Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 28, 2016 20:28

HMS
The "missing rarities" maybe are not considered to be good enough for release. I remember Let´s Spend The Night Together (Stripped-Outtake) being the most boring version I´ve ever heard, they seem to be half asleep. I´d totally understand if they dont want to release stuff like that.

This is a wonderful package, not a missed chance.

No, any new compilation is always a "missed opportunity". It's an iorr tradition. Or maybe a Rolling Stones tradition. I dunno.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 28, 2016 22:32

Green Lady

No, any new compilation is always a "missed opportunity". It's an iorr tradition. Or maybe a Rolling Stones tradition. I dunno.

in this case it's extremely strange: They're going to release three out of four 1995 club shows on DVDs featuring 64 songs but only one rare song (Down In The Bottom), while leaving out two more very rare song – in fact one-off performances (Still A Fool and Jump On Top Of Me). Pretty hard to understand (unless they're planning to release a super duper collector's edition…)

Date: March 28, 2016 22:35

slewan
Green Lady

in this case it's extremely strange: They're going to release three out of four 1995 club shows on DVDs featuring 64 songs but only one rare song (Down In The Bottom), while leaving out two more very rare song – in fact one-off performances (Still A Fool and Jump On Top Of Me). Pretty hard to understand (unless they're planning to release a super duper collector's edition…)

Don't rule that out...

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 28, 2016 22:46

slewan
Green Lady

Maybe those songs are included in the expanded documentary?? It would make since to include them since they aren't part of the shows that are included, but essential because they re so rare.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 29, 2016 00:33

Somehow I see the 2nd Paradiso set in The Vault Series in the very near future. Could be very possible.

Otherwise we have to look for quality bootlabels in the future.

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: March 29, 2016 00:49

Sorry but am get sick and tired of all the whining about we miss this , we miss that .

Personally am excited as F%$k ,that finally such a release is happening !

Think the stones / Publisher can never make everybody happy , But I remember the times Pre Vaults !! ,

And believe me am happy with the stuff they bring out ,

Especially THIS ONE , BRIXTON RULES smileys with beer

Nico

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: March 29, 2016 04:59

The Premium Edition Blu-Ray is up for pre-order on CdJapan for $260.30 + shipping.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 29, 2016 06:11

Its 316$ with shipping. Think I'm going to pass on the vinyl and t shirt edition. .

Date: March 29, 2016 12:58

This thread deserves to be labeled as/with a sticky!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 29, 2016 13:00

nico one
Sorry but am get sick and tired of all the whining about we miss this , we miss that .

Think the stones / Publisher can never make everybody happy , But I remember the times Pre Vaults !! ,

Nico

smileys with beerhot smileyAnd paradiso Too !!
Jeroen

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 29, 2016 13:33

nico one

Nico

Couldn't agree more Nico. There's plenty to be happy about here.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 23:28

Does anyone know the release date of Totally Stripped in Europe?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 30, 2016 09:06

These are Amazon.co.jp link.

[full Limited production 1000 set DVD + CD + bonus CD + bonus 3DVD +
T-shirt]
notice: DVD region code 2, T-shirts L size

[www.amazon.co.jp]

[full Limited production 1000 set SD-Blu-ray + CD + bonus CD + bonus
3SD-Blu-ray + T-shirt]
notice: Blu-ray region code A, T-shirts L size

[www.amazon.co.jp]

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: March 30, 2016 09:47

nico one
Publisher can never make everybody happy...

They never even try to make anyone happy.

Look at all the amazing sets coming out with unreleased stuff. While the Stones are barely putting out anything. The new things released as part of the Vaults series are great, but hardly compare to what has been put out from Dylan or The Velvet Underground or The Beatles/Lennon/McCartney or anyone/any band, in fact.

The Some Girls Super Deluxe Ed. is a rip off just like any other Super Deluxe Ed. from The Stones.

Date: March 30, 2016 10:28

frenki09
nico one

Look at all the amazing sets coming out with unreleased stuff. While the Stones are barely putting out anything. The new things released as part of the Vaults series are great, but hardly compare to what has been put out from Dylan or The Velvet Underground or The Beatles/Lennon/McCartney or anyone/any band, in fact.

The Some Girls Super Deluxe Ed. is a rip off just like any other Super Deluxe Ed. from The Stones.

I don't follow you here. Why was Grrr, SG, Exile, Ya Yas, Charlie Is My Darling, Brussels or SF Deluxe rip offs? They were all great, great releases.

The only thing worth complaining about was that Exile, SG and SF didn't include vinyl for all tracks. Same with CIMD, but there you got the wonderful live EP on vinyl.

I'm curious about how the Velvet Underground releases could top this? I'm happy to be wrong, though smiling smiley

Dylan is in his own league with stuff like this, because of his amount of production / material.

Date: March 30, 2016 11:52

DandelionPowderman
frenki09
nico one

I don't follow you here. Why was Grrr, SG, Exile, Ya Yas, Charlie Is My Darling, Brussels or SF Deluxe rip offs?

simply put: all these releases didn't include much previously unreleased (and unavailable) stuff. Just count they few unreleased songs/performances and you'll find out that you had to pay a fortune to get maybe three or four hours of "new" music

Date: March 30, 2016 12:13

slewan
DandelionPowderman
frenki09
nico one

I don't follow you here. Why was Grrr, SG, Exile, Ya Yas, Charlie Is My Darling, Brussels or SF Deluxe rip offs?

simply put: all these releases didn't include much previously unreleased (and unavailable) stuff. Just count they few unreleased songs/performances and you'll find out that you had to pay a fortune to get maybe three or four hours of "new" music

What we had was SOME of those songs in unfinished versions, in rotten sound quality or we didn't have them at all.

Live In England 65, the Roundhouse tracks, the missing Leeds tracks, the Exile and SG tracks, the SF outtakes, the extra tracks from Ya Yas, the BB King and Ike and Tina-shows, the SG-show, Checkerboard Lounge – the list is long, and certainly more to cherish than what you give the Stones credit for, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-30 14:06 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: March 30, 2016 12:23

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

yes I just received this smiling bouncing smiley

Some Toshiba studio in it

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-30 12:26 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 30, 2016 12:40

toomuchforme
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

yes I just received this smiling bouncing smiley

Some Toshiba studio in it
But some Toshiba studio as on original TV especial. Are you surge they add more of those? Don't you have a feeling they just add new blah-blah-blah (aka interviews with members)?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 30, 2016 12:56

Historically they hold back on giving a full, complete, un-cut release. So in their defense I have to say this is a step forward. I'm curious if the rest of the world will see the same formats, minus the bonus songs.

Date: March 30, 2016 13:18

frankotero
Historically they hold back on giving a full, complete, un-cut release. So in their defense I have to say this is a step forward.

wait and see if/how much they edited those performances (added and/or replaced guitar parts, re-done vocals, re-mixed etc etc – like so often or even always)

Date: March 30, 2016 13:20

Three previously unreleased shows that fans have been demanding for almost twenty years - what's not to be happy about?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 30, 2016 13:42

Father Ted
Three previously unreleased shows that fans have been demanding for almost twenty years - what's not to be happy about?

You´re right.
I don´t know...some of us will always find something to complain about.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 31, 2016 15:09

I am really looking forward to this release!
And maybe more footage of the Toshiba sessions are in the extended documentary or the are bonus one the dvd. Maybe they also do add the songs of the second Paradiso show as bonus.
And if they don't release it they must have a good reason for it. I'm glad that the even release this box!

Date: March 31, 2016 15:17

Do we know the release dates for the RoW?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 31, 2016 16:00

Father Ted
Do we know the release dates for the RoW?
I have a funny feeling they will put RoW version on sale after they will ship Japanese ones. You know, they will force you to order from Japan, charge your card for big $$$ and after that give you cheaper option. hot smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 31, 2016 23:31

Just ordered on CdJapan...can't wait!
hot smiley

Date: March 31, 2016 23:34

What is RoW?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 31, 2016 23:50

DandelionPowderman
What is RoW?

Rest Of Wold.............is my guess...

Sick of this (SOT)
Lazy boring reactions (LBR)
Kizz my azz (KMA)

Thank You (TY).

Date: March 31, 2016 23:52

Thanks! grinning smiley

drinking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home