Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jumpin' Jack Flash promo video in HD
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 20, 2016 04:45

I don't know if those who are not registered on Facebook can watch this, but here's an amazing HD video of Jumpin' Jack Flash promo video. To watch it in HD, just click on the little gear in the right hand bottom corner and choose HD.

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Jumpin' Jack Flash promo video in HD
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 20, 2016 06:09

That's so @#$%& cool...it looks so vibrant.

I'm surprised that the vocal track on the video is slightly different from the record.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: March 20, 2016 10:35

Fantastic

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 20, 2016 12:48

Is it the version that came with the 68-71 Singles Box Set, with some odd vocal addenda pasted on?
a few extra oooo-oo's that haven't been mixed down with the other vocals? And a few seconds extra at the end
when Keith looks at his fingernails and takes off his guitar?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 20, 2016 12:51

Wow, and thank you for posting this. Been waiting a long time for this. Hope this is an indication that there will be an official video of promos coming out. What away to start a Sundaysmiling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 20, 2016 12:58

Cristiano Radtke
I don't know if those who are not registered on Facebook can watch this, but here's an amazing HD video of Jumpin' Jack Flash promo video. To watch it in HD, just click on the little gear in the right hand bottom corner and choose HD.

[www.facebook.com]

Simply tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good !! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 20, 2016 13:44

with sssoul
Is it the version that came with the 68-71 Singles Box Set, with some odd vocal addenda pasted on?
a few extra oooo-oo's that haven't been mixed down with the other vocals? And a few seconds extra at the end
when Keith looks at his fingernails and takes off his guitar?

Yup.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: March 20, 2016 13:49

Excellent.

I never noticed the "J J" on Jagger's forehead before.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: March 20, 2016 14:10

I think there's a strong argument for this being the best piece of film of them and maybe even their best song.
They look positively evil !
I hope the Child Of The Moon vid can go up in similar quality.
I dont want to start a Stones/Beatles debate but watching this alongside the live vocal Revolution promo also directed by MLH, it's interesting that both groups are presenting quite aggressive music to the public around the same time.
Both JJF/COTM and HJ/R are both in with a strong shout for the best single/video combo by these two.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 20, 2016 15:27

It's amazing when you figure that this promotional film was just done for some kind of Decca Records promotional launch party for the single. I am assuming that this happened all the time. There was a cocktail party for the launch for record industry people and insiders and rock musicians. They all stood around sipping wine and eating cheese and talked about the music business. At some point a few or all of the Stones showed up and rubbed elbows with the music corporate types. Then the lights were turned low, and the film projector started to roll and people watched the promotional video. The film reel may have been given to some pop music TV shows in the UK in 1968 for one or two airings and that was it. Nobody ever expected to see this promotional film again, it was just a one-off and then would disappear. This was just the way it was, and it was the normal way of working the music business at the time.

Who would have thought that rabid fans would love this stuff and hunt it down years later! What was supposed to be just a one-off promotional film for a record launch party never to be seen again has turned into an incredibly outstanding performance and historical document appreciated and cherished by millions!

I actually prefer the one where Mick wears the white jacket and dances like a classic Miak Jagger rock'n'roll animal. I have only seen it in black and white, who knows it may have even been shot in colour. It's just so raw and has the swagger and vibe without the war paint and all that stuff.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 20, 2016 17:03

Brilliant stuff!!!Its a gas gas gas.
jeroen

Date: March 20, 2016 17:22

MileHigh, my friend and I were having this conversation just 2 hours ago. Mostly about studio out takes and how the bands didn't see any value in them. And yes it's funny how us fans go crazy for this stuff. In this video though exist the rare energy that is JJF. Maybe it wasn't meant to be anything special but turned out to be a jewel.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 20, 2016 19:19

Very interesting... Thanks so much for the post.
Some different vocals and an extended fade out, as others have mentioned
Great video quality

I never understood the war paint makeup.
I don't think there's a single full-frame shot of Brian anywhere in this video... just those extreme close-ups.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 20, 2016 20:32

It looks brilliant, of course, but I wonder whose bad idea those added ooo's were.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 20, 2016 22:44

Nice clarity!

A high school classmate asked me regarding the video, "Why is Brian Jones wearing a wig?" I said, "That's not a wig."

The close-up of Mick's teeth at the start doesn't help the already dubious reputation of British teeth.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 21, 2016 17:52

Looks like a pocket watch is painted on his abs.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 21, 2016 17:53

The backing track also has an extended ending by a few seconds. Cool!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 22, 2016 01:22

Cool. I love the hooker lipstick on Brian and the trashy makeup look on the rest. Here's a version of JJF from utoob. It might be the same one only a bit longer. There's a quick shot of Bill in it that reminded me of what Michael Jackson came to look like. Yeah, an odd thing to think, but it flashed there in my thought processes.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 23, 2016 06:05

I loved all of it. Especially at the end where they let that funky/jazzy/stevewinwoody organ part wail. The credits are conflicting, citing Bill Wyman on Wikipedia as playing Hammond Organ on the track, while others say it was Nicky Hopkins. The credits from 40 Licks don't list anyone, only Stu on piano. What a great part that no one ever mentions.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 23, 2016 06:19

Wow!!, thanks Christiano! There's some other really cool vids on that FB page too.

Date: April 6, 2016 00:15

This video was posted on the Stones' Facebook page and I think it wasn't posted here yet. Here's a restored version of Child of the Moon promo video:

Date: April 6, 2016 01:09

24FPS
I loved all of it. Especially at the end where they let that funky/jazzy/stevewinwoody organ part wail. The credits are conflicting, citing Bill Wyman on Wikipedia as playing Hammond Organ on the track, while others say it was Nicky Hopkins. The credits from 40 Licks don't list anyone, only Stu on piano. What a great part that no one ever mentions.

Going by what is heard, I'd say it's Nicky for both piano and hammond organ.

I think Bill probably played the mellotron chord that sounds like horns or a blown harmonica.

Date: April 6, 2016 01:19

Cristiano Radtke
This video was posted on the Stones' Facebook page and I think it wasn't posted here yet. Here's a restored version of Child of the Moon promo video:

Wowowow!!!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 6, 2016 02:47

Anywhere to download these?

winking smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: April 6, 2016 02:51

Thank you! smileys with beer

Date: April 6, 2016 03:06

Thank you, Deltics! smileys with beer

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 6, 2016 03:08

Shhhh! You'll get me into trouble!
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 6, 2016 09:48

Thanks mates!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:08

Amazing - never knew there was an organ at the end (reminds me a bit of the Doors), and there are also some background voices I've never heard.

Thanks for sharing!

Date: April 6, 2016 16:42

Wow, first JJF and now COTM in glorious HD. I'm loving it. Thank you.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home