Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 26, 2016 11:28

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 19:22 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 26, 2016 11:30

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 15:39 by blueswithafeeling.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 26, 2016 11:40

pooroldgrandad

super deluxe edition:1DVD+1CD+3DVD(paradiso+olympia+brixton)+bonus CD(3 songs for Japanese special)+2LP+T-shirts+memorabilia

Our dream is come true.

Alas they opted for the one city one disc" solution which means both Paradisos will be blended into one composite gig...

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 26, 2016 14:44

desertblues68
Anyone knows if a version with all 3 concerts will be released in Europe? Last time I ordered from Japan I was charged VAT from UK customs to release my already very expensive package.eye popping smiley

There's a way around that; if you purchase from CDJapan, you mark on the dispatch that it's a gift. That way you avoid the extortionate duty - I did it twice, once on the Marquee / Brussels set, and another time on a Beck, Bogert, Appice double live CD.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 26, 2016 14:51

I just ordered the Ward version, because it looks like that's the only way to get a box including the Lp's and the photobook.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: March 26, 2016 17:23

Hopefully the extras on the documentary will include some of the Toshiba studio outtakes.

Date: March 26, 2016 19:29

I think you're right on that presumtion. The original Tv version was just 50 minutes, now it's 90 minutes. That's 40 minutes extra. The Tv docu had complete songs in it, so hopefully they put a lot of extra songs in it from Toshiba and Portugal and ofcourse the other Paradiso concert.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:35

I don't see the usual "Japan Only" mention for the big Ward box...
So it looks like there's no need to use personal shopper Japan this time.

Date: March 26, 2016 19:50

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 19:21 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 26, 2016 20:33

Officially they don't sell/send outside Japan...
but there are other ways.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 20:35 by GJV.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:42

Urban, your @ is hidden...

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 23:12

Simply amazes me how they always find a way to leave the most important stuff off.. At quick glance the sole interesting song in this whole mess is "Down In The Bottom"

slewan
mitch
Shit, this is the 1st Paradiso which is released.

i.e. missing songs are:
Still A Fool, Jump On Top Of Me, Before They Make Me Run, Can't Get Next To You – unforgivable, I'd say

Date: March 26, 2016 23:27

Maybe it's in the Stripped documentary, it's 40 minutes longer, so there have to be a lot of new stuff included what was not in it the first time.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 27, 2016 00:15

I'll be watching Ward records for a vinyl box set. I am sure they will have one. With a T-shirt, blue ray, etc.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 27, 2016 00:20

I'll just wait for the UK release which I hope gets put up on amazon soon

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: March 27, 2016 03:16

Lynd8
Simply amazes me how they always find a way to leave the most important stuff off.. At quick glance the sole interesting song in this whole mess is "Down In The Bottom"

slewan
mitch

i.e. missing songs are:
Still A Fool, Jump On Top Of Me, Before They Make Me Run, Can't Get Next To You – unforgivable, I'd say

Simply amazes me how fans are always moaning before a note are released or how they can always find a way to moan about anything.
That it's rare doesn't always mean it's great.
Jump On Top Of Me and Still A Fool are quite in-essential, which shows on bootleg. If they had chosen to release the 27 may concert instead, the moaners would have moaned about not releasing the 26 may. Moan for moans sake.

This release were an unimaginable thing to ever get release just 10 years ago.
Now they are offering 3 FULL concerts and STILL people are complaining! Please stop it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-27 03:27 by Blueranger.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: March 27, 2016 08:25

would i like it all yes....but i'm happy were getting anything until 3 1/2 years ago we got nothing....so stop pissing an moaning.....i'm sure rattlesnake will take care of what mick won't give us......it'll be ok........at least we all have the 27th complete.....the 26th has always been incomplete....and now 21 years later we get it.......you get what you need

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 27, 2016 10:51

Blueranger

Jump On Top Of Me and Still A Fool are quite in-essential, which shows on bootleg.

Yeah JOTOM was not exactly great the one time it wa played. And "Still A Fool" was a delight... for ppl who collect boots and know this is a nod to the 1968 studio version.
Jagger doesn't care for experts who collect boots!

Is there still a glimpse of hope the "27th only" tracks will be culled at the end of the end of the "Amsterdam disc"?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 27, 2016 11:55

tomcasagranda
There's a way around that; if you purchase from CDJapan, you mark on the dispatch that it's a gift.
That way you avoid the extortionate duty - I did it twice

I'm happy for you that you got lucky twice, but it's not the case that customs generally regards gifts
as duty free or waives the VAT on gifts. I too speak from experience ordering from Japan, but less lucky experience.

Date: March 27, 2016 12:04

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 19:21 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 27, 2016 13:21

The best news I was at brixtion one of the best stones club show,STRIPPED BEST LIVE AND NOW DELUXE,what treat for fans.

Date: March 27, 2016 14:02

Blueranger
Lynd8

slewan
mitch

i.e. missing songs are:

Simply amazes me how fans are always moaning before a note are released or how they can always find a way to moan about anything.
Jump On Top Of Me and Still A Fool are quite in-essential, which shows on bootleg. If they had chosen to release the 27 may concert instead, the moaners would have moaned about not releasing the 26 may. Moan for moans sake.

Now they are offering 3 FULL concerts and STILL people are complaining! Please stop it.

thumbs up

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: March 27, 2016 14:23

I've ordered the Blu Ray deluxe from cd Japan, but considering both my Sweet Summer Sun and Marquee blu Rays had interlacing faults (and then the marquee replacement had the sound out of synch!!) I will cancel and order from elsewhere if the deluxe edition becomes available.

It's not wort the risk for the bonus cd tracks! Whoever is in charge of producing these Blu Rays for Japan should've lost their job a long time ago.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 27, 2016 15:12

Blueranger
Lynd8

slewan
mitch

i.e. missing songs are:

Simply amazes me how true fans can describe the only live-version of "Still A Fool" (even the studio version not released officially until now) as "quite in-essential".

It's stuff like that that I need, not the 1001st live version of "Jumping Jack Flash" or "Honky Tonk Women".

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 27, 2016 15:17

with sssoul
tomcasagranda
There's a way around that; if you purchase from CDJapan, you mark on the dispatch that it's a gift.
That way you avoid the extortionate duty - I did it twice

I'm happy for you that you got lucky twice, but it's not the case that customs generally regards gifts
as duty free or waives the VAT on gifts. I too speak from experience ordering from Japan, but less lucky experience.

I only do it if it necessitates, as in the Beck Bogart Appice live set, or the Marquee / Brussels. I won't be doing it for Stripped.

Date: March 27, 2016 15:17

We have it good quality already, though.. The studio version, too.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 27, 2016 15:41

DandelionPowderman
We have it good quality already, though.. The studio version, too.

Then why release all this archive stuff at all? Most of it is available in "good quality" on bootlegs already, not counting Roundhouse 1971, some of Brussels 1973, Leeds 1982 or Phoenix 2005 and some bits and pieces here and there.

However good an audience recording may be, nothing beats a perfectly mixed soundboard.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 27, 2016 16:01

Plus which, "we" is relative. Not everyone in the world has it, or even everyone on IORR.
I'm very happy about this release, though - it sounds great, whether or not I can afford the version I want.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 27, 2016 16:09

Well, i am very happy with it, if i can afford it i will buy it.
Jeroen

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: March 27, 2016 16:22

slowhand
The 6 disc Blu-ray/CD version on amazon japan doesn't include a t-shirt.

translates as "+ T-shirt (size L only)"

Chris from Belgium

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home