Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 32
Re: Havana Cuba 25-Mar-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:45

Brstonesfan
Looks great. Official attendance says estimated 500k, but looks like a huge soccer field. Maybe 100k?

Same ol', same ol'. Who - apart from you - gives a toss about the attendance?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 19:47 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:49

crawdaddy

love this shot. don't see that very often.

plexi

Posted by: FrankG ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:51

re satisfaction... Keith in the past said that he liked to put a surprise on to see how the band reacted and to keep them on their toes. I guess he just did that.

Or he just didn't want them playing to be finished.....

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:52

Really love seeing those videos on YouTube. Really great version of Satisfaction! But is this tour the first time since 1990 they use a synth harp on Miss You?

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:56

bye bye johnny
Brstonesfan
Looks great. Official attendance says estimated 500k, but looks like a huge soccer field. Maybe 100k?

Many people care as reflected at all shows...some of us like to know the exact amount of people and what each show grosses(obviously last night was free, unless they were paid privately). I don't know why people are bothered if some of us like to get official figures..it's the same for people who collect all the boots, all the albums, or some who love to post pics after every show...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 19:57 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 26, 2016 20:07

Everyone is entitled to their own interests in Stones shows and I appreciate that .

Some people like statistics of all sorts, decent pics and videos, moaning about the setlist, moaning about the audience, saying how good the sound was or wasn't at a gig.....................and the list go's on.

All part of being a Rolling Stones fan I guess. winking smiley

Posted by: FrankG ()
Date: March 26, 2016 20:08

Brstonesfan
bye bye johnny
Brstonesfan

Many people care as reflected at all shows...some of us like to know the exact amount of people and what each show grosses(obviously last night was free, unless they were paid privately). I don't know why people are bothered if some of us like to get official figures..it's the same for people who collect all the boots, all the albums, or some who love to post pics after every show...

Brstonesfan, Some of us here care about every single detail. I'm not one of them, but I fully respect the the ones that do. We all have our own way of integrating the Stones in our daily life. Anyway, the Stones made history again last night and people are excited about that.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 20:16

powerage78
stones2000
I loved watching the clip of JJF on YouTube, on the Stones channel. Sounded awesome!

You are lucky confused smiley

[m.youtube.com]

Oh is the video I was talking about unavailable to you for some reason?

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 26, 2016 20:18

Thanks FrankG and crawdaddy for the above 2 posts...I have always been into the attendance/$$$ thing and take pride in the fact that the Stones have grossed probably now close to 2 billion in touring, if not more, since 89!!!! We hear so much about other bands selling more, etc, but the Stones are the King of the road when it comes to touring. Only U2 can possibly catch us if they tour like the Stones in their later years(unfortunately we lost the ABB gross to them).I know some people hate discussing attendance and don't care and I respect that, but I am entitled to my interests like everyone else here. Going to over 100 plus shows is no easy feat and I have earned my right to discuss anything Stones related.smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 20:22 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:03

bye bye johnny
Brstonesfan

Actually, I'm curious about the attendance too.

Date: March 26, 2016 21:03

Fair enough, Brstonesfan. Thanks for saving the "We predicted this" and "It's over™" schtick for another place...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 21:04 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:11

bye bye johnny
Fair enough, Brstonesfan. Thanks for saving the "We predicted this" and "It's over™" schtick for another place...

It was obviously "wide open"! winking smiley

Rolling Stones - Havana Cuba, May 25 2016
Date: March 26, 2016 21:21

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:27

steffialicia
bye bye johnny
Brstonesfan

Actually, I'm curious about the attendance too.

You can make your choice: "Tens of thousands", according to the BBC. More than 200,000 according to the AP website.
1.5 million (????), according to the Examiner' website.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:30

Everybody in Havana want my T-shirt! They gave out some fifty T-shirts to fans at the show last night, and I got one, right on the B-stage. Half a million people in the crowd. I was lucky! Nothing on sale at the venue, nothing! It was a fantastic show!

I can't publish to iorr.org tour16 pages now, but I have managed to publish some of my pictures and my report here:

[stoneslife.org]

I will do proper publishing when I am back home with high speed Internet in a day or so, i.e. by Monday. Meanwhile I will enjoy the slow pace and great hospitality of Havana in my new T-shirt...

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:33

Thanks so much for all the info, pics and reports Bjornulf,
Much appreciated!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:37

Historical gig, no question about that. The greatest rock band playing first time in Cuba and offering an excellent performance, as usual- I wish I was there… But, hey, the contention that the particular concert broke a kind of “prohibition” of rock music in Cuba, as a part of international press says, is totally crap…

In Cuba have played artists like Billy Joel, Stephen Stills (both in 1979, not recently), Ricky Wakeman, Sepultura, Audioslave, Manic Street Preachers (if I remember correctly Fidel Castro attended their gig, in 2001), etc. In Havana there is a Lennon’s statue and a park named “John Lennon”. There are popular local rock bands. Television and radio are broadcasting rock music for decades. For example, since 70s radio station “Radio Mariano” does deliver rock music, including Stones, of course…

And if Audioslave and Manic Street Preachers can attract some thousands of people in Cuba, I think is absolutely normal the picture of the Stones being attending by a match, match huger and enthusiastic crowd!

Date: March 26, 2016 21:38

Great work, bv. Thanks for ALL of it.

Safe home.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:48

ChefGuevara
What a great run this Ole tour. It's great to see the Stones making such a historic statement.

Just wondering about the lack of fireworks in Cuba. Not allowed?

Probably - it also doesn't say 'pyro' on the setlust picture.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:14

Love that photo of you in your new T-shirt! Safe travels home..... Enjoy and THANKS!!!

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:18

Not sure if if has been mentioned yet but I saw this.

The Stones Havana concert was filmed for an Eagle Rock release by director Paul Dugdate, who handled the band’s Sweet Summer Sun -- Hyde Park Live DVD in 2013. Dubbed Concert for Amity, it is produced by JA Digital.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:19

sarahunwin
Love that photo of you in your new T-shirt! Safe travels home..... Enjoy and THANKS!!!

+1 to all of the above - thanks & praises, Bjornulf!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:23

Great shot Bjornulf .....
But what are those two ladies doin' in the middle of the intersection...Dancing or fainting?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:30

Rockman
But what are those two ladies doin' in the middle of the intersection...Dancing or fainting?????

hahahaha, did not notice at first
they seem to be bumping into each other smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:45

Congrats on that t-shirt, Bjornulf.
You look good in it!

Anticipating further reports of the show when you can...
Edited to Add: Just read your description of getting in, the crowd, and all at stoneslife.org....fascinating!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 22:53 by angee.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:50

Adams
Rockman

hahahaha, did not notice at first
they seem to be bumping into each other smiling smiley

I think it's a quick hug.

Very cool that you got that tee, Bjornulf, and you look like you also picked up an island tan. Enjoy the rest of your Havana experience!

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:54

Attendance wise, Cuba estimated that the grounds could hold 450k. Most of the photos I've seen that were taken from a distance appeared to be using a zoom. The roads bordering the site did appear to be closed off. I think anywhere between 400-500k is probably in the ball park, 250k or less looks like an underestimation to me. But then again, I didn't count heads. smiling smiley

I can't imagine why anyone would want to be on a rail with a crowd of 2k let alone over 400k pressing against them. I had someone tell me I shouldn't go to Cuba because I would be taking a spot on the grounds from a Cuban, even though I had no intentions of being anywhere other than far back on the fringes. If I had gone, I probably would have bought a spot on a terrace or rooftop.

If I remember - the concert was depicted as open to anyone on a first come basis. Anyone willing to put the time in to make the rail should have their coveted foot of space. Although, at any concert I would hope that anyone who has held that spot many times would step back at some point during the concert and let someone who has never had that thrill, test out the real estate on the rail. I'd also hope that people wouldn't complain about the people who don't. For the majority of shows, the Stones have made the rail real estate beyond the budgets of some people who want to be there. When it's affordable and open to anyone who puts in the time to be there - I wish them all luck and the show of their lives, regardless of nationality.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 26, 2016 23:21

Safe journey home Bjornulf ,and sorry we didn't meet again, in Brasil, since those great days at the Oslo rehearsals outside at Telenor Arena.

Met so many of you fantastic Scandinavians there on my first night in Oslo and the days after. smileys with beer

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 26, 2016 23:58

The Stones posted on Facebook that they had 1.3 million attend last night

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-27 00:01 by hot stuff.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: March 27, 2016 00:07

GlimmerGirl24
Attendance wise, Cuba estimated that the grounds could hold 450k. Most of the photos I've seen that were taken from a distance appeared to be using a zoom. The roads bordering the site did appear to be closed off. I think anywhere between 400-500k is probably in the ball park, 250k or less looks like an underestimation to me. But then again, I didn't count heads. smiling smiley

I can't imagine why anyone would want to be on a rail with a crowd of 2k let alone over 400k pressing against them. I had someone tell me I shouldn't go to Cuba because I would be taking a spot on the grounds from a Cuban, even though I had no intentions of being anywhere other than far back on the fringes. If I had gone, I probably would have bought a spot on a terrace or rooftop.

If I remember - the concert was depicted as open to anyone on a first come basis. Anyone willing to put the time in to make the rail should have their coveted foot of space. Although, at any concert I would hope that anyone who has held that spot many times would step back at some point during the concert and let someone who has never had that thrill, test out the real estate on the rail. I'd also hope that people wouldn't complain about the people who don't. For the majority of shows, the Stones have made the rail real estate beyond the budgets of some people who want to be there. When it's affordable and open to anyone who puts in the time to be there - I wish them all luck and the show of their lives, regardless of nationality.

GlimmerGirl24 is correct. Pics were zoomed in on. The venue itself was set up to hold 450,000. That is a fact. It had been previous published that 7 large screens would be set up. Have you seen a full pic with 7 large screens? Articles published last night and today all say that there were at lease a half a million people. One article stated: "The sea of people flowed beyond into the streets, with crowds even standing thick on neighboring rooftops for a total of about half a million fans." These are the statistics.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 32

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1332
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home