2016 02:27

marcovandereijk
hockenheim95
shadooby

If I remember correctly there were Keith and Ronnie backstage starting with the Shattered
And there was a part of Mick entering the dressing room where Chuck and the back up
And somehow there was a feature that gave entrance to the "voodoo lounge", with pictures

These were the early days of playing video's on a desktop computer. Clips were about

When Microsoft introduced windows95, it was no longer possible to start this part of
the CD, because the "clever" software recognised the disk as being a music CD, not
a data disk.

On my Windows 10 laptop, I'm not able to access the videos on the Voodoo Lounge companion CD-ROM, yet I managed to save a few on my old Windows 7 one... Never could quite access the Stripped content, though.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 9, 2016 03:08

I never managed to see it on my computer. What I understood was that this cd-rom bonus stuff was basically a teaser for and included on the official Voodoo Lounge cd-rom, which I didn't watch for the last 15 years and probably doesn't work anymore either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-09 03:17 by GJV.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 9, 2016 22:34

For those, who still seeking. Today there is 26% discount on Japanese side of amazon.
4DVD+2CD+T-shirt (+ delivery + import tax) for EU will be 130-140 EUR
[www.amazon.co.jp]
4Blueray+2CD+T-shirt (+ delivery + import tax) for EU will be 135-145 EUR
[www.amazon.co.jp]
DVD+2CD - approx. 65EUR (including tax and S&H)
[www.amazon.co.jp]
Blueray+2CD - approx 70EUR (including tax and S&H)
[www.amazon.co.jp]
I do not give exact values as long as different countries have different VAT.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: April 10, 2016 05:39

I just received an email from Amazon UK saying that there won't be a blu ray boxset version only DVD

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 10, 2016 10:17

philrock90
I just received an email from Amazon UK saying that there won't be a blu ray boxset version only DVD

The Eagle Rock press release says there will be. Amazon.de only has the individual Blu Ray listed and the box as DVD. Could just be a breakdown in communication...

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 10, 2016 13:41

Jpc.de has the Blu Ray Box for a good price (56€)

confused smileyRe: Totally Stripped
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 10, 2016 16:09

Amazon UK says the number of discs for the CD release is 4 while the DVD is only 1 disc. The CD set costs nearly twice as much as the DVD which suggests they haven't made an error so have I missed something?

The DVD is relatively expensive if it's only one disc so poor Harlem Shuffler is confused. confused smiley

Sorry but I don't know how to create links with an iPad.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 10, 2016 16:17

...great addition...thank you RS!

Re: confused smileyRe: Totally Stripped
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 10, 2016 16:42

Harlem Shuffler
Amazon UK says the number of discs for the CD release is 4 while the DVD is only 1 disc. The CD set costs nearly twice as much as the DVD which suggests they haven't made an error so have I missed something?

The DVD is relatively expensive if it's only one disc so poor Harlem Shuffler is confused. confused smiley

it's just like always: at first the set up some phantasy prices (much too low or much too high) and in the follow hours/days/weeks they adjust them to a reasonable level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 16:43 by slewan.

Date: April 10, 2016 19:06

slewan
Harlem Shuffler

it's just like always: at first the set up some phantasy prices (much too low or much too high) and in the follow hours/days/weeks they adjust them to a reasonable level.

Thanks for your reply,slewan. So the number of discs mentioned can't be trusted either? What concerns me most is just the one disc on the DVD. That can't be right, can it???

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 10, 2016 19:24

Harlem Shuffler
slewan
Harlem Shuffler

Thanks for your reply,slewan. So the number of discs mentioned can't be trusted either? What concerns me most is just the one disc on the DVD. That can't be right, can it???

the 1 disc-DVD version is most likely just the documentation
the best overview of the various formats can be found at jpc (Germany)

Date: April 10, 2016 19:34

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
marcovandereijk
hockenheim95
shadooby

a data disk.

On my Windows 10 laptop, I'm not able to access the videos on the Voodoo Lounge companion CD-ROM, yet I managed to save a few on my old Windows 7 one... Never could quite access the Stripped content, though.

Can we capture the VL and Stripped CD Rom somehow?

Date: April 10, 2016 23:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 15:33 by blueswithafeeling.

Date: April 11, 2016 00:15

slewan
Harlem Shuffler
slewan
Harlem Shuffler

the 1 disc-DVD version is most likely just the documentation
the best overview of the various formats can be found at jpc (Germany)
Thanks again, slewan. Fingers crossed!

Posted by: Ale67 ()
Date: April 11, 2016 18:42

Hello guys,
as blurays are described as SD, do you really think is really worth to buy them, instead of dvds?
Thank you

Date: April 11, 2016 18:43

Deltics
exilestones
[www.youtube.com]

Performance unknown.

This is the bonus track from the Japanese "Bridges To Babylon".
Recorded at the Tokyo Dome, March 6, 1995.

wOw! Thanks

Date: April 11, 2016 18:51

Video: [www.youtube.com]

The Last song "It's All Over Now" is from a TV special. There has never been a nice clear copy of that video around. "It's All Over Now" starts at 15:22.

Id there a better copy of this TV special with a sharp "It's All Over Now?"

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 11, 2016 22:21

Would like to have it on my iPad. Any word about an iTunes-release?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home