Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Crosby, Stills, and Nash are breaking up
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 9, 2016 18:02

I thought they broke up 40-something years ago?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-09 18:02 by Koen.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 9, 2016 20:31

I suspect Croz will soon make some sort of public apology and CSN will be back
once again. Nash stuck by Crosby through his darkest days/years. Whatever was said was out of line. Anyway they both need the CSN name and touring revenue.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 9, 2016 22:25

swimtothemoon
Anyway they both need the CSN name and touring revenue.

Crosby prob more so than Nash

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 9, 2016 22:38

reg thorpe
swimtothemoon
Anyway they both need the CSN name and touring revenue.

Crosby prob more so than Nash

Well Nash has recently split from his wife of 30 plus years so he may have to part with some of his dosh.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 10, 2016 00:40

Bobbyb98
According to Graham Nash, CSN are officially over. His given cause is David Crosby's apparent inability to get along with the rest of the group, years after having pushed Neil Young out of the group with his behavior.

[www.rollingstone.com]

So glad, I was able for seeing them live in a good concert in 2010.

A dream is (or should I say now, was) a concert from Crosby,Stills,Nash & Young!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 10, 2016 05:34

DoomandGloom
While they made some of the greatest hippie music which I love, collectivily they are among the biggest hyprocrits of the entire 60's movement. Feeding their ravanous tastes for drugs and decadence on the back of an anti-war movement while brandishing firearms and crack pipes with a sense of entitlement. Crosby born with a silver spoon in his mouth is the most dreadful of the batch. I once saw Stlii's manager shoot speed into Steve's eye whites. Yup they are glamorous.

lmfao. There were not many hippie rock stars that could maintain the lifestyle of peace and love throughout the 70's. Those were pretty unhealthy times. In 1969 those guys were right where they were supposed to be. Stills loves to party, always has and probably still does, I have a story of basically a 2 day long pool game with him that got pretty weird toward the end.

But hey there was a time when we liked our rock stars drugged out and somewhat flamboyant and close to the edge. Glamorous? Never was a prerequisite for me. Even Neil Young is known as somewhat of a spoiled brat among his inner circle.

As far as Croz goes, I can't imagine he is much longer for this world. I never much liked his solo work and his best stuff was always with his pals. Hate to see this kind of bad blood after so many years of friendship but perhaps this has something to do with Nash's new record coming out? Nothing like a rock star feud for a little free PR.

Check out this interview with Croz back when he was on top of the heap.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 10, 2016 09:40

Koen
I thought they broke up 40-something years ago?

I was just about to post "am I the only person who . . " and then saw that no, you thought that too. winking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 10, 2016 09:41

Breaking up is hard to do...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 31, 2016 22:27

Well, you just never know. People get pissed off, say things in the press, then get over it. Nash didn't mention anything to me last night...

Date: March 31, 2016 22:33

Who's who?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 31, 2016 22:49

Looks like Henry Diltz the photographer second from left. He did at least one
CSN cover - the one where they are on the porch. Probably others as he has
Been the man behind the lens for many Iconic album covers.

Date: March 31, 2016 23:02

I think its Patti Boyd/Harrison/Clapton, who is no mean photographer herself, standing next to Nash.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: April 1, 2016 01:23

I've always wondered just what Crosby brings to the mix. Decent harmonizing vocals - at one time.

That's about it.

He may have occasionally strapped a guitar over that big belly of his but that's just for show. Stills is the guitarist in CSN.

As for the picture/photo up above - I believe that is Patti Boyd (Harrison/Clapton).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-01 01:27 by 1cdog.

Date: April 1, 2016 01:46

1cdog
I've always wondered just what Crosby brings to the mix. Decent harmonizing vocals - at one time.

That's about it.

He may have occasionally strapped a guitar over that big belly of his but that's just for show. Stills is the guitarist in CSN.

As for the picture/photo up above - I believe that is Patti Boyd (Harrison/Clapton).

well crosby still has the best voice of the 3 and bought "almost cut my hair" so thats enough for me

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 1, 2016 02:11

roller99
Well, you just never know. People get pissed off, say things in the press, then get over it. Nash didn't mention anything to me last night...

Diltz was on Steve Jones lunchtime show on KLOS yesterday plugging this event...some sort of slide show of his photos (and Nash's) that was at Largo?

I was tempted to go. How much were tickets? Was it a good turnout?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 1, 2016 05:17

Koen
Who's who?

The lovely lady is Pattie Boyd Harrison

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 1, 2016 05:38

I just saw Croz perform solo last Sunday night and he was excellent, doing mostly newer material.

Personally I wish he could mend fences with the others. He did publicly apologize to Young but I don't
know what's going on with Nash, sounds like same issue.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: April 1, 2016 05:54

Just saying'...David Crosby has been part of a large portion of amazing music. I'm more of a Byrds guy than CSN or Y, but there as well. Listen to the harmonies on "8 Miles High," "Feel a Whole Lot Better," or his own "Lady Friend." Among many others. "Deja Vu," cool song. Etc.

Date: April 1, 2016 06:11

Ok, so we have:

???, Diltz, ???, Nash, Patty Boyd (3x), ???

Just curious who the others are, otherwise a picture becomes so meaningless IMO smiling smiley

Date: April 2, 2016 03:39

Koen
Who's who?
Richard Horowitz, co-owner of Morrison Hotel Gallery, Henry Diltz, Joel Bernstein, Graham Nash, Pattie Boyd, and Peter Blachley, co-owner of MHG.

Date: April 2, 2016 03:41

loog droog
roller99

Diltz was on Steve Jones lunchtime show on KLOS yesterday plugging this event...some sort of slide show of his photos (and Nash's) that was at Largo?

I was tempted to go. How much were tickets? Was it a good turnout?

I don't know how much tickets were, I was an invited guest. It was pretty crowded.

Date: April 2, 2016 12:25

swimtothemoon
I suspect Croz will soon make some sort of public apology and CSN will be back
once again. Nash stuck by Crosby through his darkest days/years. Whatever was said was out of line. Anyway they both need the CSN name and touring revenue.

Agreed. Some fat old promoter will soon offer fat old Crosby a huge fat pay check to reunite with his chums.
They will fall into line of course. And be all lovey-dovey.
What did Dylan once say?
'Money doesn't talk, it swears'

Date: April 2, 2016 12:48

roller99
Koen
Who's who?
Richard Horowitz, co-owner of Morrison Hotel Gallery, Henry Diltz, Joel Bernstein, Graham Nash, Pattie Boyd, and Peter Blachley, co-owner of MHG.

Thanks!

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: April 3, 2016 16:52

More Hot Rocks
bob r
Crosby has never been known to keep his mouth shut when he sees something not right and that even goes for his bandmates--

He called out Neil Young for dumping his wife Pegi of over 30 years for Daryl Hannah, and has called out Nash for dumping his wife Susan of over 34 years for a woman half his age.

Nash and Young are pissed and that's what this is all about--both are way past having "mid-life" crisises and don't like Crosby taking their wives side of the story rather than supporting their old age insecurities.

Didn't he get a new liver half his age years ago? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

OK, I laughed. Because it's true. smiling smiley

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: April 3, 2016 16:53

The Sicilian
Thankfully, music is timeless. A good record can put you back into the year the music was released. One thing the baby boomer generation has that no other can claim is great music.

A simple song like "For What It's Worth" or a 70's pop song like "The Night Chicago Died" can bring me back to the kitchen table when I was a kid and my parents listened to the radio on those summer mornings with the widows open.

Amen.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: April 4, 2016 03:31

Posted by: geoffc ()
Date: April 7, 2016 19:53

Perhaps Nash could persuade Alan Clarke out of retirement, and get The Hollies back together?

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: April 7, 2016 21:09

Bobbyb98
Now that Nash is getting divorced after many years...

Oh my goodness, I hadn't heard that. Very surprised. He's like 73 or 74 isn't he. His new songs are outstanding.

P.S. Joel Bernstein is cute!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 21:12 by Claire_M.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: April 7, 2016 23:47

geoffc
Perhaps Nash could persuade Alan Clarke out of retirement, and get The Hollies back together?

IIRC, Clarke's has had some health problems that affected his singing voice. Wasn't supposed to sing at their HOF induction but did a little bit.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: April 8, 2016 00:08

Ay caramba, Graham's new gf is only in her 30s. She's very pretty - has a young Mia Farrow-type quality.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home